3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat - Monday 9/27/2010

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
The Dress
 
Coastalcrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 406

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Default

Good Morning ALL!!
Congrats to all the great losses-pounds and inches!!!!
Yesterday I began the protein powder that compares to IP drink packets.. I bought it at a drug store locally. It does have sucralose but it is the last ingredient listed! So that means there is very little in it! It did not bother me at all yesterday! WOO HOO!! I feel so much better physically and mentally knowing I can stay on Dr Tien's plan! God Bless YOU ALL who helped me on this!
I shared with my coach that I am doing the protein powder alternative cause of my migraines, she was VERY supportative! (hope I spelled that right) She told me she didn't even KNOW about this alternative...

I love this site!!!!!
__________________
beginning again (modified version of IP)

Coastalcrafter is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Traveling Stitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !! Couldn't have even imagined this number 17 weeks ago.

Was away for the weekend and meals out were awesome - am so learning how to do this....all you have to do is ask. This plan works and works well !!

Have a great day everyone !
I'm with Linden--I'm not sure a simple "Wow!" says enough!! That is fabulous, super-duper, crazy good, amazing, and waycool!!!


__________________


One dancer for each 5 lbs. lost

Traveling Stitcher is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Traveling Stitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
So I haven't been able to read the forums much over the last week, but yesterday I reached 30 lbs lost. Sometimes it feels like 'yay me', and sometimes it's hard to believe. I've never succeded at losing weight before so it's kind of a new thing. Sometimes I even though I know it's a great thing that I've lost 30 lbs, and I can see that I look better, I can't help seeing and thinking about how much more weight/fat I want gone. Anyways, enough babblling, mostly I'm very happy I got to 30 lbs gone.

Hope you all have a great week!
How great is that?? I can't wait to feel like that--unable to believe how much I have lost!! Congratulations!!!

__________________


One dancer for each 5 lbs. lost

Traveling Stitcher is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Traveling Stitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good Morning ALL!!
Congrats to all the great losses-pounds and inches!!!!
Yesterday I began the protein powder that compares to IP drink packets.. I bought it at a drug store locally. It does have sucralose but it is the last ingredient listed! So that means there is very little in it! It did not bother me at all yesterday! WOO HOO!! I feel so much better physically and mentally knowing I can stay on Dr Tien's plan! God Bless YOU ALL who helped me on this!
I shared with my coach that I am doing the protein powder alternative cause of my migraines, she was VERY supportative! (hope I spelled that right) She told me she didn't even KNOW about this alternative...

I love this site!!!!!
Oh, I am so happy for you! I have been reading about your problems and I am so glad one of the wise women (and man) on the site were able to help you!
__________________


One dancer for each 5 lbs. lost

Traveling Stitcher is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
elle12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 255/175/168

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good Morning ALL!!
Congrats to all the great losses-pounds and inches!!!!
Yesterday I began the protein powder that compares to IP drink packets.. I bought it at a drug store locally. It does have sucralose but it is the last ingredient listed! So that means there is very little in it! It did not bother me at all yesterday! WOO HOO!! I feel so much better physically and mentally knowing I can stay on Dr Tien's plan! God Bless YOU ALL who helped me on this!
I shared with my coach that I am doing the protein powder alternative cause of my migraines, she was VERY supportative! (hope I spelled that right) She told me she didn't even KNOW about this alternative...

I love this site!!!!!
Great news ---- I am so happy for you You are on your way again!!!

Elle
__________________


WI 0: -70
WI 1: -6.5
WI 2: -1.5
WI 3: -2.0
WI 4: -0.5
WI 5: +0.5
elle12 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #21
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 967

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Brandon just told me he gets home on Dec. 22 now instead of the 21! Bummer! Won't let it ruin my day though!!
__________________

Last edited by shrinkingsusie : 09-27-2010 at 11:50 AM.
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #22
1/5/11
 
rachel13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburg, KS
Posts: 149

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Default

Happy Monday everyone! This week looks like it may be very busy school wise so I will have to try extra hard to make sure I stick to plan, but coming here and reading helps me out so much! Congrats on getting through another week and good luck on this one. One week at a time. Official weigh in this morning and I'm down 6 lbs. I hope all weeks go this well (wishful thinking right??) I am trying very hard to meet the Halloween challenge... we'll see!
__________________


MINI GOAL: SOUTH PADRE TEXAS 3/20/2011


rachel13 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #23
Skinny girl in training
 
jency's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 171

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Default

Ok TOM question... disregard the following men! LOL

I generally have 1-2 days of irritability about a week before my TOM hits. About 2/3rds of the way through the first day I realize why EVERYTHING is pissing me off, and then I just deal with it. However this month I've been irritable almost a week! I've read that people have been experiencing longer then normal TOM, but has that included longer periods of irritable mood swings and bloating too? I still can't believe I"m retaining water with how much I pee everyday! haha
__________________



Highest weight 336 - IP Starting weight 292 - Started IP Sept 2010

Moving on down to a healthy weight 5 lbs at at time!

jency is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #24
just Rhonda please!
 
RhondaLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Default

Starting over today because I cheated over the weekend. Hey--at least I'm starting over again in a positive way & with a positive attitude. I weigh in tonight. Very nervous because of my cheating this weekend (remember, I started the cinnamon roll talk in the weekend thread) and the big C. Ooooohhhh, how I have the big C bad. I have to ask my IP coach (my ob/gyn) what do about the constipation. Someone posted they lost 3 lbs when they finally went to the toilet. I wish & need to lose that 3 lbs. before I weigh in. Anything I can do & eat in the next 8 hours to help me "go" ?
__________________
RhondaLynn is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
elle12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 137

S/C/G: 255/175/168

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Anything I can do & eat in the next 8 hours to help me "go" ?
Magnesium Citrate "milk of magnesia" works wonders for me, and fast sometimes, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Ok TOM question... disregard the following men! LOL

I generally have 1-2 days of irritability about a week before my TOM hits. About 2/3rds of the way through the first day I realize why EVERYTHING is pissing me off, and then I just deal with it. However this month I've been irritable almost a week! I've read that people have been experiencing longer then normal TOM, but has that included longer periods of irritable mood swings and bloating too? I still can't believe I"m retaining water with how much I pee everyday! haha
Yes!! I have had more than usual irritable hormonal times. Usually as soon as I start I feel better but this month was horrible.
__________________


WI 0: -70
WI 1: -6.5
WI 2: -1.5
WI 3: -2.0
WI 4: -0.5
WI 5: +0.5
elle12 is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #26
Dave - The Speedo King
 
salesgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 280

Default Cheating

I guess this is what happens when you have a busy weekend and don't look at the threads for a while. I didn't even realize there was a "let's not cheat this weekend challenge."

Maybe I'm up in the night, but is it really that hard not to cheat on IP? If the cost of the IP packets weren't enough to deter someone, the life changing weight loss and the benefits of better health should be.

Over the past few months, I've put myself into some awkward social situations where the potential to cheat was high. Instead of cheating, I used those situations to recruit the support of family and friends in helping me to stick to it. When everyone else was hanging out, eating chips and dips, cookies, brownies and various other goodies, I stuck to my lemon pudding and celery and fielded their questions about why I wasn't indulging. Every time this has happened, I've added to the following of the curious who are now watching my progress. They don't wave the brownies in my face and pressure me to eat them. In fact, I think they'd be disappointed if I did take one.

That's not to say I haven't cheated over the past few months. But each cheat was planned in advance (my anniversary, for example) where the cheat was a meal or two off the protocol, and discussed with my coach in advance.

It's fair to say that the first several weeks on IP were the hardest in terms of avoiding temptation and staying on the protocol. I think that's normal. Your mind and body take a while to give up their desire for bread and sugar. A trip to the grocery store opens your eyes to all of the things you can't eat. Soon enough, that changes from can't eat to won't eat to don't eat.

I was offered cookies three times this weekend, cake twice, donuts once. When I turned the donuts down I was offered a banana and some gatorade. When I passed on that and took a bottle of water instead, I got some strange looks. But frankly, it's just as easy to say no to a cookie as it is to say yes. And since I know it's better for me to say no, it's actually easier to say no than yes.

You really can't do IP as an on again, off again program. It doesn't work that way. My apologies if I don't seem to understand what you're going through and how hard it is to not cheat. I do understand. I've been through it. Sometimes it takes long term perspective to reach short term goals. Short term goals can lead to long term results, but only when the long term goal remains the most important.

In that spirit I will commit to not cheating today. I will also commit to not cheating tomorrow. I honored that same commitment yesterday and the day before. And with each successful day that commitment grows stronger and reaching my goal becomes more of a reality. And reaching my goal is, and always has been, the reason I can't, won't and don't cheat.
__________________
The skeptics can kiss my steadily shrinking backside!



1 Happy Chef for every 5 lbs. lost:
............................
...............................

Started IP April 7, 2010
salesgod is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #27
Started IP 7/7/2010
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !! Couldn't have even imagined this number 17 weeks ago.

Was away for the weekend and meals out were awesome - am so learning how to do this....all you have to do is ask. This plan works and works well !!

Have a great day everyone !
That's great! You've given me a new goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post
So I haven't been able to read the forums much over the last week, but yesterday I reached 30 lbs lost. Sometimes it feels like 'yay me', and sometimes it's hard to believe. I've never succeded at losing weight before so it's kind of a new thing. Sometimes I even though I know it's a great thing that I've lost 30 lbs, and I can see that I look better, I can't help seeing and thinking about how much more weight/fat I want gone. Anyways, enough babblling, mostly I'm very happy I got to 30 lbs gone.

Hope you all have a great week!
I totally know what you mean. I still can't believe how much I've lost, how quickly and how easy it has been! Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good Morning ALL!!
Congrats to all the great losses-pounds and inches!!!!
Yesterday I began the protein powder that compares to IP drink packets.. I bought it at a drug store locally. It does have sucralose but it is the last ingredient listed! So that means there is very little in it! It did not bother me at all yesterday! WOO HOO!! I feel so much better physically and mentally knowing I can stay on Dr Tien's plan! God Bless YOU ALL who helped me on this!
I shared with my coach that I am doing the protein powder alternative cause of my migraines, she was VERY supportative! (hope I spelled that right) She told me she didn't even KNOW about this alternative...

