Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
First off, the messages in the weekend thread are 'm Svelting! I just doing a guest stint.

We have a good organic and health food store in Hilo and a nutritionist I trust. Here's his recommendation for hair loss, or to stave of the potential: Inositol Capsules, NOW brand, 500 mg. Inositol is a part of the B-complex family and can also be taken in combination with a B-complex vitamin with Coline and TMG, but need not be.

Essentially Inositol, by itself, is "a nutrient that's considered a member of the B-vitamin family. It is found in cell membrane structures and is important for metabolism of fat and cholesterol, including removal of fat from the liver." Dosage is 1-3 tablets a day, and a bottle of 100 tablets costs $8.99 in this particular store.

He swears by it for cancer patients and people with hypothyroidism who have lost hair.

I'm not endorsing or recommending Inositol. Just putting it on the table in case you want to do some research on your own or ask your coach or another professional.
Thanks for the info, I don't want to lose hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
I posted about this a few days ago but it is still on my mind. I only had 13 days between my periods. Having a horrible hormonal month-- and have read here that IP can mess with your cylce but I have ALWAYS been very regular (28 days) and do not take birth control. I am 35 years old.

Has anyone else had this happen to them on IP and if so does it go back to normal?

I am going to search for past discussions because I remember reading them but this has nothing to do with birth control as I do not use any.

On a good note: this second cycle seems to have gotten me past my plateau.

Had bloodwork done yesterday and hope everything comes back OK.
When I started in July the Dr. at office I go to for IP said I see you haven't had a period for 5 years. Now you know you might get one. Wow, I couldn't believe it, I didn't but I sure felt like I was going to for about 4 weeks now am back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Well Good Morning Everyone!
I have to admit that I was starting to panic about my trip to Toronto next week. I spoke with my boss to find out what was on the agenda as far as dinners go and he assured me that we were eating at a restaurant. So normally during our conferences they offer plenty of salad and veggies so I wasn't worried and then....
I find out on the one day that we are going to a Bluejays game! Which means no restaurant for dinner instead hot dogs and pizza! I emailed my friend who has been there for support thinking that she would tell me that it's only one meal and to my surprise she had a fantastic idea. Speak to the hotel and in the morning have them deliver some raw veggies to my room and bring some ziploc baggies with me. My room has a fridge so I can store the veggies in there during the day and before we head out I can throw the baggie in my purse. That way while everyone is enjoying their greasy food I can still stay on program and I will bring an extra pack of protein with me since I won't be able to have meat!
I felt so relieved that I wouldn't have to venture off program! And then I got mad because I didn't think of it myself! haha
Good job on the planning. I have been to numerous major league games and nfl footballs games lately and have been able to find something to eat. So if all else fails I think you could still do it. Might be pickles and a plain burger

My company is leaving tomorrow and I can happily say I didn't cheat even with all the cooking and goodies around. I am almost to my new lower goal, I can't seem to get my ticker to change. I am starting on phase 2 now, we don't get to do that until we have lost 90 percent of our weight. I am ready!!!! I am ready for the big breakfast! YEAH
Old 09-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #32  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Wow I finally get a ticker.. I almost feel official!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #33  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

I May have to go off IP....yup.. I had an IP pudding last night and headache started an hour later- so bad I had to go to bed- who could sleep in all that pain? Went to work with it today, just drinking water and had my salt..and coffee with skim milk... felt like vomiting with migraine so could not eat a packet of any kind or bar.... about 11am , with headache gone, I made a packet of mushroom soup ( no artificial sweetner in that I am told) I had 1/2 of it and waited to see if I got a headache-- YUP.. about 90 mins later- wow! It began.. so there is something in ALL the packets that is triggering them! I can home and made 2 scrambled eggs- I have to eat something!( esp protein)
My appt is on monday with owner of IP store. I am drinking ice cold plain water to flush out toxins from packets ( if that's what's bothering me?)

I am so frustrated and so saddened by all this..
Old 09-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm pledging to stick to a NO CHEAT weekend. Who's with me?
I'm in!!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm pledging to stick to a NO CHEAT weekend. Who's with me?
ME!!! I'm with you!

I watched my kids make cookie brownies today and I didn't even lick my finger when the brownie batter got on it. Sweet victory!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #36  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
I May have to go off IP....yup.. I had an IP pudding last night and headache started an hour later- so bad I had to go to bed- who could sleep in all that pain? Went to work with it today, just drinking water and had my salt..and coffee with skim milk... felt like vomiting with migraine so could not eat a packet of any kind or bar.... about 11am , with headache gone, I made a packet of mushroom soup ( no artificial sweetner in that I am told) I had 1/2 of it and waited to see if I got a headache-- YUP.. about 90 mins later- wow! It began.. so there is something in ALL the packets that is triggering them! I can home and made 2 scrambled eggs- I have to eat something!( esp protein)
My appt is on monday with owner of IP store. I am drinking ice cold plain water to flush out toxins from packets ( if that's what's bothering me?)

I feel so badly for you. In the beginning I felt awful on IP
and my endocrinologist said no soy or eggs. That just about eliminated all IP food and I thought I'd have to give it up. I was heartbroken. So, I hope you can find something that you can eat. You only need one IP really.
I've just done the vanilla rtd boxes. Just one thing and you
can add the veggies and protein and be all good. That's how I have done it.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:

Do you know about Dr. Tran's website? He's the dr behind the way the IP works. Here's his website: http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
You can do the diet that is on his website. He has all the Phases on the diet, except you don't use the official IP packets. You use protein powder you buy yourself and make shakes. Plus his website is packed with information and even a online book you can read for free! Don't give up!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Are Walden Farms products available in grocery stores, or is it online only? I've been making my own salad dressings (olive oil & vinegar or mustard & vinegar with splenda) but would love to find the WF products, especially in the individual packets.
Hi Pinky,

I found Walden Farms products at Metro. I don't know if you have Metro in Sask--they took over Dominions here in Ontario. The WF products were in a stand by themselves at the beginning of an aisle, not in the regular shelves.

Are you in Saskatoon? I grew up there until I was 10. I still have relatives in PA, and very fond memories of summers at Emma Lake. Give my regards to that wonderful sky!

Jackie
Old 09-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #39  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
We usually BBQ on weekends if we can and I need a good BBQ sauce recipe for chicken. I scanned through the recipes section and nothing jumped out at me. Though I did copy and paste a lot of other great looking recipes that I will try this week!
Clean the chicken parts and pull of extra fat. Leave the skin on and lay out on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle heavily with a combo of smoky paprika and sweet paprika. And a little bit of cayenne. (you could do this in a ziplock, also)

Let the chicken warm to room temp, then heat the grill to very hot. Sear the chicken on both sides (about 2 min each side) turn the grill down to med/med-hi. Cook another hour, turning every 10 minutes. The fat cooks out of the skin and turns the dry rub into a bbq-like crust.

keep a water bottle handy as the fat dripping may flare up a lot

Last edited by Rocky Monarch; 09-25-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #40  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default errr the stess of test

Hello, all you Ipers out there. Today has been busy with studing for what seems like an endless amount of school test that are coming my way. Between test and the kids I am going nuts today. It would be a perfect day for a snack, however I have made it through the day thus far and expect I will do the same for the rest of the evenings. It is most likely due to test and other distractions that put me at the weight I am now. So for today I will drink my water and remember that these times will pass.

On a brighter note I was able to put on a shirt without the arms being tight if that isn't encouragment to stay away from sweats I don't know what is.

Have a great weekend
Old 09-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #41  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

CC, I am so sad for you. Pain is so debilitating it kind of blinds you to everything else, doesn't it. My son say that if somebody can't reading my Living Will regarding pain, they don't speak English.

So, since I am pain-free (sort of) for the moment, can I make a suggestion or two. One, have the FULL battery of allergy tests. You may have already done this in the past but new evidence proves that, contrary to previous thinking, adults CAN and DO develop new allergies, even into their '80s.

Lay off IP and anything else you think may be triggering the migraine. (I can't go near, let alone into, a beauty parlor to have my hair cut because of all the inhalants in the air. Fabric shops that buy cheap material preserved in formaldehyde -- have to walk somewhere else in the mall. Perfume, strong deodorants, forget it. Instant, searing pain over my right eye. Sound familiar?

If this is an occupational thing, on top of a chemical reaction to IP, you're going to be a candidate for disability if you don't watch out.

On the good side, life goes on. Move to an island whose trade winds are cleansed by a sweeping 2,500 mile trip across the Pacific except, of course, when you're down wind of the volcano which emits tons, I said tons, of sulfuric acid and ash a day. Well, maybe not.

If you can put your finger on the triggers, and I'll bet there are more than one (environmental as well as ingested), maybe the European IP diet can work. Heaven knows no one can fault you for stick to itiveness, and persevering, and trying to figure out what the h--- is going on. And besides, we'd miss you.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #42  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Weekends are so hard for me!! I ask for your prayers. I'm baking cinnamon rolls in the kitchen already for my son who wanted them. This is going to be tough . . .
I quit understand my daughter had a cinnamon roll in the car yesterday and the air was blowing it into my face, it was hard to get past how good it smelled so I asked her if she could wait 20mins and eat it at home.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #43  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
NO CHEAT WEEKEND!!!! They are always the hardest for me. Usually I spend the weekend at my boyfriend's parent's house who have 3 boys who eat A LOT and who are all skinny as rails so they eat everything in sight and never have to worry about it. Needless to say I usually fail on the weekends but I don't want to be on this diet forever so a few more weeks of not visiting should keep me honest. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS.... repeat that to yourself if you're having trouble... it really helps!
Well, gosh, if they eat everything in sight, just let 'em. That should solve the problem. But I also permit (as though I were the person giving out permits, sheez), I permit you to feel a little smug.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I am sitting in statistics class all day. I will be so glad to get this class over with. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.
Whoa! Talk about perseverance. If you can stick statistics for a whole day, you can conquer the world. And I like math.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Clean the chicken parts and pull of extra fat. Leave the skin on and lay out on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle heavily with a combo of smoky paprika and sweet paprika. And a little bit of cayenne. (you could do this in a ziplock, also)

Let the chicken warm to room temp, then heat the grill to very hot. Sear the chicken on both sides (about 2 min each side) turn the grill down to med/med-hi. Cook another hour, turning every 10 minutes. The fat cooks out of the skin and turns the dry rub into a bbq-like crust.

keep a water bottle handy as the fat dripping may flare up a lot
Thanks Rocky! That sounds good. Unfortunately the breasts I have this time are boneless/skinless, but I'll keep this recipe for later.
Closed Thread