Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
On an ubeat note, let me sign off with an NSV that actually took away the "sting" of just missing my 50 lbs weight loss by 1/4 of a lb. After work today I went to Marshall's to try on pants...my first time since starting IP on June 4, 2010. Well, after going in and out of the dressing room 3 times, I left the store with two pairs of pants in a SIZE 12 petite!!!!! It that doesn't prove that this program really works, I give up...Down from a size 1X in 17 weeks. I need to pinch myself. Marilyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I had a NSV today -- one of the reasons I went on IP was not only to lose weight, but to also get my blood pressure under control. This morning when I took my blood pressure it was 117/77 -- that is good for me b/c I usually run much higher than that.
Gotta love the NSV's!!! Way to go ladies!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #92  

Default Severe stomach pain and indigestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Calling all experienced IPers! I am in my 7th week, and for the past 7 days I have been suffering with persistent to severe stomach pain and indigestion. I have eliminated CAL MAG, for the past 2 days but the discomfort continues. I have continued chugging along, but my coach didn't offer me anything but lay off the CAL MAG. Any Ideas? I am doing so well, but I am beginning to be concerned. ANY and All information will be appreciated.
7 days is a long time to suffer with severe pain. Have you sought medical attention? In the last two months a few people have posted that while being on IP they have discovered food sensitivities. If I recall correctly, the symptoms weren't dissimilar from yours. Issues have been whey, soy, and sweeteners.

Think about what you might be sensitive to. Maybe a family member has some food allergies?

My first thought is to have a meal, preferably breakfast because it will have been 10-12 hours since your last food, that is not an IP packet. Try having 1 whole egg with 2 egg whites -- scrambled, omelet, whatever.

Notice what happens to your symptoms in the next few hours. If your pain increases or stays the same, get thee to a medical professional!

If pain decreases, then try a packet that has only one of the potential offenders (whey, soy, sweetener). See if you can figure it out by a process of elimination. Coastalcrafter did something like this to narrow down that the sucralose was the cause of her migraines.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-02-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #93  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not at all sure how I got caught in the cross fire regarding cheats, but I seem to be there given the PMs I've received. The only thing I can think of is my bumping the cheat thread. Someone, somewhere on here today mentioned the thread and it occurred to me that, with all the new members here recently, that they might not even know it existed. Hence the bump.

It was not meant as an accusation, or a criticism, or anything else, for that matter. Unlike Bretley ("If you're someone that is not sympathetic to "cheaters" then just don't respond to the post, easy as that."), I don't believe in censorship although I respect her right to state her opinion. I think everybody has a right to post something that they have thought about a great deal and feel strongly about. And I've not taken a stand for either side.

Like most people, I'd rather not be attacked for something I haven't done.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

I've almost completed 3 weeks of IP. I have never in my life chosen such a radical and structured way of eating. I almost can't believe that I have not cheated once. Tonight was my first time having dinner out (at a friends). She grilled steak and I brought the steamed broccoli! LOL. I was going to make sure I had my IP approved meal! Then everyone ate Marble Slab Ice Cream and I brought my IP chocolate pudding. Every day I stay strong gets me closer to my goal!!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #95  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I've been lurking here for a long time and have seen this same thing hashed over many times.

I think the thing that many posters are asking is that if you cheat to not explain in explicit detail the foods you cheated with. For many people this can be a trigger for them to want to cheat.

I know for myself I will not even be thinking about a particular off limits food but someone will post in detail what they cheated with and that triggers my thoughts to---I haven't had that in a long while and it sure sounds good.

So in respect for other people I think it would be nice if the cheating talk would stay on the ooops thread.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Calling all experienced IPers! I am in my 7th week, and for the past 7 days I have been suffering with persistent to severe stomach pain and indigestion. I have eliminated CAL MAG, for the past 2 days but the discomfort continues. I have continued chugging along, but my coach didn't offer me anything but lay off the CAL MAG. Any Ideas? I am doing so well, but I am beginning to be concerned. ANY and All information will be appreciated.
Have you had regular BM'? Are you taking the IP enzymes? I went through similar symptoms all of last week and I am better now. I don't think it was IP, I think it was just my stomach or a bug going around. Hope it goes away soon if not I would go to the doctor if I was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Hi All! Here's to a forum of information and encouragement. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend filled with success. I know that I will need shoulders to lean on for support and I find that in reading the posts in this forum. Let's keep it positive and informative.

