Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #16  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
My coach told me that the Canadian and US IP manuals were different...hmmm wonder why that would be? Anyone know???
Probably different standards and regulations for each country?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #17  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Are you coaching now?? When did that happen? How? What's the scoop! That must be great for you!
I was supposed to start coaching this month, so I was given the clinic manual back in July to start reviewing everything... But so far she hasn't asked me to start coaching. We have two coaches already so I won't start until there are too many "dieters" for them to handle. And the bootcamp that it says in my manual you are still having your veggies. Just replacing the meat protein at dinner with two IP packets. If I knew how I would scan everything..

I remember reading something in there last night about rocket fuel, too and didn't know what it was so I just ignored it... I'm going to look it up again..

Sorry about posting so much... I have to learn to do multiple quotes in one post.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 09-29-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #18  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

So, my best friend just gave me my outfit for Halloween....we are going as the Robert Palmer girls from "Simply Irresistible".....oh geez! So, I'm pretty sure (besides me) the heaviest girl weighs around 160. I'm gonna look ridiculous if I don't bust my butt until the 30th!!!!! Yikes! Motivation....motivation!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #19  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Today is about halves for me!
1) I'm halfway stalling on the mid-term I need to take this week.
2) I am past the halfway point on the Halloween challenge.
3) I am over halfway to my total weight loss goal with my loss of 3.1 pounds at my weigh in today! That is over 60 pounds!!!
4) I only half believe how easily this is happening!

I still find myself shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, I know I have made sacrifices and it hasn't always been easy, but compared to everything else I have tried to do to lose weight---including my bout with Phen Phan 13 years ago, this is easy and I now believe that once I get to where I want to be, I will be able to stay there.

I had an interesting realization this week. I don't have a clue what I will look like when I reach my goal. The dress I selected to wear on Saturday, is what I had always envisioned as sort of a "goal dress". Where do I go from here? It's kind of fun to imagine!

On the other hand, my tummy is growling and I still have about 50 minutes before I usually make lunch. I need a refill on my water bottle please!
Congratulations, Marionm!!! Great work!! So funny that you said you don't have a clue what you will look like when you reach your goal!! Imagine what you'll FEEL like too!!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #20  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I was supposed to start coaching this month, so I was given the clinic manual back in July to start reviewing everything... But so far she hasn't asked me to start coaching. We have two coaches already so I won't start until there are too many "dieters" for them to handle. And the bootcamp that it says in my manual you are still having your veggies. Just replacing the meat protein at dinner with two IP packets. If I knew how I would scan everything..

I remember reading something in there last night about rocket fuel, too and didn't know what it was so I just ignored it... I'm going to look it up again..

Sorry about posting so much... I have to learn to do multiple quotes in one post.
Never apologize for posting so much. You have shared great info. Please keep it up. Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #21  

Quote:
3) I am over halfway to my total weight loss goal with my loss of 3.1 pounds at my weigh in today! That is over 60 pounds!!!

I still find myself shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, I know I have made sacrifices and it hasn't always been easy, but compared to everything else I have tried to do to lose weight---including my bout with Phen Phan 13 years ago, this is easy and I now believe that once I get to where I want to be, I will be able to stay there.
Marionm Congratulations!!! over 60 lbs gone and halfway to goal! What a great way to start your day!

I totally agree with you on the disbelief over the ease of the program and the amazing success!!! But hey you're living proof! And i know that when we reach our goals we will stay at goal!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Hi all!
This is week three for me. On Sat I was 177.5, and it has not budged until this am when I am 178. I am following what I guess would be boot camp. 3 packets, no restricted packets. I am drinking about 120 oz a day. Not constipated. I have had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so no TOM for me. I wanted to cry this morning. I have not cheated...but feel my body is cheating me right now. Gonna go over my stuff today and see what I can tweak.

Have a great day all.
Cie
Old 09-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Day 4 -- The scale is usually not my best friend, but I can hardly wait for my WI on Saturday. I feel great and hunger has not been an issue. Now the real weight loss will begin
So exciting !! Keep it Up!!

Quote:

I had an interesting realization this week. I don't have a clue what I will look like when I reach my goal. The dress I selected to wear on Saturday, is what I had always envisioned as sort of a "goal dress". Where do I go from here? It's kind of fun to imagine!

On the other hand, my tummy is growling and I still have about 50 minutes before I usually make lunch. I need a refill on my water bottle please!
Fantastic and I feel the same way, totally unbelievable how easy this is. I have had a few friends start and can't manage to stay on the plan even though they need too and say they want to lose weight. Congrats on your success!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
So, my best friend just gave me my outfit for Halloween....we are going as the Robert Palmer girls from "Simply Irresistible".....oh geez! So, I'm pretty sure (besides me) the heaviest girl weighs around 160. I'm gonna look ridiculous if I don't bust my butt until the 30th!!!!! Yikes! Motivation....motivation!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

I have my WI today a day early as we are going out of town tomorrow. I know I have lost this week but last night I got bad pain in lower abdomen, got really bloated and was retaining water really bad. I have been drinking water like crazy and haven't cheated at all. I think it might be just some veggie getting to me. My scale is down but we will see what their's says. Oh I also had a really bad headache, first one I have had since I started in July. Kinda weird. I feel a little better but still hurts a bit and still bloated, I am gonna go but am nervous. lol
Old 09-29-2010, 01:18 PM   #24  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Just a guess, but Canadian probably is in metrics.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #25  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Hi all!
This is week three for me. On Sat I was 177.5, and it has not budged until this am when I am 178. I am following what I guess would be boot camp. 3 packets, no restricted packets. I am drinking about 120 oz a day. Not constipated. I have had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so no TOM for me. I wanted to cry this morning. I have not cheated...but feel my body is cheating me right now. Gonna go over my stuff today and see what I can tweak.

