Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #31  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Yes, Jessica's post is golden!!!! When we were numbed with food that's all we thought of....and for me, I was never satisfied. We still think of food but in a different way. Now I actually feel full and could let 6-8 hours go by without eating altho I don't do it because then I can't get filled. Strange how that happens. Today will be my week 20 WI...will I make it past the 60 lbs. which was my original goal? We'll see, all I do know is that I'm a happier person than I have been for a long time. Yesterday I had several NSV's thrown my way along with a couple of scale related. People I've never met have suddenly gone out of their way to tell me how nice I look, etc so I can only believe the happiness light inside me is showing me to the world in a new light. I owe it to IP, WF's and this site.....couldn't have done it without you.

Marilyn
Old 10-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You are on the doorstop of a momentous personal achievement. I don't think you'd be human if you didn't approach it with some trepidation. Bur what a unique event. Through the eyes of us from the outside it seems incredibly important and we can only shower you with admiration -- whether you make the goal tomorrow or next week. In the great scheme of things, Rosemary, you'll go down in the annals of Ideal Protein as one of its major successes.
Well said Lindy! and I absolutely agree. No matter what the scale spits out tomorrow, you're a winner Rosemary! You've been true to yourself and the protocol. You're going to make it to your goal no matter what the # says tomorrow. You know the dorky saying, "keep your eye on the prize." This is a long term - LIFE LONG commitment we make to and for ourselves. You don't have to weigh tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day. The other day you posted such a wonderful comment on the line of if you follow the protocol you will reach your goal in the end. Having a read out number from a scale won't change the final outcome. Yes, scales have the opportunity to inspire and keep us motivated. BUT they can also derail us and cause ssssooooooooo much stress. Take time tonight to think about what's important to you: reaching the short term 100 pound goal, or the final overall goal? No matter what you decide, just know you are doing EVERYTHING correct. You're believing in yourself AND in your body. That my friend is worth so much more than a number on the scale.

This past week there's been A LOT of talk about disappointment over weigh in numbers. The scale is such a contradictory tool - helpful, but yet so potentially damaging to our self esteem. In my journey I've definitely battled with the scale. After my last weigh in for the Halloween challenge I put the scale back into the cabinet. I was getting too stressed over such a stupid number. I haven't weighed myself since then and have been back to feeling "normal". As many of you may recall, I've been struggling with deciding when to move into phase 2. I've been waiting for the "ah hah" moment of knowing I'm "there." But, trying to figure out, what "there" means is... difficult to put into words/difficult to wrap my heart/sole/brain around. This past week of not weighing is helping. I'm becoming comfortable with my body as it is and not focusing upon how it should be. Or what weight/number I'm at. Or what my ideal body image is. Even as I type this, I'm realizing (or starting to make the mental connection) that body image and self worth are not AND should not be tied together.

Okay, enough self rambling. But I will put the challenge out there to those struggling with the scale: put the scale away. Yep, just put it away. Trust in your body and in yourself. Follow the protocol and believe that when given time, your body is going to do exactly what it needs to do and do it when it needs to (meaning lose pound wise or inches). When you go in for your weekly weigh in, turn your back on the scale and don't look. Tell your coach you believe in your body and don't want/need to know the number. They'll record it, it'll be there, but just let the number be simply a number which doesn't have an impact on where you are today, or tomorrow or next week. Honestly, if a coworker or friend asks for my advance this will be at the top of my list: if you know you want to lose weight and realize it's going to take months and months - commit to the journey WITHOUT using a scale.

Okay ladies and gentlemen... I've gotta get back to earning my living.

Thanks for letting me "think out loud."

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 10-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #33  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
before we hit the road and then just winging dinner.
Wrong. No winging it, please. Please. Celery travels well, especially if you have a small refrigerator in you room. In fact, most raw vegetables travel well. And there's always the cooler with ice packs for plain chicken fingers, etc. Try wrapping celery with smoked salmon, and try to keep everyone else's fingers off of it.

There was a very sensible discussion of planning yesterday. Honestly, planning is so incredibly important. And it will give you confidence -- something that can stop food pushers in their tracks.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #34  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

been very busy, but still tried to keep up with daily chats. SO glad I didn't miss JessicaCourez's fantastic musings about what she has learned. I agree with Journeysend about printing it out to read each day and I agree with Traveling Stitcher that it deserves a sticky of its own!
Linden, that was a very supportive message you sent to Rosemary. to both of you!

