Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 186/131/140

Height: 5'4

Thaks, Aunt Sheshie. I was hopign it was a good sign. I still may just take a pregnancy test to ease my mind. My mom has always called me "Murphy".
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Hi everyone!!! This is my first post on this site and my second week on IP. I had my first weigh in this past Saturday and lost 9 pounds. I'm very happy with the program but I don’t know what do about exercise. I am 47 and my initial weigh was 173, height 5'3". Now at 164 I have 34 pounds to loose. My concern is that my skin could get too flabby if I don't work out. I'm already struggling with large size arms (13") with bat wings. My goal is to trim and tone this area as well as the rest of my body, hopefully also get rid of cellulite. I don’t exercise regularly but I feel I should incorporate it to get the best results out of this program. What do you recommend I do as a beginner? I'll appreciate any advice you can give me.
coqui!.. glad you found us... exercise & the need for it varies from person to person... talk to your coach about it... meanwhile, go to the Exercise thread & read, read, read...

hugs
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #63  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hi gang...thought I better reintroduce myself. I am restarting IP today. I have been off since July. I absolutely love this program, and had great success with it. Initially lost 40lbs in 3 mths
Our beautiful 2yr old son drowned in July and I had a tough time staying on track since the shock has worn off. I see there are lots of new folks on here and I look forward to sharing in everyones victories along the way. I may be a little needy in the ol motivation dept for a while, but I am totally determined to finish what I had started.

It's good to be back
CG: so glad to see you back! I have thought and prayed for you and your family so much over the past months. I am glad you are finding ways to move on with your life, with him firmly and forever in your heart. A lot of the old gang is in the "Life after phase 1" thread so stop over there too. And Pita and some other folks are hanging around in the 'I'm Baaack" thread.

There is an even larger group of great IP'ers on the board now, and the losses are inspiring. So glad we will have you with us again!
WELCOME HOME!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #64  

Congrats MomPattie!!!! Enjoyed your post...Love the Will Power!!! Just one question.... what is SNOW????

LOL! This is snow....this was Jan 2010 - typical winter snowfall up here in Sask! We dont have this much snow right now, only about 2 inches left since its been melting!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg January 2010 258.jpg (16.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #65  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Hi gang...thought I better reintroduce myself. I am restarting IP today. I have been off since July. I absolutely love this program, and had great success with it. Initially lost 40lbs in 3 mths
Our beautiful 2yr old son drowned in July and I had a tough time staying on track since the shock has worn off. I see there are lots of new folks on here and I look forward to sharing in everyones victories along the way. I may be a little needy in the ol motivation dept for a while, but I am totally determined to finish what I had started.

It's good to be back

Oh Calgarygirlie- WELCOME Back!
I've been praying for you and all your loved ones, since you posted the loss of your son in July.

My family went thru a shock last year when my nephew was murdered- 2 people broke into where he was living 'to rob an empty house' but he was home and was shot twice on sight. He had just switched apts with an elderly man who couldn't do stairs anymore- they prob thought he was still living there...anyway, they finally caught the 2 thugs recently, and hopefully they will get life sentances without parole.

I know this doesn't compare with the loss of your precious little one, quess I just felt like sharing.. I pray the comfort of your Friends and your Faith sustain you! again, I am heartfully sorry...
Old 11-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #66  

Quote:

It's good to be back
So glad to hear from you, Samantha! I've thought of you and your family so often over the past few months. You were one of my original IP inspirations on this forum, so now that you're back I'm here to cheer you on as much as you need! I reached my goal and you can do this too!

Last edited by Sweetstina; 11-01-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #67  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Believe it or not, this should be considered a good sign... it means you're losing fat... the fat on our bodies is a very efficient storage facility for hormones, probably especially estrogen, & as we lose fat, those hormones are released into the bloodstream... don't worry, it's only a temporary thing, our bodies know how to metabolize the hormones away so that it'll all balance out again... hope that helps...

hugs
That is very encouraging! Thank you!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
I can not believe it is already the beginning of November!!! This whole year has been flying by!! This has nothing to do with weight loss but I am seriously the happiest girl in the world! My husband was supposed to deploy to Afghanistan at the beginning of December and he was voted by his shop NOT to go anymore!!! This will be his 1st Christmas home in 6 years!!!<3<3

I hope everybody has an amazing day today!
AveQueLoca What an amazing Christmas you will have with your husband this year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
I knew something was up about that chocolate pudding. The first time i had it i thought "wow this tastes just like chocolate pudding!" The last couple of times its been yuck. I thought it was just me - maybe eating too many bar-b-cue crisps (yum) changed my taste buds. And my new favorite restricted is the new southwest cheese puffs. OMG! Love-them!

On another note - I crossed a major milestone this weekend. I'm now officially under 200lbs for the first time in 15 years. Yay! My weight loss had stalled for the past 2 weeks so my coach put me on a cleanse. That opened things up a lot! I have food allergies so the IP products can have some additional side effects for me. Last month i only lost 2.5 lbs a week. I was disappointed until i had my body comp done and it showed a 7lb muscle gain! I don't know if that's because I had lost so much muscle by extreme dieting before IP or not. Anyone else have this happen? Will the muscle gain stop soon so I can slim down quicker?

I got some great recipe ideas from the forum last night so I'll keep you posted on how they turn out. Have a great day every one!
to Onderland!!! You are doing so great!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Day Peeps!

I have been MIA so busy for 4 days, thanks EATANTS for the Awesome recap, cause I probably would have missed some stuff!

NSV - I managed to stay out of the boy's halloween candy!

