Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #46  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Had to share... after a way-off-track weekend last weekend celebrating DH's 30th, I got strict... welcome back, ketosis... and lost enough (7.4) to hit my 50 lbs this week! 50 POUNDS!!! 11 weeks is what that took. AH!!! So excited today! (I'm not quite 1/3 of the way to my goal, but I've never stuck with any diet over 25 lbs of loss, so YES, I can do it!!)
Old 09-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #47  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Had to share... after a way-off-track weekend last weekend celebrating DH's 30th, I got strict... welcome back, ketosis... and lost enough (7.4) to hit my 50 lbs this week! 50 POUNDS!!! 11 weeks is what that took. AH!!! So excited today! (I'm not quite 1/3 of the way to my goal, but I've never stuck with any diet over 25 lbs of loss, so YES, I can do it!!)
4.5 pound average a week! Oh! Takes my breath away.

Last edited by Linden; 09-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Coastalcrafter I am sending you cyber hugs today. I have had migraines for all of my adult life and they suck. Thankfully the IP has not triggered mine but I do feel your pain. I use a medication called Maxalt for migraines. It gets rid of most of mine. I end up in the ER about 2x a year with one that just wont give up. I also use T3 and the odd oxycontin. ...one of the things that makes mine worse..Ibuprophen..it can take a regular headache and turn it into a blinding headache in minutes. I did not question it until I started getting a rash and heart palpations from it. Anyway..you probably have tried it all..but I would encourage you to eat something, IP or not cause low blood sugar is gonna make it worse.

Keep us updated
Cie
Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom
I'm pledging to stick to a NO CHEAT weekend. Who's with me?

count me in tooo!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #50  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

CC I hope they can find out what the problem is so you can have a chance of staying on IP... maybe try shakes from EAS Edge? Just to see if maybe they won't trigger a migraine... that's what I use on a daily basis and it hasn't slowed my loss at all...

Linden.. Very clever... unfortunately I should have said their mother cooks everything in sight and I'm more than welcome to help the boys chow down... lol
Old 09-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #51  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
4.5 pound average a week! Oh! Takes my breath away.

Last edited by Linden; 09-25-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #52  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm in too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
No official WI this week - got to the clinic at 0550 yesterday to see a sign on the door that the coach had a death in the family. So used my scale. Had a great NSV this week- was able to buy 2 pair of pants that don't have elastic waists - that is a big first in a long time. They fit well in the butt and thigh area too. Not only have I lost weight, I'm changing shape. My waist has always been bigger than my bust and hips. If I bought something that fit my waist - real big in the butt and thighs. The actual size is still variable depending on the style and if I buy from Women s or Miss department.
As I get ready to move to phase II I have a couple of questions for all of you, especially the ones who have "boldly gone before": Did you continue to change in size and shape after the transitions and as the weight loss slowed or stopped? Has anyone considered having a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery once all the weight is lost? What were some of the concerns (besides $) associated with plastic surgery? I'm sure I want to loose another 10-15 pounds once I hit goal - but I'm thinking I want to hold at the new weight for a bit, then go for the rest of it - What are your thoughts, insights? I doubt I'm alone in my musings.
Jean
for all of us!
I wonder about the skin on my belly. I guess I'll have to see how bad it is once I get down further. I never really expect to wear a two piece that anyone would see. I'm a little too old for that, so it's just my husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Hello, all you Ipers out there. Today has been busy with studing for what seems like an endless amount of school test that are coming my way. Between test and the kids I am going nuts today. It would be a perfect day for a snack, however I have made it through the day thus far and expect I will do the same for the rest of the evenings. It is most likely due to test and other distractions that put me at the weight I am now. So for today I will drink my water and remember that these times will pass.

On a brighter note I was able to put on a shirt without the arms being tight if that isn't encouragment to stay away from sweats I don't know what is.

Have a great weekend
I can commiserate with you. My last 8 weeks of classes were ugly. My kids wonder why I have alarms on my phone to tell me to eat and take supplements!

