Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #31  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hey Hey Hey Everyone,
I am back as well. Well....sort of. I can start back on IP on Monday October 4th. YIPPIEEEEEE!!!
I ahve managed to keep weight off and am only up 4lbs from my ticker. I am mostly healed and doing great. I am excited to get the rest of the weight off and now have even more incentive to do it. I am going on a 5 day cruise to the Bahama's in January, thanks to my job!!! (well one of them at least). I continue to lurk on this site but agree that for me the every day thread is really overwhelming. I think I may hang here for a while.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hey Hey Hey Everyone,
I am back as well. Well....sort of. I can start back on IP on Monday October 4th. YIPPIEEEEEE!!!
I ahve managed to keep weight off and am only up 4lbs from my ticker. I am mostly healed and doing great. I am excited to get the rest of the weight off and now have even more incentive to do it. I am going on a 5 day cruise to the Bahama's in January, thanks to my job!!! (well one of them at least). I continue to lurk on this site but agree that for me the every day thread is really overwhelming. I think I may hang here for a while.
Welcome back Melissa!! Glad you are doing better and ready to start back on IP.

Great job keeping the lbs at bay. I would love to go on a cruise, you must be really excited.

Elle
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #33  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Well I said I would start yesterday but my brother in law had a major meltdown that even took him to the ER and he is on antidepressants amongst other things and keeps calling for us to come see him (medical leave from work was given today for 60 days!) Yeah its very bad... major family crisis that has kept me off program and ready to go on a moments notice now... hope to get on track soon. I am still on the same number so thankfully at least it has not gone up... but I need the weight to come down.
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #34  

Height: 5'8"

wowzas! tons of replies, gotta get on this, i am here promise ladies, not slackin' one bit just busy!

oh my goodness, just read everyone's posts and i have missed you all SO MUCH!

i'd like to use this thread for a bit for all of us "oldies" but newbies back on plan if that's ok. i really think we created such a support system that cannot bereinvented(sorry to all the newbies, but we did really grow so much together).

is everyone ok with that?

all the ladies i grew with on here, i am SO STINKIN PROUD of how far everyon'es come and your humilty to come back and admit there ARE obstacles(because there ARE!)

i love you all, go us!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 09-28-2010 at 11:22 PM.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:57 AM   #35  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hey Melissa P! Nice to see you back on here I hope things are going great since your surgery and very well for you fall Scentzy season!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:59 AM   #36  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Well I said I would start yesterday but my brother in law had a major meltdown that even took him to the ER and he is on antidepressants amongst other things and keeps calling for us to come see him (medical leave from work was given today for 60 days!) Yeah its very bad... major family crisis that has kept me off program and ready to go on a moments notice now... hope to get on track soon. I am still on the same number so thankfully at least it has not gone up... but I need the weight to come down.
Elizabeth! I am so sorry. I know family issues can be such an emotional roller coaster. I think it is great you are able to hold stable. I hope everything improves for your family and, most especially, your brother-in-law.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #37  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Elizabeth! I am so sorry. I know family issues can be such an emotional roller coaster. I think it is great you are able to hold stable. I hope everything improves for your family and, most especially, your brother-in-law.
Thanks, he's coming back around. But it is quite scary! I think they gave him the wrong meds and he would look at you as if you were a ghost and had to actually reach out to touch you and make sure you are real... really scary to see. They changed his meds yesterday so hopefully he will be better today. Problem now is he is not eating or drinking enough... Hope he starts eating or they may have to check him into a hospital which he fights like mad. His wife is having to work while going through all of it and taking care of the 3 kids, the older one is fine but she has a 7 year old and a soon to be 2 year old. Then her husband takes off the moment she turns around and they had to get in the car and drive around the neighborhood to find him because he had gone for a walk and got lost!

Anyway, yes, stressful and scary. Hope he comes back to normal soon

Thanks for the support!
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Have any of you noticed getting going again is not quite as easy as getting going was in the first place? If you are having this problem,how are you dealing with it?
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #39  

Quote:
Hey Hey Hey Everyone,
Glad to hear that you've recovered so nicely from your surgery, Melissa! Congrats also on keeping the weight off! I'm certain that you'll blast the rest away no problem...wish I had an incentive like a cruise to look forward to!

