Old 09-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I have hesitated to mention this, even if I received the advice from a licensed source. This is what he recommends, strongly, for cancer patients who have lost most or all of their hair. And he has seen remarkably good, and quick, results.

My situation: I have extremely fine hair and lost hair when I developed hypothyroidism. I have been taking this product for 4 weeks -- weeks 14 -18+ -- the time one is most likely to start losing hair. I have NOT lost hair. If anything, it might just be a little fuller. But that could be wishful thinking.

The product is Inositol Capulets, 500 mg, produced by Now Foods. Recommendation: 2 tablets, 1-3 times a day. A b-vitamin complex. I take 2 in the morning.

I hope this helps someone. It is not a recommendation, just a recounting of my personal experience.

Are you still taking this? Did it continue to grow?
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi I had so much hair loss that I the front of my scalp is almost starting to show. I had to stop for 6 months and in that time I took tons of biotin. My hair stopped falling out. I have been on IP again for two weeks and so far so good. I will see how it fairs out in the next month or so. Also I was told by my doctor to use ROgain. But I heard it has some serious side affects
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

I am returning to IP after being off for 6 months. I experienced hair loss after 2 1/2 months. My hair thinned ALOT! Luckily I have thick hair but I tell you, I was SICK about it. Since being off my hair is growing back. I am DREADING hair loss again... I took Biotin, extra B vitamins, omegas... Still lost hair. I really think people should be made aware of the side effect of the diet do they are not as sick about it as I was. I bawled my eyes out over it. But I am back.
Rogain? I dunno... Will have to look into that a little more before I jump on ship with that stuff!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #19  

Well I am starting to get really scared here, I have lost so much hair. I have short hair as it is a bob cut, and it has always been think. The last month or so it just keeps coming out. I am taking the Biotin, Insoloin, Omega 3,6,9 and it seems to have slowed down a bit but its still coming out. I can see my scalp and I am not sure what to do. I am only 30 I don't want to lose all my hair. I started phase 2 yesterday so hopefully phasing off the diet helps if not anyone have any recommendations on what I can do????????????
Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #20  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wow. I started this thread my first time on IP! lol Many moons ago!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Wow. I started this thread my first time on IP! lol Many moons ago!
Well I honestly think that having my hair falling out was THE WORST part of the diet! Some people said they would rather be bald than fat. Not me!!! Sorry but not me. I am reassured, however, that it didn't get any worse after I quit the diet. I just wish there was something you could do to prevent this. I have looked into Rogaine and I am not using it. As a nurse I tend to really look at stuff like that and I am not a fan! Hair falling out is actually a side effect of it. Lol. Not saying it doesn't work, but just not the action I wanna take. I didn't lose weight SUPER fast the first go round... 7 lbs the first week and 4 the next but then only 1-2 a week after that. I have lost weight quicker than that in the past and never lost hair like that. Lol. But... That being said I did lose a lot before I left my 1st husband. And after childbirth but my hair got really thick during pregnancy.
Whadda ya do?
Old 10-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #22  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have noticed that it is starting to come out again, but not as fast as it was before. I literally clogged the drain in the shower every week when I did IP before. Now I make sure to brush my hair before showering so it all just gets caught in the brush. I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did last time, because it was a LOT! That was also around the time I stopped IP as well. Had me worried. But at least now I know that it is just temporary!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-03-2013 at 01:31 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/148/150

Height: 5'6

I asked my coach about this and she advised me to have a soft-boiled or poached egg a day (make sure the yolk is runny). This is in addition to the regular amount of protein. She also recommended an herbal supplement for hair, skin and nails. I think it has made an improvement. I've only been doing it a week or so and I have not noticed a stall in weight loss, but my hair seems to be staying put!
SummerJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerJane View Post
I asked my coach about this and she advised me to have a soft-boiled or poached egg a day (make sure the yolk is runny). This is in addition to the regular amount of protein. She also recommended an herbal supplement for hair, skin and nails. I think it has made an improvement. I've only been doing it a week or so and I have not noticed a stall in weight loss, but my hair seems to be staying put!
I can do the egg thing although I HATE runny yolks. But better than chemicals!
My hair didn't start falling out until about 8 weeks on IP... Just sayin'
Old 10-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #25  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

This is scary! I'm 5 1/2 wks in, and not seeing this yet, but I don't have any hair to spare!! I did IP 2 yrs ago for 2 months, and began seeing some hair loss right before I quit IP to go on vacation. This time I am taking biotin every day. No hair loss yet, but it is unbelievably shiny and full looking, and my fingernails have never been so long! I have weak nails and can never grow them, but they are crazy long and strong right now.

Still, I look down in the shower every day in fear that my hair will start falling out, yikes ......
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerJane View Post
I can do the egg thing although I HATE runny yolks. But better than chemicals!
My hair didn't start falling out until about 8 weeks on IP... Just sayin'
Old 10-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #27  

I have been reading up on remedies and looks like you can buy a powder to blend in with your hair so it is not so noticeable. I don't know if I am desperate enough to go there yet, but soon I will be.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I suspect the hair loss is due to downregulation of sex and thyroid hormone action. This occurs on many very low carb diets because carbs are necessary for the generation of active thyroid hormone and the production of sex hormones. An egg won't help there.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
I suspect the hair loss is due to downregulation of sex and thyroid hormone action. This occurs on many very low carb diets because carbs are necessary for the generation of active thyroid hormone and the production of sex hormones. An egg won't help there.
That is true but I have now also read that supplementing with a little extra protein is beneficial. New hair will come in nicer because it is high in keratin and protein.
I was sure I was hypothyroid lady time I was on but my bloodworm showed otherwise. This diet messed with my TOM as well... I completely missed one month... That never happens with me
They say that fat releases estrogen so when we lose fat we free up with lots of extra... I believe that.
I dunno... I just don't like it. I tried all the vitamins, herbs, supplements and have decided that if it happens again then I have to deal with it...
Sigh
Old 10-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #30  

BTW LOLO70.... Fantastic weight loss!
Wow!
Crazy good!