Old 11-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Traveling and IP

Today I am traveling to University of S Alabama for baseball with my son, about an 11 hr trip. I'm nervous about the veggies! I precooked some things before I left but I won't have access to a microwave around dinner. I plan to get the grilled nuggets at chick fila but even a salad won't fulfill my veggie requirement. I made some muffins with zucchini foe breakfast tmrw along with cinnamon apple zucchini but then I'm stuck back in the car until I get to college stop 2 in Nashville, TN.

I'm ridiculously anxious over this! I have had a grea OP week in anticipation of this being my 1lb or less week, so I don't want to give my body any excuse to tear me down mentally! :
BStr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #2  

It might be too late, but I slice zucchini into discs and bake them with a little pam under and spices on them and they are like chips. I take them in little containers and can snack on them for my veggies. 2 cups ends up being a lot smaller after cooking, but they are delicious. Also, if you have jicama available, cut it up into sticks. It is yummy and tastes a bit like apple (I sprinkle with cinnamon).

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Celery sticks travel well as does bell pepper cut into strips, buy a small package of baby cucumbers - that works well too. bring baggies to stash them in. You should even be able to go into a grocery store and pick up a few mushrooms (wash under a tap) and a chunk of cauliflowerets. I know it's all raw, but at least you will get your veg and its only temporary.

I always have a jackknife and a spork in the car in a baggie along with wetwipes and sanitizing gel (in case I can't get to wash up my hands first).

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote