Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 9/28/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-28-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #2  

Default No recap but

Soon 2 Be posted a great story about trying on some new clothes. Here's the link.

And to embarrass her a little more she's posted a great new shot in her progress photo thread

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-28-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Default Made it through day 1 bring on day 2!!!!

I made it through my first day on IP yesterday (woooohooooo)! I have to admit I was kind of nervous. Everything I read said to expect headaches, hunger, etc. I didn't have any of that. Hmmmm. Should I not speak so soon? I had the rice crisp for breakfast (I'll try adding to water this morning as opposed to throwing the pack back in my mouth and drinking water--now that I know that there's powdered milk inside the packet and not just crushed crisps ) omlet and sauted mushrooms for lunch, the caramel and nut bar for a snack (I've heard mixed things as to whether or not these are acceptable so early), and sauted shrimp over a spring salad with the asain WF dressing (yummo). I also ate about 7 spears of dill pickles throughout the day (should I worry about the sodium or as long as I don't eat this many everyday I'll be fine?) Oh, and about 93 oz of water! So far so good! I'm really optimistic! Thanks everyone for your responses and feedback thus far! Hopefully I can inspire someone with my success story one day!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #4  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Starting day 3 !! Woke up this morning to a note on the counter from 23-year-old son. It said "Great Job, Mom. Keep up the good work!" It feels great to have your family cheering you on and encouraging the IP program
Old 09-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #5  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

I have slowed down losing weight.
Any suggestions?
I have stated a Yoga (7 min) stretching program for my back and thought I should mix up my meals a little(I have pretty much eatten the same thing over and over for 2 months now). Also I have not been getting my 3rd pkt of IP in so I am going to add soya nuts. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/207/174

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everyone. Isn't it a fantastic day?! I've lost 12lbs and gone down 2 sizes in my jeans. Now I'm doing the happy dance.

paygirl: I know in the past I've plateaued once reaching a particular weight. It can be frustrating. I wish I had something more concrete to tell you other than keep at it. Even if your weight loss is slow, it is still weight loss. I'm rooting for you!

tcswain: good job on raising such an encouraging son.

msren: Congrats on starting the program on such an optimistic note. The headaches, etc will come and then they will go. It is your body tellng you, "Hey....I need my junk food fix" LOL Don't listen, you can do it.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
I have slowed down losing weight.
Any suggestions?
I have stated a Yoga (7 min) stretching program for my back and thought I should mix up my meals a little(I have pretty much eatten the same thing over and over for 2 months now). Also I have not been getting my 3rd pkt of IP in so I am going to add soya nuts. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Paygirl.

This subject has been discussed in various threads. Some common words of advice are:

eat ALL your IP packages (very important part of the IP protocol)
drink your water, take your salt & supplements
cut back or cut out the restricted packets for a bit
watch out for carb creep (are you eating too many higher carb veggies?)
reread the IP protocols and reevaluate your intake
it is perfectly normal for the weight loss to slow down, some of us lose steadily at a very slow rate whereas others stall and then suddenly lose a few pounds overnight
most importantly, stay positive...you know the program works so just keep plugging along....your body will release the fat stores sooner or later

Jen
Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

One more day till WI, Have done relatively well on the IP diet although my weight loss has slowed down last week only losing 1 pound, my coach moved me onto phase 2, I'm thinking I will go back on phase 1 after 1 more week in phase 2 depending how my WI goes.
I am truly grateful for a supportive family, It's amazing to see them making better choices along with me.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #9  

Well - day two for me. I learned from yesterday's mistake and made something solid for breakfast - orange pancakes. I feel fuller than yesterday and should be able to easily make it to lunch.

Other than that - followed my plan set forth by my coach to a "tee." The funny thing is, I never realized how little vegetables I ate until yesterday... thinking back I pretty much never ate anything green >.< 4 cups a day is way out of the ordinary for me LOL. Oh well, the WF blasamic vinigrette dressing makes them taste pretty decent.

Last edited by daninspokane; 09-28-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Soon 2 Be posted a great story about trying on some new clothes. Here's the link.

And to embarrass her a little more she's posted a great new shot in her progress photo thread

Bahahaha....I'm not embarrassed. I'm honored I got "featured".
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Bahahaha....I'm not embarrassed. I'm honored I got "featured".
Love the updated picture you look beautiful. Can't wait to see your wedding pictures !!!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

As phase II looms and phase III will soon follow - I'm realizing I probably want to go down another 10-15 pounds. I chose the weight I did because it is the lowest I've ever been as a teen or adult and I started to not feel good at i.his weight in the past I feel great, I'm looking great and feel I can get down the other 10-15. Do I keep on phase 1 till I get there or do I phase out - maintain for a month then go back on? Thoughts? Personal insights? My PA who introduced me to the program says he's found it hard to go back on phase 1 to loose more weight. I value your experience and input. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Jean
Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #13  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
As phase II looms and phase III will soon follow - I'm realizing I probably want to go down another 10-15 pounds. I chose the weight I did because it is the lowest I've ever been as a teen or adult and I started to not feel good at i.his weight in the past I feel great, I'm looking great and feel I can get down the other 10-15. Do I keep on phase 1 till I get there or do I phase out - maintain for a month then go back on? Thoughts? Personal insights? My PA who introduced me to the program says he's found it hard to go back on phase 1 to loose more weight. I value your experience and input. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Jean
Jean, I don't have suggestions from experience about phases, but I'm interested to watch you get to your goal. You are just about a half inch taller than me and 185 is my goal because I think the body fat will be close, barring any major changes, and it's where I was in high school when I was very physically active. So many people have goals that are much lower, but based on where I was then, I would be shocked if I could go much lower and still be healthy. I'm figuring I won't change phases until I'm pretty certain I'm in that 90% of goal range and honestly, I'd like a bit of a cushion in there too!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
Just had my morning inspiration reading last evenings and this mornings threads. Congratulations everyone for your great success'!!!
Soon 2B - what a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing!
First WI is tonight for me and I can hardly wait! I am also going to change the weights on my profile because I weighed in originally with my coach 2 weeks ago this Thursday at 229, but then I had my last non IP weekend which included a wine tour, so my scale said 231 on Monday morning when I started IP. My scale says 223 now and that's only 6 lbs from first WI, but really it's 8 lbs while being on IP.
Have a great IP day everybody!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Soon 2 Be MrsT

The Wedding Dress of your Dreams!! You made me cry when I read your post, what a wonderful success story...I bet you can't wait to walk down the aisle and absolutely stun everyone there with your beauty!! Your new picture is fabulous...what an inspiration to us all!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-28-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread