Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/163/110

Height: 5 1

Default How much have you lost per month on average?

Hi there. Just curious...how much have you lost on average, per month? I have done Dr. Bernstein and averaged 15-20 pds./month and wondered if this is comparable. Any replies would be appreciated!!
fiesty1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #2  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

If I average it out it come to about 5.5 pounds a month cause the smaller u get the less u lose monthly..But I started out 1st month 13lbs, second month 10lbs, 3rd month 10 lbs also, then down to like 9lbs to 8lbs & so on A month Now down to 2 to 0...Trying to maintain now though & just tone up.
Started losing November 11th 2008 (had lost 89 pounds my first year) and now 116.1 in total ~Will be 2 years This November 11th 2010.~Hope that all made since.

Ooops editing to say I am a calorie counter sorry!!!!!

Last edited by Lori259; 10-01-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #3  

I reached my goal of losing 45 lbs in a little over 4 months; therefore, I lost on average 10-12 lbs per month. In the same period I lost over 40 inches as well and went from a tight size 13-14 pant to a loose 7-8.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

My Diet of Choice was: Ideal Protein a medically designed low carb, low fat, ideal protein level (moderate to high) with a controlled level of calories

I was on the plan from November to May I lost 90 pounds so, 15 pounds per month on average.

What I found was my average changed after week 16. I lost an average of 4 pounds per week the first 16 weeks then I lost an average of 3 pounds per week for the next 5 weeks then I lost the last 11 pounds at 1.5 pounds per week. After that, my body stopped losing. I stayed on program another 6 weeks with only 2 pounds total lost. At that point, I figured my body needed a break.

From week 12 on my body was really struggling and I had all kinds of side effects. I experienced major hormone disruption, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, nausea, intense hunger (not cravings just extreme hunger), severe chills or feelings of being cold, receding gums, loose teeth, significant hair loss, mood swings and in appropriate levels of emotions (especially anger or sadness), my menstrual cycle was crazy every 20 days and lasted 10 days with lots of pain, and I had constipation for the first time in my life.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SIDE EFFECTS except the menstrual cycle reversed themselves after 1 month off the plan. I am still growing the hair back and the menstrual cycle is correcting slowly. I never did go back to the "normal for me" bowel activity. I still tend more often towards the constipation. That may simply be because I didn't go back to eating the super fatty and carby diet. I have kept my carbs low and have been eating more like a phase 3 during my "break".

On the positive side: I already had great blood work, no diabetic or pre-diabetic issues, and normal blood pressure and cholesterol. I did have the early start of hypothyroidism. During this program my blood work improved dramatically (my doctor was so excited!) my cholesterol levels are now very low(total cholesterol is 86), my blood pressure is low (90/64), my resting heart rate went form 90 to 58, my thyroid function improved to an almost normal level. I also stopped snoring at night and my repeat sleep study showed my mild sleep apnea symptoms were gone. I had developed severe acid reflux before following the program and today it is also gone; no more meds for me. All of my joint pain is gone and the inflammation and trigger points that I was told were "fibromyalgia" by a rheumatologist are also gone. I had tinnitus very bad for the past 17 years. That has also nearly disappeared. AND, that yucky cellulite on my legs, tummy, and a bit on my arms... yep, all but gone.. (I still have some on my fanny but I still need to lose another 30 pounds). BEST PART: NO saggy, loose skin! So many people say "I would never know you were fat! Your skin looks great!"

I have given it a lot of thought. I am one of just a few people who experienced the side effects while losing weight. Most do not experience all of these "side effects". It might have made me think twice to realize what I could experience had I known before hand. Even so, GIVEN ALL I KNOW TODAY, I WOULD DO IT AGAIN! It was the easiest diet I have ever been on and, NOW, I feel GREAT!

In fact, I am CHOOSING to do it again. I have another 30 to 35 pounds I want to take off. The sooner it is done the better but my goal for this 30 to 35 to be off by the end of March 2011. Even if I only lose a pound a week, I can get there. I hope to have it off soon but what matters most to me is getting it done.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-01-2010 at 01:17 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #5  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I do IP but with out the IP food. my extra protein comes from EAS and Aykins shakes and Pure protein, catkins and supreme protein bars. I have lost 40 lbs in three months. most of it came off the first six weeks, now I lose about two lbs per week. more details on my blog link at the left.
I went from busting out of a size 18 to a comfy 12 so far and am very pleased with this diet!

