Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #61  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

have been super busy and wish I was able to post more often! I have been lurking though! Had the Week 6 WI and am down 2.1 for the week. I think I am moving into the slow losers club. However, I am extremely thankful for any loss!

Congrats to everyone who has any type of victory in the past week! And for those questioning your IP choice....don't, stick with it!!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #62  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Good evening folks,
Just finished reading todays posts. We are busy with a yard sale that covers several states. I'm tried and sleepy. Type later. Keep on Iping.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I was just contemplating whether or not I will ever eat another burger with a bun. I'm really starting to enjoy eating mine wrapped in lettuce. In fact, I think I actually prefer them that way now.
Dave, share with us just how you "wrap" a burger in lettuce. I have visions of it skidding out between the leaves, or the lettuce ripping in half from the weight when you pick it up. Do you use a special kind of lettuce? One piece or several pieces? Is there a technique to "folding" it around the burger?

You are a font of information and inspiration.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #64  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I suggest you wait until you get here to buy your new bathing suit. One, it's fun to have to shop; and two, the selection will be fantastically better, no matter what island you're on.
Oh what a fun idea!! Thanks, Linden.

Thanks also for all of your good tips! I appreciate them!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #65  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Dave you are too funny.

I wrap my burgers in large romaine lettuce leaves - one thing -you need to let the burgers cool a bit or they really heat up the lettuce and your fingers.

Have a good IP night everyone!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #66  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
I well into week 4 of IP and today I had the "hungries" something terrible today. Yes - I have been eating my 2 cups of veggies, my supplements, and water, etc. Has this happened to anyone else??
Melanie, I have been on IP (boot camp!) for nine days now and I do have days where I feel famished after lunch - like two hours later - and somedays like that I feel really tired too. I typically do the IP soup and salad plus my 2C veges at lunch. The only thing I could think is that I have cut my regular amount of (plain old drip coffee) since starting IP. I haven't eaten between meals at all. If I can I just start my dinner earlier. But my coach told me that I could switch lunch and dinner. I wonder if that would make a difference?

It's hard to do anything when your tummy is grumbling at you!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #67  

Can anyone post the link to the carb count on each IP item? I thought I saw a pdf file at one time with this info.....
Old 09-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #68  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

SallyM, I switched my dinner meal to lunch time because I was having a hard time waiting that long to eat solid food. I've been a much happier person ever since!! You might try it and see what you think. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Melanie, I have been on IP (boot camp!) for nine days now and I do have days where I feel famished after lunch - like two hours later - and somedays like that I feel really tired too. I typically do the IP soup and salad plus my 2C veges at lunch. The only thing I could think is that I have cut my regular amount of (plain old drip coffee) since starting IP. I haven't eaten between meals at all. If I can I just start my dinner earlier. But my coach told me that I could switch lunch and dinner. I wonder if that would make a difference?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #69  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatemom View Post
SallyM, I switched my dinner meal to lunch time because I was having a hard time waiting that long to eat solid food. I've been a much happier person ever since!! You might try it and see what you think. Good Luck!
Thanks for that info! I am going to try it tomorrow!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Default First Timer

I have never been on a forum...ever. I am set to start IP 10/5/10. I guess we will meet on Monday and do all the formal things...setting goals etc...and then Tuesday I will start. I am so very very excited. I think finding this is a huge blessing...all the wonderful tips

I have three kids, 2 girls, 16 and 14, and a son who is 11. My younger girls cheer and my son wrestles for a peewee program in town. I am super active in church...Sunday morning, evening and Wed. My husband is a police office and currently works the third shift, which helps because he comes home and sleeps and gets up when I get home from work (most of the time). With our activities I am running somewhere all the time...

I know this is going to be a bit of a challange but I am so ready. I hit my heighest weight June 2009...I have lost some weight but I am so ready to have energy and feel good about myself again. I will put my weight on once I see the PA this coming Monday.

Cant wait to explore and learn from everyone!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Thumbs down

hello all

hope you are all havinga great day\ WI today... showing at 213 just like my home scale has said for a couple of days..

BM talk... i used to have huge issues.. now pretty regular... so that is good!

Cie - hang in there\ the weight is going to come off, as it just has too!

Newbies-- welcome and good luck in your journeys! This IP thing really rocks!!!!! \love it

candace
Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #72  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

It seem that I have missed alot today. Hang in there to those that are not having much success. This plan does workes.

I know that this is only my 3rd week on IP but I just keep running in to more people who have started or are going to be starting soon. This Diet seems to be really taking off.

Well I am done with another stressful day, I am looking forward to next week when things don't feel like they are falling a part. A test in Biological psychology tomorrow.

Well all have a good night.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post

Well, I had the same problem, but I didn't want to switch my dinner and lunch because it just didn't work with my schedule and what I was able to cook and not cook at work. Plus, I needed to be able to look forward to dinner. Instead, I delayed my lunch shake until 2 or 3 p.m. So, I'd eat my lunch as luttuce, 2 cups veggies. Then a few hours later I'll have my lunch protein. I'm in phase II now and am still delaying my lunch protein, at least half of it. Sometimes I have to cook late, and this just works better for me. Hope that helps!

Everyone seems to be doing well today -- keep it up!

JC
Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Sorry about you whopper headache! I truely know the feeling!!! BUT I HAVE TO SHARE SINCE I STOPPED THE IP PRODUCTS WITH SPLENDA..NO HEADACHES AT ALL!!!!

Has anyone tried the salt and vinegar ridges?Do they taste like chips??
Hey CC, congrats on no more headaches! That's REALLY great. I get a lot of headaches and sometimes migraines, so I can empathize. No headaches is great!

Re the S&V chips--they taste sort of like regular s&v chips--edible, but not my fave. The BBQ chips, on the other hand, are fantastic with excellent bbq chip taste.

For those who are bored with cooking veggies--I'm with you on that one. I'm not the greatest cook in the world, and cooking for one though easy is boring. In the last week I have been experimenting a bit and have had two excellent meals with the addition of some spices.

I made a sort of Sloppy Joe, with ground beef, cauliflower, mushrooms, green pepper, celery and leeks instead of onions, and a little garlic for flavour. I added some chili powder (home made, so just ground spices) and about 3 tbsp of low carb ketchup (Loblaws' Blue Menu brand) to make a sauce. Saute the leeks, garlic and celery in a drop of oil or broth or water. Add the beef and cook it up, then add chili powder and the rest of veggies, mix while cooking. When the veggies are almost done, add the ketchup and stir to mix it up. Salt to taste. I made sort of wraps with lettuce leaves--which is where the "sloppy" came in. It was messy, but really delish!

The second thing I made was a curry with fish and cauliflower and it was excellent. I don't eat enough fish, so I wanted to try something new to make it more appealing--and it was! First saute sliced leeks & celery in about 1/2 c chicken broth (or water). Add some garlic and minced ginger, and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds. Cook it up a bit, then add the spices: about 1/4 tsp each of cinnamon, cloves, cayenne; 1 tsp curry powder, 1/2 tsp sucralose or other sweetener (optional, but makes up for the lack of carrots). Add the cauliflower and after it is almost cooked add bite sized pieces of white fish--I used haddock. Stir it up a bit so things get nicely coated, salt to taste and serve when the fish is cooked. It was so good, I'm going to make it again on Friday! Also, it was really, really filling.

night all--I'm off to dream about spices!

Jackie

PS: I am posting these in the recipes thread.

Last edited by Jacqueline; 09-30-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

It's so nice to read all the stories. Gives me a smile on a day when there wasn't much to smile about. Thank you!
Closed Thread