Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #16  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I'm pledging to stick to a NO CHEAT weekend. Who's with me?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #17  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I'm with ya! The Twizzlers shouted my name so loudly yesterday and I caved big-time. Off to the grocery store now to buy some deliciously on plan veggies
Old 09-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #18  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

What are the chances we could get a sticky note regarding TOM topics?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 258/258/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all... the weather here in Northern Michigan has definitely turned into fall; blustery days and rain. I'm hoping for an Indian summer around the corner and some beautiful colored leaves, but I think not. So, the fireplace is burning and I keep thinking how wonderful homemade soups and stews would be right about now.... On the up side, this plan is melting the weight off the first few weeks and all I have to do is get out those pants that haven't fit for in the last year and celebrate!

Last edited by upnorth; 09-25-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #20  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Default Walden Farms Products

Are Walden Farms products available in grocery stores, or is it online only? I've been making my own salad dressings (olive oil & vinegar or mustard & vinegar with splenda) but would love to find the WF products, especially in the individual packets.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Are Walden Farms products available in grocery stores, or is it online only? I've been making my own salad dressings (olive oil & vinegar or mustard & vinegar with splenda) but would love to find the WF products, especially in the individual packets.
There is a limited supply of WF products at my local grocery. It is located in the diabetics section. And there is a complete line of them at a large, nearby Health Foods Unlimited. You might try calling around to see if a particular store carries their products. Or you can try using their store locator: http://www.waldenfarms.com/store_locator.html
Old 09-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #22  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just wanted to drop in and say hello i see so many newbies on here and am so happy to see that the word is spreading so rapidly about IP. to all my old friends; soon2be, carlashera, linden, hopefultricia, journeysend, sgory, shrinkingsusie, imsvelting-i am SO proud of you all. you all were there for me through my journey and i hope to make some time to be there for you for the end of yours. wannabe and bevs you look AMAZING! love you all!
Erin -- so glad you're back. AND I love knowing you have kept the weight off-- since that is my biggest fear with all diets. How have you been??? Has it been easy??? Please say yes...
Quote:
I am with you... really I am.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-25-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
What are the chances we could get a sticky note regarding TOM topics?
Good thought..and while we are at it, how about one for the big C ? Just a thought.
Thanks
Cie

The scale budged !!!!!!!! 2lbs down today after 3 days of no budging...
Old 09-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Default Need a BBQ sauce recipe!

We usually BBQ on weekends if we can and I need a good BBQ sauce recipe for chicken. I scanned through the recipes section and nothing jumped out at me. Though I did copy and paste a lot of other great looking recipes that I will try this week!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #25  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

NO CHEAT WEEKEND!!!! They are always the hardest for me. Usually I spend the weekend at my boyfriend's parent's house who have 3 boys who eat A LOT and who are all skinny as rails so they eat everything in sight and never have to worry about it. Needless to say I usually fail on the weekends but I don't want to be on this diet forever so a few more weeks of not visiting should keep me honest. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS.... repeat that to yourself if you're having trouble... it really helps!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #26  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
I posted about this a few days ago but it is still on my mind. I only had 13 days between my periods. Having a horrible hormonal month-- and have read here that IP can mess with your cylce but I have ALWAYS been very regular (28 days) and do not take birth control. I am 35 years old.

Has anyone else had this happen to them on IP and if so does it go back to normal?

I am going to search for past discussions because I remember reading them but this has nothing to do with birth control as I do not use any.

On a good note: this second cycle seems to have gotten me past my plateau.

Had bloodwork done yesterday and hope everything comes back OK.
I bumped the thread for you

go look at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3495196 and see what all is posted there... it is common
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

No official WI this week - got to the clinic at 0550 yesterday to see a sign on the door that the coach had a death in the family. So used my scale. Had a great NSV this week- was able to buy 2 pair of pants that don't have elastic waists - that is a big first in a long time. They fit well in the butt and thigh area too. Not only have I lost weight, I'm changing shape. My waist has always been bigger than my bust and hips. If I bought something that fit my waist - real big in the butt and thighs. The actual size is still variable depending on the style and if I buy from Women s or Miss department.
As I get ready to move to phase II I have a couple of questions for all of you, especially the ones who have "boldly gone before": Did you continue to change in size and shape after the transitions and as the weight loss slowed or stopped? Has anyone considered having a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery once all the weight is lost? What were some of the concerns (besides $) associated with plastic surgery? I'm sure I want to loose another 10-15 pounds once I hit goal - but I'm thinking I want to hold at the new weight for a bit, then go for the rest of it - What are your thoughts, insights? I doubt I'm alone in my musings.
Jean
for all of us!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I bumped the thread for you

go look at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3495196 and see what all is posted there... it is common
Thanks Elizabeth- there is a lot of good info and experiences listed there. It has made me feel a lot less worried reading other experiences-guess I just missed that some of them were not on birth control.

Elle

Last edited by elle12; 09-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Count me in !! My son same home yesterday with a big box of BIG chocolate bars he has to sell. Everyone had one except me. I told everyone if you are going to buy them please hide them. Last night while watching TV the darn Smarties were calling out my name. I kept saying to myself you can do this you can do this and I DID !! I did not give into temptation.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
No official WI this week - got to the clinic at 0550 yesterday to see a sign on the door that the coach had a death in the family. So used my scale. Had a great NSV this week- was able to buy 2 pair of pants that don't have elastic waists - that is a big first in a long time. They fit well in the butt and thigh area too. Not only have I lost weight, I'm changing shape. My waist has always been bigger than my bust and hips. If I bought something that fit my waist - real big in the butt and thighs. The actual size is still variable depending on the style and if I buy from Women s or Miss department.
As I get ready to move to phase II I have a couple of questions for all of you, especially the ones who have "boldly gone before": Did you continue to change in size and shape after the transitions and as the weight loss slowed or stopped? Has anyone considered having a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery once all the weight is lost? What were some of the concerns (besides $) associated with plastic surgery? I'm sure I want to loose another 10-15 pounds once I hit goal - but I'm thinking I want to hold at the new weight for a bit, then go for the rest of it - What are your thoughts, insights? I doubt I'm alone in my musings.
Jean
for all of us!
I too am curious about surgery. I have a huge scar from a kidney surgery and a scar from a hysterectomy. I don't have good muscles in my tummy so I would be considering a tummy tuck. I am from Canada and not sure what the cost would be. I think the could incorporate the kidney scar into the new scar if they did it. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cie
Closed Thread