Old 10-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #1  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Default Craving sushi... HELP!

For the past few days I have been craving sushi very bad... worse than my pregnancy cravings haha what do I do???????? Are we allowed sushi on the program?

Thank you!
AvaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
For the past few days I have been craving sushi very bad... worse than my pregnancy cravings haha what do I do???????? Are we allowed sushi on the program?

Thank you!
what type of sushi do you like? Do you like any sashimi?

I am a TOTAL sushi and sashimi lover! I switched to sashimi, edamame, steamed or stirfried veggies, and a salad with dressing. I tried doing rolls but it was a bit difficult for me. I was able to take nori seaweed and use it to make a vegetable hand roll, almost like a seaweed style spring roll. I also did that with a bit of cooked tuna and cooked salmon.

It was the closest I could come to kill my craving.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #3  
Taking it day by day =))

Thank you! I love it all... this program has been quite easy for me so far I am able to get back to my baking (cakes, pies & cupcakes) without wanting to taste test anything hehe but when it came to sushi my goodness I can't get it off of my mind!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #4  

I completely understand! Fortunately, I enjoyed sashimi as much as the rolls. It made it easier. I even was able to eat out with friends. I just ordered edamame, steamed veggies, sashimi selections, and a small side salad. The only modifications I might make would be to ask for it dry and unsalted then, I would salt it with my little sea salt I had brought with me.

Soy is allowed so that wasn't a problem. I found wasabi paste is a zero carb item so, I have mixed it in with the low sodium gluten free soy and had no issues.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-09-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #5  
Taking it day by day =))

I will be trying that this week thank you so much you are always so informative!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #6  

You are welcome!

Another thing to try, if you like it is the Tuna Tataki. It is seared tuna over daikon radish. We can actually eat the daikon radish so, it with some soy is a quite nice treat.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

if you crave something that bad you have to learn to control yourself. you can have sushi. just don't pig out on it. have one serving and learn to live with it.

for example, i crave pizza! cheesy, warm, hot pizza. I've taught myself to just have one slice and I can be satisfied with just that now. I used to eat 4 or 5 slices...
sweetlily2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlily2 View Post
if you crave something that bad you have to learn to control yourself. you can have sushi. just don't pig out on it. have one serving and learn to live with it.

for example, i crave pizza! cheesy, warm, hot pizza. I've taught myself to just have one slice and I can be satisfied with just that now. I used to eat 4 or 5 slices...

Hi Lily!

You are right, for a permanent lifestyle change it is very important to learn self-control.

At this point, we are in a restricted eating phase of a medically designed program called IDEAL PROTEIN. It using changes in the foods we eat as well as portion control to assist in achieving weight loss. In this case, she can't have sushi during this stage because the rice used is sushi is not acceptable during this phase of the program. The program is designed to rest and reset the functions of the pancreas. Adding foods that stimulate insulin production actually interfere with the chemistry of this plan.

So, self-control won't work for now.

In case you are interested, this program is perfectly acceptable for teenagers. I noticed you did the HCG program. This is much safer and is FDA approved. It is something you might be interested in!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #9  

oh okay, i didn't see...

but, sure, what is the ideal protein diet? I'll look into it
Old 10-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #10  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Thank you!
When I make the I P omelet I often roll it up in nori -- hot out of the skillet so the nori softens and is easily wrapped. Then I cut it into sushi-size pieces. You could also put hot asparagus, etc. on the egg and wrap it all up.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #11  

Quote:
oh okay, i didn't see...

but, sure, what is the ideal protein diet? I'll look into it
check out this link!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-ip-diet.html

It is fairly well summarized.

More details can be found on the webpage at www.idealprotein.com
Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #12  

so i would have to go to a clinic? i'll probably just stick to my running. thanks though! I apprectiate it
Old 10-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #13  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thank you!
Well I have always made my own sushi, so I actually made sushi when I was on program with cauliflower rice, rice vinegar & splenda, used WF mayo, shrimp, egg, cucumber ect. The whole family ate them so I think it was ok, super easy and should conquer the craving.... just an idea
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #14  
Taking it day by day =))

Quote:

Obvisiouly I do have self control if not I would have cheated long ago & I was never one to "pig out" in sushi I usually just had a roll. Thanks anyways.

Thank you ladies for the other great ideas I'm going to try making sushi on my own with your greatful tips
Old 10-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Well I have always made my own sushi, so I actually made sushi when I was on program with cauliflower rice, rice vinegar & splenda, used WF mayo, shrimp, egg, cucumber ect. The whole family ate them so I think it was ok, super easy and should conquer the craving.... just an idea
That worked!! WOW. I thought about it but didn't try. I wasn't sure I could get the cauliflower to get that "stickiness" that rice has.

I have to try your rolls. Did you put this in the recipe thread yet? I would love to be able to go back and reference it there.

THANKS!