Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #61  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygal View Post
I'm a little frustrated that most of the inches are coming off my already thin bird legs instead of my belly! Any ideas for me?
Jay
Hey Jay, sadly, I think there is nothing that can be done about where it comes off, but I can tell you how I focused on it: I kept thinking, "Ok, if that is what THAT parts thinks it wants to look like, what will the rest of me look like when I am done?" So, keep focused on that end goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Next week is gobble gobble weekend up here in Canada. I noticed that brussel sprouts aren't on the selected veggie list. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be okay, and I can't imagine Thanksgiving dinner without them. Anyone know if they are okay to have? Also, any ideas on something to make so that I don't miss the potatoes, stuffing and gravy as much would be much appreciated!
Brussel sprouts are restricted (on my sheet) so they are ok in limited quantites for Phase 1 if you are not still in bootcamp. There are some great cauliflower mashed potatoes recipes in the thread--make them with non-fat chicken broth, etc. Drizzle a little hazelnut oil on top for a treat (cut back on your olive oil that day)
Old 10-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #62  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I just got in from a wonderful day in the yard - got most of my front yard flower beds cleaned up. The leaves are starting to fall from a big oak we have in the front but it was a beautiful day - sunny and about 21 degrees (that's about 70 for my friends south of the border).

I had the omelet for both breakfast AND lunch today - yummy, especially with added mushrooms. Can't remember if I mentioned that I discovered the WF chocolate sauce this week. I don't know how they do it (and I guess I don't want to know!) but man, is it good! I drizzle it on pudding and almost feel guilty.

Next week is gobble gobble weekend up here in Canada. I noticed that brussel sprouts aren't on the selected veggie list. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be okay, and I can't imagine Thanksgiving dinner without them. Anyone know if they are okay to have? Also, any ideas on something to make so that I don't miss the potatoes, stuffing and gravy as much would be much appreciated!
Brussels sprouts are on my sheet, just in the restricted category. AND, check out the cauliflower "mashed potatoes". I swear they're as good as the real thing, and I love mashed potatoes (except with lemon juice on them. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.)
Old 10-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Rocky and Linden! I have been browsing through the recipe thread and saw the cauliflower 'potatoes'. I think I'll try that! I'll stick to just a couple brussel sprouts and load up on good ol' broccoli.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygal View Post
Greetings! I'm bravely coming out of lurkdom to join in the fun, even though just perusing all the past posts and information could keep me busy for a very long time.

I've been following the IP protocol for 4 weeks, and have lost 16 lbs. and 12 inches. I'm a little frustrated that most of the inches are coming off my already thin bird legs instead of my belly! Any ideas for me?

I've found IP to be quite easy to follow, and I'm full enough that passing by not-allowed food hasn't been too bad. I've even survived 2 parties with some of my favorites goodies, cooking for my son's favorite birthday meal, and a road trip with potato-chip-munching friends!

Thanks to you all for all the tips and recipes you've shared, I've found a lot of help here!

Jay
Hi Jay! Congratulations on overcoming your food challenges and achieving the great weight loss!
I've only had one WI so far but most of my inches came off the upper part of my body. My coach said that seems to be most common - the bottom half following after the top half. I figure it'll all even out in the end!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! I need your help because I think that I have reached a plateau. I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day eating all of my packets and veggies but I seem to be stuck. I have lost consistently since the beginning but I'm averaging only about 2 lbs a week. My coach told me that I might be ready for Phase II this week if I lost 5 lbs but I've only lost 1 and it doesnt look like I'm going to lose anymore. Maybe I'm panicking but I've been really strict and it doesnt seem to be working. I really would appreciate any and all advice.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #66  

Default Brussel sprouts, SV, weight loss slowing near goal weight

Quote:
I noticed that brussel sprouts aren't on the selected veggie list. I can't imagine why they wouldn't be okay, and I can't imagine Thanksgiving dinner without them. Anyone know if they are okay to have? Also, any ideas on something to make so that I don't miss the potatoes, stuffing and gravy as much would be much appreciated!
I envy your BC fall day. Yesterday was grey, grim and rainy in Ontario. I'm glad you said you almost feel guilty; eating something you like that's still on the program should be a delight!

