Microwaving Omlette

• Good Morning IPers,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to microwave the Omlette. I was thinking about getting a microwave omlette dish so I can eat it at work. Any thoughts? If you have tried it, how did it taste? How long did you cook it?
    Thanks,
  • Quote: Good Morning IPers,
    I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to microwave the Omlette. I was thinking about getting a microwave omlette dish so I can eat it at work. Any thoughts? If you have tried it, how did it taste? How long did you cook it?
    Thanks,
    Great question...it has been on my mine...I love the omlette it is my favorite food on IP.
  • I have a microwave omelet maker and it works very well. I spray a bit of Pam Olive oil in it, then mic the omelet for 44 sec. a couple of times till its done, just keep checking it.
  • I microwave mine at work all the time. I put it in a bowl with mushrooms and microwave for about 2 minutes sprinkle with sea salt. It comes out more like scrambled eggs, but I really like them this way.
  • I used a pyrex 2cup glass round. I'd mix the egg mixture up, spray pam in the bowl, pour the mixture in and microwave about a minute. I tried it with spinach and mushroom and that worked well too.

I know someone who makes hers pouring the mixture in a plastic bag. She gives it a quick 30 seconds in the micro, shakes it up, and micros again a few seconds if it needs it. It comes out very fluffy.

I don't prefer to microwave my foods so, this has been a rare thing and a real "in a pinch" moment.
  • The key to cooking the IP omelette or regular eggs in the microwave is to spray the container with non-stick spray first. I've successfully used the plastic omelette maker and a large coffee mug to cook them in the microwave.
  • Thank you all for your replies. I have been looking a solution for my lunch delimma. I think I have found it. An omlett with a mixture of veggies and a salad.
    Thanks
  • Olive oil or Grapeseed oil on the microwave omelette pan, add 1/2 cup finely cut mushrooms, cook on level 7 for approx. 2.5 minutes.

May need a bit more or less depending on the power of your microwave.
  • Or you could bring a portable stove and skillet to work...
  • Quote: Or you could bring a portable stove and skillet to work...
    Then I would have to cook for everyone!!
  • Any tricks to minimize the rubbery consistency?
  • I like a couple of others try not to "nuke" too many foods. I have been on IP 2 weeks now and the omlette is my weekend breakfast. I so far have only done the omlette in the pan and just turn it once. Has anyone make "scrambled" eggs with it? Can you stir them while they cook? Or does that not turn out so well?
  • Quote: I like a couple of others try not to "nuke" too many foods. I have been on IP 2 weeks now and the omlette is my weekend breakfast. I so far have only done the omlette in the pan and just turn it once. Has anyone make "scrambled" eggs with it? Can you stir them while they cook? Or does that not turn out so well?
    I've done the scramble, mostly when my omelette skillz failed. It works quite well. Make sure your non-stick pan has no scratches on the surface, the omelette scramble will find them! In fact, you should make sure your nonstick pan has no scratches for health reasons. You don't want to be eating the nonstick coatings.
  • I have scrambled mine every time (and I've only had them twice! LOL!) I didn't think I could get the omlette flip-over thing, so as it was cooking, I just started stirring it like scrambled eggs! It was soooo good!!! What a great breakfast!
  • Quote: I like a couple of others try not to "nuke" too many foods. I have been on IP 2 weeks now and the omlette is my weekend breakfast. I so far have only done the omlette in the pan and just turn it once. Has anyone make "scrambled" eggs with it? Can you stir them while they cook? Or does that not turn out so well?
    The eggs are my favorite breakfast. I have scrambled them often. I even add a few extra veggies to it.