3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Monday 9/27/2010

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #46
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
It's Monday everyone! Did we all stick to our no cheat weekend pledge?

A big cheer to all that did and a cheer to all of those who made it through just one day of no cheating. It helped me stay on track by pledging not to cheat. I kept thinking of all of you out there doing the exact same thing as me. Strange how we don't know each other, but are supporting and encouraging each other to achieve our goals. How wonderful is that!

Here's to another day of no cheating!
I was completely successful at the no cheat challenge and this morning I found out at my IP doc that I have lost 55 lbs of FAT. Oh yes... that made my day. Still not done with weight loss but will stay on phase 2 for now. Really wanted the vodka/champagne drinks served at a party last night but just said NO. I love IP!! Let the no cheat last indefintely.
By the way, I attribute part of my success to having this group of supporting and encouraging IP friends online. So thanks everyone!

Last edited by HopefulTricia : 09-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #47
Restarted IP 07/07/14

S/C/G: 178/166/123

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Dave, for your words of wisdom, especially the part about going off and on this diet WILL NOT WORK.

11 weeks with no cheating = 34 pounds lost for me.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #48
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Congrats to HopefulTricia and to you,amylew!! NO CHEATS!! So awesome!!

I was just in the shower chanting MotherDuck's cheer when I thought to myself: I am 155 # now, in 6 more I will be in the 140's!! Now there's a motivator!!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #49
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

No cheats equal monthly treats!
I'm going for a massage on friday as well!

I went to my regular dr today,she was THRILLED at my weight loss! She ordered bloodwork to check my cholestrol ( I took myself off the zetia when I started IP). I told her about my sensitivity to the sucralose in the IP packets, and she said was Pleased I'm continuing on the protein powder.

On another note, I am going to Fla to help out my mom who lives there. She's been not feeling herself and refuses to beleive she needs to slow down- she is 84+.. So I am packing my protein powder in my checked suitcase.. I am gonna journal ...I won't have internet access oct 4-10th, but will miss you all..
I did tell my mom about my weight loss and she was so happy for me.. I am determined to get under 200 by oct 4!!!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #50

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5"8"

today was my fifth weigh in..Down 16 lbs total!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #51
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

I went to my regular dr today,she was THRILLED at my weight loss! She ordered bloodwork to check my cholestrol ( I took myself off the zetia when I started IP). I told her about my sensitivity to the sucralose in the IP packets, and she said was Pleased I'm continuing on the protein powder.

On another note, I am going to Fla to help out my mom who lives there. She's been not feeling herself and refuses to beleive she needs to slow down- she is 84+.. So I am packing my protein powder in my checked suitcase.. I am gonna journal ...I won't have internet access oct 4-10th, but will miss you all..
I did tell my mom about my weight loss and she was so happy for me.. I am determined to get under 200 by oct 4!!!!!
I get a massage on Friday too! Treasure your time with your mom!

Began IP 7/7/10 and lost 85 pounds--regained about 25. Back to finish what I started!
"If you can learn to master the moment of decision, you will master life." --Matthew Kelly
My Blog
Old 09-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #52
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I get a massage on Friday too! Treasure your time with your mom!
Thanks Marion!! Enjoy your massage as well!!!

My mom saw me in early July size 24W, and now I'm 16W.. she will be so happy to see LESS of me!!! I told her on the phone I have been losing weight- I didn't want her to think I'm ill.. you know how mom's worry!! lol
Plus I can't wait to see her face as she sees me....

Her pool is ready for me to swim a few laps 2x a day!! woo hoo!! I get weighed the day after I fly home, and I am keeping that appt!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #53

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
. . . . . . In that spirit I will commit to not cheating today. I will also commit to not cheating tomorrow. I honored that same commitment yesterday and the day before. And with each successful day that commitment grows stronger and reaching my goal becomes more of a reality. And reaching my goal is, and always has been, the reason I can't, won't and don't cheat.
The whole composition is very inspiring. Having that steel-strong commitment is what will take us to the goal, especially those of us who have a long way and several months to go.
Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #54

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post

WTG everyone. It kinda hit home paying for my IP this week how much I am investing in myself and I have to keep telling myself I am worth it.

This week for my jello I am going to mix it up and put it in small containers and keep them in the fridge for a snack once a day. I know it is going a bit over but I like the jello and it is a real pick me up and makes me feel like I am cheating.

Ciebelle,

Yes, you are worth it!

I too make my jello up in batches. It's convenient doing it this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
Today's my 3WI. I'm hoping to see another decrease to get me into a weight category I haven't seen in 3 years.

