Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #91  

You girls can do this!! I know you can and so do you!! Stay strong, be focused and remain positive. I need you over in the Life After thread to bounce ideas off of!!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #92  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Having a great IP (alternative) day. so far so good. I have dinner planned out I think that was my problem yesterday I FORGOT TO PLAN!! Now I feel back in the saddle and ready to roll!!!
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #93  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Man, you guys have me scared to start Phase 1 again!!! It sounds hard! but I need to succeed for my mom's sake!
You'll be fine! It is a bit challenging this time but, with the planning and LOTS of water or herb tea I think it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
You girls can do this!! I know you can and so do you!! Stay strong, be focused and remain positive. I need you over in the Life After thread to bounce ideas off of!!
Thanks Stina! We need a cheerleader over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Having a great IP (alternative) day. so far so good. I have dinner planned out I think that was my problem yesterday I FORGOT TO PLAN!! Now I feel back in the saddle and ready to roll!!!
YEAH!! Planning is the key. I tried a week ago and didn't get it. This week I planned and day one was challenging but, I made it through! You can get this done today!

OK, SO, I made it through day 1. I am already off to a good day 2 start. Can't wait to report at the end of the day that I can scratch another day off my list of things to do right !
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #94  

I'M NOT HAPPY !

Seriously ! This is not funny, seems like everything on earth want me to slip lol ! We have a problem at home, water pipe explosed everywhere.. so NO water for us ! I cannot make a packet, because I don't have any water, and I cannot clean dishes !

So I'm off with a bar this morning (15 carbs), and a bar this afternoon (but a oh yeah bar) so add 8 more carbs.. and only cucumber all day because I can't cook or clean salad. I'll try my best to do a low carb packet tonight, but I cannot use water because of the busted pipe, and I cannot clean any dishes, I can't even have a coffee, nor go to the washroom !

Our assurances are here today, so I hope everything will be fine by tomorrow. I could go to a restaurant, but I don't have any money to pay lol Maybe THERE I could do the dishes ? The money I make from my students jobs is all going to pay for the diet, so I cannot afford to go in a restaurant.

anywayyyy!!

Good job everyone, I'm right here with you all, chewing on my cucumbers !
Keep going, you're all worth it !!
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I'M NOT HAPPY !

Seriously ! This is not funny, seems like everything on earth want me to slip lol ! We have a problem at home, water pipe explosed everywhere.. so NO water for us ! I cannot make a packet, because I don't have any water, and I cannot clean dishes !

So I'm off with a bar this morning (15 carbs), and a bar this afternoon (but a oh yeah bar) so add 8 more carbs.. and only cucumber all day because I can't cook or clean salad. I'll try my best to do a low carb packet tonight, but I cannot use water because of the busted pipe, and I cannot clean any dishes, I can't even have a coffee, nor go to the washroom !

Our assurances are here today, so I hope everything will be fine by tomorrow. I could go to a restaurant, but I don't have any money to pay lol Maybe THERE I could do the dishes ? The money I make from my students jobs is all going to pay for the diet, so I cannot afford to go in a restaurant.

anywayyyy!!

Good job everyone, I'm right here with you all, chewing on my cucumbers !
Keep going, you're all worth it !!
OH NO!! This sounds awful! Can you pick up a jug of water somewhere? It would help with making packets. How about getting a bag of ready salad from the market? Do you have a friend near by who would let you fill a container with water from their faucet? I hope you can find someone to help out! (it would be great if you can use a friend's washroom.) If you can get the water from a friend, fill several pots or jugs, then you could cook a little today and you can do the dishes tomorrow when the services come back up.

At least you still have your humor!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #96  

Height: 5'8"

day 2 and back in ketosis already.......? is this normal?

AND.. already down 4 LBS since yesterday morning. talk about some motivation

Sandy, hope your day gets easier!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 10-05-2010 at 07:00 PM.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #97  

It is really nice to see many of the familiar people that posted as I was losing since March 2010. I also thought it was interesting to see that I was not the only one digging deep to find motivation to finish up. And eating Cashews! I made myself promise "no more nute!!"

Keep trying and keeping on everyone.
yinyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Default I should not, could not, did not eat that biscuit!

Hello All!
I'm home from my trip! I am very pleased to report out, I have been so good! Tonight I ran through KFC and got two piece grilled chicken (pull off skin) then green beans, ate about five bites, then...the biscuit...I thought about eating half, then I even pinched off a piece, an itty bitty piece, then I thought...would I want to report this to my 3FC buddies...heck no!!...and I dropped it, wiped (not licked) my fingers, put the lid on, put it in the bag and promptly threw it away when I got home...HOORAY! A week or so ago and I would have downed that baby. I am proud of me today!!!

