Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Scale hasn't budged all week. Eating protocol, no slips. Cleaned out my closet and have a bag of clothes to give away, still feeling a bit disappointed. Tell myself I shouldn't...just coming off of a 9lb weight loss for the last 2 weeks and body needs time to adjust. All in all, I have been on the diet 70 days and lost 39 lbs which is a phenomenol success! Can't expect big losses every week. It is amazing how we set our selves up for failure! Really??? losing over 1/2 lb per day isn't good enough? How crazy is that thinking. Need to remind myself that just over 2 months ago I was wearing 20W-22W and now in a solid 16 misses! How long ago has that been? I will stick to plan, weigh in tomorrow and look for success next week. Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
Good thinking, LBL! I like the +1/2 lb/day approach. When I counted off for myself, I see the same and it makes me much happier. If you've ever watched The Biggest Loser, you'll recognize the trend for big loss one week, stablization the next week. If you can keep this in mind when stepping on the scale, you may find you experience fewer disappointments. If you do feel disappointed, try getting out the measuring tape or trying on something that used to feel snug--you might find your results are "taking shape" even though your weight isn't moving much at the moment.

Thanks for the "awesome", I'm Svelting I am honoured, especially coming from such a leader in the awesome category!

Jackie
Old 09-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #92  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Default Pink Lemonade

Whenever I mix the Pink Lemonade in my shaker, it foams like crazy! There's about 1" of juice at the bottom, and 6 " of foam on top.

Does anybody else have this problem? Wondering if maybe the box of packets I got is somehow faulty, or if this is normal....
Old 09-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #93  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Whenever I mix the Pink Lemonade in my shaker, it foams like crazy! There's about 1" of juice at the bottom, and 6 " of foam on top.

Does anybody else have this problem? Wondering if maybe the box of packets I got is somehow faulty, or if this is normal....
Mine does that same along with other drinks. This morning, I just let it sit for a while before drinking it and that helped.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Thank you everyone for your advice on the Big "C". I will try the psyllium and if that doesn't work then the magnesium citrate. Thanks again and have a blessed day!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Hi All,

Since I mentioned the Chocolite Protein last night, I decided to try it for breakfast today--really excellent. I did a detailed review in the IP Alternatives thread, page 12, post #174, see here

Also, EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control RTDs are now available at LowCarb Grocery. They came through on my request. It's amazing what you get when you ask. I have posted this info on the Information for Canadian IPers thread also.

Coastal Crafter, also wanted to let you know that the other alternative type of unflavoured protein powder that I've seen (again at LowCarb Grocery) is egg protein.

Jackie
Old 09-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #96  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Sunday morning, getting ready to watch some football...

Yes, my TOM has been screwed up as well - lasts for 7-14 days instead of 5-8 like normal : (

Feeling good though, drinking my water.

The weather is great finally and sunny and the farmers are harvesting - yeah!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #97  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Thanks Rocky! That sounds good. Unfortunately the breasts I have this time are boneless/skinless, but I'll keep this recipe for later.
You can do this skinless too. Prep the same way, then spray with a little olive oil before you toss it on the grill. Each time you turn them check to see if they need a bit more oil so they don't dry out. (don't spray olive oil onto a lit gas grill--do it a bit off to the side. It can cause a flare up!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
so i was just thinking about it and besides calories... what is wrong with say taking shots of jack daniels (calories 68, sugars 0, carbs 0) ??
In addition to that great article from svelting it also comes down to numbers. In Phase 1 the goal is to stay at about 800-900 calories a day. A shot of JD has 190 calories. So, that would be increasing your calorie intake by almost 25% for the day. Serious slowing to weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I know it says we can have unlimited lettuce, but it that just at meal times or if I'm feeling hungry can I chow down on a salad in between as well?

In other news, today I found that diet rite zero cola might be something I'll get for those days when I'm really craving a soda... as its made with splenda and all zeros otherwise. .
you can have all the salad you want, any time of day. And it could be that having some salad at night (with a little olive oil so there is some "fat") will really make you feel better. Re: soda I LOVE the metromints too, what a fresh flavor! I found these carbonated drinks (splenda sweetened) at Costco, called "Sparkling ICE" which are a good choice as they don't have the acids that steal calcium like sodas do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning! I need a little advice on the Big "C". My girlfriend and I started IP on 8/24/10 and we both have been experiencing it. I have increased my water and have been taking Novalax but it still has been a problem for me. HELP!!!
I used the Novalax, but the other surefire answer for me was rhubarb. Nuke it till soft and mix with the vanilla pudding and some cinnamon and nutmeg. Makes a GREAT late night snack and everything resolves itself by morning

SO MANY great NSV's (LOVE the "cougar" comment)! And Coastalcrafter, I'm so amazed at your perseverance, and so happy to be part of a community of folks who are so giving of their time to help each other. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Had to share... after a way-off-track weekend last weekend celebrating DH's 30th, I got strict... welcome back, ketosis... and lost enough (7.4) to hit my 50 lbs this week! 50 POUNDS!!! 11 weeks is what that took. AH!!! So excited today! (I'm not quite 1/3 of the way to my goal, but I've never stuck with any diet over 25 lbs of loss, so YES, I can do it!!)
That is amazing! Great job! I am 7 1/2 weeks in and down 28 pounds and really excited for that first 50!! Congrats!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #99  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

I hope I am doing this correctly -- today is my first day on IP. I have been looking forward to it for about six weeks. Enjoy reading everybody's posts and look forward to the encouragement to keep going!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #100  

Thank you Rocky Monarch I will definitely give it a try )
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #101  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I hope I am doing this correctly -- today is my first day on IP. I have been looking forward to it for about six weeks. Enjoy reading everybody's posts and look forward to the encouragement to keep going!
Welcome! You are going to really enjoy this adventure!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I'm finding about an hour after I eat dinner, I feel like I haven't eaten all day. It's really weird because I tried moving up my snack to comfort the hungriness.... and it really hasn't helped. Last night I made some turnip chips to fill the void rather than cheat.
Honestly, if you're hungry, I'd have another packet. Veggies are good too, but a packet will really help. I think Jackie (?) had the same issue and she upped her packets, too! For me, too, here have been nights where I had had all my food and was starving, I just had another packet, but made sure it was one of the lower calorie ones. It didn't impact my weight loss -- other than keeping me on plan and away from cheating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I am 52 and lost 50 pounds between January and May and 11 inches from the belly. I don't need a tummy tuck. My tummy has tightened up surprisingly well. My neck has a bit of loose skin, but it seems better than at first. If I were going to have any work done, it would be on the neck. I'm not too keen on plastic surgery though.
BevS: I have the same neck issue, and I do think it's getting better, however, I looked into a non-plastic surgery way to get it taken care of -- it's called the Titan Laser -- decided I was going to wait until 5 months after I get to my goal weight then look at it again, to see if anything has 'tightened' up on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning! I need a little advice on the Big "C". My girlfriend and I started IP on 8/24/10 and we both have been experiencing it. I have increased my water and have been taking Novalax but it still has been a problem for me. My friend called me last night and asked me to ask you wonderful ladies for help. I know that it is very important to take care of this for our weight loss. HELP!!!
Ok, all this time, I thought it was just the Novilax that was helping me -- but the Enzymes you can buy from your IP doc (or any store) really help, too! I'd ran out of enzymes and didn't buy new -- big mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post

No, the peach mango does it too. Someone suggested letting it sit, that works. I drink the nonfoamy stuff, let the foam sit, then pour out the rest (don't want to let a drop of that drink go to waste!)

On my way to watch the Oregon/ASU game last night, my friends wanted me to pick up Voodoo doughnuts (Rocky will know!) because I live right near the eastside location ... it was funny, I used to love that place, but the thought of eating one of the doughnuts almost revolted me a little. Needless to say, it was easy as pie to have them in my car and not eat one at the party.

JC
Old 09-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #103  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi All,

Since I mentioned the Chocolite Protein last night, I decided to try it for breakfast today--really excellent. I did a detailed review in the IP Alternatives thread, page 12, post #174, see here

Also, EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control RTDs are now available at LowCarb Grocery. They came through on my request. It's amazing what you get when you ask. I have posted this info on the Information for Canadian IPers thread also.

Coastal Crafter, also wanted to let you know that the other alternative type of unflavoured protein powder that I've seen (again at LowCarb Grocery) is egg protein.
Thanks Jackie-I did look up the 2 you mentioned and they both contain sucralose- although it was one of the last ingredients mentioned...

It's so funny to see my body 'reshaping' itself...more lumps/bumps/rolls/ but smaller size!! My curves have curves!-lol
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Thanks Jackie-I did look up the 2 you mentioned and they both contain sucralose- although it was one of the last ingredients mentioned...

It's so funny to see my body 'reshaping' itself...more lumps/bumps/rolls/ but smaller size!! My curves have curves!-lol
CC, the one I have used the most is called Iso-pro Low Carb Protein Powder by Precision sports. Plain, tasteless, boring. No sweetener, very little other than whey isolate.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Welcome tcswain! You are going to love IP and the 3FC forums. There is a wealth of information that you will have access to from this wonderful site. If there is a question that you have just ask and there will be someone that will be able to help you or direct you to shere to find the answer. I wish you much success and blessings!

Closed Thread