Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 06:09 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat Friday 11/7/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-07-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #2  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all. I retired after working in the Fed Govt for 33 yrs 8 months! Last Friday (Halloween) was my last day. I am so used to structure, I am kinda worried that I will slip back into old habbits now that I have all this time on my hands. I have been walking my neighborhood in the mornings to stay active. I hang out with friends that are already retired. For those of you that are retired, can you please give me some tips on how you manage to stay out of the kitchen Have a great day everybody
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #3  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Everyone.
Happy Friday!!
That is all
Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #4  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

I just retired too! I think the answer is to not keep stuff in the fridge that is tempting!
Old 11-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Good morning all. I retired after working in the Fed Govt for 33 yrs 8 months! Last Friday (Halloween) was my last day. I am so used to structure, I am kinda worried that I will slip back into old habbits now that I have all this time on my hands. I have been walking my neighborhood in the mornings to stay active. I hang out with friends that are already retired. For those of you that are retired, can you please give me some tips on how you manage to stay out of the kitchen Have a great day everybody
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
I just retired too! I think the answer is to not keep stuff in the fridge that is tempting!
Congrats Shathom and ratfancy on your retirements! Living the dream ladies!! Are there any hobbies you are involved with or want to learn about? My dad keeps himself busy and out of the kitchen by taking art classes and painting. He gardens and volunteers at his church and the local food bank. Lots of opportunities out there. Have fun!

Had a 2.8lb loss this week. Really hoping I can make my Labor Day to Thanksgiving goal. It will be close.

We are having a garage sale tomorrow and I will be selling much of my old clothes. I've been pulling clothes for weeks to sell but now that it's time to actually do it I am nervous. I have never had long term success on a diet. Am I crazy to let go of beautiful clothes that in some cases, have taken me years to collect? I hope I can do this. My closet sure is empty right now!

My mind must be messing with me as I had a dream about being on IP but eating a chocolate chip cookie last night. I knew I was cheating but kept telling myself the ingredients were OP. Weird.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by CenTXChk; 11-07-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #6  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Few things -

1) Bummed that the scale hasn't moved this week. I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh everyday. But I do. It's my motivation that keeps me on track. And while I've lost inches and my clothes are a little looser, I'd love to be able to say I'm down a size, but I'm not . . . 21 lbs one would think I would have gone down a size by now.

2) DO NOT like the Crispy Cereal. It is GROSS! I was being lazy and didn't take the time to figure out how to make pancakes with the packet. I purchased two packets of it based on a recipe I found . . . guess this is the price for being lazy/unmotivated this morning.

3) On an upbeat note, the girls teacher saw me last night and said that she thought I looked great! She knows that I'm doing this diet (she's doing something similar), so it made me feel really good to hear those words from someone outside of my immediate circle of friends.

Pinky
Old 11-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on your retirements, shathom and ratfancy!

CenTX, I had some really vivid food dreams when I started IP, I thought I had been sleep eating. It was scary!

Scale is finally budging down a bit. Hoping it sticks through the weekend so I can log it on Tuesday at official WI.

A bit stressed today, planning to paint the kitchen this weekend but my bf and I can not agree on a color at all. We have walnut-type cabinets with sort of a burnt orange color to them...hard to describe. He wants to do a bright green color, but all I can see is 70s burnt orange and green shag, ugh. I go for much darker moody colors, which he says is depressing. Hoping we can come to some sort of agreement.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Congrats Shathom and ratfancy on your retirements! Living the dream ladies!! Are there any hobbies you are involved with or want to learn about? My dad keeps himself busy and out of the kitchen by taking art classes and painting. He gardens and volunteers at his church and the local food bank. Lots of opportunities out there. Have fun!

Had a 2.8lb loss this week. Really hoping I can make my Labor Day to Thanksgiving goal. It will be close.

We are having a garage sale tomorrow and I will be selling much of my old clothes. I've been pulling clothes for weeks to sell but now that it's time to actually do it I am nervous. I have never had long term success on a diet. Am I crazy to let go of beautiful clothes that in some cases, have taken me years to collect? I hope I can do this. My closet sure is empty right now!

My mind must be messing with me as I had a dream about being on IP but eating a chocolate chip cookie last night. I knew I was cheating but kept telling myself the ingredients were OP. Weird.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

I too live in Central Texas, it will be a great weekend for a garage sale. Some of those rare perfect days we get here in Texas. Yes, I have those same fears that I should hold on to those clothes just in case but really this is the first diet that has worked for me that has been relatively easy to do. Maybe throwing them out there will give you added resolve and motivation which I sometimes need on a daily basis.

Went to Texas Roadhouse with my daughters last night. I so love their bread but I told my daughter if I am tempted just remind me of how well I'm doing. I wasn't really tempted and had grilled chicken, salad & green beans for my dinner. I felt good when I woke up because I had stayed OP and the scale showed a decrease.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #9  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
I hear that you can get lots of good ideas and tips from the book "The Joy of Not Working" - I am a Fed too and at the central office of GSA in DC this book has become a must read for those getting ready to retire.

I telework about 6-8 days a month and I agree that proximity to the fridge is a real problem.... It is too easy to graze throughout the day. Planning food for the day and then sticking to the plan can be helpful, but I find that putting my mind and hands, too, if possible , to work on some project or task seems to be most effective.

