Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

CC- sending a prayer your way! Take care...

Candace
Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Happy Friday Everyone!

Well it's official... I have started the cleanse. I am super excited! Is that wrong? Obviously there will be certain aspects that I won't enjoy but I can't wait to see if it has an impact and to be able to speak to the product. Wish me luck because this is a 15 day event!

Also, I think I have decided that I know what I want as a goal. Not as far as weight goes because it's a number and even though there is always a number we dictate to ourselves it will be when I feel I am done. The goal is to have a pair of high boots (like below the knee, this isn't pretty woman here!). I carry my weight everywhere and my legs have always been thick. I live for the day when I can wear a nice pair of boots!

Isn't it always the smallest things that makes us the happiest!

Enjoy your day! Love who you are today and embrace the person the want to be!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

you're in my thoughts and prayers Coastalcrafter!!!

Last edited by Brenley; 10-08-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

CoastalCrafter--you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #65  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
Carla-

Where do you find black soy beans? I have looked at our local store and do not find them. Are they the same as black beans?

thanks
wen
Hi Wen, I searched all over and finally found canned black soy beans at Whole Foods Market. Not sure if you have one near you. The brand is Eden. I believe you can also order online. I'm thinking about just doing that to save me the hassle. The black soy beans are definitely not the same as black beans. I was surprised by the difference in net carbs. I have used them in taco salad like Carla and they are yummy. Smaller and denser than regular black beans, but a good addition to the usual veggies. I might try a mix up something resembling chili next, with ground turkey, spices and some veggies. Well see how it goes as I try too keep it phase 1 compliant. Tonya
Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #66  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
quick check in.. finally got online again...Haven't read postings these past days...

I had very busy nonstop week of taking aging mom + stepdad to different dr appts DAILY..then to 2 hospitals for more tests..I started the week on the plan.. and yes I let stress get the best of me, Stepdad's cancer may have spread to the bone, and mom's thyroid is way off so she needs thy meds.. she is so tired all the time, and looks it!!!! (so I've been off the plan a few days now, but making better choices). I will begin strong again TOMMORROW!!!
Also,we just found out, police in ohio have found the 2 killers (of my nephew last year),and made arrests.
My tummy's doing flip flops right now, I know it's stress ....taking a tums and going to bed.. I appreciate if you send up a prayer for me. Thanks..Good nite!
I am so glad justice will be served for your nephew and you are able to be there for your parents. You're in my thoughts.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Hi all
wow this is a very powerful forum. I am really enjoying. Thoughts and prayer all of that have challenges over and above.

I asked in an earlier post about carbonated water and Kraft parmesan cheese, the dry "un-cheese like" kind in the green container, what is the opinion/knowledge out there on these to items? Both are 0 everything. The seltzer is no sodium as well and is flavored with essence of fruit. Sounds "fancy".
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #68  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am new and find that I am missing cheese a little. I looked on the container of Kraft Parmsan cheese and it says 0/0/0 (basically no nutritional value haha) Anyone have any thoughts if a TBSP of this on my veggies or salad "de-rail" me?
Thank you for all your experience
The material states 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. If that is the case, a sprinkle shouldn't hurt. We periodically use veggie cheese, which is not entirely 0/0/0, but hasn't hurt. The mozzarella is good and melts well on veggies. My husband, who has lost 57 lbs in 11 weeks on IP, was a huge cheesehead so we had to look for alternatives to keep him from straying.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone!

I had my 1 week WI today......

10 pounds lost

10 1/2 inches down

YAY!

I am just getting off a stretch at work, and am hoping to chat tomorrow, but for now, my messy house must come first!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian Friends.

Talk to you soon!
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Hey Everyone!

10 pounds lost

10 1/2 inches down

YAY!

I am just getting off a stretch at work, and am hoping to chat tomorrow, but for now, my messy house must come first!

Talk to you soon!
WOW!!! that is AWESOME!! You are my hero. My first WI is next Tuesday.............in the afternoon. ugh
Old 10-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I know it's stress.
Stress! I think you're holding up remarkably well, CC. That doesn't mean I don't hope things get better, reasonably quickly. I want to envision you in the pool, floating mindlessly.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Hey Everyone!

10 pounds lost

10 1/2 inches down

YAY!

Talk to you soon!
Wow! Congrats! I have to say, you're a better person than I, tonight I read the forum and my house is still a mess!!

Quote:
quick check in.. finally got online again...Haven't read postings these past days...

I had very busy nonstop week of taking aging mom + stepdad to different dr appts DAILY..then to 2 hospitals for more tests..I started the week on the plan.. and yes I let stress get the best of me, Stepdad's cancer may have spread to the bone, and mom's thyroid is way off so she needs thy meds.. she is so tired all the time, and looks it!!!! (so I've been off the plan a few days now, but making better choices). I will begin strong again TOMMORROW!!!
Also,we just found out, police in ohio have found the 2 killers (of my nephew last year),and made arrests.
My tummy's doing flip flops right now, I know it's stress ....taking a tums and going to bed.. I appreciate if you send up a prayer for me. Thanks..Good nite!
Coastal, thinking of you -- this sounds like an amazingly stressful time. I (and others on here) will be thinking of you. Take care of yourself, and make sure to do something to calm and destress yourself. The biggest stall I had in weight loss was when I was going through an amazingly stressful time. Don't beat yourself up if you slow down a bit! Take care!

JC
Old 10-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #73  

Default It's the weekend -- the weekend thread is open

The new weekend thread is open. This Friday thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new chat thread for the weekend.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #74  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
Carla-

Where do you find black soy beans? I have looked at our local store and do not find them. Are they the same as black beans?

thanks
wen
Like Tonya I find my black soy beans at Whole Foods. I have also found them at other health food stores and at sprouts markets.

You can buy them directly from Eden Organics on their website. You can also get them from other online grocerers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
The new weekend thread is open. This Friday thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the new chat thread for the weekend.
Closed Thread