3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Hair Loss

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

So I went to Sally's beauty supply store yesterday and bought some Ion shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment for thinning and fine hair, must say my hair feels much better after washing it today. I also bought some hairspray for thinning hair and some other treatments.

I went ahead and bought some Toppik to see how that works as well, it is the color you sprinkle on your hair to make it look fuller and not so thin, hoping to try it out tomorrow....
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
PrettyMom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 342

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
So I went to Sally's beauty supply store yesterday and bought some Ion shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment for thinning and fine hair, must say my hair feels much better after washing it today. I also bought some hairspray for thinning hair and some other treatments.

I went ahead and bought some Toppik to see how that works as well, it is the color you sprinkle on your hair to make it look fuller and not so thin, hoping to try it out tomorrow....
Please let us know what if the products work, I'm in desperate need of something to hide my balding head.
__________________
PrettyMom09

PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 12

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
My situation: I have extremely fine hair and lost hair when I developed hypothyroidism. I have been taking this product for 4 weeks -- weeks 14 -18+ -- the time one is most likely to start losing hair. I have NOT lost hair. If anything, it might just be a little fuller. But that could be wishful thinking.
Is this true about weeks 14 - 18? Why?
Katluvsblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

I will keep you informed really hoping the Topik will help hide the scalp!
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #35
Joined IP on 07/15/13
 
Frenchy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Posts: 81

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default

I experienced a hair loss after the first 5 weeks on IP and while it lasted for a while, I am starting now week 13 on Monday and my hair loss is not as dramatic anymore...plus my hair is growing back healthier and stronger. I guess I noticed that when one has longer hair, the hair loss is more noticeable because of the long strands on the hairbrush...

Plus when the body is going through an emotional or physical shock, it is common to see hair loss. The American Hair Loss Council points out that people generally lose about 100 to 125 hairs each day. However, hair loss occurs when hair regrowth does not occur at this same rate. The Mayo Clinic says poor nutrition can be a cause of hair loss, with fad diets often being responsible for iron and protein deficiencies. Hair loss due to dieting can affect both women and men, but healthy eating can prevent the problem.

Include plenty of protein and iron-rich foods in your diet. Diets very low in fats and proteins can cause nutritional deficiencies, which can affect hair growth. Foods that are high in protein are generally excellent sources of iron, zinc and vitamin B6, all nutrients needed for healthy hair. Natural food sources that are high in protein include beef, poultry, fish, milk, cheese, eggs, soy and tofu. Red meat, spinach, egg yolks, kidney beans, shellfish, pork roast, figs, dates and cashews are some foods, which are high in iron.
Also include vitamin E, Omega 3 and salt.

There is also a good article on the following link

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4681047...g-dieting.html

Good luck and have a wonderful IP weekend !!
__________________
Have a great IP day !!



One for every 5ib loss
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #36
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 837

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
I experienced a hair loss after the first 5 weeks on IP and while it lasted for a while, I am starting now week 13 on Monday and my hair loss is not as dramatic anymore...plus my hair is growing back healthier and stronger. I guess I noticed that when one has longer hair, the hair loss is more noticeable because of the long strands on the hairbrush...

Plus when the body is going through an emotional or physical shock, it is common to see hair loss. The American Hair Loss Council points out that people generally lose about 100 to 125 hairs each day. However, hair loss occurs when hair regrowth does not occur at this same rate. The Mayo Clinic says poor nutrition can be a cause of hair loss, with fad diets often being responsible for iron and protein deficiencies. Hair loss due to dieting can affect both women and men, but healthy eating can prevent the problem.

Include plenty of protein and iron-rich foods in your diet. Diets very low in fats and proteins can cause nutritional deficiencies, which can affect hair growth. Foods that are high in protein are generally excellent sources of iron, zinc and vitamin B6, all nutrients needed for healthy hair. Natural food sources that are high in protein include beef, poultry, fish, milk, cheese, eggs, soy and tofu. Red meat, spinach, egg yolks, kidney beans, shellfish, pork roast, figs, dates and cashews are some foods, which are high in iron.
Also include vitamin E, Omega 3 and salt.