I'm glad someone likes brussel sprouts! I never liked 'em until I saw a TV chef shred them like cabbage and sauté them with olive oil and freshly ground nutmeg. My understanding is that in Phase 1, we can have up to 2 cups of the restricted veggies per week. So if you really want brussel sprouts, measure it and dig in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
He just said to walk every evening after eating supper, but nothing that would build muscle, no weights, resistance, etc. I walk for 40 mins. on the treadmill and balance myself on a big ball for 20 minutes ( commercial breaks)-his recommendation and yes, I do look like an idiot I have a friend that did this with him about 6 months ago and he is changing stuff on me (he told me to eat one restricted food a day-even in week 1) he said the protocal has changed. I wonder if he is not trying to extend the time that I have to go to pay him.
Probably the best way to take this on is to continue doing what you're doing and see how you feel. Pay attention to whether you get really hungry or have cravings. If you do, then cut back on the exercise OR add an extra packet. Everyone's body is different and responds differently. Some find the exercise stimulates appetite, others find it suppresses it, others still have both reactions and find it varies day to day and week to week. If you're willing to play around a little as if you're a scientist with your body as the lab and track what you do and how you feel, you'll probably come up with a great combination. Keeping your coach informed of your observations is probably a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well I guess Saturdays are my new weigh in days because they are the only day when I have any time anymore. lol. So down another 2 lbs. I guess that's just me 2 lb Pegsi!
One for each pound! Would you consider changing your signature to say "I have been" rather than "I am"? Heck you could even add "... and I'm learning to be my own best friend."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning all! I need your help because I think that I have reached a plateau. I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day eating all of my packets and veggies but I seem to be stuck. I have lost consistently since the beginning but I'm averaging only about 2 lbs a week. My coach told me that I might be ready for Phase II this week if I lost 5 lbs but I've only lost 1 and it doesnt look like I'm going to lose anymore. Maybe I'm panicking but I've been really strict and it doesnt seem to be working. I really would appreciate any and all advice.
Bookie you're frustrated. It's understandable, so close and it probably doesn't feel that way. If you've lost 1 lb this week, you're technically not at a plateau. Have you read the Life After Phase 1 threads -- archive/sticky and current? There are IPrs who have had weight loss slow downs pick up after going onto phase 2.

I was not going to post this because it is NOT IDEAL PROTEIN PROTOCOL. With that caveat, here we go. My weight has been hovering around the same value for the last 2-3 weeks. (212 - 210) The last few days I have had significantly more food, carbs and calories than Phase 1 recommends. Yesterday was a particularly rogue day. Given my post earlier this week about eating off program, could we say my actions and choices have been a bit hypocritical?

At today's my NWI (naked weigh-in) at home, I did a double take, stepped off the scale to see if it was reading 0 correctly and got back on. I seemingly dropped 5 lbs overnight.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-03-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #67  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I envy your BC fall day. Yesterday was grey, grim and rainy in Ontario. I'm glad you said you almost feel guilty; eating something you like that's still on the program should be a delight!

I'm glad someone likes brussel sprouts! I never liked 'em until I saw a TV chef shred them like cabbage and sauté them with olive oil and freshly ground nutmeg. My understanding is that in Phase 1, we can have up to 2 cups of the restricted veggies per week. So if you really want brussel sprouts, measure it and dig in!

Probably the best way to take this on is to continue doing what you're doing and see how you feel. Pay attention to whether you get really hungry or have cravings. If you do, then cut back on the exercise OR add an extra packet. Everyone's body is different and responds differently. Some find the exercise stimulates appetite, others find it suppresses it, others still have both reactions and find it varies day to day and week to week. If you're willing to play around a little as if you're a scientist with your body as the lab and track what you do and how you feel, you'll probably come up with a great combination. Keeping your coach informed of your observations is probably a good idea.

