3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Mon. 11 Oct. 2010

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Has anyone ever tried the vanilla shake as coffee creamer? I was told to use 1 oz (2 tablespoons) of skim per day. I drink alot of decaf coffee and was wondering if there are alternatives? The skinny soy milk would be less carbs than skim but I don't know if that is allowed. Any other big coffee drinkers out there? Advice, advice.......
I do this regularly and LOVE it! I only use a little of the creamer and stretch one container over the week if I am using it in addition to the 3 protein packets. If I am making it my breakfast or lunch, then I use the entire protein in one sitting, in multiple coffees or one big coffee.

I sweeten with a bit of splenda once in awhile but, USUALLY, I use a french vanilla stevia by NOW or a liquid vanilla creme liquid stevia by Sweet Leaf.


I have used other flavors to sweet and I have used the torani, davinci, or artisan sugarfree syrups but, I always come back to the above!
__________________
Carla


My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!



You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #32
Member
 
Ciebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3d1n4h View Post
Top of the morning, Fellow Dieters!=-). I'm new to the site and I'm in dsperate need of advice, tips, and tricks. I started the IP diet 3 wks ago; I go in for my 4th WI today (WISH ME LUCK). I started at 180lbs. 1st wk=173; 2nd wk=168. I'm loving my results, but it's getting harder and harder to stick with it=-( The food is delicious, but it's the lack of food, outside of thiers, that's scare. My toughest challenge is bread. It's extremely difficult to eat meat with NO BREAD. I can't quit now; I'm to far in. I just need some guidance, PLEASE.
Am I reading this right? in 3 weeks you are down 12 lbs..that is terrific Keep with it...you are on the right track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Ok, ladies. I need your encouragement. I'm a little down this morning. Well, not down but up I have officially been on the IP protocol 3 weeks and I'm only down 9lbs. I feel my clothes a little looser but still not down a size. This is really frustrating because I know that I'm going by the book. I'm not exercising and I'm drinking over 100oz of H2O a day. I don't understand this and I'm begining to think I should just go back to my low cal/ lots of exercise diet. HELP.
I hear ya..week 4 weigh in today and I am down 12 lbs in 4 weeks. Feeling discouraged, but willing to hang in there!
__________________
::hug : One hug to me for each 5lbs gone

Ciebelle is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #33
Member
 
Ciebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Default

I have a question..don't want to post on the cheat board, cause I am not considering a cheat...but...this week I have been allowed to add 2 restricted packets. (Have not done it yet just got them)..my question is..today is turkey day. Coach feels we need to "shock" my system. Do you think it would be okay if I indulged on a few things today..as a shock..not go crazy..I was going to have turkey, salad, asparagus and cauliflower mashed. I am wondering as a shock, could I add a spoonful of stuffing and some cranberry? Not hog wild, but just enough to maybe kick start my system?? I am not really even desiring a "cheat", but I thought since we are going for shock, then maybe I could have a couple of the things that I wanted.

I have been doing hardcore bootcamp for 4 weeks..I value your opinions..Thanks
__________________
::hug : One hug to me for each 5lbs gone

Ciebelle is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Mfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Default New to IP

Hi,
I've been lurking on this board for about a week now so I thought I should step in and introduce myself. I just started IP last week. My husband started in September while I was out of town and in two weeks he had lost over 10 pounds. I'm NOT a big veggie eater so I didn't think I could do it, but I did some research and some more reading and decided that I COULD do it after all. Rather than go to the clinic with my husband, I decided to join Ideal To Go due to scheduling issues. I started on 10/02, although using some of my own products (protein shakes) until my IP items arrived. In my first week I lost 9.2 pounds -- I am still floored!

So, more about me ... let's see ... 37yo, married (will be 13 years next Monday), three kids that are the light of my life, work full time ... After my third child was born I found that I just could not get the weight off like I did after the first two. I've been hovering between 190-195 for the last couple of years and my goal right now is 140.

I have lots of questions and I find that the information my husband gets from his clinic does not always match what my Ideal To Go coach tells me, so I am glad to see that quite a few of you seem to have lots of information. I'll be posting some of my myriad of questions soon.

Thanks for having me!

Michelle
Mfun is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Mfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 17

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Default Random questions ...

Like I said, the information that my husband's clnic gives him and my online coach gives me, doesn't always match. Off the top of my head, here are a few questions that we just can't seem to get a clear answer on - maybe some of you can help!

Turnips are listed on the approved list for Phase I, but my coach told me specifically to avoid them, but offered no further suggestion. Thoughts?

Sparkling water, okay or not okay? I'm talking about Ice Mountain Sparkling - it is flavored with fruit, but no sweeteners of any type, 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs. I have heard no carbonation, and I have heard carbonation okay (as long as it is 0/0/0) as long as you replace the water.

Regarding the 1 oz. of dairy allowed (presumably as skim milk in your coffee), can you replace that with other no-fat or low-fat dairy?

Thanks for any help!

Michelle
Mfun is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #36
Started IP Sept 20, 2010
 
SallyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 136

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Default

I am a BIG coffee drinker. I drink drip coffee (half-caff, half-decaf) throughout the day. I use one extra Vanilla Drink throughout the week as a "creamer" in my coffee. I love it!! I also add one additional cup of water for each cup of coffee that I drink. I think it works like the non-dairy full o sugar creamer I used to use. I was so happy that I could continue with my coffee!! My coach is a coffee drinker also and she adds her chocolate drink packet into her coffee throughout the morning. She has lost tons on the diet and is no longer on it but still uses the chocolate drink packet.

Carla, thanks so much for the info on the foods that you provide! I agree with the poster who said you should be a coach by now!!!! TY TY

Edit to add: I love the sweet treats that we can have in the form of the packets! They satisfy my sweet tooth quite nicely!! However, I am craving the fats big time. Last night I went to bed dreaming of all the naughty fatty things that got me into trouble in the first place. ( I won't mention the foods by name cuz I don't want to do that to anyone, but .......... oh a girl can dream can't she?)
__________________

Last edited by SallyM : 10-11-2010 at 04:36 PM.
SallyM is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #37
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default When all else fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3d1n4h View Post
Top of the morning, Fellow Dieters!=-). I'm new to the site and I'm in dsperate need of advice, tips, and tricks. I started the IP diet 3 wks ago; I go in for my 4th WI today (WISH ME LUCK). I started at 180lbs. 1st wk=173; 2nd wk=168. I'm loving my results, but it's getting harder and harder to stick with it=-( The food is delicious, but it's the lack of food, outside of thiers, that's scare. My toughest challenge is bread. It's extremely difficult to eat meat with NO BREAD. I can't quit now; I'm to far in. I just need some guidance, PLEASE.
When he was little, my son said the reason I went to Europe was to eat the bread. Couldn't stomach the stuff here after eating good bread there. But, I DO know what you mean.

Carla's advice is top notch and I think you'll do yourself to follow it. This is just an addendum. It works for me on the rare occasions I now want something I can't have.

Drink a large glass of cool water. (Good for a multitude of ills.)

If that doesn't work -- wait 15 minutes -- then brush your teeth and think about something else.

And if that doesn't work, go walk around the block, or the floor you work on, or whatever. Keep walking until you see something other than yourself walking.
__________________

Last edited by Linden : 10-11-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Linden is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
I have a question..don't want to post on the cheat board, cause I am not considering a cheat...but...this week I have been allowed to add 2 restricted packets. (Have not done it yet just got them)..my question is..today is turkey day. Coach feels we need to "shock" my system. Do you think it would be okay if I indulged on a few things today..as a shock..not go crazy..I was going to have turkey, salad, asparagus and cauliflower mashed. I am wondering as a shock, could I add a spoonful of stuffing and some cranberry? Not hog wild, but just enough to maybe kick start my system?? I am not really even desiring a "cheat", but I thought since we are going for shock, then maybe I could have a couple of the things that I wanted.

I have been doing hardcore bootcamp for 4 weeks..I value your opinions..Thanks
If your coach thinks this is a good idea, have you checked with them for how much of a shock they are looking for you to create? Adding a spoonful of stuffing and a spoonful of cranberry is not a shock. It may not even be enough to pull you from ketosis if the rest of your day was low carb and your meal is pretty much IP appropriate. (The cranberries, in a spoonful, will barely give you 1g of carbs. The stuffing, in just one spoonful, may give you 2 to 4 carbs since 1/8 of a cup is, on average, 6g carbs for a dry stuffing mix that is prepared according to package directions.)

If you are trying to SHOCK and I mean shock your system, I would go for having a normal turkey dinner. Basically the IP dinner you refer to along with a sliver of pie, a half a roll, a spoon full of yam or potatoes, a spoon of stuffing, a spoon of cranberry. If you don't want the roll or potatoes, have a piece of pie. 1/8th of a 9" homemade pumpkin pie averages 41g carbs per slice. The sugars and starches are what will shock your system the most. Your system has been used to around 40 or so total carbs a day. If you give it 80 carbs that will be a shock. Giving it more than a 100 or 150 is going to possibly put you on a carb high, in a carb "zone" or "coma", and will leave you with a carb hangover the next day. Do NOT go there!

JUST REMEMBER! WHEN DINNER IS OVER, SO IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOCK. DO NOT go back in an hour or two for more. Do not take leftovers from someone's house back to yours. Drink plenty of water, you will be getting lots of sodium I am sure.

THEN, THE NEXT MORNING, you go BACK TO BOOT CAMP! Immediately, without delay, go back to a very unrestricted IP plan of drinks, puddings, and the low carb packets plus your meal and veggies/salads for the next few days. This should not effect your loss in a negative way and should be the shock your coach is referring to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfun View Post
Hi,
I've been lurking on this board for about a week now so I thought I should step in and introduce myself. I just started IP last week. My husband started in September while I was out of town and in two weeks he had lost over 10 pounds. I'm NOT a big veggie eater so I didn't think I could do it, but I did some research and some more reading and decided that I COULD do it after all. Rather than go to the clinic with my husband, I decided to join Ideal To Go due to scheduling issues. I started on 10/02, although using some of my own products (protein shakes) until my IP items arrived. In my first week I lost 9.2 pounds -- I am still floored!

So, more about me ... let's see ... 37yo, married (will be 13 years next Monday), three kids that are the light of my life, work full time ... After my third child was born I found that I just could not get the weight off like I did after the first two. I've been hovering between 190-195 for the last couple of years and my goal right now is 140.

I have lots of questions and I find that the information my husband gets from his clinic does not always match what my Ideal To Go coach tells me, so I am glad to see that quite a few of you seem to have lots of information. I'll be posting some of my myriad of questions soon.

Thanks for having me!

Michelle
Thank you for the introduction! I am so happy you have had a great first week! I am also happy to hear you and your husband are support each other in this effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfun View Post

Turnips are listed on the approved list for Phase I, but my coach told me specifically to avoid them, but offered no further suggestion. Thoughts?

Sparkling water, okay or not okay? I'm talking about Ice Mountain Sparkling - it is flavored with fruit, but no sweeteners of any type, 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs. I have heard no carbonation, and I have heard carbonation okay (as long as it is 0/0/0) as long as you replace the water.

Regarding the 1 oz. of dairy allowed (presumably as skim milk in your coffee), can you replace that with other no-fat or low-fat dairy?

Thanks for any help!

Michelle
Your coach may be saying no turnips if they are also say no root vegetables of any kind. That is the approach my coach used. NO root veggies til I had lost 70% of my weight.

Sparkling water is a coaches call. In a caffeine free situation, carbonation isn't needed to be flushed with more water. The problem with carbonation is the way it effects the body and how it can cause the body to lose more minerals. It is a 50/50 on who allows it and it will not effect your weight loss.

