3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Need help with IP strategy for jury duty (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214376-need-help-ip-strategy-jury-duty.html)

Crystal88 10-08-2010 09:03 PM

Need help with IP strategy for jury duty

I have jury duty next week. I have to leave the house at about 6:30 a.m. in order to report at 8. I have no idea what is allowed in the courthouse, foodwise, or when you get breaks.

So water drinking is a challenge, as is figuring out what I can or cannot take for a meal and a snack. The parking garage is about half a mile from the courthouse, so leaving stuff in my car may not be practical.

Does anyone have experience with what you can take into a court, and what kind of breaks you get for bathroom and refreshments?

I am kind of planning on taking a couple of bars, even though that bumps up the number of restricted items I would have. And I'll drink water on the way home and in the evening to make up for the lack during the day.

willbethin2011 10-08-2010 09:51 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I have to report for jury duty Monday morning as well. I plan to drink a rtd on the way there and put a couple of bottled waters in my purse along with a bar. I'm hoping I will be done before lunch!

Crystal88 10-08-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbethin2011 (Post 3514347)
I'm wondering the same thing. I have to report for jury duty Monday morning as well. I plan to drink a rtd on the way there and put a couple of bottled waters in my purse along with a bar. I'm hoping I will be done before lunch!

Hoping for the same, but trying to plan for worst case scenario (some awful trial.)

JessLess 10-08-2010 10:35 PM

You can bring food and water into most courthouses and most sell (junk) food inside too. If you are sitting on a jury, you will not be able to eat during the hearing but you will get a lunch break. They usually order in food for jurors. You could eat your own food at that time. I would just bring water and whatever food you want in a large purse or briefcase.

msren10 10-09-2010 05:32 PM

When traveling recently I brought packets of pudding, and crisp cereal, as well as bottled water and a little bowl and just whipped it up when necessary. Rinsed out the bowl and utensils and placed it back in my bag and I was good to go. Just a thought.

Crystal88 10-11-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willbethin2011 (Post 3514347)

Willbethin - how did your jury duty go? Did you get released early as you had hoped? Were there any security issues with what you took?

willbethin2011 10-12-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal88 (Post 3517755)
Willbethin - how did your jury duty go? Did you get released early as you had hoped? Were there any security issues with what you took?

I was wrong on the day. I was scheduled to appear tomorrow and was told to call tonight for further instruction. When I called tonight it turns out that no one needed to report.
How did yours go?