One for each pound! Would you consider changing your signature to say "I have been" rather than "I am"? Heck you could even add "... and I'm learning to be my own best friend."

Bookie you're frustrated. It's understandable, so close and it probably doesn't feel that way. If you've lost 1 lb this week, you're technically not at a plateau. Have you read the Life After Phase 1 threads -- archive/sticky and current? There are IPrs who have had weight loss slow downs pick up after going onto phase 2.

I was not going to post this because it is NOT IDEAL PROTEIN PROTOCOL. With that caveat, here we go. My weight has been hovering around the same value for the last 2-3 weeks. (212 - 210) The last few days I have had significantly more food, carbs and calories than Phase 1 recommends. Yesterday was a particularly rogue day. It's not ironic, perhaps hypocritical, given my post earlier this week about eating off program. More literate posters, please help me out with the right word.

At today's my NWI (naked weigh in) at home, I did a double take, stepped off the scale to see if it was reading 0 correctly and got back on. I seemingly dropped 5 lbs overnight.
Ok Now I am gonna open a can of worms here of what my coach told me ( in confidence) She said it is NOT IP Protocol but worked for HER when she stalled or hovered on the scale... she said to " eat a carb loaded food, not sugar loaded JUST ONCE.. it starts the pancreas again and gets the weight loss going again" I know every coach is different.. I'm just sharing what she said..

I am glad you dropped 5 more pounds I'm Svelting! I support everyone's losses!!!

I just think we all should stick to the protocol that DR Tien designed this diet to work medically and burn fat off our bodies!

Still packing for Fla ( doing laundry now)

Angel Blessings!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 266/253.8/166

Default I had a bad third week too, but its awesome at week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
I have been on the IP diet for almost 3 solid weeks now. I weighed myself ye sterday then this morning (both in early morning before I ate). I have gained almost a pound!! I don't understand. I have been the poster child for this diet-not eaten one thing that has been illegal-everything within legal limits, cardio every night for 40mins and the balancing ball for 20 minutes. My salt intake is the alotted 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt AND had a hysterectomy 9 years ago, so I don't have the "monthly woes" Anyone else have this happen to them?
HI Clarice,
I love your name!! Great friend has the same one. My week three I was up .2 poumds, and I was upset. However, knowing I was doing the right things and following plan I worked harder the following wee, dropped the restricted veggies from my diet and lost 6 pounds in week 4. Thats where I am today, so keep sticking with it. Eat the lower carb items, and believe you will succeed
Carol
Old 10-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 266/253.8/166

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
Ladies, I need some help with trying to eat every 3-4 hours. Everyday for me is long with three little kids. So, how do you all only eat 3 IP packets a day plus the dinner meal and still eat every 3-4 hours? Also, I eat dinner at 630 at night. How do I eat my IP snack by 8pm? Your advice is appreciated!!!
I take eat at around the same time as you do for dinner and I have my snack during the afternoon. I take my three packets to work because I hate to eat the minute I get up in the morning. I make my breakfast there, have my lunch packet around one with a giant salad and some fresh veggies , and snack around three. I would never make it through the afternoon without a snack as I was always a diet coke and cholcolate bar stress eater in the afternoon.

If I need a snack after dinner, I have some more salad or raw veggies.

The system adapt to our habits to ensure success, we can't adapt everthing to the system<

Good Luck!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #70  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

I was not going to post this because it is NOT IDEAL PROTEIN PROTOCOL. With that caveat, here we go. My weight has been hovering around the same value for the last 2-3 weeks. (212 - 210) The last few days I have had significantly more food, carbs and calories than Phase 1 recommends. Yesterday was a particularly rogue day. Given my post earlier this week about eating off program, could we say my actions and choices have been a bit hypocritical?

