Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #1  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default I P Weekend Chat, September 25-26, 2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hair loss, real or potential.

First off, the messages in the weekend thread are I'm Svelting! I'm just doing a guest stint.

We have a good organic and health food store in Hilo and a nutritionist I trust. Here's his recommendation for hair loss, or to stave of the potential: Inositol Capsules, NOW brand, 500 mg. Inositol is a part of the B-complex family and can also be taken in combination with a B-complex vitamin with Coline and TMG, but need not be.

Essentially Inositol, by itself, is "a nutrient that's considered a member of the B-vitamin family. It is found in cell membrane structures and is important for metabolism of fat and cholesterol, including removal of fat from the liver." Dosage is 1-3 tablets a day, and a bottle of 100 tablets costs $8.99 in this particular store.

He swears by it for cancer patients and people with hypothyroidism who have lost hair.

I'm not endorsing or recommending Inositol. Just putting it on the table in case you want to do some research on your own or ask your coach or another professional.

Last edited by Linden; 09-25-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #3  

Linden Thanks for starting the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
What a great afternoon. The sun was shining and it was 74 degrees out. While at work today I encountered the same advice from well meaning people. I am told on a daily basis, "Don't lose too much" and "you are just about finished aren't you?". I think people get use to seeing me "fat" and can't get use to me at a lesser weight. I am 5'2" tall for crying out loud and I still weigh 187. I have 62 pounds that I still want to lose. I have a bad knee, I am an insulin dependent diabetic, and I have high blood pressure. I need to be at a lower weight just for the health benefits. Who knows, maybe I won't need to lose that much, but I really wish people would not tell me that already. It discourages me - thanks for being here and letting me vent a little.
You may be right, that they're so used to seeing you a particular way that they can't imagine anything different. That's their limitation not yours, thank goodness. A whole lot of things wouldn't exist if it weren't for someone seeing the possibility of something new.

Smile sweetly, thank them for their advice/concern, and keep on trucking with your plan for your health. Let them worry about their own bodies. And if they don't leave you alone, just give 'em salesgod's line, "Kiss my steadily shrinking backside." (seriously Dave, you might want to register or TM that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
It's late, but I just had to share this. I am on day 5 and this evening was my first real test of willpower this week. I hosted a going away party for a work colleague that was planned weeks ago.
While everyone was enjoying glasses of wine and nibblies like Bits and Bites (my favourites!) and crackers and cheese, and chips and dip, I still managed to have a great time with my wine glass filled with Grapefruit Perrier. And THEN we served up dinner of lasagna, cesear salad and garlic toast. But I had a chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and salad.
I am so proud of myself and it actually wasn't that hard. I can do this!
I'll see your carrot and raise you two broccoli Great job managing an early challenge. You're right -- You CAN do this!

I didn't think clothing changed much in size after it's made and been washed, apparently it does. The clothes I purchased in August have grown.

My morning scale visit shows no change over the last week. I'm only a little disappointed, mostly curious about what could be going on. A busy, fun, engaging week at work has had me paying less attention to my eating and I've probably been lighter than required on the vegetables. We shall see at the official weigh-in on Monday.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:46 AM   #4  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

My daughter came over last night and we experimented with zucchini chips, both baked in the over and in the hydrator. I think I like the baked ones, better. We tried different kinds of seasoning (including the ever-present sea salt) and it was fun. Now, my husband, my daughter and I are all on IP and it's so much easier with our own little support group. But I must say that finding this site has also helped, tremendously. Thanks for all your tips and support!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
My daughter came over last night and we experimented with zucchini chips, both baked in the over and in the hydrator. I think I like the baked ones, better. We tried different kinds of seasoning (including the ever-present sea salt) and it was fun. Now, my husband, my daughter and I are all on IP and it's so much easier with our own little support group. But I must say that finding this site has also helped, tremendously. Thanks for all your tips and support!
Oops! Sorry, Bear, I didn't realize you were logged in to my computer. That was my post, not hers.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #6  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Weekends are so hard for me!! I ask for your prayers. I'm baking cinnamon rolls in the kitchen already for my son who wanted them. This is going to be tough . . .
Old 09-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Good Morning everyone!

One of my favorite things to do in the morning is come here and change all my siggy info with the pounds I lost the previous day! It just gives me so much motivation!!!!

Have a good IP day everyone!
Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

OK, I confess. I had my first real cheat last night. My daughter was sitting across from me and had cheese fries at Outback. Well my meal was taking so long as screw up in the kitchen that I reached over and ate about 4 FFs and cheese. Do you think this will not me out of ketosis? BTW Thurs after that horrible morning wake up I didn't take my supplements because my stomach was so sour all day. Well yesterday I did all of them except for 1 CalMag as I really think it was too much Mag causing the Big D. Low and behold after no BM since Thurs am, I have Big D again. Will carbs do that or do you think my body is reacting to the supplements. I do not feel sick like a virus and been on IP for 24 days now. Kinda weird and sorry if TMI.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Weekends are so hard for me!! I ask for your prayers. I'm baking cinnamon rolls in the kitchen already for my son who wanted them. This is going to be tough . . .
Prayers you've got: if you can't do this, God can! In the meantime, mix up some IP vanilla pudding and put several shakes of cinnamon in it; eat it instead of the rolls. Same flavor!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
RhondaLynn: Weekends used to be hard for me too, especially Friday nights. On Friday nights, my family would go out to dinner. Now my family still goes out to dinner, but I stay on plan and cook dinner at home. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Here's a little WILL POWER DUST to help

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Top of the Mornin' to All-and it looks like a wonderful weekend ahead!!

Quote:

You can do this Rhonda!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I am sitting in statistics class all day. I will be so glad to get this class over with. I hope everyone has a blessed weekend.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

I posted about this a few days ago but it is still on my mind. I only had 13 days between my periods. Having a horrible hormonal month-- and have read here that IP can mess with your cylce but I have ALWAYS been very regular (28 days) and do not take birth control. I am 35 years old.

Has anyone else had this happen to them on IP and if so does it go back to normal?

I am going to search for past discussions because I remember reading them but this has nothing to do with birth control as I do not use any.

On a good note: this second cycle seems to have gotten me past my plateau.

Had bloodwork done yesterday and hope everything comes back OK.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Morning everyone!

For those who have a hard time staying on plan during weekends; keep busy, work on a project and/or get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Remember you're worth it and are strong enough to stay true to the protocol.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and stays motivated to continue on their journey of earning a healthy body. It takes time, but it's definitely worth it!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Well Good Morning Everyone!
I have to admit that I was starting to panic about my trip to Toronto next week. I spoke with my boss to find out what was on the agenda as far as dinners go and he assured me that we were eating at a restaurant. So normally during our conferences they offer plenty of salad and veggies so I wasn't worried and then....
I find out on the one day that we are going to a Bluejays game! Which means no restaurant for dinner instead hot dogs and pizza! I emailed my friend who has been there for support thinking that she would tell me that it's only one meal and to my surprise she had a fantastic idea. Speak to the hotel and in the morning have them deliver some raw veggies to my room and bring some ziploc baggies with me. My room has a fridge so I can store the veggies in there during the day and before we head out I can throw the baggie in my purse. That way while everyone is enjoying their greasy food I can still stay on program and I will bring an extra pack of protein with me since I won't be able to have meat!
I felt so relieved that I wouldn't have to venture off program! And then I got mad because I didn't think of it myself! haha
Closed Thread