Quote:
So sorry to hear about this, Eli. Hopefully things get better for him, and as a result you and your family, soon!

I have to agree with Erin and others...it's so nice to see all the names and faces of the "oldtimers" who were actively posting when I first started IP and found this site. You have all been such a source of inspiration and support to me. I'm positive that I would not have reached my goal without all of your advice, wisdom, recipes, tips and help! It's nice to know that even if I slip up or go off program for awhile, I'll still have this forum to come to and the familiarity of old friends to comfort and encourage me. Thank you all!!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Elizabeth so sorry to hear your BIL is having problems, they can be hard to deal with...it must be so hard for his wife...I will keep them in my prayers.

Quote:
Hey Hey Hey Everyone,
Melissa So glad to hear you are recovering nicely from your surgery....a trip to the Bahama's!! what a wonderful reward waiting for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Have any of you noticed getting going again is not quite as easy as getting going was in the first place? If you are having this problem,how are you dealing with it?
Yep!! I found it very hard to get going again, the 1st week was kind of a stutter for me, but I have been back on track since Aug 30 and have lost 12 more lbs. Yeaaah for IP You can do it...hang in there
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Sure it's harder to motivate myself than it was the first time -because the 1st time I was desperate! But I really don't like feeling out of control foodwise, and IP gives me a reason to pull myself back from the edge! Plus, it's nice for my clothes to be baggy, rather than feeling them be a bit tight and then feeling bad about myself!!

So, I'm glad to be back! Day 3, just had my Leek Soup and I'm in the groove!

Glad the old gang is back!
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

howdy!!!!

am here too. Not going on phase anything but that I am just here. I like to come back once in a while to remind myself what I went though so that I don't have to do it again

anywho, all is well...gained weight a little after a trip but it was all gone in 2 to 3 days. Trainer was even surprised; maybe I should write a book??

regardless, I seriously eat whatever I want but not all the time if you know what I mean. If am bad one day, the next my breakfast is just a protein shake...think you guys get what I am saying.

here is a question though:::: where are you guys who are NOT buying from IP clinics getting your RTD shakes??
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #43  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

hi all,
ok Erin and all the others... you have kicked my butt and it's time to get back on program, I think. I made my first goal and have been in maintenance, and have not gained anything back. It's been pretty easy so far.

But I've decided I would like to lose more inches off my chest (I'm a jr. 6 in pants and a 14 blouse, go figure!). I called my coach and have set up an appointment--I am traveling and cannot get in until the 18th, so that is my official start. But I decided to start unofficially today: Phase 1 here I go!

And I agree, it was easier before when I was desperate and worried about my health...I need to do this next round of loss just for my self image, and interestingly that is harder for me to care about. Now what kind of screwed up thing is that???

PITA, I just ordered vanilla RTD from New Lifestyle, they have a $35 off coupon until the end of September. They are identical to the IP including flavor.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hi all,
ok Erin and all the others... you have kicked my butt and it's time to get back on program, I think. I made my first goal and have been in maintenance, and have not gained anything back. It's been pretty easy so far.

But I've decided I would like to lose more inches off my chest (I'm a jr. 6 in pants and a 14 blouse, go figure!). I called my coach and have set up an appointment--I am traveling and cannot get in until the 18th, so that is my official start. But I decided to start unofficially today: Phase 1 here I go!

And I agree, it was easier before when I was desperate and worried about my health...I need to do this next round of loss just for my self image, and interestingly that is harder for me to care about. Now what kind of screwed up thing is that???

PITA, I just ordered vanilla RTD from New Lifestyle, they have a $35 off coupon until the end of September. They are identical to the IP including flavor.
darn it!!! I just ordered some BUT didn't see the coupon or forgot about it till I clicked the last button where was this coupon?
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #45  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
-I am traveling and cannot get in until the 18th, so that is my official start. But I decided to start unofficially today: Phase 1 here I go!
I just thought of another old standby for eating in the cab to the airport or on the plane -- a good protein for breakfast in maintenance. I'd give my recipe, but it's so simple and so many possible variations, it might be fun to develope your own, if you're interested.

Just Google microwave meat loaf and make it with 95% fat free sirloin. 5 minutes to put together, just about that to cook if you make little individual servings. I make about 4-5 at a time and freeze.

Last edited by Linden; 09-29-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote