Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #31  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

congrats on reaching mini goals this week! I have had a tough time this week. Haven't cheated at all but have been so stressed with school work and boy problems that I have hardly eaten anything. On the plus side I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. I think I can still save the week this weekend if I'm extra strict. I've lost 3 and 4 lbs. just over the weekend before. Everyone with me on having and awesome cheat free/ perfect protocol weekend?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #32  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Everyone with me on having and awesome cheat free/ perfect protocol weekend?
This weekend I'll do it! My DH will have to make the cinnamon rolls.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
[NSV ... After only 60 plus days of being on I.P. (and with lots of prayer) I am allowing myself to feel my emotions!! And guess what I am surviving the feelings. They aren't killing me or overwhelming me, I'm level headed and coping!! Thank you I.P.
That is a great NSV, one that will make a huge difference for your eating and more importantly -- every relationship in your life!

me ... I think I might be one of the unlucky ones who is gets hit with hair loss. I noticed it yesterday in the shower, and today it seems every other minute my desk has stray hair on it. In the last few years, I have resolved a long-standing scalp/hair issue, but am not back to 100%. So losing more hair? Not terribly appealing to me. On the other hand, I've often mused aloud about shaving my head.

If it continues -- or god forbid, accelerates -- over the weekend, I'll be moving to phase 2 or maybe even 3 PRONTO to minimize my hair losses. Doing so will probably slow my weight loss. It's not that difficult a choice, I'm within range of where I wanted to be in 12-13 weeks and I always had a plan to move on after that. The shift may just happen a couple weeks before I intended it originally.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #34  

Quote:
congrats on reaching mini goals this week! I have had a tough time this week. Haven't cheated at all but have been so stressed with school work and boy problems that I have hardly eaten anything. On the plus side I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. I think I can still save the week this weekend if I'm extra strict. I've lost 3 and 4 lbs. just over the weekend before. Everyone with me on having and awesome cheat free/ perfect protocol weekend?
I'm with you too!..

Best wishes to you for a less-stressful weekend... my best fellow tells me I overthink things & that's why I get stressed out... & he's right (as much as I hate to admit it), so when I find myself stressing, I start paying attention to how much I'm overthinking something... then I can usually put the brakes on that & settle down... I don't know if you're this way, but it's nothing new for me... he says I'm as much a ditzy blonde as I was 40 years ago... but he also says he still loves me for that very reason!.. can't lose in a deal like that!..

NSV last week: While I was in Colorado, I got to see my favorite uncle... he told me I was "lookin' young & pretty!".. he got an extra hug for that!..

hugs
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
kaarin & sheila ~ the rest of the evening I hungrily ate my salad and celery while she threw down heaps of chicken wings talking about good carbs and bad carbs and her next Body Combat class. I just stayed quiet and said "well I think this will work for me".

And YES, my shrinking backside will be the proof in a month or so. I've got to stick with it now to prove to her if nothing else! LOL
You go girl! I look forward to reading the continuing saga as you have great results. The proof is in the (Ideal Protein) pudding!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
My good friend who has been on WW for 5 years...

Sheila. What does this tell you about her "success"?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Definitely...I am on board for a perfect non-cheat weekend!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Well today is WI today. I feel way better today!! Hope you all have a great day!!
I'm so happy to hear that you ar feeling better. Ipray that you have an awesome WI!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #39  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I'm with you too!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Definitely...I am on board for a perfect non-cheat weekend!!!
I'm in with you all, but I am also mindful of the worthwhile post Dave wrote, Sunday, I think, about "cheating" not even being an option.

For me, cheating is not a choice I will even consider. The no-cheat pledge from last weekend did help me and I thought of you all all weekend long every time I prepared my IP meals and drank my water. But I agree with Dave; my goal will be perfect protocol (trademark = rachel13!). And thinking of all of you helps me, so Go, Team, Go!!

by the way, I'm having a very busy time at work and starting Monday, I am going to be slammed at work for about 10 days (doing the job of 2 people as a co-worker is on vacation). But, never fear, you may not hear from me, but I end every day reading the days' chat for my 3FatChix-on-Ideal-Protein fix. Keeps me honest and I can't thank you enough
Old 09-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
MINI-GOAL #1 : Weigh less than my husband. - -> Reached TODAY!!!!!!

I'm so happy! Today I weight 1 pound less than my husband and that has not happened in 15 years!!!!
YAY for you!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning all! Great losses everyone!( group cheer! where's MotherDuck's chant?)

Sngn4God- welcome!!!! This is my first BLOG as well. I actually found this forum after much prayer. I Know The Holy Spirit led me to this diet and this group.. Great group here. Informative/supportative and loving. We are connected by the same challenge, more fat on out bodies than we need. It's as simple as that. Each of us have our own individual stresses of how we got this way, but how beautiful we met here, supporting each other with the proper dietary knowledge now to get us to where we need to be which is a HEALTHY WEIGHT. The joy of weight loss is wonderful But the rediscovering of one's true self is awesome!!! The journey is incredible...just take it one meal at a time..

