Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #16  
Dave - The Speedo King

I had my WI this morning (a couple days later than usual), and was pleased to see that I'm still losing at a good rate.

The closer I get to my goal, the more I think about phasing out and enjoying my new lifestyle. I'm only 36 lbs. from my goal, which I think is great considering I had 160 lbs. to lose. Before I started IP, losing 160 lbs. seemed like an impossible feat, something that was going to take years to achieve. What's funny is that I was introduced to IP completely on a whim while at the doctor's office. Now, 6 months later, I'm almost there and I can practically predict when I will move to Phase 2 and eventually achieve my goal and be in maintenance.

It's been a dramatic change. It's not just fitting into sizes and shopping in places that were completely out of the realm of possibility. It's not just feeling better, aching less, having more energy, and getting more out of life. It's not just the comments, compliments and genuine shock of people who haven't seen me for a while and notice how dramatic the change has been. It's not just walking down the street and not recognizing my shadow, or seeing myself in a photograph and doing a double take. It's really the sum of all of these things, but the accomplishment seems greater than the sum of all of these parts.

Of course, it's not all roses. I mean, I've never had to pee so much in all my life, and I don't know anyone else who uses four different pan sizes and three different cooking methods just to keep an omelet from becoming mundane. And there have been sacrifices that have evolved into a new way of life. The "regular fare" from a previous way of life has transformed from a vision of "occasional fare" on maintenance to "undesireable fare" in my new life. But at the end of the day, it's been and continues to be an amazing and wonderful journey to a glorious destination.

Last edited by salesgod; 10-15-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning All!

Well, I had WI#2, and was a little disappointed, but then remember, I had an exceptionally high first week loss.

Down 3 pounds, and 5 inches! I am happy and am hoping to be in the 160's next WI. Once I get to the 160's, I should be able to start getting into some of my clothes.

Carla, what can you tell me about aspartame and its effects on this diet? I have researched what aspartame does, am just unclear to its effects?

I don't use a lot of aspartame, but do have some in a day, am always searching for something different, but its tough.

I am also still feeling very hungry between lunch and supper.

I bought some Ketostix, and its showing trace amounts, so that is good, I haven't fallen off then? LOL

Have a great day everyone (I stopped using ladies when I noticed the man, sorry about that Dave)
Hi Medicmom
There are alot of products out there that use splenda or sucralose instead of aspertame unless you are a diet coke drinker you can find alternatives to everything when I need a pop i go for diet orange crush grape crush or cream soda Pepsi makes those diet drinks with splenda (YAY) And instead of crystal light i use Nestea it uses sucralose I like the Citrus tea ones with a bit of lemon juice. Splenda also makes flavours for coffee or you can use stevia which is more natural. Also if you need that occasional cheese fix look in the fancy cheese section at the coop(lol) or Extra foods they should have vegan cheese. Read your labels though and the cheese I would avoid for at least a month it is not on the IP list of allowed so others are going to say NO NO NO you can not have it. But I think if you have to have to then you should be aware of the best alternatives. I am a freak when it comes to finding stuff I can possibly eat. It doesn't mean I will eat them now but I have found some amazing items for life after. Read labels and it will open doors you thought were closed while on this diet.
I have been IP for 2 and a half months and there are times when I just want to eat "normal" again but (to have a cappicinno or a fast easy drive through lunch) but eating "normal" is what made me 50+ lbs. overweight!
I am learning a new normal!
Having a buddy really helps I have my mom and if you need to talk to someone she would be great help since you both live in the same area! Suprise can you figure out who I am LOL!
Fight the good fight!
PHAT not FAT!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default 26 lbs Gone Forever!!!

I had unofficial WI last night (my coach is out of town), but our scales are about the same. I was down 5.2 lbs - A total of 26 lbs in 6 weeks!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
I had unofficial WI last night (my coach is out of town), but our scales are about the same. I was down 5.2 lbs - A total of 26 lbs in 6 weeks!!!
OK, you have done so well. Passed me by miles. Congrats
Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Good morning all. I was just getting ready to order some stuff and am looking for your opinions. Has anyone tried any of the following WF products? I have only tried the ranch and thousand island dressing and I'm not too happy.
-Bacon Ranch or Creamy Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce (hickory smoked)
-Veggie ranch dip
-Raspberry vinegrette
- mayo
-any of the fruit spreads or syrups

Thanks for your input.
I think the ranch is yukky, but use the thousand island all of the time. I love the raspberry vinaigrette and lots of my non IP friends love it too. I like the regular BBQ sauce on meat in crock pot. I use the choc syrup, choc dip and marshmellow dip with the puddings in my magic bullet with ice to make a ice cream that is fantastic. I looooove the carmel syrup and use in pudding mix the same way.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #21  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Good morning all. I was just getting ready to order some stuff and am looking for your opinions. Has anyone tried any of the following WF products? I have only tried the ranch and thousand island dressing and I'm not too happy.
-Bacon Ranch or Creamy Ranch dressing
- BBQ sauce (hickory smoked)
-Veggie ranch dip
-Raspberry vinegrette
- mayo
-any of the fruit spreads or syrups

Thanks for your input.
I think the bacon ranch is a little sweet. My favorite has been the chipolte ranch--but it is spicy.
I like the BBQ sauce on a burger every once in a while and I did make ribs a few weeks back and enjoyed it with them.
I've barely used 2 teaspoons from my jar of mayo but I'm going to try it with a crab salad for this weekend while I'm out of town.
I like the pancake syrup on the crepes and for flavor in the oatmeal or when I cook rhubarb. I've also used the strawberry with rhubarb and it was fine.
Caramel on chocolate pancakes feels decadent, but it doesn't taste like what I was used to for caramel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I had my WI this morning (a couple days later than usual), and was pleased to see that I'm still losing at a good rate.

