Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #31  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Okay, after work I am going to meet girlfriends at the new Cracker Barrel that has opened up on our area. What should I order from the fattening menu ?? Certainly, there are some Cracker Barrel fans here ... does Canada have Cracker Barrel?
I've eaten at Cracker Barrel a couple of times while on IP. I usually get the steak with collard greens and green beans with a side salad and I bring my own dressing. I know the veggies aren't prepared ideal, but the main thing they would add is fat and I have had good weight loss the weeks I have eaten there.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #32  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

The steak or the fish really does sound better than just a chicken salad! Thanks guys.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

One milestone hit - 25 pounds lost as of today. 1/3 of the way there. Now I know if I was able to do this 25 pounds, I can do it twice more. Funny how even though it seems so slow (I am definitely a member of the slow losers club), it adds up and here you are! I used to say, long before a friend told me about IP, if a year later I could be at my ideal weight, I'd take it. Well this program will get me there in far less than a year, and the result will be permanent, so I am patient with myself most of the time.

What? You mean I won't have to go on more diets again and again? What's going to happen to the economy of the diet industry with people like us finding the real deal and learning how to maintain our ideal weight for the rest of our lives? OH NO!!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the post-Halloween challenge to see if I can bump myself up into the medium fast losers club for a bit. Traditionally my big eating period has been from Thanksgiving through Easter - all the holidays plus about 10 family birthdays are clustered in there. This year the family is on notice that I am on the program NO MATTER WHAT! And guess what! They are on board with that. So cool.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #34  

Hi everyone! Just popping by to wish everyone a great weekend and encourage you to keep your eye on the prize. I'm in my second week of Phase 4 Maintenance and am still under my goal weight so things are going well!

had a huge NSV last night. It was Parents' Night at my five-year-old son's swimming class and my husband was unable to go because he had tickets to the hockey game. Since I have a major aversion to appearing in public in a bathing suit, my hubby has always taken our son swimming. However, last night I had to step up because my son really wanted me to go in with him. He's been having a rough go at swimming and he really needs the encouragement, so I sucked it up (and in!) and did it...and I survived!! This was a huge deal for me psychologically...I'm so happy that I got through it!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #35  

Hi Everyone

This is my first time posting. I have been on IP for 4 weeks and I was doing very well losing about 3.5lbs a week but this week I have lost nothing and I have done nothing different. Any Ideas?

I started at about 168 and now at 151.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Hello Everyone, I pop in once in awhile as I find all your stories so inspiring. I am still plugging along.
Yesterday my consultant at the gym I go to told me that I have been nominated as a Star Profile Candidate. They will post before and after pictures of me on their website and have some one come in to take professional after shots. They also post a picture of you in the gym and you get a life time free membership. I sent her an email when I got home telling her I did not think I was ready for the exposure as I still have a way to go. She said she knows by the time they take the pictures which is late Nov I will be ready !! Talk about pressure, just typing this I feel sick.
WOW!!! congrats that is AWEOME! What a compliment. Go for it.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #37  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Week 3, down 6 pounds for a total of 21. 1/4 of my goal. I'm surprised how well the diet is working.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharann View Post
Hi Everyone

This is my first time posting. I have been on IP for 4 weeks and I was doing very well losing about 3.5lbs a week but this week I have lost nothing and I have done nothing different. Any Ideas?

This is just my opinion, but I think your body is resting from the tremendous change it has undergone in the last few weeks. That would be quite normal. I think it was Dr. Tran who said the human body is made to gain weight, not lose, so don't underestimate the accomplishment it is to lose 17 pounds in a month!

Also, you have lost 10% of your body weight already! Think about that! Many of the larger losses you see on this board are by people who are starting out at much higher weights.

So congratulate yourself, say thanks to your body, and relax. You will reach your goal!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default body image

As I read through all the wonderful and inspiring posts I have noticed something about myself. Many of you say that even though you are now several sizes smaller than you have, in some cases, ever been you do not see your new self as slim.
I have the opposit problem. I was thin up until about age 35 when I got divorced. I blew up like a balloon! So now 11 years later I am finally ready to take back control of my weight and get back to a healthy weight. When I go clothes shopping or try on a top from my closet and look in the mirror I can not believe I am so fat and have those "lovely" back rolls. Of course it does not help that my boyfriend is an entire foot taller than I and 150+ lbs heavier than I. Being with him makes me feel small, like I used to be, which I am not!
I am in week 2 and loving it. Not a huge loss but a loss is a loss in my book.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedmonstar View Post
I just wanted to say hi, I started IP (on my own due to cost restraints) on Tuesday and I'm already down 4 pounds -it's amazing. I am using Dr. Tran's site and I've poured over this board taking notes for a week before I started the diet and joined the board and got a wealth of information and I thank you all for that.
Congratulations and welcome to IP. I am amazed how well this plan has worked for me. I have loss 26 lbs in 6 wks. Come here often for support, encouragment and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Good morning all. I was just getting ready to order some stuff and am looking for your opinions. Has anyone tried any of the following WF products? I have only tried the ranch and thousand island dressing and I'm not too happy.
-Bacon Ranch or Creamy Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce (hickory smoked)
-Veggie ranch dip
-Raspberry vinegrette
- mayo
-any of the fruit spreads or syrups

Thanks for your input.
The only things I like from WF is the chocolate syrup and carmel dip. The BBQ sauce is ok. Tried a couple of the salad dressings - Ranch and Honey Mustard. Hated them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I had my WI this morning (a couple days later than usual), and was pleased to see that I'm still losing at a good rate.