Last edited by CheeseCake4me; 10-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #6  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

I am also on the Ideal Protein program and have been for 10 weeks. My weekly average is 4.7 pounds. so, if you count four weeks to be a month, my monthly average is 18.8lbs. I have lost 47 lbs to date with little to no side effects. I have not strayed from the program, which is pretty structured, and have not had any restricted Ideal Protein foods, both of which I feel make a difference.
Tminus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

3 months for a total of 35 pounds. It averages out to 2.5 lbs. a week. I am thinking about switching from strictly IP products to Lindora and Carb Control EAS drinks. I think I will still do fine.
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

I have been on the plan for 4 weeks and have lost 13 lbs.
nursemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

I have been on plan from April till Sept lost so far 50lbs so about 10lbs a month.
hunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
My Diet of Choice was: Ideal Protein a medically designed low carb, low fat, ideal protein level (moderate to high) with a controlled level of calories

I was on the plan from November to May I lost 90 pounds so, 15 pounds per month on average.

What I found was my average changed after week 16. I lost an average of 4 pounds per week the first 16 weeks then I lost an average of 3 pounds per week for the next 5 weeks then I lost the last 11 pounds at 1.5 pounds per week. After that, my body stopped losing. I stayed on program another 6 weeks with only 2 pounds total lost. At that point, I figured my body needed a break.

From week 12 on my body was really struggling and I had all kinds of side effects. I experienced major hormone disruption, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, nausea, intense hunger (not cravings just extreme hunger), severe chills or feelings of being cold, receding gums, loose teeth, significant hair loss, mood swings and in appropriate levels of emotions (especially anger or sadness), my menstrual cycle was crazy every 20 days and lasted 10 days with lots of pain, and I had constipation for the first time in my life.

ALL OF THE ABOVE SIDE EFFECTS except the menstrual cycle reversed themselves after 1 month off the plan. I am still growing the hair back and the menstrual cycle is correcting slowly. I never did go back to the "normal for me" bowel activity. I still tend more often towards the constipation. That may simply be because I didn't go back to eating the super fatty and carby diet. I have kept my carbs low and have been eating more like a phase 3 during my "break".

On the positive side: I already had great blood work, no diabetic or pre-diabetic issues, and normal blood pressure and cholesterol. I did have the early start of hypothyroidism. During this program my blood work improved dramatically (my doctor was so excited!) my cholesterol levels are now very low(total cholesterol is 86), my blood pressure is low (90/64), my resting heart rate went form 90 to 58, my thyroid function improved to an almost normal level. I also stopped snoring at night and my repeat sleep study showed my mild sleep apnea symptoms were gone. I had developed severe acid reflux before following the program and today it is also gone; no more meds for me. All of my joint pain is gone and the inflammation and trigger points that I was told were "fibromyalgia" by a rheumatologist are also gone. I had tinnitus very bad for the past 17 years. That has also nearly disappeared. AND, that yucky cellulite on my legs, tummy, and a bit on my arms... yep, all but gone.. (I still have some on my fanny but I still need to lose another 30 pounds). BEST PART: NO saggy, loose skin! So many people say "I would never know you were fat! Your skin looks great!"

I have given it a lot of thought. I am one of just a few people who experienced the side effects while losing weight. Most do not experience all of these "side effects". It might have made me think twice to realize what I could experience had I known before hand. Even so, GIVEN ALL I KNOW TODAY, I WOULD DO IT AGAIN! It was the easiest diet I have ever been on and, NOW, I feel GREAT!

In fact, I am CHOOSING to do it again. I have another 30 to 35 pounds I want to take off. The sooner it is done the better but my goal for this 30 to 35 to be off by the end of March 2011. Even if I only lose a pound a week, I can get there. I hope to have it off soon but what matters most to me is getting it done.
I love reading your posts Carla - always such good information. At my heaviest I was almost the same as you. At this point my goal is 160, but I wonder if ultimately I don't need to get even lower. But, if I do, like you, I think I'll have to take a break in there. I hope I don't get the side effects you have suffered from. I am on blood pressure meds and want to get off those. My blood sugar was creeping up, so IP will certainly rectify that!

I know I kind of got off track for this thread. I've only been on this diet for less than 2 weeks. I lost 9 lbs in my first week and I'm looking for 4 - 5 for next WI on Tuesday (I'm at least 1/2 way there now). The inches gone and body fat loss are terrific too!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

I averaged 14 pounds per every 4 weeks, probably 16 pounds per calendar "month." This average includes straight to my goal, where the loss slowed down a little as I approached goal.
KelleyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I lost 52.6 pounds in 5 months and 1 week. That's an average of 3 pounds a week, but many weeks I lost nothing and other weeks I'd lose a lot. Also, as get closer to goal, my weight loss slows down.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #13  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I'm averaging 3 pounds a week.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #14  

I've been on IP since mid may and it's now Oct 2 and have lost 80 pounds.

This puts the average at about 17-18 per month.

Both my wife and I are on the diet, we are very strick and have only had two cheat days during this time (our anniversary and a combined cheat day for our birthdays).
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

31 lbs in 54 days so far = 4 lbs per week. My sister lost 42 lbs in 3 months on IP.
loves2swim is offline   Reply With Quote