The closer I get to my goal, the more I think about phasing out and enjoying my new lifestyle. I'm only 36 lbs. from my goal, which I think is great considering I had 160 lbs. to lose. Before I started IP, losing 160 lbs. seemed like an impossible feat, something that was going to take years to achieve. What's funny is that I was introduced to IP completely on a whim while at the doctor's office. Now, 6 months later, I'm almost there and I can practically predict when I will move to Phase 2 and eventually achieve my goal and be in maintenance.

It's been a dramatic change. It's not just fitting into sizes and shopping in places that were completely out of the realm of possibility. It's not just feeling better, aching less, having more energy, and getting more out of life. It's not just the comments, compliments and genuine shock of people who haven't seen me for a while and notice how dramatic the change has been. It's not just walking down the street and not recognizing my shadow, or seeing myself in a photograph and doing a double take. It's really the sum of all of these things, but the accomplishment seems greater than the sum of all of these parts.

Of course, it's not all roses. I mean, I've never had to pee so much in all my life, and I don't know anyone else who uses four different pan sizes and three different cooking methods just to keep an omelet from becoming mundane. And there have been sacrifices that have evolved into a new way of life. The "regular fare" from a previous way of life has transformed from a vision of "occasional fare" on maintenance to "undesireable fare" in my new life. But at the end of the day, it's been and continues to be an amazing and wonderful journey to a glorious destination.
So, that means you have lost 124 pounds in six months! That is just incredible! I've started to think about when I'll phase out, but I've still got about 55 pounds to go so it's going to be awhile. I figure with the holidays it will go by quickly.

I hear you on all the changes. I'm going in for my first private ballroom dance lesson since I started IP and my foot has healed. My husband and I are going to have to work on our "closed frame" position because it just feels really different! I'm looking forward to it!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #22  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Okay, after work I am going to meet girlfriends at the new Cracker Barrel that has opened up on our area. What should I order from the fattening menu ?? Certainly, there are some Cracker Barrel fans here ... does Canada have Cracker Barrel?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Wow! Dave, that is just fabulous! Congratulations! And the fact that you've wrapped your head around the whole lifestyle change is reassuring. I think for many of us that is the biggest concern - can we keep this up after? You really are the poster boy for this program!!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #24  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Okay, after work I am going to meet girlfriends at the new Cracker Barrel that has opened up on our area. What should I order from the fattening menu ?? Certainly, there are some Cracker Barrel fans here ... does Canada have Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel has a low carb diet menu on their website. See it here:

http://crackerbarrel.com/menu-dinner...cfm?doc_id=904

After looking at it, though, I think you're going to have a hard time finding enough non-restricted veggies, especially prepared without fat. The salads look okay, sans cheese, and if you bring in your own dressing.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:

Hi Dave--
What an accomplishment! It sounds like you are starting to see yourself a bit differently.....not the good old fat guy, but a competent, confident guy. (Hope I didn't put the wrong words in your mouth.) I want you to know how much I have appreciated reading your posts. Your humor, wisdom, and experience help all of us.

Deb
Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #26  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Thanks salesgod & sincere congratulations on your success and your drive for success!

I'm so mad they picked this place to meet! But I'm dying to see the girls! It opened 2 weeks ago and I have to exit the freeway and sit right in front of it every single day of the week & have never felt tempted to go in.

Salad & tea for me it is!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Seems like they have both grilled fish and chicken on the menu. Order that, a veggie, a salad. Take your dressing with you. Make sure they know no sauces on the fish or chicken. Of course skip dessert and bread! It actually think it should be quite doable there. Good luck!

OK, just saw Dave's post. Maybe take some cut up veggies with you to put on the salad?

Last edited by Traveling Stitcher; 10-15-2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: wanted to
Old 10-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone, I pop in once in awhile as I find all your stories so inspiring. I am still plugging along.
Yesterday my consultant at the gym I go to told me that I have been nominated as a Star Profile Candidate. They will post before and after pictures of me on their website and have some one come in to take professional after shots. They also post a picture of you in the gym and you get a life time free membership. I sent her an email when I got home telling her I did not think I was ready for the exposure as I still have a way to go. She said she knows by the time they take the pictures which is late Nov I will be ready !! Talk about pressure, just typing this I feel sick.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #29  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Dave- It's not Just your DIET/eating habits that has changed.. it's your attitude about yourself ( self respect enough not to put crap in our bodies) and your whole lifestyle change! YES you should be a poster guy for IP!

( Introducing Speedo Dave as our NEW poster Model for Ideal Protein!!!)

Wishing You Continued Success!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Pretty sure I've officially hit the 200's!!!! I am on my way out of town today, so I'll miss my official weigh in tomorrow, and now have to wait until next Saturday for my official numbers. However, my scale is 2 lbs more than the one at the clinic, and I've hit it at home, so I can celebrate as far as I'm concerned!! GOODBYE FOREVER 300's!!!
Congratulations! What a wonderful milestone! And with IP you can be sure you really are leaving those pounds in the rear view mirror.
Closed Thread