The closer I get to my goal, the more I think about phasing out and enjoying my new lifestyle. I'm only 36 lbs. from my goal, which I think is great considering I had 160 lbs. to lose. Before I started IP, losing 160 lbs. seemed like an impossible feat, something that was going to take years to achieve. What's funny is that I was introduced to IP completely on a whim while at the doctor's office. Now, 6 months later, I'm almost there and I can practically predict when I will move to Phase 2 and eventually achieve my goal and be in maintenance.

It's been a dramatic change. It's not just fitting into sizes and shopping in places that were completely out of the realm of possibility. It's not just feeling better, aching less, having more energy, and getting more out of life. It's not just the comments, compliments and genuine shock of people who haven't seen me for a while and notice how dramatic the change has been. It's not just walking down the street and not recognizing my shadow, or seeing myself in a photograph and doing a double take. It's really the sum of all of these things, but the accomplishment seems greater than the sum of all of these parts.

Of course, it's not all roses. I mean, I've never had to pee so much in all my life, and I don't know anyone else who uses four different pan sizes and three different cooking methods just to keep an omelet from becoming mundane. And there have been sacrifices that have evolved into a new way of life. The "regular fare" from a previous way of life has transformed from a vision of "occasional fare" on maintenance to "undesireable fare" in my new life. But at the end of the day, it's been and continues to be an amazing and wonderful journey to a glorious destination.
Dave - You are truly an inspiration to all of us.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharann View Post
Hi Everyone

Hi Sharann,

What you're experiencing is perfectly normal. Many on this board have posted about similar experiences. I've gone through it several times: loose pounds for weeks, then nothing shows on the scale despite nothing having changed eating/life wise. BUT the inches have decreased. So... just because the number on the scale hasn't moved, your body is still in fact changing for the better. Continue believing in yourself and trusting in the protocol and your body - it's doing it's thing - and working! Hang in there.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #42  

Thank you for the encouragment!

I do infact feel great. I am amazed at how well the IP program is working for both my husband and myself. I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone who needs to lose a lot of weight or only 20lbs or so.

I just registered to the site but I have been reading since I started a month ago and want to say how thankful I am for everyone's input. I have learned a great deal,
Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #43  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

This is my first week on IP - I am just tired of being fat. I started at 213.2 and 5.5 days after starting the diet (had to start on 10.10.10 :-) ), I'm down 4.8 lbs and 6 inches!

Anybody know how getting sick affects your losses? I've been down with a cold for 3 days and feel like crap (from being sick). I was hoping to be down more weight this week because so many people talk about having amazing first week losses, but I'll take what I have! Am very pleased with myself for saying no to the Reese's peanut butter cups my DH insisted he wanted last night...
Old 10-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #44  

Default Oops, I missed some of my vitamins!

hey everyone,

I have no idea if I am posting where I should or if I am even doing it right. I am on week 3 of IP. So far so good, considering I was sick last week and didn't see the results I was hoping to see. But I have a question, I just realized about 5 minutes ago that I had only been taking 2 cal-mag's per day at dinner. For some reason I always looked right past the after dinner snack section on all the paperwork. So, do you think that missing the 2 extral cal-mags for the past 3 weeks has affected my weight loss?
Old 10-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Hi Medicmom
There are alot of products out there that use splenda or sucralose instead of aspertame unless you are a diet coke drinker you can find alternatives to everything when I need a pop i go for diet orange crush grape crush or cream soda Pepsi makes those diet drinks with splenda (YAY) And instead of crystal light i use Nestea it uses sucralose I like the Citrus tea ones with a bit of lemon juice. Splenda also makes flavours for coffee or you can use stevia which is more natural. Also if you need that occasional cheese fix look in the fancy cheese section at the coop(lol) or Extra foods they should have vegan cheese. Read your labels though and the cheese I would avoid for at least a month it is not on the IP list of allowed so others are going to say NO NO NO you can not have it. But I think if you have to have to then you should be aware of the best alternatives. I am a freak when it comes to finding stuff I can possibly eat. It doesn't mean I will eat them now but I have found some amazing items for life after. Read labels and it will open doors you thought were closed while on this diet.
I have been IP for 2 and a half months and there are times when I just want to eat "normal" again but (to have a cappicinno or a fast easy drive through lunch) but eating "normal" is what made me 50+ lbs. overweight!
I am learning a new normal!
Having a buddy really helps I have my mom and if you need to talk to someone she would be great help since you both live in the same area! Suprise can you figure out who I am LOL!
Fight the good fight!
PHAT not FAT!
Thanks Girl! It's always great to find out about these things!
I always have been a huge label reader, so I challenge this as a game. Oddly enough, just prior to you sending the message, I went across the street and got Veggie Cheese slices and Feta. Not an every day use, or perhaps something for later, it has 0 carbs, 0 sugars, but there are some fat grams.
I have also managed to find Aspartame free gum. Dentyne Ice Cinnamon is Aspartame free. I am sure that Tracy at the grocery store thinks I am a freak, stalking the gum and reading all the packages! LOL!

I am not a coke drinker, and love the idea on the Splenda pop. I knew that, but had forgotten about it. I also drink the PC Choice Sparkling water, it is 0 - 0 - 0 and has no aspartame.

I recently found Snack Time Sugar Free 0 - 0 - 0 jello which made me happy! Just bummed that Jello brand uses only aspartame!

Anywho, back to work for me. Work had been a struggle. It is very difficult to eat salad on the road in my line of work. It is very hard to not just grab a burger to go on the run when you're working. It is VERY hard to eat a lettuce wrap while driving! HA HA HA HA!
Closed Thread