Have a great day all.
Cie
Are you getting enough meat at dinner and are you eating your two cups of veggies with both lunch and dinner?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Hi all!

Have a great day all.
Cie
Cie, I stayed in boot camp until I went to phase 2. Like yourself my scale would not move at all then one day I would be down 2 lbs. I also never had the big C nor TOM because my hysterectomy.
If you stay with the program the pounds will come off.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #27  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good Morning everyone! I have the IP Clinic Manual at my house from work, and I was browsing through it last night and found the true IP Bootcamp. It has a Q&A section in it so I was reading through and someone had said they have a client who was losing steady for three months and then the fourth month lost only one pound. They suggested that client go into IP Bootcamp, which is replacing your dinner protein with TWO IP packs for ONE week! Thought I would share this because I know some people have talked about having a couple slow weeks. Maybe this can kick-start you guys back up!

I'm going to see what other goodies I can find in this manual!

Thank so much for sharing this!!!

Congrats to all of you and such wonderful losses and staying strong!!!!

Leaving for Fla mon early to see my mom, she does have a pool..I tried on my size 22 bathing suit- huge! I tried on the 20 ( still with tags on it hoping someday it would fit- Very Big!)
I searched thru the archives on my closet and found a 2 piece size 16( you know with skirt attached on the bottom half) well IT FIT! I didn't like the way it looked ( my rolls have rolls) So I decided to try to take in the size 20 One piece suit with skirt attached bathing suit, and little by little, it came out great!!! First of all I cut 6" of the skirt length, and serged that edge. Then I lifted up the straps in front and back- sewing them down tight.. Then make the skirt seams fitted ( so I didn't look pregnant cause it hung funny cause it was too big) I thought If I ruin it- who cares I'll just be at my mom's NOT in public.. Then with the extra fabric I cut off the skirt, I took 2 pieces and tied knots over where I sewed, so the extra stitching didn't show, then I turned the knots around so it has a more finished look..

I have had no training in sewing, but I do so many crafts, I gave it a try.. had to share...
Old 09-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #28  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

I wanted to share the list of the sucralose-free I P packets

orange pancake mix
chocolate pancake mix
crepe mix
garlic and onion soy nuts
bbq soy nuts
salt and vinegar ridges
msuhroom soup
chicken soup
leek soup
vegetable chili
heart stew mix
spaghetti bolonase
fine herb and cheese eggs
Old 09-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Back on Track

Hello All,

I've been away for a bit. I had a month long trip abroad planned and had to go off the program , so phased out before that. I still have 35lbs to lose(lost 20lbs in 10- weeks) and restarted IP yesterday.

I've always been curious about other people's experiences, and though each of us is different and the program works a little different for each...its always nice to know what everyone else experiences and gives you that bit of motivation to push on when your progress might not be as expected.

For those interested, In about 13 weeks on IP i lost about 25 lbs. At the 4 week mark i had stalled for about a week, and then again at the 8 week mark(pattern!). Also during my TOM, my weight loss was 0-1 lb only. Other weeks the normal rate of weight loss was 2lbs per week. I used to get stressed out about it as i was not achieving the 3-5 lb losses others were seeing. It was hard for me to out it in perspective, but stepping back i realize - I was losing weight. Something that i had not been able to do before, never on this scale. If i had to lose those 20 lbs otherwise with diet and rigorous exercise, it would have taken me a year. And i still might not have been able to make it. So all of you slower losers, take heart, you will get there. That is the goal. Atleast with the program, you know it WILL happen. Ciebelle, dont lose hope.

As for when i phased out, this was tough, as i did not want to phase out before my goal. But phase 3 is important. I skipped phase 2, did 2 weeks of phase 3. It helped. I ate terribly while travelling...didnt make healthy choices, lots of fried food , chocolate and snacking. But i gained only 6lbs. it could have been more, id like to think IP (pancreas resetting) helped.And i hope to lose all of that a a little more in my first 2 weeks. Im not proud of it. maybe if i didnt have a vacation planned to coincide with my phasing out, i might have slowly eased into eating healthy and right , instead of being let loose in a world full of food choices which i had abstained from for so long!

Back to the present, getting back on the plan was hard! My advice to all of you planning to take a break from IP, try to stick to it till your goal. Go to phase 2 and back if you must. Or if totally unavoidable and you will have to cheat too often while staying on IP- phase out correctly. Getting back on track was hard as you arent excited about the food anymore. you've tried everything, know how it tastes. Also the initial enthusiasm you have when you first start is a little less(for me). I hope to get motivated when i see the first 10lbs come off

MarionM - Congrats! I hope i get to my "i dont know how ill look that thin" phase soon! I have a thanksgiving trip to puerto rico planned and am still not sure if ill be thin(or confident) enough to wear a swimsuit by then!! That's my motivation. I've given up wearing shorts for years now...so fingers crossed!!

Good luck to everyone!! I really do understand how hard it might be for some people who start on IP. The first time it was really easy for me , no cravings, no weakness.

Also, if anyone else suffers from a lot of hair loss and acne, please message me or post here. I did suffer from acne the second month i was on IP and had never had acne before. Plus the hair loss is slightly alarming. If any has remedies or suggestions, i would be glad to hear them. Someone mentioned they were taking supplements for hair loss- pls post back to specify what supplement(OTC?) and what the results have been?

Thanks!!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #30  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

I started the IP program on Sept 7 and have been reading about everyone's progress since then. You are all such an inspiration to me. Thanks for being here!!

Last edited by willbethin2011; 09-29-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Closed Thread