Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #31  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Thank you both for volunteering to carry the baton for the next leg in the IP relay.

I'll be in touch by PM or start another thread to discuss the when and, if you want the how.

---
Thanks for all your congratulations. However, I would like to clarify my choice, I'm probably 30 -35 lbs from my desired final weight. Like the friend who introduced me to IP, I'm taking multiple stages of different programs to reach my goal weight. IP was simply the first stage for me. And based on my morning NWI on my home scale, what an effective start it has been! 55 lbs since June 28.

One of the things I know about myself is that I get bored of things. I've decided to work with this rather than fight it, so I'm moving off IP to a way of eating that will support me to take on an exercise program that's piqued my curiosity. Taking on the exercise will be so much easier now that I weigh almost 25% less!

I'll probably do the new eating and exercise for another 3-4 months. If I haven't reached my goal, I may well go back to phase 1 of IP.
That is an interesting plan....I'm svelting....I have pondered a plan like that. I am hoping to take off 60-70 pounds with IP by mid-February and then switch to exercise and a WW type plan to help me lose the last 15-20. Good lluck and please post to let us know how you are doing.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #32  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Ugh... Ive spent the better part of the day trying to find the egg salad recipe i believe Carla posted on here??? Anyone have a copy of it?? My hard boiled eggs are patiently waiting for other ingredients to join them!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #33  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Ugh... Ive spent the better part of the day trying to find the egg salad recipe i believe Carla posted on here??? Anyone have a copy of it?? My hard boiled eggs are patiently waiting for other ingredients to join them!
I used I'm Svelting!'s search method and found this
Search Results

Ideal Protein Recipes-Phase 1-4
Ideal Protein. Ideal Protein Diet · Ideal Protein Contact Us · Ideal Protein Diet ...... Egg Salad-(Phases 1-4). 6 hard boiled eggs. 2 Tablesp

BUT, when I got to the site I couldn't find the recipe. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #34  
Skinny girl in training

Found it.... thanks Linden!

Egg Salad-(Phases 1-4)

6 hard boiled eggs

2 Tablespoons mustard
1-2 teaspoons Dill Pickle juice

Dice eggs in bowl; add mustard and dill pickle juice. Stir and enjoy.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

Hey Jency!

Do you remember which egg salad recipe of mine you saw? I have a few.

Here is the link to the one ogdog posted. It is mayo free but uses cottage cheese.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3028961-post344.html

Here are a few others I use.

• 4 eggs
• 1 tbsp mayonnaise (you can use wf are another real mayo) It adds fat so use as little as possible.
• 1/2 to 1 tsp. mustard
• Salt/pepper
• 1/2 tsp. dill
• 1/4 cup chopped celery

sometimes I mix things up and add: chopped onion, 1/8 tsp paprika, chopped cucumber, finely chopped tomato, finely chopped dill pickles

Serves 2

OR this recipe. Uses more eggs and less mayo

Ingredients
• 8 eggs
• 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (you can use wf are another real mayo) It adds fat so use as little as possible.
• 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
• 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 red onion, minced
• salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, paprika, onion and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
3. Serve on bread as a sandwich or over crisp lettuce as a salad.
Makes 4 servings with 183 cal, 4.2 carbs, 12.9 protein, 12.8 fat

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-12-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #36  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Egg Salad-(Phases 1-4)

6 hard boiled eggs

2 Tablespoons mustard
1-2 teaspoons Dill Pickle juice

Dice eggs in bowl; add mustard and dill pickle juice. Stir and enjoy.
Mmmm, now I'm craving egg salad.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #37  
Skinny girl in training

It was the first one! However the second one sounds super yummy I'll have to try that one next time. Thanks so much for the info... putting these in my recipe file!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #38  
Skinny girl in training

Eataunts.... I did the recipe above with the mustard and dill juice.. it was super easy... but I think having celery in it would be even better! I am so tired of eating meat I wanted an egg recipe. I plan to try it tomorrow wrapped in lettuce leaves with the celery and maybe even some paprika added!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfun View Post
I've noticed that my cravings for bread and such are mostly gone although I am DYING for pizza! Anyone have any strategies for coping with this?