I love this site!!!!!
I'm glad you found something that works for you. The sucralose was my one hesitation about the program because I've had issue with other artificial sweeteners but so far, I've been fine. I get some headaches but they are minor and I think they are more related to timing of meals.


I had a no cheat weekend. Actually, a no cheat 3 months. It just seems such a waste to cheat and like the only one I'm hurting is me. This is a time for caring for me, not hurting me.

I'd love to see the 230's on Wednesday at my weigh in and Friday brings a massage! Saturday, we have our big Fall Showcase event where I get to wear my awesome dress. Oh and the best part is this is my husbands last week of working nights! I'm ready to have a normal schedule again.
__________________



Began IP 7/7/10 and lost 85 pounds--regained about 25. Back to finish what I started!
"If you can learn to master the moment of decision, you will master life." --Matthew Kelly
My Blog
Marionm is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
:)
 
shrinkingsusie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 967

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

I just posted some progress photos in my feed they gave me, but where do I click to find them now? All I have is this link Shrinkingsusie's IP Progress Photos But where is it from the main page??
__________________
shrinkingsusie is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
Started IP 7/7/2010
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I guess this is what happens when you have a busy weekend and don't look at the threads for a while. I didn't even realize there was a "let's not cheat this weekend challenge."

Maybe I'm up in the night, but is it really that hard not to cheat on IP? If the cost of the IP packets weren't enough to deter someone, the life changing weight loss and the benefits of better health should be.

Over the past few months, I've put myself into some awkward social situations where the potential to cheat was high. Instead of cheating, I used those situations to recruit the support of family and friends in helping me to stick to it. When everyone else was hanging out, eating chips and dips, cookies, brownies and various other goodies, I stuck to my lemon pudding and celery and fielded their questions about why I wasn't indulging. Every time this has happened, I've added to the following of the curious who are now watching my progress. They don't wave the brownies in my face and pressure me to eat them. In fact, I think they'd be disappointed if I did take one.

That's not to say I haven't cheated over the past few months. But each cheat was planned in advance (my anniversary, for example) where the cheat was a meal or two off the protocol, and discussed with my coach in advance.

It's fair to say that the first several weeks on IP were the hardest in terms of avoiding temptation and staying on the protocol. I think that's normal. Your mind and body take a while to give up their desire for bread and sugar. A trip to the grocery store opens your eyes to all of the things you can't eat. Soon enough, that changes from can't eat to won't eat to don't eat.

I was offered cookies three times this weekend, cake twice, donuts once. When I turned the donuts down I was offered a banana and some gatorade. When I passed on that and took a bottle of water instead, I got some strange looks. But frankly, it's just as easy to say no to a cookie as it is to say yes. And since I know it's better for me to say no, it's actually easier to say no than yes.

You really can't do IP as an on again, off again program. It doesn't work that way. My apologies if I don't seem to understand what you're going through and how hard it is to not cheat. I do understand. I've been through it. Sometimes it takes long term perspective to reach short term goals. Short term goals can lead to long term results, but only when the long term goal remains the most important.

In that spirit I will commit to not cheating today. I will also commit to not cheating tomorrow. I honored that same commitment yesterday and the day before. And with each successful day that commitment grows stronger and reaching my goal becomes more of a reality. And reaching my goal is, and always has been, the reason I can't, won't and don't cheat.
Loud applause for Dave's wise words and his steadily shrinking backside!
__________________



Began IP 7/7/10 and lost 85 pounds--regained about 25. Back to finish what I started!
"If you can learn to master the moment of decision, you will master life." --Matthew Kelly
My Blog
Marionm is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #30
Member
 
nursemel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default No More Cankles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Hello everyone
I did not stick to my challenge and it was mostly due to feeling really down so I will have to work on that. My son worked all weekend my daughter was with her father and i felt really lonely I guess. Crazy
sheila1971: No point on dwelling on the past, what's done is done. Pick yourself and keep on moving. The next time you feel lonely. Post here on the board. Someone is always out there to help you out!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !! Couldn't have even imagined this number 17 weeks ago.
Emma Jayne All I can say is WOW!! That is truly amazing. You are such an inspiration to me. I have 70+ lbs to lose. You go Girl!!:e ncore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
Today is a big day for me. As of this morning, I am half way through! I am now confident to make my goal and maybe more before Christmas! I started with a goal of 150 but really....I would love to get down to 140 or 135! I'm just scared to write that one down.

I'm thinking of going all the way to 150 on phase 1, then switching to phase 2 and lose the rest...I don't know if that is the right way to do it...
melaniestf Write it down!!! You can do it!!


Another NSV - I no longer have CANKLES(that's when your calves and your ankles are one). You can now see my ankle bone!! Yeah!!
__________________
Melanie
One for every 5 lbs gone

nursemel is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I P Weekend Chat, September 25-26, 2010 Linden Ideal Protein Diet 148 09-27-2010 11:10 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2