IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 9/29/2010

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Way to go CC and BevS!!! I love the idea!! Especially if you are planning on shrinking some more. Then I can buy new bras closer to goal or even at goal! The bras I have now were really expensive. I am going to Hawaii in December and hope to get a new swim suit for that trip. I don't even want to look at the suits in my drawer now Fugly!!
    I suggest you wait until you get here to buy your new bathing suit. One, it's fun to have to shop; and two, the selection will be fantastically better, no matter what island you're on.
  • Quote: Ok I have to ask.. does everyone else "go" daily? I'm ever 2nd or 3 day.. any one else care to share?????????????????????
    Sometimes I go a couple times a day... sometimes I go once a day... just depends... I seem to go more during TOM. Several different consistencies as well...lol Sorry if that's TMI!
  • I well into week 4 of IP and today I had the "hungries" something terrible today. Yes - I have been eating my 2 cups of veggies, my supplements, and water, etc. Has this happened to anyone else??
  • I was just contemplating whether or not I will ever eat another burger with a bun. I'm really starting to enjoy eating mine wrapped in lettuce. In fact, I think I actually prefer them that way now.

And, yes, I had a very tasty lunch today. Not only do I have a portable stove here at work. I have a gas grill that I use on a regular basis. Today it was a grilled turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with tomato, pickle, onion and lots of mustard. Oh, and I grilled some zucchini along with, just for kicks.

Oh...yes. I've, um, "gone" today. Sometimes the daily chat is a fascinating read.

Did you go today?
    Yep, I did.
    Yeah, but just a little.
    I haven't been able to go since Nixon was in the White House...

• Quote: Hi Everyone! Just a quick question. Has anyone heard from Kelsey (Melissau since the 18th?? I haven't seen her on here & her last post was about seeing her
    endocrinologist & I wondered how she is. I miss her!

if you have any news, I'd love an update!
    I was lazy and sent you a FB message then I saw that Coastal Crafter was asking the same thing, so here's the link I sent. Hopefully she'll come out of lurkdom and post again soon. I miss you too Melissa!

Quote: I well into week 4 of IP and today I had the "hungries" something terrible today. Yes - I have been eating my 2 cups of veggies, my supplements, and water, etc. Has this happened to anyone else??
    Yes! Two days before my cycle starts I am much hungrier than usual. Interestingly enough, the ketostix on those days are also much darker for me. The first month I wanted nothing but junk food. At this point I just want more FOOD so I have more protein.
  • Quote: So exciting !! Keep it Up!!

Fantastic and I feel the same way, totally unbelievable how easy this is. I have had a few friends start and can't manage to stay on the plan even though they need too and say they want to lose weight. Congrats on your success!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

I have my WI today a day early as we are going out of town tomorrow. I know I have lost this week but last night I got bad pain in lower abdomen, got really bloated and was retaining water really bad. I have been drinking water like crazy and haven't cheated at all. I think it might be just some veggie getting to me. My scale is down but we will see what their's says. Oh I also had a really bad headache, first one I have had since I started in July. Kinda weird. I feel a little better but still hurts a bit and still bloated, I am gonna go but am nervous. lol
    Hope everything went well for you today -- maybe you have a little stomach bug. I hope not since you are going out of town. Let me know how it went -- Love ya
  • Quote: I go daily, if I don't I feel crappy and get a back ache. I take 1 novi-lax at bedtime. With all of the fiber we are eating I am surprised any of us have problems. I have always had problems with that my whole life. I had my WI today down another 3 pounds!! U was on kinda a mixed week of phase 1 and phase 2. I don't like phase 2 it is a pain in the butt. I didn't feel good when doing it and didn't have as much energy but I might have a stomach bug of some kind as I posted earlier just not feeling good. Down to normal body fat, what a great feeling!!! I still want to lose another 4 pounds or so then need to get into the gym and tone up. I have missed the gym.
    Congrats on the weight loss You are doing great.
  • Quote: The only category I'm relatively an authority on is losing and gaining it back , but I'd suggest you add the 4th packet back in. Sounds counterintuitive, but I'll give it a better than 50% chance of working.
    I was kind of thinking along those lines to Linden. Thanks for the insight!
  • Just came on and see there's been some discusssion on bm's/day. I'm on week 3, last week was getting worried b/c hadn't gone in like 3 days, then it happened. Phew. Now it seems to be daily. I am assuming this is all part of my body adjusting. And like my coach pointed out, I am putting so much less "crap" in my mouth that hey, there's bound to be less coming out

Also, a reminder for anyone getting bored - the recipes thread(s) is good for new ideas. I love perusing it and copying and pasting the good sounding ideas onto a word file.