Also, maybe one of you can help ... I'm trying to figure out how to make crab cakes that will stay together without any breadcrumbs. Any ideas?

Here's to continuing a great week on IP!

Michelle
I will have to dig but I think someone who used to be on the board talked about using the crepe mix to make a dough for crackers and pizza crust. Maybe it was Babs or Taylor??? Anyone else remember this?

This is an interesting link to a alternative low carb crust.

It might work using a zero carb parmesan too. I would consider trying this with as little cheese as possible to make the dough cling. For a sauce, instead of tomato try doing a white pizza with olive oil and fresh garlic with fresh basil, a few pieces of fresh tomato, and some mushroom.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...zza-crust.html
http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-...h-its-wow-gold

It is not on plan because it uses cheese. I would look for a zero carb version if you go this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
Hi! I am new. This is my first week on IP, I am on day 5 today. I am liking it so far. I can't believe I am not starving as I usually do on all the other diets I have tried. I love cooking and I am trying to learn new ways of making things to stay within the guidelines. I have read for hours on here and I have learned so much from all of your posts!

I want to make a form of green chile. Are green chiles a select veggie? And I have looked but can't find a recipe on here to make it. Is there one on the threads? I think I will try to make one of my own as soon as I find out if green chiles are ok to have.

thanks so much!

What do you mean by green chile recipe? I think of green chile and just picture fresh or cooked green chile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Thank you both for volunteering to carry the baton for the next leg in the IP relay.

I'll be in touch by PM or start another thread to discuss the when and, if you want the how.

---
Thanks for all your congratulations. However, I would like to clarify my choice, I'm probably 30 -35 lbs from my desired final weight. Like the friend who introduced me to IP, I'm taking multiple stages of different programs to reach my goal weight. IP was simply the first stage for me. And based on my morning NWI on my home scale, what an effective start it has been! 55 lbs since June 28.

One of the things I know about myself is that I get bored of things. I've decided to work with this rather than fight it, so I'm moving off IP to a way of eating that will support me to take on an exercise program that's piqued my curiosity. Taking on the exercise will be so much easier now that I weigh almost 25% less!

I'll probably do the new eating and exercise for another 3-4 months. If I haven't reached my goal, I may well go back to phase 1 of IP.

Ok. Looking forward to your message.

I am so happy for your success! You have done great! I hope you enjoy the next phase and do as well or better!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

I have a question for Showgirlz..

can you tell me more about the keytones?/ I test usually everyday and am always moderate to strong.. You mentioned that being small or trace will help you burn fat faster.. Can you pls explain how that happens> As well, I only eat non restricted and have done so since I started IP.. Should I add a restricted packet? Any ideas would be great!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #41  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Eatants.... I did the recipe above with the mustard and dill juice.. it was super easy... but I think having celery in it would be even better! I am so tired of eating meat I wanted an egg recipe. I plan to try it tomorrow wrapped in lettuce leaves with the celery and maybe even some paprika added!
Celery and paprika sound like good additions. I often have spring greens with chopped up eggs with a few chunks of tomato and cucumber, then toss in WF balsamic vinagrette.

Mfun and ShowGirlAz,

I think this is the cracker/crust recipe from the crepe mix: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3019989
Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
I have a question for Showgirlz..

can you tell me more about the keytones?/ I test usually everyday and am always moderate to strong.. You mentioned that being small or trace will help you burn fat faster.. Can you pls explain how that happens> As well, I only eat non restricted and have done so since I started IP.. Should I add a restricted packet? Any ideas would be great!!!
Bev S has done more research than me on the why trace/small is best.
Here is what I have learned.
Ketose is a molecule of energy likened to glucose. It has a tiny energy molecule called a ketase and it has a ketone. The ketone is unuseable, and somewhat toxic to the body. That ketone is removed from the body in respiration - on the breath, sweat, through the bloods process, and in the urine. It can be measured by a blood test which is very current but more expensive or, it can be measured in the urine which is accurate with in 24 hrs. It is able to be diluted when well hydrated and is not always properly read in urine dip tests.

