How much have you lost per month on average?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I have been on IP for 6 weeks and my average weekly loss is 5lbs. So 30lbs in 6 weeks has been amazing very happy with this plan.
  • 16.8 lbs my first month and I'm hoping for 13.2 this month (my 2nd) for a total of 30 lbs gone FOREVA!! It's pretty amazing...
  • I have been on the plan for two months and have lost 30 pounds......what does your meal plan look like for a week....... want to try to lose 4-5 pounds a week..
  • Quote: I have been on the plan for two months and have lost 30 pounds......what does your meal plan look like for a week....... want to try to lose 4-5 pounds a week..
    You've lost 15lbs a month (3.75 lbs per week average). That is an AMAZING trend of losses. Every body is going to let go of the weight differently, and you cannot "game" the system to lose more than your body will allow - in fact, MANY people who do so find that their losses STALL.

You will also find that as you get closer to your goal weight, losses may slow down a bit - it's because your body is smaller, and requires less calories to function. So the difference between what you take in on IP and what your body needs gets smaller.

If you are following the IP protocol 100%, the weight will come off and much faster than most other diets!

I know this thread was started with the intention to motivate - but I get frustrated when I see folks with fantastic losses that STILL aren't satisfied, because they are comparing themselves with other people. Nobody's body chemistry is exactly the same, everyone is on a different journey - don't try to fit yourself into someone else's mold!
  • I have been following IP and using alternatives since July 11. To date, I have lost 30 lbs. and have 29 to go to reach my goal. So, that amounts to less than 10 lbs. a month. . . . which in my book is grrrrrreat!
  • I am not comparing myself to anyone else nor am I saying I'm not satisfied with what I have loss.....just setting a goal for myself...
  • Quote: I am not comparing myself to anyone else nor am I saying I'm not satisfied with what I have loss.....just setting a goal for myself...
    I understand - but you are close to 4lbs a week, that is on the high end of the average weekly loss on IP. Trying to game the diet for more than that isn't realistic as a goal. Ambitious goals only get you so far if your body chemistry isn't designed to meet them - and it will hurt your long term success on ANY diet.
  • Jewel

You can set all the goals you like, your body will lose weight and/or inches perfectly randomly.

It isn't just about what you put into your mouth, it's about what your hormones are doing, whether you are retaining fluid, whether your body gets into solid ketosis production or has swings after any carb intake, how much healthy bacteria you have in your gut .... do you see what Scorbett means?

Every single one of us is biologically unique. Your body will not lose according to a pattern that YOU set it. Have a goal, but don't be disappointed if you either exceed it or fall short.

If you pull out a tape measure and record inch differences as well as weight losses you may feel more satisfied that this diet is worthwhile, rather than frustrated at not losing as quickly as you'd like.

Many of us started out losing the 4-5 a week when we're at our heaviest, but as our bodies adapts to the dual-fuel system of carbs and ketones they will learn some sneaky tricks about how to hold onto fat as we get closer to goal.
  • I am certainly on the lower side of the spectrum...averaging 5lbs a month. I was losing 10 a month early on and it quickly waned after 3 months. The past two months have been trials in not letting the slow down get me too frustrated.
  • Averaging 10-11 lbs a month...though progress is definitely slowing down...thinking this month will be more like 6-7 lbs
  • I have been on IP since August 28 and at my weigh in on Monday I was 35 pounds down. Today, that is probably closer to 37 pounds. So. I am averaging 18 pounds a month. . I also go for long walks with my dog every day -- it helps me de stress from homework.
  • I've been on IP since 2.26, so a little over 8 mos. I've lost 59 lbs. That averages out to 7.38 lbs per month. BUT..some months were 5 lbs, some were 9. It's totally random. But the total is what I look at.
  • Quote: Hi there. Just curious...how much have you lost on average, per month? I have done Dr. Bernstein and averaged 15-20 pds./month and wondered if this is comparable. Any replies would be appreciated!!
    My average is 3 lbs per week so 12 lbs per month.
  • I guess you guys in IP can lose a bit faster than the 2 pounds recommendation... impressive! Keep up the good work, everyone. It's tough but so exciting!

I calorie count and I feel very in control of how much I'm losing. My goal is 3 pounds per month - nice and slow - and looking at the scribble that is my weight-loss chart, my peak weights are down exactly 3 pounds from one month ago.

I had a DXA scan to find out my base metabolic rate and lean mass, and my activity level is very regular (I walk 20 mins each way to/from work, not much else unless I go out, which always involves walking so I log it and eat the extra calories). So I'm eating 2100 calories per day, and trying to keep my average as close as possible. Since I've switched to (mostly) whole foods it's sometimes hard to eat enough! ...sometimes.
  • Per month it is 10 pounds. Not shabby!