Blessings to you all!

Melissa
You said that beautifully and I totally agree, here's to a great weekend everyone!!!

Quote:
I had a NSV today -- one of the reasons I went on IP was not only to lose weight, but to also get my blood pressure under control. This morning when I took my blood pressure it was 117/77 -- that is good for me b/c I usually run much higher than that. I have only been on IP for one week - I have my first WI tomorrow and can't wait to see the results
IP is so great, congratulations on the NSV can't wait to hear about your WI tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin135 View Post
I've been lurking here for a long time and have seen this same thing hashed over many times.

I think the thing that many posters are asking is that if you cheat to not explain in explicit detail the foods you cheated with. For many people this can be a trigger for them to want to cheat.

I know for myself I will not even be thinking about a particular off limits food but someone will post in detail what they cheated with and that triggers my thoughts to---I haven't had that in a long while and it sure sounds good.

So in respect for other people I think it would be nice if the cheating talk would stay on the ooops thread.
Again I totally agree, lets here about everyone's victory's!!! My big vicotory today was getting into 2 size 6 pair of capri's. Yes they are a bit tight, but not to tight to wear!! The extra tummy skin is a slight problem. Yukky and ugly. I am so amazed. This is the best thing that has ever happened in my life, wow. Tomorrow we are going to go to a kinda farmers market here in AZ hope to get some great fresh veggies!!! Once again happy Friday everyone and have a fantastic weekend!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

So excited..picked up my order of WF today. I ordered a bunch because I was online and wanted to make it worth it. Can't wait to try it all....not all at once though...

I don't think that qualifies as a NSV but it is exciting..and some new flavours!

Have a great weekend all!
Blessings,
Cie
Old 10-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #98  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I think it's getting much to dramatic in here. The cheating post was made for people to discuss specific cheats, i don't think we need to be pushing everyone to that thread who mentions the word cheat in their post.
If you're someone that is not sympathetic to "cheaters" then just don't respond to the post, easy as that.
It's really not as easy as that. As if it's not already clear, I'm someone who is not sympathetic to cheating. I don't appreciate being told, even as kindly as you did it, to "shut up and mind your own business." I know you didn't say it like that, and that I'm hyperbolizing. But I have no intention of remaining silent when something should be said.

As I stated earlier, if you want to cheat, go ahead and cheat. Seriously. It's your life. Do what you want. Just don't wander in here and expect the rest of us to throw you a pity party. I don't care if that bothers people and they think I'm an a**. I am an a**. I'm fine with that. If you don't like that I'm an a**, that's not my problem. My self-worth is not based on what others think of me.

Yep. I'm an a** and I speak my mind. And I'm an a** who won't be cheating this weekend, or next week, or next month. I hope that clears it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I had no intention of causing conflict. I needed, for my own recovery and success, to post my opinion and what I was feeling. I was hoping that it would be an inspirational type message and encouragement for anyone that was having difficulties. I know what was in my heart and for those that think they do, I offer my sincerest apologies.
I appreciate your very genuine post, and I accept all of the blame for causing conflict. In fact, that might have even been my intention. If some of you feel that has been the case, I offer you the following apology:

I'm so sorry you chose to become bothered or upset by what I wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm not at all sure how I got caught in the cross fire regarding cheats, but I seem to be there given the PMs I've received. The only thing I can think of is my bumping the cheat thread. Someone, somewhere on here today mentioned the thread and it occurred to me that, with all the new members here recently, that they might not even know it existed. Hence the bump.

It was not meant as an accusation, or a criticism, or anything else, for that matter. Unlike Bretley ("If you're someone that is not sympathetic to "cheaters" then just don't respond to the post, easy as that."), I don't believe in censorship although I respect her right to state her opinion. I think everybody has a right to post something that they have thought about a great deal and feel strongly about. And I've not taken a stand for either side.

