Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #76  

EatAnts (Sheila) GREAT job on the recap! Complete and really fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Hi everyone!!! This is my first post on this site and my second week on IP. I had my first weigh in this past Saturday and lost 9 pounds. I'm very happy with the program but I don’t know what do about exercise. I am 47 and my initial weigh was 173, height 5'3". Now at 164 I have 34 pounds to loose. My concern is that my skin could get too flabby if I don't work out. I'm already struggling with large size arms (13") with bat wings. My goal is to trim and tone this area as well as the rest of my body, hopefully also get rid of cellulite. I don’t exercise regularly but I feel I should incorporate it to get the best results out of this program. What do you recommend I do as a beginner? I'll appreciate any advice you can give me.
Coqui! What a great first week weigh in! If you're not already exercising, start VERY slowly. Aunt Sheshie gave you a good link to the exercise thread -- although it's long, it's definitely worth reading the Q&A there. Just an FYI I'm 46 and the first time that someone noticed my weight loss was because of my arms! I had been only following IP, no exercises, and certainly nothing to work out the biceps & triceps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
It's really rather beautiful, in a foreign sort of way. High today of 81 here -- the same as it has been for, I don't know, months.
Beautiful, in a "it's in your near future" sort of way, smarty pants! Germany won't be 81 degrees til next June, or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi gang...thought I better reintroduce myself. I am restarting IP today. I have been off since July. I absolutely love this program, and had great success with it. Initially lost 40lbs in 3 mths
Our beautiful 2yr old son drowned in July and I had a tough time staying on track since the shock has worn off. I see there are lots of new folks on here and I look forward to sharing in everyones victories along the way. I may be a little needy in the ol motivation dept for a while, but I am totally determined to finish what I had started.

It's good to be back
Samantha, it's good to see you back! As for being needy -- ask for whatever will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
I have hit the -40lbs mark, though, so I'm very pleased about that.

Mini-rant: I have to say with many others that I'm very disappointed with the "new improved" formulation of the chocolate pudding powder--sweeter but less chocolatey, and soooo lumpy! Basically, blech! ... IMHO the heads of IP might want to rethink this new formula, since based on this chat line they are chasing customers/consumers away in droves! (hint, hint, to anyone with a line to the top)
Jackie I was lucky enough to pick up the last box of ChocPudd original recipe at my clinic today. I heard/read that the change was to make it easier for people to transition on to IP because the drop in carb levels can be quite dramatic. But the difference between 3 g/pack and 7 g/pack isn't going to make the difference in that transition unless you have, umm I don't know, 10 of them? Apparently some of the drinks have been reformulated and are lower carb.

I wish the PTB (powers that be) would communicate more with their customers. My goodness, it's not as if they don't have our name, rank, serial numbers.

I'm reminded of a line from Meathead on "All in the Family" when he was unpacking groceries -- New and improved, new and improved. Everything's new and improved. What'd we have before, old and lousy?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-01-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #77  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi gang...thought I better reintroduce myself. I am restarting IP today. I have been off since July. I absolutely love this program, and had great success with it. Initially lost 40lbs in 3 mths
Our beautiful 2yr old son drowned in July and I had a tough time staying on track since the shock has worn off. I see there are lots of new folks on here and I look forward to sharing in everyones victories along the way. I may be a little needy in the ol motivation dept for a while, but I am totally determined to finish what I had started.

It's good to be back
I was saddened to read your post. A big hug comes across the miles to you from me. Welcome back to this board. We are all here for you.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #78  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
[B]
Beautiful, in a "it's in your near future" sort of way, smarty pants! Germany won't be 81 degrees til next June, or so.
And only in my dreams and if I'm really, really lucky. Yuch.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #79  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
oh rub it in!!! haha
The devil made me do it.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Quick question. Has anyone had trouble with really irregular periods? I had my period the first week I was on IP (9/21-9/28). Then two weeks later I had two days of spotting. Now, I'm essentially a week late???? My tubes are tied but I'm still freaking out because I've NEVER been late, except for my 3 kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Well, I have pcos and for years my periods were very irregular. once every 2-3 months. Then i started working with a holistic dr. and taking herbal supplements. My periods regulated. Until my 3rd month on IP. I had a very weird light spotty period. Its usually difficult to control but this month i wasn't sure i was on it at all. I don't know if its because i had lost over 30lbs and with pcos that is a huge factor. or if its because the IP products have soy in them and soy is a big NO NO for pcos patients as your body thinks its estrogen and you already have too much to begin with. or if its because I'm soon to be 42 and I'm starting pre-menopause. so - no solution here. We're in the same boat.
I also have PCOS and have always been irregular. This last year I have become pretty regular (for some reason) until starting IP. My first period was very light, my second was very heavy (and painful) and now I have skipped a month and no signs of this month's (s/b this week)! Not really complaining though. No period is better than painful periods anyday!!

EatAnts Thanks for the recaps! I love it!
Calgarygirlie I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. You are in my prayers.

