Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #46  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Yip you all are cuz I have been craving beer really really bad and I am not a big drinker. I had a sip. No a drink, not a beer, a sip.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #47  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Coastalcrafter, I suffer from regular severe migraines too. Mine have improved with IP but have not disappeared. Have you tried using Stevia instead of Splenda? I have the same intolerance for artificial sweeteners. Stevia does taste slightly different than most sweeteners but you will adjust quickly and it is IP approved. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
Hi EatsAnts! Sorry to hear your a fellow migraine sufferer...
I do not use ANY artificial sweetners at all, EVER.. it's the splenda in the IP packets/bars that's bothering me..I think it builds up in my system weekly
(" your body doesn't burn artificial sugars like you do sugar- it gets stored in the body awhile til the body breaks it down" quoting my neurologist..)
So that's why I'm getting a whopper of a migraine 1-2 days a week, trying to flush it out with water.... I'm just sensitive to chemicals, and splenda is extracted from sugar with a chemical.
Oh well, it would be too easy to just lose weight without suffering of some kind. I've been stationary biking trying to lose the lose thigh stuff-yuck! Arthritus has been aching in my hands too.. anyone else???
Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
First weigh..have to pop in quickly!

5.6 down and 11.5 inches gone...yay..

Now off to clean up the basement and will catch up on boards later.

Cie
Great 1st WI...Keep up the wonderful job!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

So.....

if you put it in your mouth, chew it a little but don't swallow!!!!!

is that cheating?????
Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
So.....

is that cheating?????
Sadly, I would think so... only because we cannot chew gum with asparatame, therefore, some of what we put in our mouth will be absorbed?? Just my thoughts

You are all wonderful, even the speedo king!!!

Have a great night all!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:06 PM   #51  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good morning IP world of friends!

I have a question.... I have a rash on my chin and around my nose area -- almost resembles poision ivy but it is not... and it showed up the first week of IP.. anyone else get this? I am wondering if it is some kind of soy allergy???

Have a great day all, and I will check in later!

Candace
You know thats kinda odd that you mentioned that as I have a rash like with 3 bumps on my neck, that showed up after I started IP... not sure what it is, maybe its the food, maybe its just by body freaking out about detoxing...
Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #52  
The Dress

Just sharing.....I found many medical sites that say the same.....

Ask Dr. Stuart Stark-

Does Splenda Cause Migraines?
Medically reviewed by Ed Zimney, M.D.
Q: I never had headaches before using Splenda about one and a half years ago. Did not relate them to this use until I had such severe left side focal headache with such pounding and vomiting . Have you heard of this sweetener causing migraines, and could it cause further problems?
A:
Artifical sweeteners are one of the most common dietary migraine triggers! I have seen two patients during the past six months who reported Splenda, also called sucralose, as a headache trigger.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #53  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
You know thats kinda odd that you mentioned that as I have a rash like with 3 bumps on my neck, that showed up after I started IP... not sure what it is, maybe its the food, maybe its just by body freaking out about detoxing...

Google Splenda ( which is sucralose- that's in MOST IP products) and rashes.. it can cause them along with migraines..
Old 09-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Just got back from vacation yesterday. Unpacked, laundry done, chores caught up and weighed in today.....down 9lbs since 9/6! Think I need to go on vacation more often. However, that is not the best news......I have now entered the world of Onederland!!!! Lots of catching up to do on all the posts. Welcome to all the newbies. This program really works.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #55  
Portland Oregon

S/C/G: 353/319/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
I did not have a good weekend on the plan. I'm going to stick with it today ... and my weigh in is at 6pm. Wish me luck on the scale so I don't get discouraged with the diet.
RhondaLynn
I am right there with you! I hit my 30 lb loss on thursday last week and somehow that was a signal for me to go crazy over the weekend. I ate like there was no tomorrow! I hope you were able to stick with it today. I am back on track today and luckily dont have to weigh in again until thursday. I hope I have the courage to be honest with my coach about my cheat! Best of luck to you!!
Dee
Old 09-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #56  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
Morning everyone....

So my weigh in on Friday wasn't as great as I had hoped although I need to look at the big picture and realize that anything lost is awesome! I love a total of 3 lbs and 3 inches in my first week.

As for this weekend. We went out to eat and I just ate a side salad. Took my own dressing and everything. It wasn't till I was halfway through my salad that I realized it had shredded cheese on it. I was so disappointed in myself for not noticing before! I'm hoping it doesn't mess things up to much!
I think we are allowed an ounce of skim milk or cheese a day... someone correct me if i'm wrong? but i doubt a few shreds of cheese will hurt you... don't be so hard on yourself!!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #57  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
So.....

is that cheating?????
wether you swallow it or not you are still consuming stuff... like gum... you are not chewing it but it still has calories, right? and sugar?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Just got back from vacation yesterday. Unpacked, laundry done, chores caught up and weighed in today.....down 9lbs since 9/6! Think I need to go on vacation more often. However, that is not the best news......I have now entered the world of Onederland!!!! Lots of catching up to do on all the posts. Welcome to all the newbies. This program really works.
ONE-DERLAND!!! lilblackdress

Translation for new people: ONE-DERLAND means her weight now is under 200, and now starts with a 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
So my weigh in on Friday wasn't as great as I had hoped although I need to look at the big picture and realize that anything lost is awesome! I love a total of 3 lbs and 3 inches in my first week.

As for this weekend. We went out to eat and I just ate a side salad. Took my own dressing and everything. It wasn't till I was halfway through my salad that I realized it had shredded cheese on it. I was so disappointed in myself for not noticing before! I'm hoping it doesn't mess things up to much!
on 3 lbs and 3 inches in your first week.
Not everyone starts out with a big number. Some people start with low-medium pounds lost and are consistent. If you stick with it and have no underlying medical issues, you'll get there regardless of how much you lost in week 1!

It probably won't mess things up, but what a great lesson to learn in your first week! Sometimes we're unconscious to what we're eating and/or how much. I bought a precut veggie plate from the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and found myself crunching on a carrot I had absolutely no idea how many other baby carrots I'd eaten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Day long migraine today-started at 3am- took 2 advil gelcaps..I took my migraine pill early morning with choc shake and 2 more advil.....
Some gals have stated their migraines have gotten beter on IP.. mine are worse.. my body just can't tolerate ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER OF ANY KIND! And the Splenda is the culprit! I called my neurologist this morning and he agrees.. Looks like I'm gonna be eating a lot of mushroom soup! ( no splenda in that!)
Interesting info from your coach, thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear about your neurologist's recommendations about the Splenda. The good news is that you'll have to become more creative with the packets you can eat. I know for sure that the soups, the omelet and the plain pancake have no sucralose/splenda. I think I've said this before, but I wish IP produced a protein powder blend that we could flavor and sweeten to individual tastes.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-20-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #59  
Choco-holic Expert

S/C/G: 165/158/140

Hello everyone,
I know I'm a bit late in jumping in... I've been reading all the threads and everything is so inspirational here. When I am having a weak moment I come online and get back on track. I am on day 13 and doing well... I have my weigh in tomorrow and am so excited.

Thanks again to everyone for the inspiring and supportive words and good luck to all this week!
-Jenny
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I think we are allowed an ounce of skim milk or cheese a day... someone correct me if i'm wrong? but i doubt a few shreds of cheese will hurt you... don't be so hard on yourself!!
We are allowed an ounce of skim milk a day but not an ounce of cheese. I suppose if you never have the skim milk, you could probably have an ounce of low-fat or no-fat cheese once a week. An ounce of cheese averages about 100 calories while an ounce of skim milk is about 10 calories. Still, I wouldn't freak out over a few shreds of cheese either.
Closed Thread