Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Do be patient with yourself. It is HIGHLY NORMAL to hit points our body was comfortable at before and just "hang around for awhile". Remember YOU want to lose weight but YOUR BODY wants to create homeostasis. Homeostasis is basically your body trying to create a state of equilibrium, where all body systems are working and interacting in an appropriate way to fulfill all the needs of the person and/or the body. It allows the cellular structure and bodily needs to be met consistently DESPITE or IN SPITE of whatever external forces are being exerted on them. That said, overtime you will win but, the body generally will get the upper hand to begin with. You are forcing many changes on your body -hormones, metabolic processes, reduction in fluid and blood volume, changes in energy sources and changes in blood pressure. If your body needs time to adapt, relax and let it happen. Continue to "coach" it to how you want it to respond by staying on the plan. Let it figure out how it can do that an still maintain what you need on a cellular level. It became "happy" and comfortable at a certain level of body fat and was familiar with how to operate there. As you lose, you may find your body recognizes certain points it operated at fairly easily and just wants to hang around awhile.

I know, I personify this a little too much perhaps but, really, it isn't just about you and your will power. We are a highly complex machine that self-regulates. It isn't like we can control it all!
Carla, thank you for this. It clearly articulates what I thought instinctively, and gives me space to be more forgiving of self when the pounds come off in twos instead of fives! I have been dealing with this problem for decades, and know it's not going to resolve itself all in a few weeks time.

In fact, psychologically I seem to need a little time to adjust as my body changes. However I don't want to use this as an excuse to slack off the program. Just to give myself the space to succeed even if it takes a month more than the original estimate.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Default IP location request - Southern CA and Columbus OH areas

I have a friend in Riverside CA who is interested, but hasn't found a clinic or provider that offers IP program. I think she did talk with someone at the company.
Does any one know of one around the Riverside-Perris area in California?

Also, another one interested in the Columbus - Canal Winchester - Dublin area of Ohio. Any providers there?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #48  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
I have a friend in Riverside CA who is interested, but hasn't found a clinic or provider that offers IP program. I think she did talk with someone at the company.
Does any one know of one around the Riverside-Perris area in California?

Also, another one interested in the Columbus - Canal Winchester - Dublin area of Ohio. Any providers there?
They could use idealtogo.com if there is not a clinic in their areas. There is a clinic finder on their site too. My mom is going to go through idealtogo.com when she starts the program.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #49  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Good day

I had my 2nd weigh-in this morning and am down now a total of 16lbs & 16.5 inches woo hoo only 14 days on the program. I am very pleased and hope things keep looking up from here.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their day!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
Waking up to a great day and feeling positive about this lifestyle change. The pounds may not seem to be moving, but the inches are! Hmmm, does that mean the fat is just migrating around and eventually I'll have 36" ankles?
Quite the mental picture!!

I am in Kansas too....a little town in the central part of the state. Where are you?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:41 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Good day

I had my 2nd weigh-in this morning and am down now a total of 16lbs & 16.5 inches woo hoo only 14 days on the program. I am very pleased and hope things keep looking up from here.

Wow!!! That is amazing! Congratulations and keep going!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #52  

Default Question

Good afternoon (or morning, depending)

I travel 2-3 weeks each month. I am on week 2 and so far I am doing fine, except I am unsure how to get in my allotted oil each day. I brought along IP packets, vegetables, home-grilled chicken and turkey in weighed-out portions. Get salad where I am. I use WF packets for salad dressing. Please give me suggestions how to incorporate the oil in this type of lifestyle! I only have a microwave available for cooking when I am not home.

I would like to say again how much I love these forums, and all the great, accurate information and encouragement you all give!

Last edited by Traveling Stitcher; 09-23-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good day

CONGRATS - that's some numbers

Last edited by LAShutterbug; 09-23-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #54  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Good day

Thanks for sharing your amazing accomplishment. We're proud of you!! Good day, indeed!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #55  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Quite the mental picture!!

I am in Kansas too....a little town in the central part of the state. Where are you?
We're both in Wichita. Rox824 is my mom. What town are you in?
Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

Hope you're having an excellent day. As always, congrats to all on all your successes. I'd like to chime in with an NSV today--I wore a denim jumper with matching jacket that I love and have been too big for for the last three years or so. I am so glad to wear it again, because it's seasonal and by next year it will be miles too big!

Also, this morning I had a networking meeting that's held at a pie shop (The Pie Shack on Queen St. E. in the Beaches area of Toronto--fabulous pies!). We always get a slice of pie or freshly made-just-for-us muffins at the meeting. This morning was muffins and they smelled lovely. I didn't want one, but they smelled glorious, so taking the advice of SalesGod and others I just inhaled deeply and enjoyed the aroma. I didn't have time for breakfast before I went, so I loaded up my purse with an RTD and a bar, and opted for the bar while others were eating their still-warm-from-the-oven muffins. No feelings of deprivation whatsoever, and it tided me over until noon quite nicely.

I also have a couple of "two-cents" comments re posts above.
Re sauteeing veggies: to save on oil which I like to use for my salads, I have been using low sodium chicken broth to sautee veggies. Two or three tablespoons is enough to prevent veggies from sticking until their own juices start to flow, and it adds a bit of flavour too.

Many thanks to whoever posted about eating celery to help keep things moving a few days ago. Every time I eat beef, other things with lots or iron, not enough lettuce or too much chocolate stuff, my system slows and things get uncomfortable. Yesterday, I loaded up my IP chicken soup with chopped celery [Tip--if you also add a little garlic & a few small bits of chicken meat it's almost like Campbell's Cream of Chicken]. It worked like a charm!

Also, a thought about quantity that some folk might want to think about. This week I'm not even trying to do three packets. I'm using 4 packets a day as my new normal and it's working soooo much better. I'm not hungry and feel much less stressed than when I was trying to eat 3 and ending up eating 4 anyway. I've been having 4/day pretty much for the whole 7 weeks, and the weight has been coming off at a good rate, but now I'm just treating it as my normal. I am reminded that some other diets (eg, WW) allow extra portions for the extra large, so I'm taking this approach until my weight gets down a good chunk. I seem to recall that at WW the weight for women to add an extra portion is 250 lbs. This approach has also been fine with my coach all along, it just took some time to get my little perfectionist ego to accept as okay!

Also thanks for all the suggestions to increase water to 1/2 body weight. I've upped my water this week from under 100 to 160 oz and the pounds are melting away. I'm really looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day, All!

Jackie
Old 09-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #57  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post

Can Carla or anyone give me clear information on exactly why we cannot have pop/soda on this plan?
There's an entire thread called "Diet Cola or No Diet Cola?"
Old 09-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #58  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
if you haven't posted this weeks weight be sure to do it!!
Is there some reason my 2nd week weigh-in (posted 9.19) doesn't get posted? I'm not proud of it, because I was up, but I do want you to think that I am posting.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #59  

Elizabeth, EatAnts, and Carla thanks for your replies on the diet soda. MUCH appreciated ! Hugs to you all !

Have a great evening everyone and keep up the great work !!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #60  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Please give me suggestions how to incorporate the oil in this type of lifestyle! I only have a microwave available for cooking when I am not home.

I would like to say again how much I love these forums, and all the great, accurate information and encouragement you all give!
Just carry a small container of oil and cider vinegar with salt and pepper added, but not in your carry-on unless it's under 6 oz. 6 oz is easily 4 servings. This is a lot cheaper than IP dressings and, to my way of thinking, heaps better tasting.
Closed Thread