I know some people have used the unsweetened soy milk as a substitute for the 1 oz dairy when they are lactose intolerant. I am unfamiliar with any other substitutions. You would want something that was nutritionally comparable or lower in carbs and fat than 1 oz skim milk if you are comparing labels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Carla, thanks so much for the info on the foods that you provide! I agree with the poster who said you should be a coach by now!!!! TY TY
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Thank you, Carla. You are so full of good info. Are you a coach, yet? If not, you should be.

Thank you both! That is very sweet. Yes, I am starting to do coaching. I am currently affiliated with an already existing clinic in Arizona. I am trying to start my own clinic in another neighboring city.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence! I really appreciate it!
__________________
Carla


My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!



You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...

Last edited by showgirlaz : 10-11-2010 at 06:59 PM.
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 27

S/C/G: 186/131/140

Height: 5'4

Default

Ok. I will try to make this my last question of the day. So thankful you are putting up with us new IP'ers. Here's my question. My I have had 2 WIs with my 3rd set up for tomorrow. Last week during measurements, my coach decided to measure me a new way and stated from here on out we would stay with that. My problem is that the new way has no landmarks. She said just hold the tape measure at your biggest part for waist hips and thighs. My problem with that is there is no way to keep this consistent. What do you all think? How are you measuring. I'm thinking, I'm not really concerned with the "widest parts" as long as the numbers are measured consistently so I can see the progress. If I measure in a different place tomorrow, I may be smaller or bigger. There's no way to tell. Whatcha think?
mama2three is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #40
Member
 
Ciebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Default

[quote=showgirlaz;3517510]If your coach thinks this is a good idea, have you checked with them for how much of a shock they are looking for you to create? Adding a spoonful of stuffing and a spoonful of cranberry is not a shock. It may not even be enough to pull you from ketosis if the rest of your day was low carb and your meal is pretty much IP appropriate. (The cranberries, in a spoonful, will barely give you 1g of carbs. The stuffing, in just one spoonful, may give you 2 to 4 carbs since 1/8 of a cup is, on average, 6g carbs for a dry stuffing mix that is prepared according to package directions.)

If you are trying to SHOCK and I mean shock your system, I would go for having a normal turkey dinner. Basically the IP dinner you refer to along with a sliver of pie, a half a roll, a spoon full of yam or potatoes, a spoon of stuffing, a spoon of cranberry. If you don't want the roll or potatoes, have a piece of pie. 1/8th of a 9" homemade pumpkin pie averages 41g carbs per slice. The sugars and starches are what will shock your system the most. Your system has been used to around 40 or so total carbs a day. If you give it 80 carbs that will be a shock. Giving it more than a 100 or 150 is going to possibly put you on a carb high, in a carb "zone" or "coma", and will leave you with a carb hangover the next day. Do NOT go there!

JUST REMEMBER! WHEN DINNER IS OVER, SO IS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOCK. DO NOT go back in an hour or two for more. Do not take leftovers from someone's house back to yours. Drink plenty of water, you will be getting lots of sodium I am sure.

THEN, THE NEXT MORNING, you go BACK TO BOOT CAMP! Immediately, without delay, go back to a very unrestricted IP plan of drinks, puddings, and the low carb packets plus your meal and veggies/salads for the next few days. This should not effect your loss in a negative way and should be the shock your coach is referring to.



Thanks for the input. I think I might just sit down and have a nice reasonable dinner. I really have no desire to go hog wild, but we need to do something to shake things up!

I will let you know how it all goes
__________________
::hug : One hug to me for each 5lbs gone

Ciebelle is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #41
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Ok, ladies. I need your encouragement. I'm a little down this morning. Well, not down but up I have officially been on the IP protocol 3 weeks and I'm only down 9lbs. I feel my clothes a little looser but still not down a size. This is really frustrating because I know that I'm going by the book. I'm not exercising and I'm drinking over 100oz of H2O a day. I don't understand this and I'm begining to think I should just go back to my low cal/ lots of exercise diet. HELP.
I hope you're kidding. 3 pounds a week and you feel down? Some people here would kill for that amount, or contemplating it. It sounds to me as though you're doing everything right except maybe getting your mind around the program and how short a time period it is in the great scheme of your life.