TenneeseeLeigh, you may find other posts from folks who at first find a particular IP packet really bad, but then your "taste" changes and sometimes what was bad becomes more palatable. That happened for me with the soups and omelet; hated them at first. I have also read this week people talking about preparation of the different packets. I have discovered, for me, except for the ready to drink, I use my stick or immersion blender for everything. My blender bottle doesn't do as good a job smoothing out the little protein floaties. They really bother me, so I whir everything smooth and I use more water than any packet calls for. Before I stick the blender in the powder and water, I stir the combo into a lumpy mix with a table knife so powder doesn't go flying when I start blending. I'm also anal about wasting anything, so I put a little water into the foil packet after I dumped out the powder (to get every drop I can!) and then I also dribble some water on the stick blender after the whirring to try to get most of the drink or soup off of the metal. I want it all!! This may seem like a lot of prep, but I enjoy the packets so much more when prepared this way.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Having lunch and tried something new for me...the chili on a salad...OH YEA!!! It is awesome...like taco salad!! It is the little things that make me so happy lol Everyone have a super day!!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Good morning!!

I was wondering....Is anyone else having "zit" issues??

I am on week 3 and I have never had pimple's like this since my teens (over 20 years ago). Anyone else experience this?

Lisa
check out a thread from yesterday that says "my skin is the ****s" good info
Old 10-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Linden - you are totally right. I think I was setting myself up for failure. I think I will go ahead and pack my own grilled chicken salad for dinner and just pass on whatever restaurant everyone goes to. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #38  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Linden - you are totally right. I think I was setting myself up for failure. I think I will go ahead and pack my own grilled chicken salad for dinner and just pass on whatever restaurant everyone goes to. Thanks for the encouragement!
Yum. That sounds delicious -- better than you can get in most restaurants, too.

My very best friends spend half the year in New York City and just returned yesterday. We're planning lunch out -- my first excursion to a restaurant in 18 weeks. Mixed feelings in spades.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #39  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday everyone! Thank you to everyone who responded to my query yesterday. I know I'm doing great but a look from outside sometimes puts things into better perspective. I'm considering taking some photos of myself so that I can compare where I am (at 1/2 way) to where I was. When I look in the mirror I tend to focus on what I want to lose instead of what I have lost. Do others?

Pegsi Your story brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you to have found that connection with your husband again! I had a similar experience yesterday when my husband cupped my face in his hands and told me he was amazed at how much my face has changed. For someone who sees you everyday to really look at you and love what he sees is such a good feeling.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #40  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Weird NSV to share, I noticed the other day that when I interlaced my fingers I could actually feel the bones in each finger! lol I didn't realize I had lost that until I had it back!

Weird or what!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 295/255/210

Height: 6'4''

Thanks everyone for the responses yesterday about Horseradish. It is something I like but am going to hold off on using it for awhile.

My next question is about exercise. How much excercise should one be doing on the IP Diet? How much is too much? I am not impressed with the coach at the clinic, they seemed more interested in taking measurements and getting me my food then taking time to anwser the questions. That is why I am enjoying this forum.

Thanks

Eric
Old 10-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default dinner guests

I am having friends over tomorrow night for chili. I am going shopping today to get the goodies for it. I know no beans on IP but hambuger is ok and the chili powder but the "sauce" I will read labels in the aisles again haha I think the manager at the store thinks I am a loon. Reading all the labels and talking to myself....."no not this one hhmm maybe this one" haha. I am thinking perhaps tomato paste instead of tomato sauce because of the sugar. IF that is still too much sugar then I will have IP chili. With chopped onion and no cheese *sniff sniff* but hey I have a plan!! yay
Old 10-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
Happy Friday to all!

Kids have been having Halloween parties etc all week. I am not tempted at all by all the candy and chocolate.....sure is nice. I don't crave sweets at all.
Awesome CHAN3!! Did you used to have sweet cravings before IP?? I still do and I hope it goes away soon!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #44  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am having friends over tomorrow night for chili. I am going shopping today to get the goodies for it. I know no beans on IP but hambuger is ok and the chili powder but the "sauce" I will read labels in the aisles again haha I think the manager at the store thinks I am a loon. Reading all the labels and talking to myself....."no not this one hhmm maybe this one" haha. I am thinking perhaps tomato paste instead of tomato sauce because of the sugar. IF that is still too much sugar then I will have IP chili. With chopped onion and no cheese *sniff sniff* but hey I have a plan!! yay
Just a suggestion, but why not make regular chili for everyone and the IP chili for you and no one has to know. I don't think any sauces are acceptable.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Hi All!

I just finished my exams and broke down last night - had a big cheat on chips and cookies (umm old study habits). Nevertheless, weighed in today and lost 5 more pounds! But still I'm not drinking enough water and not taking enough salt. I need to be more strict this week and do this diet properly. I try to compare but all of your stats show lovely inches being lost. I lost 0 inches this week. Anyways I am happy...I just am so anxious to get to my smaller weight that I can't get excited yet. Last year this time I was 220...but 240 today..I'll take it.
I cannot exercise yet but am itching...itching to go cardio combat kickboxing tomorrow...or spinning argh I need to work out! My couch says my lean muscle is not stable as yet so no exercise. I just have a stressful life so I can't take the stress out on food and can't work out. How do you all handle your stress? I am an emotional eater so this is hard for me bigtime.

20lbs in 3 weeks...yay!
Closed Thread