Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #61  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi everyone,
keep on truckin!! I am loosing weight as I type, I type slowly so I should do pretty good tonight. LOL. I am proud of each of you. I know there are a lot of folks out there who don't share their accomplishments, I am proud of you too. I'm looking for the 120's. It has been about 10 years since I weighed 120 pounds. Seems like it has been longer, seems like I have been over weight for ever. I am enjoying shopping and going through my closets finding clothes I can wear. I am so glad I kept some nice winter clothes in small sizes. Well, everything is great tonight. Judy
Old 10-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #62  

Almost to my 3rd weigh in on Wednesday. Lost 10#'s so far with a minor slip up yesterday! Heck it's Monday, I've got my focus back and my eye on the prize of being thin! Good job everyone and thanks for the recipe organization , that is awesome and takes time! Thank you thank you. I'm starting to get bored so I need to USE those recipes more!

Good luck this week everyone
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

I have survived my 2nd day on IP! Woohoo have not cheated once, but I have been hungry at times with a little bit of a headache.

Linden I agree I would be mad too. Thank goodness you saved your dog!

Carla thank you for taking the time and effort to reorganize the recipes. I'm going to need them with all these vegetables we have to eat.

Happy Monday All!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 195.5/173.2/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Monday Morning Happiness

I just want to say thanks to everyone for all of the encouraging words they post in this forum. I was feeling a little weak Friday afternoon (I'm just starting week 3 today) and read through the posts before starting the weekend. I honestly think if I hadn't read through the forum that afternoon that I might have had a huge cheat weekend. Instead, I woke up this morning 3 pounds lighter than I was on Friday You all are the best!

Have a wonderful and successful IP week!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I know that talking about bra sizes is not lady like, but I have to share what I think is a great NSV for me. I bought a new bra and I have gone down 4 cup sizes. YEAAAA!
good for you! I personally would be devistated if I went down 4 cup sizes, might I add that would mean I would have indents in my chest. haha
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #66  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Funny story for the day - last night I dreamed that I gained 8 pounds overnight. No idea how I could gain that much. :-) Got on the scale this morning and I was down 2 pounds from yesterday.

I'd love to go down 4 cup sizes. At least 3. But they'd still be saggy. :-)
Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

About the pudding and the shaker. When I started at IP, I got the shaker with the wire ball in my starter kit. It has the Ideal Protein logo on it. I thought everybody got these. I used to make my pudding in that but now I make my pudding in the Magic Bullet ( it's a little blender type machine that comes with individual cups that you make your pudding in) it comes out fantastic. I add ice and WF choc dip into the choc pudding. In the butterscotch one I put the WF carmel syrup and marshmellow dip in. Comes out kinda of like creamy ice cream just not quite as thick. yummy
Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

I have a nieve question. How do you PM somone?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #69  

Default Dealing with Non-dieting Partner

New to the diet and finding it very hard. I've always been a microwave meal, pizza and fast food eater (along with my bf). He's still ordering pizzas, munching on chips, eating ice cream and chocolate... etc. I still feel so hungry all the time and watching him is starting to drive me crazy! Other than going into a different room, any suggestions on dealing with his food?

Side note: While he won't eat change his diet or even touch a veggie... watching me has gotten him to switch from drinking sodas at work to drinking water! And I never once even suggested it!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:37 AM   #70  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Interesting article in The Atlantic about medical research:
Interesting? Interesting! I found it scary as h-ll.

I say this, blithely, knowing practically no one will actually see it. But I owe you, and the whole gang, an apology. I had a doctor's appointment early today to undo some pit bull damage. One oxicodone later and I'm really just surfacing. I'm sorry I forgot to close the thread.

(And so much for reducing pain killers. Ha.)
Old 10-19-2010, 02:46 AM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I would suggest you start right now with tapering off all sugar, and cutting back on caffeine, etc. And don't give yourself a last "blowout" weekend of gorging on carbs (can you tell this is the painful voice of experience?)..

Once you begin IP, the first thing that happens is your body has to "flip" into ketosis. This will only happen once you have burned through your glycogen stores.

So if you can start lowering your carb intake now, it will make you go into ketosis A LOT faster. If you are a big sugar eater, then trying to get into ketosis, change your eating habits AND live through getting off sugar addiction all at the same time is pretty miserable. So if you can get the sugar out of your life this week you will feel much better much more quickly once you start IP.

And start now upping your water intake. You want to start flushing out your body and this will help.

If you can, go through your cupboards and box up all the foods you will not be eating on IP and take them to a food bank or throw them away. Get them out of sight or out of the house. Clean out your refrigerator and make room for a LOT of vegetables--you'll need it. Buy a salad spinner if you don't have one.

Start reading the recipe threads and planning what you will eat for dinner the first week, and what groceries you need. And how you will make that dinner (and all your future meals) work for you and anyone else you might be cooking for. (my DH and I would have an on plan meal and I would make rice or pasta or potatoes for our daughter, since she is dancing at an arts school about 5 hours/day and needs carbs.) Be sure to look for salad dressing recipes, you will need them!

TAKE A BEFORE PHOTO, or a bunch of them. I never did and I really wish I had. I was so distressed by how bad I looked I had not let anyone take a photo of me for a long time and I was not confident enough to believe I was going to succeed so I did not do it. wish I had!

GOOD LUCK! (and btw: since you are already thinking/working this out a week before you start, you have a great attitude...making IP work is ALL about planning ahead, so you've got a good start!)
This post ought to go right into the info for newbies sticky. What a job!

Last edited by Linden; 10-19-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:47 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

First, I need to say: CARLA, you are a TRUE GODESS for organizing the recipe threads like that. Amazing. We and those who come after us will be eternally GRATEFUL for your contribution! Amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Heads up.

I just came from my clinic and I bought a box of chocolate pudding (my staple night time snack). It was in a different looking box, so I compared labels, and oh boy.

My old box says:

1g fat
10mg cholesterol
160 mg sodium
3g total carbohydrates (with 1g dietary fiber and 0g sugars)
20g protein

The new box says:

.5g fat
15mg cholesterol
110 mg sodium
290mg potassium (this is new)
7g total carbohydrates (with 2g dietary fiber & 4g sugars)
18g protein

The new chocolate pudding has as many carbs as the chocolate drink! I'm going to take the new box back and exchange for something else.

Does anyone else have any of the "new" boxes? Maybe we need to update the pdf.
You have RUINED my night...seriously. Chocolate pudding is my favorite. Did you open one and taste it? has anyone else?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 AM   #73  

Default Tuesday thread

The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the Tuesday daily chat thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-19-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #74  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Jessica, I didn't open the box and try one. I'm still trying to decide if I should take it back and get something else because I'm not sure I can live without my chocolate pudding (as a shake) in the evenings!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #75  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Jessica, I didn't open the box and try one. I'm still trying to decide if I should take it back and get something else because I'm not sure I can live without my chocolate pudding (as a shake) in the evenings!
Anyone have a good enough relation with Corporate IP to ask someone why they did this?

This unfortunately may have solved my pudding problem. Oh well, the jello is pretty good.
Closed Thread