Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #61  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I can only get rhubarb when it's in season locally, possibly canned and sweetened. How do you get rhubarb at this time of year?
Well, there are really no seasons to speak of here. On the otherhand, not mch rhubarb is grown. When I could get if fresh, I froze a lot in 1/2 C portions. BUT, I can also get it frozen. Stahlbush Island Farms, Corvallis, Oregon 97333; [email protected]. Quite good and unsweetened.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #62  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, there are really no seasons to speak of here. On the otherhand, not mch rhubarb is grown. When I could get if fresh, I froze a lot in 1/2 C portions. BUT, I can also get it frozen. Stahlbush Island Farms, Corvallis, Oregon 97333; [email protected]. Quite good and unsweetened.
We have frozen rhubarb in the "fancier" grocery store in town.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:20 AM   #63  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
: I went fully bootcamp, the way ShrinkingSusie described it a couple of weeks ago -- 5 protein shakes per day (2 of them substituting for the lean meat for supper).. so far, so good... not sure I can keep this up for more than a week, but it's kinda nice to not have to cook... I could get spoiled... :
I'd be curious to hear how that goes. My DH is leaving on Sunday for 2 weeks, and I am due to head back into bootcamp while he is gone. quite honestly? the idea of not cooking/shopping/prepping/cleaning is DARN appealing (we share it when he's here, so I don't want to do it alone). So, maybe this is the jump start I need. Keep us posted, ok??

And in addition to being the IP Poster Boy, I say we nominate Salesgod as the most self-actualized man we have ever encountered. Gotta say, I love your attitude, love your writing and love your ability to call a spade a spade. Where were you when we were all trying to find a "real man" darn it!

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 10-16-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:04 AM   #64  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good evening everyone,
I have read this weeks posts. New people on IP, new posters to this forum and sad to say some will be leaving. I am proud for all those who have met their goal and it is time to move on. I know we have to accept changes in our lives. We will miss those who have given so much of themselves to all of us.
I am doing great, enjoying my smaller body. Have a great weekend. Judy
Old 10-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #65  

Smile Rhubarb

Thanks for the tips on rhubarb. I may have to check one or two of the fancier grocery stores in town.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-16-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #66  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharann View Post
Hi Everyone

This is my first time posting. I have been on IP for 4 weeks and I was doing very well losing about 3.5lbs a week but this week I have lost nothing and I have done nothing different. Any Ideas?

I started at about 168 and now at 151.

I am not sure how tall you are or what size you wear. But maybe your body is close to where it wants to be. You have lost 17 pounds in a month, which is great for someone as small as you.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #67  

Exclamation Friday's over -- almost everywhere in the world!

It's the weekend!

The new weekend thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new chat thread for the weekend.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #68  

Default Confused and in need of help

I realize this site seems to mainly for women but I've looked alot of places on advice for the IP diet and I kept coming back to here looking for recipes, advice and have found tremendous inspiration from people doing amazing things.

I am a former college football player, I played linebacker at 240 lbs and was proud of all my "beef" I put on during college. The problem I realized soon after my final game was that my "beef" was really jiggly and I didn't want to be that way. I've worked really hard to drop to 195...mainly by consistently trying to limit what I eat as I am out here acting as a geologist on oil rigs (very sedentary work) and by trying to be somewhat active and limit my talent of consuming alcohol.

I'm currently on my 4th day of ideal protein...I've been extremely strict at following the sheets I was given. The problem is I'm ALWAYS hungry. I try to drown it with water, I figure "oh it's the first few days suck it up pansy." I guess I'm just asking for a little advice. I've been in sports my whole life, wrestled 13 years, football for 12 with 5 of those at a college level and pretty much every other sport. So I like to think I know "signs" from my body pretty well, and my stomach is hating me right now but I really wanna lose these last 10 lbs so I'm not so self-concious taking my shirt off and just being more comfortable. I know my 10 lbs is nothing compared to some of the amazing stories I've read on here...I was reluctant to write on here after reading such inspiring stories from some amazingly determined people but it ate at me til I couldn't do any work, especially with all these oil workers setting out HUGE bowls of candy and garlic bread out on the table all day on my 12 hour shift. It's taking everything I have to resist "just one."