While I'm still new, I've embraced this program full force. For me the weight loss is an added bonus. I started it because of major stomach issues. I'm happy to say that since I started it, I've had a normal stomach--something I haven't been able to say in 5 years. I also am off my BP medicine. With those results I can't even imagine cheating and going back to the way life was, in fact, I'm scared of getting to the end for a couple of reasons. 1. I've never met my skinny self and I have no idea what she will be like. 2. I'm afraid that as I go back to normal food my stomach will rebel and i will get stuck back to what I was before. BUT looking on the positive side I've got 100+ to go before I have to start thinking about that and I know I've got the support of my family and my 3FC family.

Thanks for being so supportive!

Jess
HI Jess,

The longer I'm on the plan, the more I learn about myself and why I gained the weight in the first place (and how I'll be strong enough to keep it off). I've also discovered a side of myself I'd forgotten about: that I'm a worthy person and deserve to feel good about myself AND to also look good. I've grown sssooooooooo much confidence wise in the past 7 months and yes, I'm a little hesitant about phasing off and what maintenance will bring, but I'm not fearful of it.

Congrats on your accomplishments so far! I have a feeling you're going to love the skinny you. Enjoy where you're at, allow yourself to live in the moment and don't worry about the future, it'll be here before you know it.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #55
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Brandon just told me he gets home on Dec. 22 now instead of the 21! Bummer! Won't let it ruin my day though!!
But just think about how wonderful it is that you can talk, even though he's half a world away. I know. I know. Sometimes it just intensifies the idea of distance. But I really think it's a kind of great gift. I live on Skype calls.

I remember an afternoon when I was three and my mother held me up to the phone on the wall so I could hear my father say he was coming home. The last time I'd hear him was over the claxtons screaming the shipping out noise. It sure was memorable, but. . . .
Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #56

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone, hope everyone has a great week!! Down to 182.8 this morning... come on 170s! So close! Was thinking about the Halloween challenge and not sure if I'm going to make it since I started two weeks late, but I was calculating what I need to lose to get there, and I realized if I made it, I would only have 0.2 to go to be in phase 2! 15.8 lbs until phase 2! I'm excited and nervous!
You can do it, just think how great you will look when you meet Brandon in Dec.!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !! Couldn't have even imagined this number 17 weeks ago.

Was away for the weekend and meals out were awesome - am so learning how to do this....all you have to do is ask. This plan works and works well !!

Have a great day everyone !
75 lbs!!! you go gir!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
So I haven't been able to read the forums much over the last week, but yesterday I reached 30 lbs lost. Sometimes it feels like 'yay me', and sometimes it's hard to believe. I've never succeded at losing weight before so it's kind of a new thing. Sometimes I even though I know it's a great thing that I've lost 30 lbs, and I can see that I look better, I can't help seeing and thinking about how much more weight/fat I want gone. Anyways, enough babblling, mostly I'm very happy I got to 30 lbs gone.

Hope you all have a great week!
30 lbs is fabulous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
Well, Congratz to all of you who managed a weekend without cheats! I on the other hand did not make it through.... I take comfort in the fact that I only cheated with IP products and not junk food. Saturday I had 4 IP packets but 3 of those were restricted . It's still better than the choc. chip cookies and rice crispy squares that my hubby made!!!

Today is a big day for me. As of this morning, I am half way through! I am now confident to make my goal and maybe more before Christmas! I started with a goal of 150 but really....I would love to get down to 140 or 135! I'm just scared to write that one down.

I'm thinking of going all the way to 150 on phase 1, then switching to phase 2 and lose the rest...I don't know if that is the right way to do it...
Congrats on such great will power!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Congrats to all the scale and NSV vicotories over the weekend

Well this is almost the end of my second week and so far so good. I am finding new veggies eat that I thought I wouldn't like. Today is a long day for me scratch that this week will be a long week, test and so many appt. with childrens extra cricular activities, wish me luck in making sure I get all my water and packets in sometimes it is hard to plan around these events. But I know that planning is the key.

Everyone have a great start to your week and keep up the good work.
You can do it, a little planning goes a long way

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Happy Monday everyone! This week looks like it may be very busy school wise so I will have to try extra hard to make sure I stick to plan, but coming here and reading helps me out so much! Congrats on getting through another week and good luck on this one. One week at a time. Official weigh in this morning and I'm down 6 lbs. I hope all weeks go this well (wishful thinking right??) I am trying very hard to meet the Halloween challenge... we'll see!
You are doing great!!! keep up the great job!

Another NSV - I no longer have CANKLES(that's when your calves and your ankles are one). You can now see my ankle bone!! Yeah!![/quote]

Great NSV!!!

[quote=tbf410;3497559]Today's my 3WI. I'm hoping to see another decrease to get me into a weight category I haven't seen in 3 years.