I am glad everyone is having a good week.

Calgarygirlie - Welcome. My heart breaks for you. Welcome. This is such a great place.

Journeysend - I would like to join the challenge please!

Congrats on all the victories! Hope everyone has a stellar week!

Susan
Susan Of course you can join the Christmas Challenge!! I will add your name to the spreadsheet, you can get to it by cliking on the link in my signiture and add your starting weight yourself or you can post it on the 15lbs by Christmas Challenge thread & I will post it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I just had to post I can't believe it, I weigh 199.5, I have lost 70 pounds in a little bit over 3 months...3 months and 3 days to be exact! Wowzers!

I am now wearing size 12 jeans...when i weighed 150 i wore size 10 I can't believe it!

And finally, i tried celariac today. Made me some baked chips in the oven...it's okay taste a tad too much like celery...

Thanks for listening...hope everyone has a gread I.P day!
and on making to Onderland!!!! Great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Hey all....so I have been noticing here in the past week that I have bruises...everywhere! I know first thought is iron deficiency, but I am getting 100% of daily recommendation.....any other thoughts? My BF hit (he was teasing) me in the arm last night and I have a bruise now!!! It wasn't even a hard punch!

I need to get my blood drawn anyways for our annual checks....I wonder if that will show anything abnormal. I'm a little worried!
wyoangel when you get your blood work done, ask your Dr. what your platlet level is

Quote:
Hi everyone!!! This is my first post on this site and my second week on IP. I had my first weigh in this past Saturday and lost 9 pounds. I'm very happy with the program but I don’t know what do about exercise. I am 47 and my initial weigh was 173, height 5'3". Now at 164 I have 34 pounds to loose. My concern is that my skin could get too flabby if I don't work out. I'm already struggling with large size arms (13") with bat wings. My goal is to trim and tone this area as well as the rest of my body, hopefully also get rid of cellulite. I don’t exercise regularly but I feel I should incorporate it to get the best results out of this program. What do you recommend I do as a beginner? I'll appreciate any advice you can give me.
Coqui to the Ideal Protein eating program and to this wonderful forum. I also have the "bat wing" arms I am taking the liquid Collegen that my coach sells hoping it will help!!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #69  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Welcome to November...up here in Manitoba it's very frosty one!!!
EatAnts for your morning updates, it is very much appreciated!

Don't forget to post your starting weight for the 15lbs By Christmas Challenge ,

If you haven't posted your final weight for the 20lbs By Halloween challenge please do so...I will be posting final results later today.

Hope everyone has a great Monday, a even better week and a wonderful November!!!!
163 is my final weight for the Halloween Challenge and my starting weight for the Christmas challenge....Thanks

Marilyn
Old 11-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #70  

Good afternoon all. I had my WI this morning. I woke up late so I didn't eat breakfast and didn't drink much water, but in doing so, I am under 200 pds! That means on my 2nd week on IP I lost 8 pounds......on TOM!!! That is 1 pound MORE than what I lost in the first week! So, I've lost 15 pounds on the dot in 2 weeks. So glad to have all of your encouraging words of advice on here and motivation. THANKS to ALL!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

LOL! This is snow....this was Jan 2010 - typical winter snowfall up here in Sask! We dont have this much snow right now, only about 2 inches left since its been melting!
It's really rather beautiful, in a foreign sort of way. High today of 81 here -- the same as it has been for, I don't know, months.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #72  

Good afternoon, everyone. Hope your Monday is going okay. I like the opening thread, too...thanks!

I have tomorrow off (election day) and Wednesday will be my 4th weigh in since starting. How I'd love to be in onderland! My home scale, first thing in the morning, is just under 200, but "officially" I'm weighed later in the day, so I should be just over 200. Getting closer.

Have a nice evening, everyone!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #73  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
It's really rather beautiful, in a foreign sort of way. High today of 81 here -- the same as it has been for, I don't know, months.
oh rub it in!!! haha
Old 11-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #74  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
I just had to post I can't believe it, I weigh 199.5, I have lost 70 pounds in a little bit over 3 months...3 months and 3 days to be exact! Wowzers!

I am now wearing size 12 jeans...when i weighed 150 i wore size 10 I can't believe it!
Wow I am so excited for you and hope to join you soon (in the next 3-4 weeks).:ca rrot:

Quote:
Welcome to the boards...great place for information. Our calorie intakes are so low that exercise can cause you to not drop weight as your body protects what little calories it gets. Most coaches say no exercise until phase 3. Walking and light lifting should be acceptable. I walk about 4-5 times a week (2-3 miles each time) at a nice light 3.3 mile per hour pace. I have been since day one. good luck and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Good afternoon all. I had my WI this morning. I woke up late so I didn't eat breakfast and didn't drink much water, but in doing so, I am under 200 pds! That means on my 2nd week on IP I lost 8 pounds......on TOM!!! That is 1 pound MORE than what I lost in the first week! So, I've lost 15 pounds on the dot in 2 weeks. So glad to have all of your encouraging words of advice on here and motivation. THANKS to ALL!!!
Congrats...great 2 week numbers
Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #75  

JourneySend, I posted my start weight, I hope I did it right, if not, its 199. I won't be able to get a ticker until the 6th (I believe) until my 20 days.

Calgarygirlie ~ I have a son that's 2 1/2 and I just want to hug him even closer. I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you find comfort here in our words and our prayers. (((((((Hugs))))))))

Congrats to all who have passed on the candy! It was hard, but knowing it won't taste as near as thin feels, it seems just a bit easier.
Closed Thread