Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 04:01 AM   #1  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default I P Weekend Chat, October 9-10, 2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Request:]
If you've had a slip and gone off the Ideal Protein protocol (for a meal, for days or longer) and you want to share the details of that, please post it in the OOOPS thread.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Wishing you all a great strong weekend!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #3  

Default Happy weekend!

I'm going out of town to my parents' home for Thanksgiving. My mother has been so supportive -- she didn't want to try a new vegetable dish because 2 main ingredients aren't on program and one is restricted. It was really lovely of her to think about my needs and I knew that she really wanted to try this recipe. I suggested that she make it and that I be responsible for what I put in my mouth.

I think I'm down another couple of pounds this week. We shall see what the official scale says at weigh-in early next.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I'm going out of town to my parents' home for Thanksgiving. My mother has been so supportive -- she didn't want to try a new vegetable dish because 2 main ingredients aren't on program and one is restricted. It was really lovely of her to think about my needs and I knew that she really wanted to try this recipe. I suggested that she make it and that I be responsible for what I put in my mouth.

I think I'm down another couple of pounds this week. We shall see what the official scale says at weigh-in early next.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Great attitude! I'm off to see my friend that I haven't seen in 5 years and have my first breakfast out, on plan.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Nothing like the feeling of going out to dinner, pigging out (all on plan) and waking up the next a.m. and dropping 1 lb. I think I'll have a great week as it pumped me up to go exercise. Hope all have a good weekend, living in the south the weather is finally getting bearable to enjoy the outside.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Smile Hello Friends!

I have been lurking around for 3 months now. I guess it's time to introduce myself! I have been on IP for 2 months and Love it! I found this forum, like so many others, trying to dig up reasons that I shouldn't spend the time or money on 'another diet that doesn't work'. Boy, was I shocked when all I found were positive things about IP and all of the wonderful inspiration on this site. Congrats to all of you on your weight losses and your great attitudes. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips!

According to my NWI, I am down 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I know this is great because I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. Yeah!!! But, it is still frustrating that no one, who doesn't know that I have been dieting, has noticed, or at least said anything. The other frustrating thing is, my DH decided to eat like me and lose some weight. We have used alternative products for him and HIS version of the diet. (He still has beer or mixed drinks on the weekend, he can use any salad dressing he chooses, he can have peanuts or ice cream if he NEEDS it, he has to have meat with his lunch and on Fridays - he can have a breakfast burrito from some fast food place! ) This is the frustrating part - in 12 days he has lost 14 pounds!!!! My DD came home from college yesterday and says, "Dad, you've lost weight!" WTH????

I'm truly excited for both of us. We are going on another cruise in January and I hope we are both healthy and fit by then! I threw every picture of me from our last cruise away because of how terrible I looked. Looking forward to the next cruise pictures!

You are truly my IP friends, I know no one else doing IP! Keep on Posting, you guys are great!!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
I have been lurking around for 3 months now. I guess it's time to introduce myself! I have been on IP for 2 months and Love it! I found this forum, like so many others, trying to dig up reasons that I shouldn't spend the time or money on 'another diet that doesn't work'. Boy, was I shocked when all I found were positive things about IP and all of the wonderful inspiration on this site. Congrats to all of you on your weight losses and your great attitudes. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips!

According to my NWI, I am down 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I know this is great because I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. Yeah!!! But, it is still frustrating that no one, who doesn't know that I have been dieting, has noticed, or at least said anything. The other frustrating thing is, my DH decided to eat like me and lose some weight. We have used alternative products for him and HIS version of the diet. (He still has beer or mixed drinks on the weekend, he can use any salad dressing he chooses, he can have peanuts or ice cream if he NEEDS it, he has to have meat with his lunch and on Fridays - he can have a breakfast burrito from some fast food place! ) This is the frustrating part - in 12 days he has lost 14 pounds!!!! My DD came home from college yesterday and says, "Dad, you've lost weight!" WTH????

I'm truly excited for both of us. We are going on another cruise in January and I hope we are both healthy and fit by then! I threw every picture of me from our last cruise away because of how terrible I looked. Looking forward to the next cruise pictures!

You are truly my IP friends, I know no one else doing IP! Keep on Posting, you guys are great!!
Glad you checked in, and I'm very happy for you with your weight loss. Yes, it is quite frustrating to us women that men are generally able to lose weight faster and more easily!! My husband is like that, too. I could launch into a scientific explanation, but you probably have already heard it! Just keep doing what you are doing! You WILL be successful, and we are happy you are with us!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #8  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

JollyCrewzer you deserve a proper welcome even though you are hardly a newbie. Your WI success is inspiring!!
Weird that people aren't *saying* they notice your weight loss, especially when DD says something to her dad. You deserve cheers, too!

Keep your own goal of that cruise (where are you headed?) and your health right in front of you.

A cruise company should offer a cruise for IPers. Wouldn't that be awesome? Cruising the seas with someone else doing all the veggie prep and all-legal IP foods and packets to select from? Not likely, but I can dream!

I tried to multi-quote from yesterdays' thread, but wanted to tell you, Coastalcrafter, that the level of stress you are dealing with is a bit over the top. Like Tminus80 said, I'm hoping that justice will be served for your nephew.

And pumpkyparry (Marilyn), CONGRATS on your 54.75 lbs (and 5 lbs. gone in week 18) That is super exciting!
as far as starting a new thread, if you are on the main IP page, above all the helpful sticky threads, on the upper left, below the blue bar and your user cp, there is a button that says new thread. Click that and post away. [edit: I should have checked - you already figured it out as you posted your own thread last night. Enjoy all the congrats you are getting there and know your story helps everyone on here. We celebrate with you!!]

Last edited by the wonder cat; 10-09-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:

This is truly a wonderful forum, glad you have joined us!! Yes isn't it just so frustrating that men loose so much easier than us...my DH wasn't even trying but lost weight!!! Took me an extra week to get below him but now I am!!!
You will look fabulous for your cruise this time...don't worry people will start to notice your weight lose and the compliments will pour over you!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #10  

Default Wow..Medicmom!!!!

What a great 1st WI!!! You are doing fabulously, keep up the great job!!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #11  

Default Happy Thanksgiving To All The Canadian Ip'ers!!

hope you all have a wonderful weekend with Family and Friends. I am busy getting my house ready and all the IP-friendly dishes made for tomorrow!!

To my IP friends across the border, have a great weekend!!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

I had a major IP Packet OOPSIE! HA HA HA HA!

Chocolate Pancake Mix, wow, it didn't mix right, it cooked terrible, and because I didn't want to waste a packet, I ate a glob of chocolate mush with IP syrup on it. UGH! Not worth it! I should have thrown it out. Wow, I am so glad that my coach only gave me 2 of those to try, cause they are terrible.

My little guy wanted poached eggs and toast this morning, so I decided that I would have a nice sit down breakfast with him today. I should have just ate the eggs! LOL!

Thanks everyone on the congrats on the WL. I am super excited. We had family pictures done yesterday, and for months, I have really stayed away from the camera. It is only with the pictures that I realize how heavy I actually got. But am content in the fact that I am on the way to a new and healthy me.

And, BTW, I didn't manage to get the house cleaned, so I should get on that. I am feeding 8 tomorrow night, and I should probably get ready!

Thanks Journeysend for the menu ideas. I avoided doing a birthday dinner for my son last weekend because I was worried about cooking a big meal only 3 days in. I think I can do it now.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Old 10-09-2010, 11:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!
Just catching up on yesterday and this morning's posts. Congratulations on all the success', especially notable is Medicmom! Wow, 10 lbs and 10 inches in your first week - that is truly inspiring. You must be so motivated!

Coastcrafter, I'll echo everyone else that my thoughts are with you. My father-in-law and step mom-in-law are also in Florida, mid/late 80's, and we worry about them a lot.

Jollycrewzer, Welcome! It's hard to fathom how people couldn't see the difference from a size 16 to a 10, but you must feel so much better! I'm only down about 15 lbs halfway through my third week and no one has commented on my weight loss either. But I am also growing my hair longer right now, so they are saying I look great, but attributing it all to my new hair style. I've also have had quite a few comments on how my skin seems to be 'glowing' - like was preggers or something (pretty impossible since I'm in menopause...)!

Jessica, thanks for the inspiration! Wow, 60 wine tastings and still down 3.5 lbs! The event I am going to apparently has 75 different wineries present. The proper way to do it is sip and spit (though I've certainly always sipped and swallowed in the past!), so I would hope no one takes offence. I'm just looking forward to having a fun evening with my colleagues.

Well, busy, wet weekend here on the 'wet' coast. Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow at my sisters. She is very supportive and making sure there is plenty of IP friendly food for me. I'll check back in later. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Good Morning!! CC you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers! That is so much to deal with at once. To all Canadian IPers Happy Thanksgiving!!

I woke up to a cloudy, wet October morning in Montana. While beautiful sum what depressing! I love the sun. On the other hand I had a major break through this morning when I got on the scale. I finally hit the 130's, first I thanked God and then I teared up. I never thought I would see this day. My first goal when I signed up was 150, my coach said oh 145. When I got to 145 I thought why not 140 or 135. Well here I come 135. LOOK OUT. I am supposed to start phase 3 right now because I am going on island vacation in 2 weeks but I really want to get to my goal. Does anybody know if you can do phase 3 just like 10 days instead of 2 full weeks? I certainly don't want to screw up the resetting of the pancreas after all of this. Again Happy Thanksgiving and to all US friends Happy Weekend.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Good Morning all,
Well I think I am officially part of the slow losers club. 3 weeks and 10lbs down. I know that should sound good, but it just doesn't. I think about the cost per pound to get to goal and it frightens me. I think I am frustrated because our clinic has not allowed me anything off the restricted list, and no restricted veg...and no juggling of when I eat the foods. If I was losing weight faster I could understand it. But at this rate I am afraid I won't be able to afford to stay on IP until I hit goal.

On a happier note I found a good way to get my olive oil in. I mixed about a cup of ice and about 100 mls water a scoop of WF marshmallow dip and a peach mango drink. I put a tsp of olive oil in and blended it. A nice tasty creamy shake!

Have a great thanksgiving all!
Closed Thread