Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #76  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Weigh meat raw.
My sheet says measure veggies raw, weigh meat cooked. So 2 cups of raw cauliflower, but 5oz of cooked steak.

hmm, another one of those coach things??

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Today it was a grilled turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with tomato, pickle, onion and lots of mustard. Oh, and I grilled some zucchini along with, just for kicks.
just pointing out I requested a photo of you cooking lunch at work several weeks ago. Now you are grilling at work. Sans speedo? Who knows?? Only the Shadow knows since you won't post pics..
Old 09-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #77  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Default hiya everyone!

I've been super busy the last few days, but doing great. I even passed on pizza.. even though I was sure the cheese was calling my name.

Tomorrow is my 2nd WI.. can't wait. I'm feeling good and I can tell a difference of the weight loss.. but I gotta say.. I feel like I'm starting to hit the wall on the IP packets. I look forward to my dinner with solid protein and bask in its glory. But the packets in the morning and at lunch just about make me gag lately. I've always been a picky eater or this is nothing really new... I've been trying to stay away from restricted packets but with the regulars not working out for me so much.. I've had a 2 bars and the bbq ridges this week. My coach doesn't restrict me with what I can and can't have..as far as the packets go, and so far I've seen about the same amount of weight loss according to my scale. We'll see how it goes tomorrow I guess.

I gotta say.. I thought the lack of sweets and fruit is what would get me.. but really.. I'm just drying for tasty non sweetened non fruity non chocolate stuff.... that seems to be the wall I'm hitting as most of the packets are sweet tasting, fruity, or chocolate. That and I'm having some issues with the actual texture and consistencies of things.. but I'm working on exploring variations of the packets to.. but it still doesn't really seem to be helping.

Welp, hope everyone's day is great. Wish me luck at my WI! lol
Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Default Can't sleep

I went to bed at 10:00. I have been awake since 12:50. I am now drinking some hot tea and hopefully can soon go back to sleep. At least this time gave me a chance to catch up on some reading on here.

Last edited by tle1103; 09-30-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:09 AM   #79  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I've been super busy the last few days, but doing great. I even passed on pizza.. even though I was sure the cheese was calling my name.

Tomorrow is my 2nd WI.. can't wait. I'm feeling good and I can tell a difference of the weight loss.. but I gotta say.. I feel like I'm starting to hit the wall on the IP packets. I look forward to my dinner with solid protein and bask in its glory. But the packets in the morning and at lunch just about make me gag lately. I've always been a picky eater or this is nothing really new... I've been trying to stay away from restricted packets but with the regulars not working out for me so much.. I've had a 2 bars and the bbq ridges this week. My coach doesn't restrict me with what I can and can't have..as far as the packets go, and so far I've seen about the same amount of weight loss according to my scale. We'll see how it goes tomorrow I guess.

I gotta say.. I thought the lack of sweets and fruit is what would get me.. but really.. I'm just drying for tasty non sweetened non fruity non chocolate stuff.... that seems to be the wall I'm hitting as most of the packets are sweet tasting, fruity, or chocolate. That and I'm having some issues with the actual texture and consistencies of things.. but I'm working on exploring variations of the packets to.. but it still doesn't really seem to be helping.

I wish you the most sincere good results. About the sweets -- I, too, regret that so many IP unrestricted products are sweet. I've never be a big sweets eater. To counteract the cloying sweet taste (pina colada, retch) I double the amount of water in the puddings to 16 ounces and make a shake. For me, that
makes for a much more palatable taste plus I get twice as much water into my system.

Like many others, though, I've grown to like, or tolerate well, the packets. And you really can do some interesting things with the puddings: add a little decaf expresso, a drop or two of real vanilla, or the same amount of orange essence to vanilla, chocolate, or butterscotch I sure hope this helps a little. I enjoy reading your breezy AND thoughtful posts. I'd hate to see you pull out.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Good luck on your WI today! I am a few days behind you on this program, and thankfully haven't grown tired of the packets yet. My coach doesn't allow restricted until week 3-4. I know what you mean about salty vs sweet though - historically I like salty better too.
Keep in mind that quote that someone (I can't remember who) has on here, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" I really believe that. Think of what you are going to look like, and how people are going to react, in just a few short weeks once you've lost another 10 + lbs.
At the rate that I am losing, I will weigh less next week than I have for about 10 years. All this is exciting stuff! Keep in up!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #81  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good luck on your WI today! I am a few days behind you on this program, and thankfully haven't grown tired of the packets yet. My coach doesn't allow restricted until week 3-4. I know what you mean about salty vs sweet though - historically I like salty better too.
Keep in mind that quote that someone (I can't remember who) has on here, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" I really believe that. Think of what you are going to look like, and how people are going to react, in just a few short weeks once you've lost another 10 + lbs.
At the rate that I am losing, I will weigh less next week than I have for about 10 years. All this is exciting stuff! Keep in up!
And I started around the same time as you 2 also. I enjoy reading your posts. Don't give up! Kaarin -- wow, less than you have in 10 years?! That's awesome.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
...I gotta say.. I thought the lack of sweets and fruit is what would get me.. but really.. I'm just drying for tasty non sweetened non fruity non chocolate stuff.... that seems to be the wall I'm hitting as most of the packets are sweet tasting, fruity, or chocolate. That and I'm having some issues with the actual texture and consistencies of things.. but I'm working on exploring variations of the packets to.. but it still doesn't really seem to be helping.
Well, since you're having the restricted packets every day anyway, have you tried the chili? It is excellent. It's better cooked on the stovetop rather than in the microwave. But that would be something not sweet or fruity or chocolatey for a change.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #83  

Arrow Please post in the Thursday chat

This thread is closed. Join us in the new daily chat thread for today.
Closed Thread