Like most people, I'd rather not be attacked for something I haven't done.
I didn't start it, but I did escalate it. Feel free to PM me, instead of Linden, with your concerns, comments and criticisms. You're welcome to attack me on here or in private. Bring it on!

In the meantime, I have to see a guy about an aardvark. Mine expires next Tuesday, and I can't find my lucky bottle cap.

Last edited by salesgod; 10-02-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:06 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, so I've been thinking about the spiral of this thread today, and I wasn't going to comment, but I think I will.

Some history: When I first started here shortly after I began IP, this same conversation was had by some people who are and some who are no longer posting regularly. I, frankly, was so turned off that I nearly thought I wouldn't return all that often. But then, I thought the final solution was brilliant, so I kept coming back. And I'll say, I credit my success 100% to the time and energy I've spent here. The shared knowledge is incredible.

So, here was the solution, although I can't find the post to link to it.

Although she did it much more eloquently than I'm going to, Carla simply asked everyone to stop, and started a new thread for that week. (We were still weekly then). She reminded people to be positive, then started the Ooops thread.

So, how about we take the rest of the evening off (I'm not going to start a new thread, I'm Smelting does it so much better) and start again tomorrow fresh. I loved the talk about NSV's and food choices, and how people get around sticky situations. I love to hear about the scale victories and the department store clothing victories, and the amazement of your friends and family.

Cheats go on the cheat thread, you may be new here and not know that. That's ok, but now you do.

So, everyone breathe, start new tomorrow and have a lovely rest of the evening. (Well, it's 11:03 here in Oregon, so it's probably just me and Linden left anyway!)

JC
Old 10-02-2010, 02:16 AM   #100  
Dave - The Speedo King

It may be late but I'm still here. Been breathing the whole time too!
Old 10-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #101  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I had a NSV today -- one of the reasons I went on IP was not only to lose weight, but to also get my blood pressure under control. This morning when I took my blood pressure it was 117/77 -- that is good for me b/c I usually run much higher than that. I have only been on IP for one week - I have my first WI tomorrow and can't wait to see the results
That is fabulous! Let us know how your WI goes tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Again I totally agree, lets here about everyone's victory's!!! My big vicotory today was getting into 2 size 6 pair of capri's. Yes they are a bit tight, but not to tight to wear!! The extra tummy skin is a slight problem. Yukky and ugly. I am so amazed. This is the best thing that has ever happened in my life, wow. Tomorrow we are going to go to a kinda farmers market here in AZ hope to get some great fresh veggies!!! Once again happy Friday everyone and have a fantastic weekend!!!!
Whoo hoo! Great job My coach told me that the IP products with the collagen should help with the skin. Hopefully that's true. Either way enjoy those HOT looking pants.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:09 AM   #103  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Can you give me your thoughts on pepperoni? I'm under the assumption it's not allowed, but really need to understand why! Thanks!
not allowed. it is high in sodium, nitrates, nitrites, and fat. You can get away with it... but it would be off protocol

Quote:

Please see your Doctor and not your coach for this.
I could be totally off base but, without more information, you are describing gallstone symptoms. If you are losing weight very quickly gall stones are a common side effect and do, even have, occured for some persons on this diet.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 AM   #104  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
So, everyone breathe, start new tomorrow and have a lovely rest of the evening. (Well, it's 11:03 here in Oregon, so it's probably just me and Linden left anyway!)

JC
Well, almost the only ones. Just so nobody thinks I'm in a snit, I'm closing tonight and opening tomorrow's thread to spell I'm Swelting! again. Oh shoot, why can't I get that right!!! I'm Svelting! And thanks, Dave.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:28 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

I'm sorry my post was so misunderstood. I don't want anyone to "shut up and mind their own business", rather I was stating that it is not necessary to respond to every post. I'm of the "if you don't have something nice to say dont say nothing at all" mindset. Perhaps I've watched too much Bambi.
Closed Thread