Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I did IP from Jan- May. My hair stopped falling out end of June but had slowed down considerably. Then in about mid July I saw all these short fuzziness when I held my hair flat against my head. But Sept it was filled in where it was getting real thin. I almost had a receding hair line. My trick was wearing thick bandanas to hide it. Gave me a sexy gypsy look for a bit. Lol.
The hair loss SUCKED! It was HORRIBLE... A nightmare actually. But it did come back. I have a feeling it may happen again but at least I am confident now that it is just a temporary evil.
I am hoping to start seeing new hair grow soon, this is a real bummer
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #47  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Mine has been coming out a lot lately. Started slowly in the last couple weeks, but now it is A LOT! Maybe I will go get some layers put in so it wont be noticeable.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #48  

So this weekend I really looked at my hair and OMG I seriously look like a cancer patient, it is balding in the front. I did see NEW hair though starting to poke through, I just hope that it will grow back in nice and full so I don't have to keep masking my thinning hair. This is seriously very depressing, but almost to phase four hoping that will help out with the lack of hair.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #49  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
So this weekend I really looked at my hair and OMG I seriously look like a cancer patient, it is balding in the front. I did see NEW hair though starting to poke through, I just hope that it will grow back in nice and full so I don't have to keep masking my thinning hair. This is seriously very depressing, but almost to phase four hoping that will help out with the lack of hair.
I hear you, my hair is still coming out quite a bit, but I just started P4 yesterday so am hoping to see an end to exodus. I have upped my Biotin, I don't think I was taking enough and crossing my fingers that it starts growing in soon. I can see the pink of my scalp no matter how I do it now. Just keep reminding myself it is temporary and hope that people are so blinded by my new shape that they don't look at my hair! Thinking I need to wear a hat to the airport to pick up my hubby!
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #50  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Rapid weight loss, low calories, and low fat on any just about any diet/plan will cause hair loss. However, its temporary! Make sure you are getting your 2 tsp of olive oil a day.

I personally would gladly give up some hair for the chance to lose 100 pounds of fat. Esp knowing the hair loss is temporary.

Biotin supplements (and perhaps biotin shampoo) as been reported to help some.

I view it as just part of the deal.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I am going to freak out if I start losing hair!

My hair is the only thing that makes me slightly attractive, and if that is gone...wow, I will not leave the house!
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
I hear you, my hair is still coming out quite a bit, but I just started P4 yesterday so am hoping to see an end to exodus. I have upped my Biotin, I don't think I was taking enough and crossing my fingers that it starts growing in soon. I can see the pink of my scalp no matter how I do it now. Just keep reminding myself it is temporary and hope that people are so blinded by my new shape that they don't look at my hair! Thinking I need to wear a hat to the airport to pick up my hubby!
Definitely look into getting Toppik if it wasn't for that stuff I probably wouldn't leave my house. I start phase four on Wednesday and have been taking more Biotin as well. Here is for hoping
Old 10-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I am going to freak out if I start losing hair!

My hair is the only thing that makes me slightly attractive, and if that is gone...wow, I will not leave the house!
That is the stage I am, I bought stuff to mask the balding and even bought a few hats, I worked in a professional office with only a few people so it is not too bad, besides work and the gym I don't really go any where else. I really noticed it this weekend looking in the mirror and seeing how my hair line has moved back and I have balding spots.

I just hope other people read this and prepare for it, yes losing weight was nice but I wish I was told about the hair loss at the beginning so I could have been proactive.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #54  
maintaining since 9/2013

I've also experienced hair loss about the 6-7th month into Phase One. It's still falling out a little 3 months into maintenance. I'm not sure that I could have prevented it except maybe be more diligent with the olive oil daily rqmt. Still, I wish my coach had mentioned it. My hair stylist said to expect it because of the physiological shock to the body of rapid weight loss. If it's due to release of androgenic hormones from fat-burning, I'm thankful I'm not growing a beard!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #55  

Height: 6'

My hair loss has finally slowed down but I have been maintaining for a few months, going between Phase 1 and 2. The new hair that is growing back in is all grey. The entire area around my face is all grey. Yikes. I have had grey hair for about 10 years but can mask fairly well with my curls and highlights. This new hair is not so easy to cover so either I will need to embrace it or begin overall color and then highlights. I'm hoping it doesn't begin falling out again since I'm trying to get back to strict phase 1 - not being so successful with that I might add : (
tallgirl231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #56  
Third time's the charm!

Mine is still coming out like mad!! I got it cut a couple weeks ago and put some layers in it, so it still looks ok, but man is it ever thin! Hope it stops soon!!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Mine is still coming out like mad!! I got it cut a couple weeks ago and put some layers in it, so it still looks ok, but man is it ever thin! Hope it stops soon!!
I have noticed mine too lately - even with the biotine - but it is longer and dark so always looks like more

I did tell my best friend if it gets too think looking to let me know and I will get some cute lil haircut
(especially now that my face isnt so fat!!)
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #58  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Unfortunately I am having to join this hair loss club! After about 3 1/2 months of IP mine is starting to fall out at an alarming rate. I'm off to go look for some of the supplements you all have suggested and hope that helps some. I have about 3-4 months to go, at least, to get to my goal so that's potentially a lot more hair to lose along with the pounds. Scary!
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #59  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Mine is still falling out, but has slowed a lot. I don't really think the Biotin helped, but I take it anyway. I think it is beneficial for other things. I am so lucky I started with long, thick hair!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #60  
Third time's the charm!

I hope that when my hair starts to re-grow it doesn't end up looking like a mullet!