As a retiree you can get out of the house - check out the programs at your nearby colleges and universities - you can often audit classes for no cost, and larger schools have quite a lot of programs for seniors.

Personally - I highly recommend learning to dance - there is a great crowd of dancers out there and the seniors often have daytime/ afternoon classes and tea dances. Great way to get some extra exercise, use your mind to remember steps, and meet some fun people... And you will have some good excuses to buy more dress-up clothes for dance parties!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Few things -

1) Bummed that the scale hasn't moved this week. I know, I know, I shouldn't weigh everyday. But I do. It's my motivation that keeps me on track. And while I've lost inches and my clothes are a little looser, I'd love to be able to say I'm down a size, but I'm not . . . 21 lbs one would think I would have gone down a size by now.

2) DO NOT like the Crispy Cereal. It is GROSS! I was being lazy and didn't take the time to figure out how to make pancakes with the packet. I purchased two packets of it based on a recipe I found . . . guess this is the price for being lazy/unmotivated this morning.

3) On an upbeat note, the girls teacher saw me last night and said that she thought I looked great! She knows that I'm doing this diet (she's doing something similar), so it made me feel really good to hear those words from someone outside of my immediate circle of friends.

Pinky
I'm not seeing a loss yet this week either, and I was feeling bummed too so I measured my waist quickly this morning as I was getting ready and I am down so it was reassuring But yeah, it's always better to see the scale go down and I don't know why!

I wasn't a fan of the Crispy Cereal at first, but I add a bit of cinnamon and find that it helps.

Yay for the outside positive reinforcement that YES you are losing!!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #11  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

WI this morning and I'm down 2.4 lbs in 2 weeks. 1.2 lb per week average this close to goal....I'll take it!!

I still am bouncing around with my coach about when to phase off and my goal weight. We are just playing it by ear. I kinda want to phase off at the end of the month so I can start the new year off in maintenance but I'm not going to do that if I feel I'm not ready. I really think I'm going to try to get to 130 before I phase off but I'm not updating anything since I can't decide. Just listening to my body for now.

I was kinda hoping to be in the 130s today but I know it will come with time. I hit the 50 lbs lost mark today and I'm ecstatic about that!!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #12  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Congrats on your retirements, shathom and ratfancy!

CenTX, I had some really vivid food dreams when I started IP, I thought I had been sleep eating. It was scary!

Scale is finally budging down a bit. Hoping it sticks through the weekend so I can log it on Tuesday at official WI.

A bit stressed today, planning to paint the kitchen this weekend but my bf and I can not agree on a color at all. We have walnut-type cabinets with sort of a burnt orange color to them...hard to describe. He wants to do a bright green color, but all I can see is 70s burnt orange and green shag, ugh. I go for much darker moody colors, which he says is depressing. Hoping we can come to some sort of agreement.
How about a chocolate brown? That will definitely compliment the walnut and burnt orange.

Andi

Old 11-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Today was WI day - scale is NOT cooperating and I logged a whopping .2lb loss - had a moment of frustration, then started to look at the whole picture to try and figure it out.

1. my water intake hasn't been fantastic, particularly on the weekends. I've been drinking a LOT of herbal tea at work, but since it's hot and I sip it more slowly, I very likely haven't been drinking as many ounces as I thought i was. So I'm recommitting to more water on the weekends, and more accurate tracking of what I'm doing at work.
2. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism, and have been more symptomatic than usual lately. Fatigue is one of my pet symptoms, but when you are a full time worker, full time student, AND you're on a diet that might make you tired...it's hard to pin down whether it's a thyroid issue or something else. But I made an appointment with my doc to have my levels drawn just to be safe.
3. I haven't had TOM in a while - I think I'm coming up on 6 or 7 weeks since my last one. Noticed that I'm a little crampy this morning, so my body could be holding onto some water because of that. If my Hashi's is acting up that could also affect my cycles, so we'll see what happens in the next week or so and with my blood draw.
4. I remember vaguely hitting a stall right around this weight the last time I did IP - it might be that this is the "tipping" point, where my body resists dropping any more weight for a while. If nothing resolves with the above possible causes, it might just be that I have to push against this wall again till it falls down It'll be a good reminder in maintenance that if my weight creeps up again, I need to rein it in before I get above this weight, or it might be harder to get below it again.

It's a learning process, for sure!
Old 11-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

scorbett - I love your positive outlook. I know when the scale is not cooperating with the efforts that we are putting in that it can be frustrating. Major props to you for looking at the factors behind what it could be and not letting the frustration rule you.

I have to get on myself about drinking more water and TOM really messes me up sometimes as well. I find that I get two rounds of slower loss than my usual weeks with it, when I'm ovulating and when I'm actually on my cycle. I hit a wall in the 160 or 170s and I feel like I'm hitting another one now or maybe it's just that I'm getting closer to goal weight so the losses are going to slow up. I grow accustomed to seeing the drops and this was a 2 week WI for me so I was really expecting at least 3 lbs....that's probably my problem, I do better going in with no expectations!!

Hopefully after your TOM comes and the addition of water you will have a whoosh!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 11:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I am with you scorbett! I have been at this weight going up and down for the past month or so. I am trying to figure out why my body wont let go of the weight, is it my hashimotos..slowed metabolism...body set point...it is frustrating!!!
Closed Thread