I posted last week about losing slowly and being hungry and my coach telling me to add a packet. So far it seems to be working.....the scales are moving. I also bought a food scale just this weekend. I have had one in the past but couldn't find it when I started IP. I thought I could estimate the portions, afterall I have measured food for many diets. I remember hearing that a healthy serving of meat or chicken was about the size of your palm and fish was about the size of your hand. Boy was I wrong. My guess of chicken was about 3 ounces, beef was about 2.5 and fish was 3. I was probably hungry because I wasn't getting the protein I needed! So, I have been faithfully measuring my food. I can barely get that much meat down but I am!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #81  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslang View Post
Thank you EatAnts! All the links and information in one handy dandy read! Awesome! Make we want to post something just to get my name in your post tomorrow... humm.... what can I say.... How about... Happy November EVERYONE!
Major SCALE victory last week... as I am under 320lbs for the first time in a LONG time...
Way to go!!!! Great job. IP is such a great way to go and you obviously have found that it works for you. I am sooo happy for you.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #82  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Good morning all! Excited about the Chrismas challenge! So I am on week 2 and I've lost 10.4 pounds to date. Now my mom and my aunt want to try this out... they are going in next week for there initial consultation. I'm happy to have company in this new lifestyle. Has anyone else had people in there lives follow suit after starting this program or did you guys follow someone else? Just curious.
I started on IP after a co-worker of mine started on it and dropped 20 lbs her first month. Not only that, she is an insulin-dependent diabetic and she has reduced her insulin usage by 90%. Anyway, I started 4 weeks after her and then another co-worker and her daughter started the next week. We have another co-worker thinking about it as well (instead of gastric bypass)! It really helps having co-workers on plan because we keep each other in line.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #83  
Health vs. Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning everyone!! *WHEW* Glad that's over! Halloween that is!! I'm so proud of myself - normally a good Halloween would have meant eating (and sneaking) mini chocolate bars for about a month before Halloween and all during!! And this year is a new year - NO HALLOWEEN TREATS at all!!! I DID IT!!! Yeah!!!!

I am proud of you, too. I have been on this plan for 6 months and for some reason, every time I went into a grocery store, the candy was lined up down the center isle and kept calling my name. I am hapy it is all over so thaat I can buy my groceries in "quiet".

Today I'm off from work, so I'm going to have a play-day with my 3 year old! We're going to play, do puzzles, play outside in the snow, fun stuff today!!! It's TOM for me, brutal - I'm sure the scale will reflect that! Oh well, "its just data and not who I am"

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week!
Where do you live? Snow!!! We had 70 degree weather until last week. I am already freezing because of the weight lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
I can not believe it is already the beginning of November!!! This whole year has been flying by!! This has nothing to do with weight loss but I am seriously the happiest girl in the world! My husband was supposed to deploy to Afghanistan at the beginning of December and he was voted by his shop NOT to go anymore!!! This will be his 1st Christmas home in 6 years!!!<3<3

I hope everybody has an amazing day today!
I am so happy for you and your husband. I would be the happiest girl in the world, too.

Quote:

It's good to be back
I am happy you are back. You and your family have been in my prayers every day since I read your devastating message in July. You are an inspiration to all of us.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #84  

S/C/G: Starting Nov1,2010-165/165/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! Today is my first day on IP. It went really well! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing in the success of IP.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/157/155

Height: 5 7

Welcome MellowYellow! I have never found a diet that has worked for me before until now. I started IP on Sept. 12 and have lost almost 30 lbs. My doctor is so proud of me! This forum has been awesome! It really does motivate you to keep up the good work! I can't wait until I get my own weight loss ticker. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #86  
Health vs. Madness

I tried on two pair of jeans that I purchased this weekend in a size 12 and they fit. I still can't believe it. I also tried on my wedding ring (I haven't worn it in almost 20 years because it was too small) and it fits, too. I am constantly amazed.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

It's good to be back
I feel your pain and hope that God give you the strength he gave me when I lost my 6 year old boy to cancer over 6 years ago. Nothing can prepare you for something like this. All I can tell you is that there will be good days and bad days. God bless you!!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Ending the day with a NSV: Because I seem to have hit a bump in the weight-loss road, I decided to add a walk to my daily routine. So, I went out and bought myself a pair of those fancy-smancy toning shoes as my "30-pounds gone" reward. (I can only hope I end up with a cute little butt like the women in the commercials!!!!)

Tonight hubs and I walked more than 3 miles, with hills, and not once did I have to stop to catch my breath! In fact, I was able to talk the entire walk (much to his dismay! ) and my knees, which had been giving me fits whenever I tried to walk before, felt good the whole time. It's amazing what losing 30 pounds can do for you!

And while the scale seems to be stuck, the jeans I bought two weeks ago are already suffering from saggy butt syndrome. At this rate, I can't keep up with the clothing size changes -- too expensive!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama62 View Post
Welcome MellowYellow! I have never found a diet that has worked for me before until now. I started IP on Sept. 12 and have lost almost 30 lbs. My doctor is so proud of me! This forum has been awesome! It really does motivate you to keep up the good work! I can't wait until I get my own weight loss ticker. Good luck!
Thank you!!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #90  

Can someone please tell me what the restricted packets and bars are for the first two weeks?
Closed Thread