There is also a good article on the following link

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4681047...g-dieting.html

Good luck and have a wonderful IP weekend !!
It's ironic that all the things high in iron are what I am eating most of these days, and yet my hair started falling out quite noticeably at about the 3 1/2 to 4 month point. Luckily I have very thick hair, so it is mostly noticeable to me. I started P2 Wednesday and will be in maintenance in a little over 3 weeks, so that should put an end to hair loss. I hope.
__________________

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
It's ironic that all the things high in iron are what I am eating most of these days, and yet my hair started falling out quite noticeably at about the 3 1/2 to 4 month point. Luckily I have very thick hair, so it is mostly noticeable to me. I started P2 Wednesday and will be in maintenance in a little over 3 weeks, so that should put an end to hair loss. I hope.
Mine did!
But now I have to restart because I fell off the wagon this summer!
__________________


B team strong!!!!!!!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
kdspirited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 246

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Default

My hair stopped falling out as well once I went off the diet. I just started back up and taking Silica and Biotin. So far so good.
__________________


Mini Goal 15 lbs by 3/15/14:- Lost 11lbs
Mini Goal 10 lbs by 5/10/14
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

Well I think I will be only doing phase three for one week instead of two because of this problem. My boyfriend keeps telling me as I am on verge of tears that is will grow back, but sorry I am not wanting to go bald. I already had thin, fine hair and seeing it fall out is miserable. It doesn't seem to be slowing down either so I think my only choice is to phase off and start the next step so my hair can grow back.
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
Well I think I will be only doing phase three for one week instead of two because of this problem. My boyfriend keeps telling me as I am on verge of tears that is will grow back, but sorry I am not wanting to go bald. I already had thin, fine hair and seeing it fall out is miserable. It doesn't seem to be slowing down either so I think my only choice is to phase off and start the next step so my hair can grow back.
Oh I am so sorry! I know how terrible it feels. I was sick about it too. But honestly mine did come back. I can't believe it but it is there! Chin up pretty lady!
How long have you been on IP?
__________________


B team strong!!!!!!!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
Oh I am so sorry! I know how terrible it feels. I was sick about it too. But honestly mine did come back. I can't believe it but it is there! Chin up pretty lady!
How long have you been on IP?
I have been IP since May 6th, how long before you started noticing the hair coming back?
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
It's ironic that all the things high in iron are what I am eating most of these days, and yet my hair started falling out quite noticeably at about the 3 1/2 to 4 month point. Luckily I have very thick hair, so it is mostly noticeable to me. I started P2 Wednesday and will be in maintenance in a little over 3 weeks, so that should put an end to hair loss. I hope.
I have been taking iron supplements for six months or more now.
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
cassieleeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Milwaukie Oregon
Posts: 142

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Default

Ok a little update on this hair loss, it is still coming out and I am freaking out even more. I started phasing off instead of doing two weeks of phase three I will only be doing one. My coach agreed to this due to the hair loss not stopping. I would be fine if it would stop coming out and I just deal with the loss but its still coming out, sometimes even worse than before. I am still taking the biotin, my coach asked IP and they recommended Anti-Oxy which I started but read that melatonin has a lot of antioxidants and I have been taking those every night for over a year.

I am using the Toppik, which disguises the scalp but doesn't make your hair grow. I am using special shampoo and conditioner which makes it feel more volumized but still falling out.

I am really at a loss what to do next, my boyfriend keeps telling me just give it time so that is what I am doing. I bought a few hats just incase it comes to that but I hope phasing off will help and in six months I will have beautiful hair again, just don't know if I will make it that long without freaking out even more.

Ok rant over...
__________________
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
PrettyMom09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 342

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Default

Thanks for the update. I hope things improve soon. I will be buying Toppik in the next few days, my hair is really thinning out.
__________________
PrettyMom09

PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 284

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
I have been IP since May 6th, how long before you started noticing the hair coming back?
I did IP from Jan- May. My hair stopped falling out end of June but had slowed down considerably. Then in about mid July I saw all these short fuzziness when I held my hair flat against my head. But Sept it was filled in where it was getting real thin. I almost had a receding hair line. My trick was wearing thick bandanas to hide it. Gave me a sexy gypsy look for a bit. Lol.
The hair loss SUCKED! It was HORRIBLE... A nightmare actually. But it did come back. I have a feeling it may happen again but at least I am confident now that it is just a temporary evil.
__________________


B team strong!!!!!!!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Medifast and hair loss Stormcrazie Medifast 31 01-26-2011 05:57 AM
Major Hair Loss Mylifeinthemovie Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions 18 07-21-2008 03:52 PM
Before and after wls pictures, and hair loss update. My4Monkeys Weight Loss Surgery 11 03-02-2008 09:15 PM
Hair loss? Deelighted4Ever Living Maintenance 21 08-23-2004 01:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2