It sounds like everyone sees amazing results the first week, I'm really hoping so too. I'm anxiously waiting for "ketosis" breathe and read on another site that sometimes it takes form by leaving the body through urination? I hope that's true because I seriously piss like every 15 minutes.

I've also heard back and forth on coffee...I just do mine straight black, so is it ok to have more than one cup? I read somewhere in here that one person was told all they needed to do was drink a cup of water for each cup of coffee...anyone?

I'm also a little confused on working out while on this diet...I read on one site that it isn't recommended because of the limit of available energy before your body starts eating away muscle and that is the LAST thing I want to happen. So should I skip my every other day "lift" time while strictly following phase-1 of ideal protein?

Thank you to anyone with any help. I hope I don't come off as insensitive because my weight loss goal is much smaller compared to some peoples...some peoples stories have really inspired me on this website, to all of you here is this -----> I'm the pink one hugging you for inspiring me. I don't care if I'm pink, besides pink is sexy and it's breast cancer awareness month
Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead91 View Post
I realize this site seems to mainly for women but I've looked alot of places on advice for the IP diet and I kept coming back to here looking for recipes, advice and have found tremendous inspiration from people doing amazing things.

I am a former college football player, I played linebacker at 240 lbs and was proud of all my "beef" I put on during college. The problem I realized soon after my final game was that my "beef" was really jiggly and I didn't want to be that way. I've worked really hard to drop to 195...mainly by consistently trying to limit what I eat as I am out here acting as a geologist on oil rigs (very sedentary work) and by trying to be somewhat active and limit my talent of consuming alcohol.

I'm currently on my 4th day of ideal protein...I've been extremely strict at following the sheets I was given. The problem is I'm ALWAYS hungry. I try to drown it with water, I figure "oh it's the first few days suck it up pansy." I guess I'm just asking for a little advice. I've been in sports my whole life, wrestled 13 years, football for 12 with 5 of those at a college level and pretty much every other sport. So I like to think I know "signs" from my body pretty well, and my stomach is hating me right now but I really wanna lose these last 10 lbs so I'm not so self-concious taking my shirt off and just being more comfortable. I know my 10 lbs is nothing compared to some of the amazing stories I've read on here...I was reluctant to write on here after reading such inspiring stories from some amazingly determined people but it ate at me til I couldn't do any work, especially with all these oil workers setting out HUGE bowls of candy and garlic bread out on the table all day on my 12 hour shift. It's taking everything I have to resist "just one."

It sounds like everyone sees amazing results the first week, I'm really hoping so too. I'm anxiously waiting for "ketosis" breathe and read on another site that sometimes it takes form by leaving the body through urination? I hope that's true because I seriously piss like every 15 minutes.

I've also heard back and forth on coffee...I just do mine straight black, so is it ok to have more than one cup? I read somewhere in here that one person was told all they needed to do was drink a cup of water for each cup of coffee...anyone?

I'm also a little confused on working out while on this diet...I read on one site that it isn't recommended because of the limit of available energy before your body starts eating away muscle and that is the LAST thing I want to happen. So should I skip my every other day "lift" time while strictly following phase-1 of ideal protein?

Thank you to anyone with any help. I hope I don't come off as insensitive because my weight loss goal is much smaller compared to some peoples...some peoples stories have really inspired me on this website, to all of you here is this -----> I'm the pink one hugging you for inspiring me. I don't care if I'm pink, besides pink is sexy and it's breast cancer awareness month
Welcome! you might want to copy and paste your message to the thread for the weekend. this is yesterday's thread. YEP a new on everyday. I just happen to see there was a new post, as will others i am sure.
I too am new. Started 11 days ago. I have found everyone is welcome, male female no matter.
Being new I am not the one to give you advise, I'm sure. I will just add what a friend of mine said about working out. My coach is not too helpful, but her coach said not to START and excersize program. Since she was already exercising she continued just not as "vigorous" as she was before for phase 1 and then bumped it back up in phase 2. When I experience hunger I have a cup of hot herbal tea, yes a beer sounds better haha or I find something to do, take a short walk to a project.
I'm sure you will get more ideas from the experienced members.
Keep up the good work.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #70  

Thank You!
Closed Thread