I had a great day out at the mall with my daughters. This is first major excursion sans the cast so it was nice. I can still keep up with them! Now it's time to settle in for the evening and play some games with the family!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:56 PM   #53  

Quote:
AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work!!

Okay, today was soooo hard, my mom came to visit and brought her meatballs and sauce!!! OMG...i come from a big italian family and I grew up with my family all my cousins and grandparents sitting around the table eating pasta and meatballs...so all those nostalgic feelings were there and I was just imagining popping in 1, maybe 2, maybe 5 meatballs...and then remembering my Dad enjoying the meal with us (he passed away 7 yrs. ago) but thank goodness for the power of prayer...i made it through!! I ate my big salad with grilled tuna very good....
Old 09-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Does anyone know where I can find the nutritional values for all the IP products? And what's the limit on daily carb intake? Is there a suggested carb intake for being on the IP Bootcamp?
Thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #55  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

so i was just thinking about it and besides calories... what is wrong with say taking shots of jack daniels (calories 68, sugars 0, carbs 0) ??
Old 09-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I May have to go off IP....yup.. I had an IP pudding last night and headache started an hour later- so bad I had to go to bed ... so there is something in ALL the packets that is triggering them! ... My appt is on monday with owner of IP store. I am drinking ice cold plain water to flush out toxins from packets ( if that's what's bothering me?)

I am so frustrated and so saddened by all this..
Awwwwww, CC. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I think there are a fair number of ideas about non-processed foods you can use in the alternatives thread. (It's been a while since I've read it start to finish).
navy_mom's suggestion about following IP using a protein powder that doesn't provoke headaches is a really interesting one. I hope the person you meet with on Monday has a workable solution for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
I found Walden Farms products at Metro. I don't know if you have Metro in Sask--they took over Dominions here in Ontario. The WF products were in a stand by themselves at the beginning of an aisle, not in the regular shelves.
Pinky ... that's exactly where I found mine - on an almost aisle-cap in a Metro store. I think at the store I went to, it was next to the spices.

Jacqueline Which Metro did you find the WF? I went to several before finding them at Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I am sitting in statistics class all day. I will be so glad to get this class over with. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Whoa! Talk about perseverance. If you can stick statistics for a whole day, you can conquer the world. And I like math.
[open nerd voice tag] I love statistics. I've taught it for the last 4 years in quality programs. My experience was that it was a fog the first time, a fog the second time, but started to clear the third time I went through a course. [/close nerd voice tag]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
NO CHEAT WEEKEND!!!! They are always the hardest for me. Usually I spend the weekend at my boyfriend's parent's house who have 3 boys who eat A LOT and who are all skinny as rails so they eat everything in sight and never have to worry about it. Needless to say I usually fail on the weekends but I don't want to be on this diet forever so a few more weeks of not visiting should keep me honest. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS.... repeat that to yourself if you're having trouble... it really helps!
One of these days -- maybe today? -- you'll be able to easily and freely say no. I've found it's far easier to say no and to keep saying no to the first one than to say no to the second, third, etc. Think about the pride you'll have in yourself knowing that you kept your promise to YOURSELF! It's not about cheating or not cheating or about right and wrong, but about truly honoring yourself and your word. Hope it's going well and that you're keeping your eye on the prize -- a lean and healthy Rachel!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-25-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

I've thought about the "tummy tuck" because I'd like to have a more "normal" shape - one that is more in proportion - and easier to fit. Not a Barbie doll - but less belly than boobs and butt
Can't imagine me in a 2 piece or bare midriff - comes to mind!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #58  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I am in!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #59  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
I've thought about the "tummy tuck" because I'd like to have a more "normal" shape - one that is more in proportion - and easier to fit. Not a Barbie doll - but less belly than boobs and butt
Can't imagine me in a 2 piece or bare midriff - comes to mind!
By the time you reach your goal this probably won't be an issue.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #60  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
so i was just thinking about it and besides calories... what is wrong with say taking shots of jack daniels (calories 68, sugars 0, carbs 0) ??
Take a look at this: http://www.lookcut.com/articles/alco...ight-loss.html
Closed Thread