Off to make dinner for the kiddies. Have a happy IP evening everyone.
  • Quote: Hi Everyone! Just a quick question. Has anyone heard from Kelsey (Melissau since the 18th?? I haven't seen her on here & her last post was about seeing her

I too, have been wondering about Melissa. Hope she is OK!!

Nary a word. I miss her, too.
  • I think I'm detoxing from my sins of last week (those darned peanuts!).. back in Boot Camp yesterday & today & I've had a terrible headache all day... one of those right between the eyes that feels like my face is just gonna split right down the middle...

Otherwise, it's been great to be back on the Right Path... went grocery shopping today, loaded up on veggies, looked like I was opening a salad bar...

There's a definite fall feeling in the air today, even though the temp got up to 89 this afternoon... autumn is my favorite season, so I'm liable to be in a good mood for a while (as soon as I get rid of this headache).. watch out!!!..

hugs
  • Quote: Hi all!
    This is week three for me. On Sat I was 177.5, and it has not budged until this am when I am 178. I am following what I guess would be boot camp. 3 packets, no restricted packets. I am drinking about 120 oz a day. Not constipated. I have had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so no TOM for me. I wanted to cry this morning. I have not cheated...but feel my body is cheating me right now. Gonna go over my stuff today and see what I can tweak.

Have a great day all.
    Cie
    Hang in there. I have had several times when I didn't lose anything for a week at a time. Once I only lost 1 1/2 pounds and the following week 0 lose. The third week I came up with 9 pounds. Be patient, follow the protocol, and the weight will take care of itself. I know a lot of peope like to weigh frequently. I do better if I weigh one time a week, and sometimes I don't weigh for 2 weeks. I am not concentrating on the numbers so much that way. If you are doing what you are suppose to, you will lose the weight you are suppose to. It works, just trust in the process.
  • Quote: I was just contemplating whether or not I will ever eat another burger with a bun. I'm really starting to enjoy eating mine wrapped in lettuce. In fact, I think I actually prefer them that way now.

And, yes, I had a very tasty lunch today. Not only do I have a portable stove here at work. I have a gas grill that I use on a regular basis. Today it was a grilled turkey burger wrapped in lettuce with tomato, pickle, onion and lots of mustard. Oh, and I grilled some zucchini along with, just for kicks.

Oh...yes. I've, um, "gone" today. Sometimes the daily chat is a fascinating read.

Did you go today?
    Yep, I did.
    Yeah, but just a little.
    I haven't been able to go since Nixon was in the White House...

Dave.. we are all gonna join you for lunch!!!! yum!!
    Your co workers will say...'who are all these people?'
    and you can answer, "your fan club!"
    I may have to start calling you Chef Dave!

Nicole- that's for sharing the link where Kelsey posted.. Please tell her we ALL support her and love her!!!!
  • Quote: I think I'm detoxing from my sins of last week (those darned peanuts!).. back in Boot Camp yesterday & today & I've had a terrible headache all day... one of those right between the eyes that feels like my face is just gonna split right down the middle...

Otherwise, it's been great to be back on the Right Path... went grocery shopping today, loaded up on veggies, looked like I was opening a salad bar...

There's a definite fall feeling in the air today, even though the temp got up to 89 this afternoon... autumn is my favorite season, so I'm liable to be in a good mood for a while (as soon as I get rid of this headache).. watch out!!!..

hugs
    Sorry about you whopper headache! I truely know the feeling!!! BUT I HAVE TO SHARE SINCE I STOPPED THE IP PRODUCTS WITH SPLENDA..NO HEADACHES AT ALL!!!!

Has anyone tried the salt and vinegar ridges?Do they taste like chips??