Old 10-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default Since I have no vices left to abuse...

I say this half-kidding, but really at 56 (and religiously following IP since 8/11), I am left with caffeine-which I'm lucky if I can drink 2 c. of java MAYBE a day. Talk about curses vs blessings....
But here's a question for y'all: have you noticed that codeine (as in Vicoden) has the side effect of water retention? I've had to take a few doses for carpal tunnel over the past week, and am pretty sure that come Tuesday, when I weigh in and get measured, that my losses will be minimal at best. Input?
smallgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallgirl View Post
I say this half-kidding, but really at 56 (and religiously following IP since 8/11), I am left with caffeine-which I'm lucky if I can drink 2 c. of java MAYBE a day. Talk about curses vs blessings....
But here's a question for y'all: have you noticed that codeine (as in Vicoden) has the side effect of water retention? I've had to take a few doses for carpal tunnel over the past week, and am pretty sure that come Tuesday, when I weigh in and get measured, that my losses will be minimal at best. Input?
I had to laugh at the way you worded this! Just FYI, Vicoden isn't codeine though they have similar affects. (I stop breathing for codeine (usually in Tylenol 3) and can take Vicodin (hydrocodone) just fine--though I understand there is something they have in common in the way they are made.)

That being said, I haven't taken it since I've been on IP, but I did discover that the two weeks I had major dental work done and was taking large doses of ibuprofen I didn't have as good of weight loss. I don't know whether I would attribute it to the meds, which I normally don't take, or the added stress on my body dealing with the pain and torture inflicted by my dentist.

Since Vicodin works by binding to receptors in the brain and nervous system and lowers a chemical that causes pain, it is quite possible that it would affect other chemical reactions occurring in our bodies, i.e. ketosis.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

I think you are on to something marion. I have been taking T#3s this week and I really notice that no matter what I do the scales don't budge...and it is not due to constipation.
Ciebelle is offline   Reply With Quote