Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Mon. 11 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all. I hope everyone has a great day! I have a question. How important are the supplements that are given in the "pack" the first day? I have taken mine like I am supposed to, endured upset stomach everytime I take them, now I am almost out (on my 4th week) I am thinking of only replacing the potassium. I had a friend who did this diet (and lost 46lbs) but did not take the supplaments because they did the same to her. Has anyone on her not taken them, yet still been succcessful on the diet?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/color]

Just took the quiz on Dr. Chanh's website....very insightful and helps me remember what the focus of the this plan is. Take it today and see how well you understand the diet

have an IP day!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

OK, I need to know if I messed up last night. Where do red beans fall, veggie restricted or not allowed on Phase 1?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'2

Exclamation In Need Of MOTIVATION!

Top of the morning, Fellow Dieters!=-). I'm new to the site and I'm in dsperate need of advice, tips, and tricks. I started the IP diet 3 wks ago; I go in for my 4th WI today (WISH ME LUCK). I started at 180lbs. 1st wk=173; 2nd wk=168. I'm loving my results, but it's getting harder and harder to stick with it=-( The food is delicious, but it's the lack of food, outside of thiers, that's scare. My toughest challenge is bread. It's extremely difficult to eat meat with NO BREAD. I can't quit now; I'm to far in. I just need some guidance, PLEASE.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
OK, I need to know if I messed up last night. Where do red beans fall, veggie restricted or not allowed on Phase 1?
Not allowed.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3d1n4h View Post
Top of the morning, Fellow Dieters!=-). I'm new to the site and I'm in dsperate need of advice, tips, and tricks. I started the IP diet 3 wks ago; I go in for my 4th WI today (WISH ME LUCK). I started at 180lbs. 1st wk=173; 2nd wk=168. I'm loving my results, but it's getting harder and harder to stick with it=-( The food is delicious, but it's the lack of food, outside of thiers, that's scare. My toughest challenge is bread. It's extremely difficult to eat meat with NO BREAD. I can't quit now; I'm to far in. I just need some guidance, PLEASE.
I know how you feel, I remember feeling that way around the same time. Just look at how good you look and feel. I have been on many trip and had little cheats then felt yukky for days. It reminds you fast why IP is so great! Have you gone through the recipe threads, add some variety to your meals. The recipes are fantastic!! You can do this, I am almost at goal and I feel so good. I start phase 3 today and am kinda on the opposite now, scared to eat because I feel so good!! Funny how a few weeks can make such a difference. Good luck at your WI!! Keep the faith, you CAN do this!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning fellow IPers!
Hope everyone had a great weekend - it's still going on for us in Canada for Thanksgiving. Went to big sis' for dinner last night and had wonderful turkey, broccoli, cauliflower (a few brussel sprouts) and salad. Butterscotch pudding with some WF chocolate sauce for dessert - yum!

I have a question for anyone reading who's on maintenance. I know I still have a long way to go, but I was reading Dr Tran's web book the other day, particularly the bit on maintenance. He recommends that your evening meal not include protein (you're to have that at lunch), but just pasta, rice and the like. He has some very good reasons for doing this, but I am thinking this could be a challenge. How have you guys that have successfully maintained for a while dealt with this? Your advice, as always, is much appreciated.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #9  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
You and I started the exact same day! And my toughest challenge is bread. I miss it very much.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
This 4th week window is a tough adjustment place for many people. You are doing great so, work through it. You will be glad of the results. Try the recipes. Put variety in your program by trying new things. If you tempt yourself you will either hate the taste of the bread now, or, possibly, find it quite hard to get back on plan. This is a great opportunity to change habits and find new favorites to enjoy.

What is it you are missing most? Texture, tastes, sandwiches? What part? Maybe that would help us give you suggestions as alternatives.

I still make a "sandwich" when I want one. I have hamburgers and grilled chicken on grilled mushroom caps, in lettuce leaf "buns". I just had a turkey sandwich on romaine lettuce leaf the other day. I used the lettuce leaf flat, 2 thick on each side, with a little mustard, WF mayo, salt, pepper, red onion slices, tomato slices, sauteed mushroom, and spinach. It was great for me. I have also used thicker slices of eggplant grilled panini style as bread for other sandwiches too.

You can use the restricted packet plain crepes that might help. You can also make a muffin with the chocolate crepe.