I see more have joined us. I see where some of you are asking what we are doing to make this easier...I just kept coming here and reading, each day, and I must say, my friends here, who know what I am going through brought me back around.

Thank you to all of you for being so supportive!!! I could never do this without you all!!

Can't wait to weigh in and see how I've done!!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 AM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
day 2 and back in ketosis already.......? is this normal?

AND.. already down 4 LBS since yesterday morning. talk about some motivation

Sandy, hope your day gets easier!!
YEAH!!! Good for you! Yes, Ketosis can come in 2 days for some people who are in good shape. One is very rare unless you have done well monitoring your carbs and have had some intense exercise too. (It can also take as long as 14 days for other people. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
It is really nice to see many of the familiar people that posted as I was losing since March 2010. I also thought it was interesting to see that I was not the only one digging deep to find motivation to finish up. And eating Cashews! I made myself promise "no more nute!!"

Welcome back!! Isn't it interesting how we all craved Peanut butter or cashews at some point? I had to fight that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Hello All!
I'm home from my trip! I am very pleased to report out, I have been so good! Tonight I ran through KFC and got two piece grilled chicken (pull off skin) then green beans, ate about five bites, then...the biscuit...I thought about eating half, then I even pinched off a piece, an itty bitty piece, then I thought...would I want to report this to my 3FC buddies...heck no!!...and I dropped it, wiped (not licked) my fingers, put the lid on, put it in the bag and promptly threw it away when I got home...HOORAY! A week or so ago and I would have downed that baby. I am proud of me today!!!

I see more have joined us. I see where some of you are asking what we are doing to make this easier...I just kept coming here and reading, each day, and I must say, my friends here, who know what I am going through brought me back around.

Thank you to all of you for being so supportive!!! I could never do this without you all!!

WOO HOO!!! Great NSV. I am so glad you were able to tell us YOU DIDN'T eat the bread!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

AGHHHH!!! So I do perfect for a few days, then something stressful happens- and pow -I'm back to square 1! Why can't I get fully on board again? I did it once before -things happened and I stayed true to the diet. Very angry w myself. By now I could be a few lbs down instead of just staggering! I'm my own worse enemy!! I need a switch turned off in my brain.
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

...I should add that working at a fruit snack/candy company does not help AT ALL!! Esp when I have to spend the day making candy or handling large quanities of fruit snacks!
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
AGHHHH!!! So I do perfect for a few days, then something stressful happens- and pow -I'm back to square 1! Why can't I get fully on board again? Very angry w myself. By now I could be a few lbs down instead of just staggering! I'm my own worse enemy!! I need a switch turned off in my brain.
I know how you feel. The same thing has been happening to me. I just got through a good day 1 yesterday(again), and hopefully ill stay on track this time. I think its also the mindlessness of phase 1 that's making it easier to fall off the wagon. I know everything by heart, that i never refer to the sheet or write in my food log. Maybe writing down everything you eat, tracking your weight everyday for a while might help you? that way seeing yourself lose 2 lbs in 2 days might motivate you to not cheat even a teeny bit?also, plan ahead. i feel myself giving up when i come home and have to decide what veggies to prep and cook for dinner. Also, i have my projected weight marked out on my calendar for each week of the diet. That way, i have an approximate idea of what weight ill be on say Nov 23rd for thanksgiving. And that helps me, cos everytime i cheat and have to start over, that number gets a little higher. Of course, give yourself leeway by estimating 10lbs a month and not the optimal 3-5 lbs a week unless your usual weight loss rate was that much. You'll do fine this time! dont wait, get back on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I'M NOT HAPPY !
But you stayed on track! Thats awesome!! Good for you!! I know i would have given in. You're already saving money by not cheating and staying in ketosis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
day 2 and back in ketosis already.......? is this normal?AND.. already down 4 LBS since yesterday morning. talk about some motivation
Wow!! You're rocking this diet already! Good for you. Hearing the success stories always helps, cos you think ' that could be me' and envision yourself looking thin, toned and gorgeous!

