3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/29/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/213573-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-9-29-2010-a.html)

I'm svelting! 09-29-2010 06:38 AM

IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/29/2010

New to Ideal Protein or to 3fatchicks Ideal Protein forum? Please start here -- post your introduction, read this post and ask your questions in this thread.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do. ;)

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

tcswain 09-29-2010 07:25 AM

Day 4 -- The scale is usually not my best friend, but I can hardly wait for my WI on Saturday. I feel great and hunger has not been an issue. Now the real weight loss will begin :carrot:

tle1103 09-29-2010 07:39 AM

Good morning. Today is the last day of my conference. I will be glad to get home. It is nice to get out of the office for awhile, but 3 days is sometimes too much.
I have been able to stay on plan and have drank a lot of water and hot tea! I hope it all shows on the scales. My next WI is Monday.
Something I have noticed is that the food on plan seems to taste so much better than before and I actually look forward to it. I don't miss some of my "old favorite" foods as much as I thought I would...but still sometimes I do really think that I want some of those "old favorites."
Many people that have not seen me for a few months have said very nice compliments to me. However, some have asked me if I have been sick!
Well, I hope everyone has a blessed Wednesday!

pumpkyparry 09-29-2010 08:01 AM

A very rainy day in south Florida...waiting and watching the storm....supposed to go to my dermatologist this afternoon...we'll see..all I know is that it better clear up before my weigh in tomorrow...and they think the post office is the only one who has the motto "neither rain, snow or sleet will stay this courier from her appointed rounds". LOL

Hope everyone has a successful day.

Marilyn

shrinkingsusie 09-29-2010 08:41 AM

Good Morning everyone! I have the IP Clinic Manual at my house from work, and I was browsing through it last night and found the true IP Bootcamp. It has a Q&A section in it so I was reading through and someone had said they have a client who was losing steady for three months and then the fourth month lost only one pound. They suggested that client go into IP Bootcamp, which is replacing your dinner protein with TWO IP packs for ONE week! Thought I would share this because I know some people have talked about having a couple slow weeks. Maybe this can kick-start you guys back up! :)

I'm going to see what other goodies I can find in this manual!

aslang 09-29-2010 08:55 AM

WI today for me... I'm feeling fantastic!!!! I hope the scale feels the same way also :)

May everyone have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!

sheila1971 09-29-2010 08:55 AM

Good Morning everyone

well surgery for my daughter went very well yesterday but I have no felt good at all, I ended up with a splitting headache last night so yep I had the white greek pizza!! I am back on track today. This last week has been hard on me and really there is no excuse for not staying on track except I did not!! I can tell you this from cheating I feel slugish not like I had felt before sooooo back to the normal.

Hope you all have a great day!!

LAShutterbug 09-29-2010 09:05 AM

Wow what a week and it's only hump day. I WI this a.m. and according to my scale about 2 lbs. I was 3 during the week but maybe because TOM is coming in next couple of days I'm up this a.m. Or maybe stress that 3 of my neighbors' houses got broken into mid day Monday and the lack of sleep it's causing stress and more stress. Who knows. So I'm not going to finish the month with my goal (15lbs) BUT I'll see that it continues to come off. I'm probably not watching the little extras as close and maybe it's adding up. We'll get there and already buying smaller clothes so progress. Much faster than my WW journey last year.

Soon 2 B MrsT 09-29-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 3500329)
Good Morning everyone! I have the IP Clinic Manual at my house from work, and I was browsing through it last night and found the true IP Bootcamp. It has a Q&A section in it so I was reading through and someone had said they have a client who was losing steady for three months and then the fourth month lost only one pound. They suggested that client go into IP Bootcamp, which is replacing your dinner protein with TWO IP packs for ONE week! Thought I would share this because I know some people have talked about having a couple slow weeks. Maybe this can kick-start you guys back up! :)

That's very interesting!! I'm assuming the 2 packets are supposed to be both unrestricted items? I'm almost positive they would have to be but I figured I'd ask just in case. :)

Thanks for posting!

Journeysend 09-29-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

My coach told me that the Canadian and US IP manuals were different...hmmm wonder why that would be? Anyone know???

pumpkyparry 09-29-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila1971 (Post 3500344)
Good Morning everyone

I ended up with a splitting headache last night so yep I had the white greek pizza and really there is no excuse for not staying on track except I did not!!

Is it possible that you are so close to your goal that you are afraid of success and therefor sabatoging yourself? Just a thought.

Marilyn

Marionm 09-29-2010 11:38 AM

Today is about halves for me!
1) I'm halfway stalling on the mid-term I need to take this week.
2) I am past the halfway point on the Halloween challenge.
3) I am over halfway to my total weight loss goal with my loss of 3.1 pounds at my weigh in today! That is over 60 pounds!!!
4) I only half believe how easily this is happening!

I still find myself shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, I know I have made sacrifices and it hasn't always been easy, but compared to everything else I have tried to do to lose weight---including my bout with Phen Phan 13 years ago, this is easy and I now believe that once I get to where I want to be, I will be able to stay there.

I had an interesting realization this week. I don't have a clue what I will look like when I reach my goal. The dress I selected to wear on Saturday, is what I had always envisioned as sort of a "goal dress". Where do I go from here? It's kind of fun to imagine!

On the other hand, my tummy is growling and I still have about 50 minutes before I usually make lunch. I need a refill on my water bottle please! :D

Crystal88 09-29-2010 11:43 AM

Great start to my day, I was down 1 1/2 pounds since yesterday. I feel like things are on the move again.
Also visited my doctor yesterday and my blood pressure is coming down steadily. She said that a few more points and she will start lowering the dosages and possibly eliminate all meds by the time I reach my goal! That would be so liberating! (I can't wait to see my cardiologist next February- he will be shocked!)
I never realized there would be so many benefits to the IP program. I walk more easily, look better, feel more comfortable in public, etc etc etc. And compared to other diets I have tried (that would be MANY) it's EASY!!!
Feeling very blessed today,
Crystal

showgirlaz 09-29-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Are you coaching now?? :) When did that happen? How? What's the scoop! That must be great for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journeysend (Post 3500483)
My coach told me that the Canadian and US IP manuals were different...hmmm wonder why that would be? Anyone know???

Yes, I have also been informed that the USA manuals are different. I have flat out been told there is NO rocket fuel, we never eliminate all veggies,and boot camp is just a basic phase 1 without any restricted packets or occasional vegetables.

I really don't know why it would be different. :?:

Now, with Susie's info, I am going to have to go back and ask some questions. :book2:

shrinkingsusie 09-29-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT (Post 3500478)
That's very interesting!! I'm assuming the 2 packets are supposed to be both unrestricted items? I'm almost positive they would have to be but I figured I'd ask just in case. :)

Thanks for posting!

Yup, it said that you are still only allowed a maximum of one restricted item per day. :)