While I'm still new, I've embraced this program full force. For me the weight loss is an added bonus. I started it because of major stomach issues. I'm happy to say that since I started it, I've had a normal stomach--something I haven't been able to say in 5 years. I also am off my BP medicine. With those results I can't even imagine cheating and going back to the way life was, in fact, I'm scared of getting to the end for a couple of reasons. 1. I've never met my skinny self and I have no idea what she will be like. 2. I'm afraid that as I go back to normal food my stomach will rebel and i will get stuck back to what I was before. BUT looking on the positive side I've got 100+ to go before I have to start thinking about that and I know I've got the support of my family and my 3FC family.

Thanks for being so supportive!

Jess[/QUOTE

IP is wonderful for so many things besides loosing weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
Someone hijacked my email address and sent everyone in my address book messages and links about diet plans and simple ways to lose weight. My friends have been emailing and calling me, saying it didn't sound like something I would write. No kidding!! I will have to abandon my email account that I've had for YEARS until I get this cleared up. Some people are just unscrupulous!
I would be mad to!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I am at a conference through Thursday. Please send me willpower dust to avoid all of the carbs especially the sweets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post

I am excited as I'm down 3 pounds over the weekend! It's so weird how I can tell the night before that I'm going to be down. My stomach is where I'm mostly losing from and I can see the indent at my waist get more and more defined. It's so crazy as I had gotten so big and tight in my middle that I had no waist and I could barely stand up. It was like pushing myself out of a chair like a very pregnant women. Now I can bend at the middle and I can cross my legs!
Well have a wonderful week everyone!!!

Your cheer of the day:
We will lose it yes we can! We will flush it down the can! Gooooooo team!
Way to go...luv your cheer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Week 2 weigh in 3.4 pounds for a total of 8.8 pounds. It is interesting on this diet that 3 pounds seems to trivial..but really that is pretty good. When out and stocked up on veggies galore. I am in love with kale chips right now and so are my kids so I look like I am feeding a herd of animals with the amount of kale I am buying.

NSV No cheat weekend! It was tough I worked and it was a night shift and people brought in ..count em:
2 dozen donuts
2 packs of halloween sized reeses peanut butter cups
1 giant bag of jujubes
Dutch short bread
and assorted other items.

I did not cheat

I also baked more muffins and more pizza and still no cheating. I am revelling in this while it lasts.

WTG everyone. It kinda hit home paying for my IP this week how much I am investing in myself and I have to keep telling myself I am worth it.

This week for my jello I am going to mix it up and put it in small containers and keep them in the fridge for a snack once a day. I know it is going a bit over but I like the jello and it is a real pick me up and makes me feel like I am cheating.

I put an order in for WF so that should come late this week..went a little crazy but..hey..

Anyway take care all
Cie
Great will power

Quote:

Great news from your Dr. enjoy your time with your Mom:hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmlp View Post
today was my fifth weigh in..Down 16 lbs total!
Great job!!

JUST FOR TODAY....is all we have, if we can change our attitude for that short time then tomorrow we can reaffirm the "Just For Today"

Last edited by Journeysend : 09-27-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #57
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I feel so much better physically and mentally knowing I can stay on Dr Tien's plan! God Bless YOU ALL who helped me on this

I love this site!!!!!
I suspect the sentiment is returned.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #58

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Having an OK day. Did some exercise at home with ONDemand so changing it up a bit to see if that can shake some lbs off. Still having lots of issues with the Big C and trying more water. My scale has moved at least 2 lbs since last weigh in so hopefully by Wed a.m. I'll get another or two. Almost 1 full month on IP and might have to start shopping for clothes. I've not been this weight or lower in 15 years so things are going to get weird for me. Still wish I could fast forward to see it off but this is so much faster than WW I really can't complain.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #59
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Well, the BF has been gone for 5 days now....why is it so much easier to eat right when he is gone? I have 7 more days without him....suppose I could drop another 10 before he gets back!??!?!! I hope so!!!!!

Happy IP day everyone!

Married 8/6/11 to my best friend! And now.....

Progress Photos....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to-plunge.html
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #60
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
So I haven't been able to read the forums much over the last week, but yesterday I reached 30 lbs lost. Sometimes it feels like 'yay me', and sometimes it's hard to believe. I've never succeded at losing weight before so it's kind of a new thing. Sometimes I even though I know it's a great thing that I've lost 30 lbs, and I can see that I look better, I can't help seeing and thinking about how much more weight/fat I want gone. Anyways, enough babblling, mostly I'm very happy I got to 30 lbs gone.

Hope you all have a great week!
I was struck by how much your penguin looks like a yin yang symbol, poised mid-way on your scale. Time to move to the brighter side.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.