ShowgirlAz, thanks for your comments and replies. You really do put a lot of effort into answering everyone's questions and sharing your experiences!

lady5andy, deinekatz - thanks for your suggestions! will look into Nioxin too.
Very worried about the hair. It seems hard to believe that it will start getting thicker again. Right now, im looking at the short term goal of just stopping the hair fall!Sigh!
r101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #103  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Good One day bad the next...
So I am hoping that this is not the story of my diet!!! did great yesterday and then today BAM!!! I will choose not to blow it for the rest of the day and get back on track right here and now.
Thanks for listening!!!
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Good One day bad the next...
So I am hoping that this is not the story of my diet!!! did great yesterday and then today BAM!!! I will choose not to blow it for the rest of the day and get back on track right here and now.
Thanks for listening!!!
I know how you feel! Just keep trying... I took me a week of day 1 to get back to where I needed. I am now on day 4 and WOO HOO... just had a 4pound "whooosh"

I assure you, even if you keep having a week of day 1 it will eventually work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
lady5andy, deinekatz - thanks for your suggestions! will look into Nioxin too.
Very worried about the hair. It seems hard to believe that it will start getting thicker again. Right now, im looking at the short term goal of just stopping the hair fall!Sigh!
I understand the hair issue. It was my fear too. AND, like you, I told my coach "I don't want to be the skinny bald girl!" Really, you will lose a lot all at once and that is what you want. I know it doesn't seem like it but it is. You want a large loss all at once because it means it is "stress" or increased estrogen induced and not a permanent long term problem. This is a very normal side effect following any major change in health (good or bad), common after traumas, common after pregnancy or surgery, and very common after gastric bypass surgery. Basically, you are accelerating the hairs growth/attrition cycle so, instead of losing a normal amount over 3 or 4 months, you push it to all drop off at once. THEN for the next several months, the hair grows back and you have very slow or little loss, then over the course of a year things are returned to as they were. In fact, many people end up with nicer/better hair.

It is hard to accept or understand. I had a hard time dealing with it too but, things are going exactly as I learned they would.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #105  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post

it's good to see you back too!! darn cashews..my weakness is almonds..and even worse in ice cream with coconut and chocolate chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Hello All!

good for you!! i couldn't even tempt myself with the biscuit, i'm a carb addict for sure. that's strength right there ladies and gents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
YEAH!!! Good for you! Yes, Ketosis can come in 2 days for some people who are in good shape. One is very rare unless you have done well monitoring your carbs and have had some intense exercise too. (It can also take as long as 14 days for other people.
yikes!! i wouldn't call myself in good shape but thanks for the motivation and also the wake up that i'm lucky to be able to slip into ketosis so easily, i never knew it took 14 days for some. how crappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
AGHHHH!!! So I do perfect for a few days, then something stressful happens- and pow -I'm back to square 1! Why can't I get fully on board again? I did it once before -things happened and I stayed true to the diet. Very angry w myself. By now I could be a few lbs down instead of just staggering! I'm my own worse enemy!! I need a switch turned off in my brain.
keep coming back to the boards, i truly believe that this is where i get the most encouragment and the most strength to get it done and not cheat. and um, candy and fruit snacks around all day, you are brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
I know how you feel. The same thing has been happening to me. I just got through a good day 1 yesterday(again), and hopefully ill stay on track this time. I think its also the mindlessness of phase 1 that's making it easier to fall off the wagon. I know everything by heart, that i never refer to the sheet or write in my food log. Maybe writing down everything you eat, tracking your weight everyday for a while might help you? that way seeing yourself lose 2 lbs in 2 days might motivate you to not cheat even a teeny bit?also, plan ahead. i feel myself giving up when i come home and have to decide what veggies to prep and cook for dinner. Also, i have my projected weight marked out on my calendar for each week of the diet. That way, i have an approximate idea of what weight ill be on say Nov 23rd for thanksgiving. And that helps me, cos everytime i cheat and have to start over, that number gets a little higher. Of course, give yourself leeway by estimating 10lbs a month and not the optimal 3-5 lbs a week unless your usual weight loss rate was that much. You'll do fine this time! dont wait, get back on!!!

But you stayed on track! Thats awesome!! Good for you!! I know i would have given in. You're already saving money by not cheating and staying in ketosis!

Wow!! You're rocking this diet already! Good for you. Hearing the success stories always helps, cos you think ' that could be me' and envision yourself looking thin, toned and gorgeous!
great tips about tracking again, i weigh myself every morning again right after my ketostick. it helps get my head in the game for the day.

today is day 3, hoping that tomorrow when i jump on the scale it's be another lb down. i am pretty positive that most of this weight i gained back is water and maybe 2 or 3 lbs of real fat. i didn't really want to say it but i got back up from 163 to 170 in a matter of 3 weeks. that's why im aiming to phase off closer to the mid 150's and KEEP it off this time. i over indulged and probably had 3-4 cheat days(ugh i KNOW) per week instead of 1. happy IPing y'all!
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote