Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 260.5/253/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
One thing I started doing is my pudding is a snack only I have half in the morning for snack and half in the afternoon for snack and It kills any cravings for choc which I don't have too many of those but watching the kids have choc chip cookie is hard with daycare. But I bought some caramel sauce from wf and I put it on top it is awesome!!

What a terrific idea - I need to get some caramel sauce!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #32  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Default Mid-day pick me up...

I follow a comic and I found one that just killed me.

If any of you people are doing this alone while a partner "eats what they want" but still share meals together and have to sample our concoctions of super amounts of veggies we have to eat... this totally makes sense. I hope it gives you something to laugh at, to take your mind off the stress that can come with trying to lose weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61374_1535065850320_1045029362_1579056_5841320_n.jpg (27.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
My DH & I also head down south (Yuma, AZ) for the winter months and I was wondering what I was going to do....buy enough IP stuff to last 3/4 months?? If anyone knows of a clinic in the Yuma area that would be great and I was also wondering if it is OK to go to another clinic to WI.
I am in Arizona! I am a couple hours north of Yuma. I can find out if anyone is in that area for you. If not, I know my clinic will ship product to winter visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

I'm planning ahead for this winter. My DH and I are headed south to the condo to escape the cold weather of Iowa and now I'm worried about what to do about my weekly weighins. Does any one know of an IP location in the Phoenix area? I am sure there is one. Is it ok to go to different clinics while away from home? I could always take along lots of IP packages and weigh myself, but there is just something about weighing in that keeps me motivated. Advice please

I am in the Phoenix area! What part of phoenix will you be in? I know of several clinics besides mine I can recommend you too. Personally, and I am quite biased, I LOVE mine. Very well stocked and amazing support. You won't find a more informed coach out there JUST IMHO. My clinic owner frequently gets winter visitors so, yes, it is ok to use a different clinic. Your clinic might be willing to ship product to you here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Good job getting back on track!! I did the same thing coming back from a quick vacation and it took me about 4 days to feel good again! It wasn't fun. We have a house in Phoenix and I was told when I started here that if I ran out of packets I could get some there. A couch from my clinic would call one down there. I don't know about the weighing thing weekly though. I would just ask your coach.
I can recommend a few clinics for you if you like. I know my clinic is fantastic and would love to help you!

I have sent you ladies a PM with more details.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Breakthrough!
I have been stalled at 194-194.25 for over a week. I do seem to stall.
Yesterday I drank extra water and measured food, and finally today I broke below to 193 3/4. Very encouraging.

My husband certainly is complimenting the way I look, and how sweet it is to put on those old smaller clothes that I never threw away! I am waiting to buy new ones till I have reached my goal, unless there is some special occasion between now and then.

I feel that if I hadn't found this message board, I might not have persisted through all these challenges. I have been able to tweak my behavior based on advice here - in this case I think it's the additional water over and above the 64 oz. that is working.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Today I went to a friends house and she offered me some iced herbal tea. I took 2 small sips before she mentioned "I sweetened it with agave nectar". YIKES! After that I did not drink anymore. I hope those two sips won't make a difference or throw me out of ketosis! What do you think?????
Old 09-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #36  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
Today I went to a friends house and she offered me some iced herbal tea. I took 2 small sips before she mentioned "I sweetened it with agave nectar". YIKES! After that I did not drink anymore. I hope those two sips won't make a difference or throw me out of ketosis! What do you think?????

You'll be fine. In fact a few of the restricted packets are sweetened with agave syrup. I don't think it is wise to add it to things like tea but a few sips won't throw you off.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #37  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Super excited for tonight...it's my BF birthday. Grilling steaks and IP reg. veggies. Making homemade ice cream for THEM....but I am saving my 4th packet for dessert! Now, do I want Choc/hazelnut? Cheesecake?? Custard Cream? Rasp Jello? OHHHHHHH, the choices!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Super excited for tonight...it's my BF birthday. Grilling steaks and IP reg. veggies. Making homemade ice cream for THEM....but I am saving my 4th packet for dessert! Now, do I want Choc/hazelnut? Cheesecake?? Custard Cream? Rasp Jello? OHHHHHHH, the choices!!!!!!!!
HI Okay I understand the rasp jello dessert option. But please tell me about the others... (Can you tell I still have a bit of a sweet tooth?)

Have a great night celebrating
Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
You'll be fine. In fact a few of the restricted packets are sweetened with agave syrup. I don't think it is wise to add it to things like tea but a few sips won't throw you off.
Thanks Next time I should remember to ask, "What's in it?". It's a new concept for me. Before IP, the sweeter, the better..... Boy have things changed!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
...I'm going to need to know what you're talking about, ma'am. My dessert obsession is crying to find out about cheesecake.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #41  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post

Just think if I wasn't hit by the car I would have not found any of you. How lucky am I!
OMG! What a nightmare! And you turned it into a dream.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #42  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
HI Okay I understand the rasp jello dessert option. But please tell me about the others... (Can you tell I still have a bit of a sweet tooth?)

Have a great night celebrating
I think wyoangel is using Lindora products, not strictly IP products.

Lindora has a cheesecake packet that's pretty good.

Last edited by salesgod; 09-22-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Day three and so far so good

My first week's packets are a mix. My coach said I would discover what I liked and what I didn't. So far only the lemon pudding gets a thumbs down.

Even though I've been reading here a lot, my question for all you experts is how do you know for sure you're in ketosis? And, how little a booboo to throw you out? Yesterday I had a little tickle in my throat and started to suck on a Halls lozenge, then realized OMG it's probably full of sugar!! I spit it out right away! Hope I didn't set myself back.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I follow a comic and I found one that just killed me.

If any of you people are doing this alone while a partner "eats what they want" but still share meals together and have to sample our concoctions of super amounts of veggies we have to eat... this totally makes sense. I hope it gives you something to laugh at, to take your mind off the stress that can come with trying to lose weight.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #45  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Showgirlaz..... WOW thanks for taking the time to write back to me in such detail. I "test drove" IP around this time last year for a few weeks and then actually followed the protocol in the spring on this year but budget is definitely and issue because I am a college student. I had completely forgotten that I was supposed to be having a 3rd packet a day. I drink the EAS edge carb control shakes from Wal-Mart because they are very comparable in nutritional value to IP (not nearly as good but I had to sacrifice something and it wasn't going to be money). I wonder if having 7.5 oz of protein a day instead of that third packet would be alright. Assuming I eat a protein low in fat... I use sparkpeople.com to track my daily food intake values. I figure as long as I am staying within the carb, fat, and calorie intake values for the day and no having any sugar then I am good to go... ideas??
Closed Thread