I am aware that having too many ketones is a tad toxic. I know that if you are showing a large amount of ketones you can be dehydrated and that is NOT good. Ketones will appear more concentrated if you are dehydrated. If that is happening it is hard on your kidneys. If the kidneys are taxed the liver has to start doing work to support the kidneys. Once the liver is helping to assist the kidneys it slows or reduces its abilities to burn and remove fat from the body. I believe because the body is trying to remove the toxins of the high ketone level that it isn't processing fat as efficiently therefore, lower toxins ie ketones more efficient fat burning. Perhaps that can be confirmed more by Bev S.

Regarding the packets, the use of restricted packets is up to you and your coach. They are allowed from day 1. Start with moderation to see how your body responds. I never used them until I had been on the program for over 8 months. Even now, I use maybe a 1/3 of a bar or choco soy puff bag per day. I rarely use a whole restricted packet. I can but don't find it helps me if I eat too much. I actually fall out of ketosis pretty easily so, not a good approach for me. I had great success my first 12 weeks by not using them. I was so sensitive to carbs fennel could pull me from ketosis.

Try having a part of a bar or a restricted packet one or two times a week and see if that is a nice treat. Provided you don't see a change in your weight loss it is working and there is no reason to avoid it.

WE ARE ALL UNIQUE! Each of us has to experiment a little with our "body lab" and see what works best for us. If you are not as carb sensitive as I am you can use things I can't. For instance, I have not problem with coffee. It does nothing to me but make my mouth smile. I can have a cup of Turkish or Greek coffee ie.. mud and fall immediately to sleep. It doesn't effect my adrenals and seems to not push my pancreas or thyroid much. Someone else may have an entirely different response. Given that, we each make different decisions about what and how we incorporate food. It is true to with carbs and the restricted items are more carbs. In some cases 3x more.

I hope that helped a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Mfun and ShowGirlAz,

I think this is the cracker/crust recipe from the crepe mix: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3019989
that is the cracker crust! YES.. I had just found it too! I am still looking for the pizza crust version!
Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/202/160

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

What do you mean by green chile recipe? I think of green chile and just picture fresh or cooked green chile.
I mean like green chile usually made with pork, roasted green chiles and tomatoes, onions and broth. etc. Then eat it in a bowl or over burritos. I make an awesome "green chile" and I wanted to make a IP version. I have 2 bags of freshly roasted green chiles from the farmers market and wanted to use them. I basically need to know if the actual green chiles are considered a select veggie? I wasn't sure if they would be considered like a green bell pepper.

Then I was thinking of using pork loin cubes and some green chiles and approved chicken broth and making it like a soup.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
PIZZA! I use a portabello mushroom as a "crust" with olive oil and garlic for "sauce" veggie mozzarella cheese, chicken sausage. Not too bad I must say.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3167281-post527.html

The above link is to Jordanna's pizza crust. She has a topping suggestion too.

I am checking with my other Ideal Protein friends on facebook to see who has a good pizza crust recipe. I'll let you know if anything comes through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
I mean like green chile usually made with pork, roasted green chiles and tomatoes, onions and broth. etc. Then eat it in a bowl or over burritos. I make an awesome "green chile" and I wanted to make a IP version. I have 2 bags of freshly roasted green chiles from the farmers market and wanted to use them. I basically need to know if the actual green chiles are considered a select veggie? I wasn't sure if they would be considered like a green bell pepper.

Then I was thinking of using pork loin cubes and some green chiles and approved chicken broth and making it like a soup.
1 cup of green chilis cooked and canned has 6g of carbs and a glycemic index of 2. It is very comparable to 1/2 cup of broccoli on its carb, glycemic index components.

I have used it occasionally and in moderation without any bad impacts. I treat it like a sweet (colored)bell pepper. The protocol sheet doesn't say it is in either the allowed or occasional categories. I also know that sheet doesn't cover the hundreds of choices out there so, you can try it and see how you do.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #45  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

I'm Svelting good luck on phasing off of IP, Lets us know how switching things up works. I love working out and need to lose quit a bit and have thought of switching things up once I am in the onederlands.

I had my 4WI today and have lost another 2.4lbs

good luck to all on the rest of the week.
Closed Thread