( Ok, I hope I didn't sound corny.. )
You didn't sound corny at all. I'm glad to see so many believers in Christ on this forum! Many blessings coming your way.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #42  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
I am with you for the no cheat weekend and the stress of homework.
My DH signed me up to work 3 hours and a chili cook off, and it is my DD
b-day this weekend. I know I can make it through except for the signing me up for the chili cook off my DH and family is supportive.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #43  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
MINI-GOAL #1 : Weigh less than my husband. - -> Reached TODAY!!!!!!

I'm so happy! Today I weight 1 pound less than my husband and that has not happened in 15 years!!!!
That's awesome! I won't ever make that goal because my husband is a small guy and I'm a big girl, but he had started to gain some weight and I pointed out to him that the goal was not for us to meet in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning all! Great losses everyone!( group cheer! where's MotherDuck's chant?)

Sngn4God- welcome!!!! This is my first BLOG as well. I actually found this forum after much prayer. I Know The Holy Spirit led me to this diet and this group.. Great group here. Informative/supportative and loving. We are connected by the same challenge, more fat on out bodies than we need. It's as simple as that. Each of us have our own individual stresses of how we got this way, but how beautiful we met here, supporting each other with the proper dietary knowledge now to get us to where we need to be which is a HEALTHY WEIGHT. The joy of weight loss is wonderful But the rediscovering of one's true self is awesome!!! The journey is incredible...just take it one meal at a time..

( Ok, I hope I didn't sound corny.. )
Thank you for sharing. I know what you mean. I feel like God has lifted a burden from me with this diet and all I have to do is say yes healthy and no unhealthy to be faithful to receive His blessings.

Quote:
Okay, I've encountered my first naysayer. I wanted to shout "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" She's my best friend and is taking courses to be a certified Personal Trainer. I'm getting so sick of her acting like she knows every fricken' thing about the body when just a year ago she was selling electricity.

Thanks for letting me VENT!!

I'm going to do what I need to do for myself.
I have to laugh at this. Some people just don't get it. This is part of the reason I'm doing my BS in Sports and Health Science. I believe that unless a person has struggled with their weight, and I mean really struggled, it is difficult for them to understand what it takes to win that battle. Over the years, I have encountered so many "professionals" who were so caught up in one way of thinking and so clueless to reality. Believe me, I'd like to send all of them an email and say, 'Kiss my shrunken backside!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
I don't think you sound corny at all... I love what you said about rediscovering our true self... it really is AWESOME!!!.. I've been saying for a couple of months that this is the REAL ME!.. I don't know who that other person was before IP, some imposter, I suspect, but she sure wasn't me... I've also been saying I feel younger than I have in 25 years, probably longer... I've been single since I was 30 years old, & the last year of my marriage I think I became an old lady, mentally... & I've been an old lady since then, UNTIL NOW!.. the way I feel physically is definitely younger, but the way I feel mentally is the most amazing thing!.. my self-confidence & self-esteem are back to what they were when I was in my early 20s... sometimes I wonder where that old lady went, but the truth is, I don't really care... she can stay away forever, as far as I'm concerned...

I love IP!!!..

Congrats to ALL on your many successes this week!..

& Newbies!..

hugs
That's great! I'm really looking forward to discovering the real me. For the longest time I have said that I'm a Type A personality in a Type F(at) body. I may have to change that 'Fat' to 'Fit' in the near future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post

NSV This has been a very stressful and emotional week here and for the first time in my adult life, I have not had any desire to bury my emotions with carb loaded foods. For the past 15 years, whenever I was anxious, sad, happy, angry, irritated...i'd eat. Not now!!! After only 60 plus days of being on I.P. (and with lots of prayer) I am allowing myself to feel my emotions!! And guess what I am surviving the feelings. They aren't killing me or overwhelming me, I'm level headed and coping!! Thank you I.P.

Oh well, thanks for listening...
I'll send some extra prayers your way too! It's a huge victory to not turn to food!

I'm in for a non-cheat weekend for sure! In fact, I'd go for another 3 months without cheating, but small steps are good.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #44  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
I'm with you all the way. We can do this!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #45  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
And YES, my shrinking backside will be the proof in a month or so. I've got to stick with it now to prove to her if nothing else! LOL
Nice to see that my trademark phrase is catching on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
I'm in with you all, but I am also mindful of the worthwhile post Dave wrote, Sunday, I think, about "cheating" not even being an option.

For me, cheating is not a choice I will even consider. The no-cheat pledge from last weekend did help me and I thought of you all all weekend long every time I prepared my IP meals and drank my water. But I agree with Dave; my goal will be perfect protocol (trademark = rachel13!). And thinking of all of you helps me, so Go, Team, Go!!
It was Monday. And it hasn't changed. There's no reason to cheat today, tomorrow, or this weekend. It adds time to reaching the goal, and adds expense to an already expensive program. Just don't put yourself in a situation where it would be easy to cave. When you feel like cheating, go stand on your scale...

Oh, and this doesn't have the chef in action, but:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg omelet.jpg (17.4 KB, 35 views)
Closed Thread