At today's my NWI (naked weigh-in) at home, I did a double take, stepped off the scale to see if it was reading 0 correctly and got back on. I seemingly dropped 5 lbs overnight.
I had to do a double take on the scale today too....down 3 pounds overnight. Keep it going
Old 10-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #71  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Ok here is my question. When I first started IP of course it was hard but last Tues when My daughter had her surgery I told my coach I was not going to do plan that day, but I have been back on track since wed, My tummy has been CrAzY to say the least, have any of you ever experienced that some of you long time IPers who have scheduled your time going off then back on? Just curious. I am going to try the soy nuts for my trip since they are simple I am betting they would be great with a salad. My coach was telling me that some women have made rudabegga (spelling) fries? wonder if those are any good.

Anyhow hope you all have a great sunday we are suppose to have record highs today in Wyoming but by 15th i bet we get SnOw!! ughh
Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #72  
started IP 09/23/10

S/C/G: 165/157.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Hi NCgirlie!.. where in NC do you live?.. I lived in Goldsboro many, many years ago... I was married to an Air Force man at the time... I loved it there, not sure why I've never gone back... maybe I will someday...

Exercise is a hard thing for one person to determine for somebody else... some (most?) do fine without any, but I haven't been one of those... I trained hard from the very beginning because I was trying to get in shape by the end of August for a weekend of working on the Continental Divide Trail in Colorado, & that was my priority... I followed IP protocol (almost) perfectly & that put the icing on the cake (the no-sugar kind ).. the pounds just melted off... since I stopped working out quite as intensely, the weight loss seems to have slowed... but that's just ME... one size doesn't fit all... the best advice I can give about exercise is, listen to your own body, only you can know for sure what's working & what's not...

Welcome to the best forum in cyberspace... glad you found us...

hugs
I'm in the Greensboro area, so not too terribly far from Goldsboro. Thanks for your input on exercise. Dieting alone has NEVER worked for me. I've always had to exercise. But, over the past few days, I've been exercising and the scale has gone up, not down. So, maybe I'll slow it down a bit and just do some walking for now. I really need to see those numbers move down to keep me motivated. I know I didn't gain it all in one day, but gosh darn it I want to lose it all in one day......I know, unrealistic expectations!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #73  
started IP 09/23/10

S/C/G: 165/157.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4.5 in

Default Introduction Packet?

Sorry....another question here. I've seen through posts that some have mentioned an "introduction packet". Can you tell me what exactly was in this packet? When I met with my coach (who is with a health food store), I was given 1 sheet that told me what I could and could not eat. The only other thing I got was a food journal for the week so that I could chart what I ate, water intake, exercise and vitamins. So, what am I missing out on? Thanks guys!
~Heather~
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well I guess Saturdays are my new weigh in days because they are the only day when I have any time anymore. lol. So down another 2 lbs. I guess thats just me 2 lb Pegsi! Now I go back to the start and read everyone elses successes and stories!
You are doing great!!!! 2lbs a week is 8 -10lbs a month!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirlie View Post
Sorry....another question here. I've seen through posts that some have mentioned an "introduction packet". Can you tell me what exactly was in this packet? When I met with my coach (who is with a health food store), I was given 1 sheet that told me what I could and could not eat. The only other thing I got was a food journal for the week so that I could chart what I ate, water intake, exercise and vitamins. So, what am I missing out on? Thanks guys!
~Heather~

Hi!! I don't know if the intro. packages are different in Canada from the States or from coach to coach, but with mine...i paid $354.00..I got 2 wks worth of IP food, a months supply of supplements, the shaker, food journal, a packet with the info and my 1st consultation. We don't pay for any WIs now and my coach gives us our food journals free when we need a new one.

What did you pay??
Old 10-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the advice on the exercise. I will take it easier. I weighed myself this morning and now am down 2lbs. Go figure!! I do have another question-this one is rather silly, but darn it, I can't find it! How do I get a weight loss ticker like you guys have?? I have looked in my change profile and can't find it.
Closed Thread