I hope there is something here that can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post

I have a question for anyone reading who's on maintenance. I know I still have a long way to go, but I was reading Dr Tran's web book the other day, particularly the bit on maintenance. He recommends that your evening meal not include protein (you're to have that at lunch), but just pasta, rice and the like. He has some very good reasons for doing this, but I am thinking this could be a challenge. How have you guys that have successfully maintained for a while dealt with this? Your advice, as always, is much appreciated.
I am not in maintenance yet so, I will let another person answer that if they know.

Regarding Dr Tran's diet. He created the approach that is behind IP but, his diet and IP are NOT exactly the same. They look very much alike and they achieve the same results but, his book is NOT the IP manual. That is a big reason you will see discrepancies. You can try to incorporate his approach with IP. It is definitely workable. Also, he provides much more information for those who need it which, makes the book a great resource.

I think you can do it either way. People have followed his approach as is in his book for decades and have done very well.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/131/140

Height: 5'4

Ok, ladies. I need your encouragement. I'm a little down this morning. Well, not down but up I have officially been on the IP protocol 3 weeks and I'm only down 9lbs. I feel my clothes a little looser but still not down a size. This is really frustrating because I know that I'm going by the book. I'm not exercising and I'm drinking over 100oz of H2O a day. I don't understand this and I'm begining to think I should just go back to my low cal/ lots of exercise diet. HELP.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #12  

Can someone help me? I'm on day 1 of phase 1 and can't get ahold of my coach.
My question is about the vegies. It says 2 cups for lunch and 2 cups for dinner. I emailed my coach yesterday and asked if that was 2 cups in quantity or 2 cups in weight and she said quantity... So I'm sitting here looking at my vegies and I'm really confused.... 2 cups of cauliflower is over half a head!! 2 cups of green beans would be like a can and a half........Am I really supposed to eat my tiny little IP bar plus a can and a half of green beens????????????
Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #13  

also if i eat a salad is that considered my veggie or no?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

the Wonder Cat You are correct, I do use the Splenda in the big bag that measures cup for cup to sugar when making that salad dressing. I used to use this for baking. I'm way too lazy to open that many packets! And you're right, it is a different consistency.

I noticed on here that everyone says that you can't have the sparkling flavored waters (because of the aspartame). My coach said it is alright as long as you drink at least the same amount in regular water. So, no more than half of your daily water intake can be the sparkling water. I love my sparkling water since I used to be addicted to Diet Pepsi - I love that fizz! I have gone a couple days without any and haven't seen a difference in my weight loss. I was just wondering if anyone else has been told that it was OK? I may be willing to give it up if it will increase my weight loss!

Has anyone had slow weight losses when using the restricted packets and then stopped using them and had better results? My coach says it won't make a difference but I will find out Wednesday at my next weigh in. I love the IP bars and always looked forward to one at 3:00 - helps get through the workday!

Congratulations to everyone who made great choices this weekend and during your Thanksgiving Feasts! Thanks for all of the ideas!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #15  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Ok, ladies. I need your encouragement. I'm a little down this morning. Well, not down but up I have officially been on the IP protocol 3 weeks and I'm only down 9lbs. I feel my clothes a little looser but still not down a size. This is really frustrating because I know that I'm going by the book. I'm not exercising and I'm drinking over 100oz of H2O a day. I don't understand this and I'm begining to think I should just go back to my low cal/ lots of exercise diet. HELP.
Hi mama2three, I am a mama to three also!!
I feel your pain about the 9 lb weight loss! I have been on IP since sept 20th and have not once ever cheated. My official WI weight loss shows me losing about 8 lbs or so. I have seen so many lose so much more quickly! I was really low after my weigh in on Friday. My DH and kids were so sweet about it cuz they know I've been so good on the diet. I took the time to read Dr. Tran (sp?)'s book this weekend and I feel pretty good now. While I am still a little confused about carbs in veges, etc I feel really motivated. He specifically states in the book that the average weight loss for a woman after three weeks is 8 or 9 lbs!! That's us!!!!
Anyway, I have looked at my journal for last week and I may have used too much dijon mustard (tiny bits but maybe too often?). I can feel that my body is losing the weight, but because I was literally SQUEEZING my fat arse into my old jeans (and spilling out some too!) I really haven't changed sizes or anything. I have continued to lose inches, you too? Which means we are still losing - our bodies are doing the right thing. Let's just be patient with ourselves. After I had my first baby I remarked to my OB/GYN that I wanted to lose the weight and she said, take your time - it took you nine months to gain it! So I try to remember that. It will retrain our bodies to be on the diet. Don't be discouraged! Just keep plowing through. I will do it with you!! Put your head down and do this boot camp like your life depended on it, cuz your new life does!!! Let's really be healthy and love ourselves!

Last edited by SallyM; 10-11-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Closed Thread