Tough love. I guess. And I apologize if you gained your weight at a rate of 3 pounds a week. If that is the case, I would suggest testing for hypothyroidism. If your thyroid is not working properly, you can gain that rapidly.
__________________
Linden is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #42
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Question for anyone: I bought the Paul Newman Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing this weekend. No sugar in it at all. Does anyone else use it?
I just pulled out two bottles of Newman's light dressing that have been languishing in the cupboard for 4 months. Balsamic has 2 carbs and sugar; Asian 5, organic sugar. Regardless, no matter what dressing you use, if it has carbs you're doing yourself a disservice.
__________________
Linden is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #43
tcswain
 
tcswain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eaton, CO
Posts: 79

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
I know how you feel, I remember feeling that way around the same time. Just look at how good you look and feel. I have been on many trip and had little cheats then felt yukky for days. It reminds you fast why IP is so great! Have you gone through the recipe threads, add some variety to your meals. The recipes are fantastic!! You can do this, I am almost at goal and I feel so good. I start phase 3 today and am kinda on the opposite now, scared to eat because I feel so good!! Funny how a few weeks can make such a difference. Good luck at your WI!! Keep the faith, you CAN do this!!!
WOOOHOOO - you zoomed through Phase 2 and are starting Phase 3.
tcswain is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
showgirlaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,095

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Ok. I will try to make this my last question of the day. So thankful you are putting up with us new IP'ers. Here's my question. My I have had 2 WIs with my 3rd set up for tomorrow. Last week during measurements, my coach decided to measure me a new way and stated from here on out we would stay with that. My problem is that the new way has no landmarks. She said just hold the tape measure at your biggest part for waist hips and thighs. My problem with that is there is no way to keep this consistent. What do you all think? How are you measuring. I'm thinking, I'm not really concerned with the "widest parts" as long as the numbers are measured consistently so I can see the progress. If I measure in a different place tomorrow, I may be smaller or bigger. There's no way to tell. Whatcha think?

I think measuring should be consistent. If it matters to you, discuss it with her and you remember where you want your body measured.

My coach always measured around my bust across the center. Around my wasit at the belly button. Around my abdomen at the top of my hip bones. Around my hips across the pubic bone. Around my thigh 4" down from the groin which was my thickest point. Around my bicep about 4" up from elbow joint. I have a scar on my calf and that was my marker for there. My shoulders were about an inch down from the top. My measurements were kept fairly true that way.
__________________
Carla


My Progress Photos

Taking this 10 pounds at a time!



You have to choose - eat how you want to look, or look how you want to eat...
showgirlaz is offline  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #45
Started IP August 1, 2010
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cloverdale, BC
Posts: 39

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Default

Just popping in to say Hi! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend and stayed on plan. My two sons and I went out for a nice Thanksgiving dinner at Memphis Blues Restaurant. They have the most fabulous smoked ribs that work perfectly on IP. My one son is on this program with me and we enjoy the ribs fairly often, they are Delicious!!! I am glad to say that since August 1st when I started IP I still have not cheated at all.... I'm fortunate enough that I lose more weight using two restricted foods a day instead of only one restricted, I need the extra carbs because of the enormous amount of weight I have to lose.

Today has been a great day! I felt so much slimmer when I got up and had lots of fun last night trying on smaller clothes. I'm down about 3 sizes on my top and my huge behind is slowly following.... Oh!!! I forgot to mention that I'd taken a trip to Edmonton last weekend and WOW! I fit into the airplane seat with both handles down!!! I was soooo happy

Welcome to all the newbies... you don't need to cheat!! Keep on plan and the cravings will leave, plus you'll feel so good about yourself!

Keep on losing everyone and have a great week
__________________
Edna



Mini Halloween Goal





One for every 5lbs gone!
Petclerk is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2