Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #31  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to a football game tonight and will have to leave around 4 which is way too early for dinner. If i'm forced to eat fast food/concession stand food tonight what would be my best bet? Hamburger without the bun, hot dog without the bun? Chicken strips minus the breading if I can manage to wait until after the game??
Old 09-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #32  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
p'n'c I'll try and describe it:
  1. You "gather" the posts you want to quote by clicking the button with the " at the bottom right of each post it's the middle button, between "QUOTE" and quick reply.
  2. When the hunting and gathering is complete, press the "post reply" button that is at the top or bottom of a page of posts
  3. All the quotes will be in the "Reply" box. Each quote starts with "QUOTE" in [ ] and ends with "/QUOTE" in[ ]
Hope that helps.
WOW! So far so good, I'll know the results in a few minutes. Things work well with the proper instructions. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
Goodmorning IP-ers,
Day 17, down 16 pounds and not seeing a difference. Feeling a little discouraged today, my whole body is just exhausted. I'm not missing any of my vitamins but just can't seem to find any energy!
Still drinking so much water its rediculous, according to Carla that's a good sign on Ketosis. Should i be monitoring ketosis stuff? I don't know much about it. There's so much talk about getting strips etc. i'm wondering if thats something i should be doing.
Finding myself in need of some motivation bad. So proud of everyone who is steady watching the scale go down! Hope everyone has a great friday!
Be encouraged! The fact that your energy level can change should encourage you. Mine has changed. A pound a day, oh my, sometimes I loose a pound a week. Have a great day.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #33  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Rachel-
I have had the hamburger without bun and chicken strips after tearing most of the crust off. Just know that these are higher in fat/carbs then if you would have fixed it at home. Take something to munch on like celery or cauliflower if you can. Good luck tonight and have fun at the game.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #34  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
Rachel-
I have had the hamburger without bun and chicken strips after tearing most of the crust off. Just know that these are higher in fat/carbs then if you would have fixed it at home. Take something to munch on like celery or cauliflower if you can. Good luck tonight and have fun at the game.
Thanks!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
Goodmorning IP-ers,
Day 17, down 16 pounds and not seeing a difference. Feeling a little discouraged today, my whole body is just exhausted. I'm not missing any of my vitamins but just can't seem to find any energy!
Still drinking so much water its rediculous, according to Carla that's a good sign on Ketosis. Should i be monitoring ketosis stuff? I don't know much about it. There's so much talk about getting strips etc. i'm wondering if thats something i should be doing.
Finding myself in need of some motivation bad. So proud of everyone who is steady watching the scale go down! Hope everyone has a great friday!
ChelseaKate I understand how you feel. I was feeling down myself earlier this week. You came to right place. Some days are tougher than others, but you can do this!! In 17 days you have lost 16 lbs!!! That's phenomenal!!! It's hard to see the difference yourself, but I am sure others are noticing. Keep up the good work!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
This was my first week on the IP diet. And actually today is my first weigh in to see how much I've lost. Have to say that the diet so far isn't as hard as I thought it would be. But I am struggling to get in the right amount of veggies, as most veggies are not my favorite food. Any suggestions on that?
PS....Wish me luck today...I'm nervous for this afternoon's weigh in!
MereBear: Check out the recipe threads. There are some good recipes there - like the sweet and sour cucumbers, stir fry veggies and roasted asparagus to name a few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
So this morning is my first day on IP. I downed 14oz of water.. struggled with the last 8.. not bad though. Then I decided.."hmmm crispy cerial sounds good." Bleh! It wasn't bad at first bite... but mine has somewhat thickened and now tastes like stale cerial thats been soaking in water for about 3 hours, but the consistancy of oh I dont know... heavy cream? Is this supposed to happen? Man... well either way.. I've successfully managed to drag myself out of bed... and I've managed to shovel down a "full breakfast of ip".
The first time I had the cereal, I really didn't like either. Now I mix mine with 6 oz of cold water, 1 packet of Splenda and a pinch of cinnamon. Tastes pretty good. My water solution to the water delimmena is to make a large cup of Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea (a suggestion for lovestoswim) with a little Splenda and then pour it into my 32 oz bottle, add some cold water and ice. I sip on throughout the morning, by lunch is just about gone.

To all the other IPers, HAPPY FRIDAY!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #36  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petclerk View Post
Hi there, I've posted my losses on the Halloween Challenge but cannot access the spreadsheet. Can you update the spreadsheet for me please? That would be really nice. Thanks so much.
Done.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #37  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
I ordered some goodies from WF a few weeks ago but nothing has come yet.
Sheila, I heard from my coach that WF takes a while to get the items one orders for some reason. Not sure if "the store" you are going to tonight for the ketosis sticks might have any WF products.

I ordered some WF dressing packets from carbsmart.com. I will let you know how speedy their delivery is.

btw, I love your photo avatar - there is some attitude! And, I'm jealous of where you live - I used to live 350 miles south of Worland in Steamboat. Wyoming is God's Country!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 258/237/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I'm going to a football game tonight and will have to leave around 4 which is way too early for dinner. If i'm forced to eat fast food/concession stand food tonight what would be my best bet? Hamburger without the bun, hot dog without the bun? Chicken strips minus the breading if I can manage to wait until after the game??
I went to a football game last week and I took the choclate drink mix, put it in the microwave for 2 minutes and then by the time I got to the game (30 minutes later) it was still very warm. I sipped on it for over an hour and a half and it got me past the popcorn smell etc.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #39  

Is there a cheaper place to purchase the WF products?
Old 09-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #40  

The first time I had the cereal, I really didn't like either. Now I mix mine with 6 oz of cold water, 1 packet of Splenda and a pinch of cinnamon. Tastes pretty good. My water solution to the water delimmena is to make a large cup of Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice Tea (a suggestion for lovestoswim) with a little Splenda and then pour it into my 32 oz bottle, add some cold water and ice. I sip on throughout the morning, by lunch is just about gone.

To all the other IPers, HAPPY FRIDAY!![/QUOTE]

adding splenda and cinnamon is an awesome idea- thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #41  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Default Whoa.. I can't eat all of this?!

Hi Sdmommy! Glad to see another sd'r here.

Whoa... so even though my breakfast wasn't what I expected. The cream of chicken soup is great.. I grilled my veggies and tossed em in and made kinda a stew.. but heres the kicker! I made a salad as well.. I'm not sure I'll be able to finsh the chicken stew alone! lol... Ok IP.. you got me.. I believe I'll be full enough to keep on truckin'.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #42  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmommy View Post
If you have a Hy-Vee (since I see you're in SD), their health food section has a large selection of WF products. I think a bottle of dressing was $3.74 (it was $5.00 at my clinic).
Old 09-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #43  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
google Walden Farms: there are a lot of sites that sell, but different sites have different prices on different items, including some ongoing sales. I have seen WF dressing packets (count 6) for as low as $3.77 at familydrugstore.com (at WF site, they are $4.89). Hard to know who has quickest delivery and cheapest shipping.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
Hi Sdmommy! Glad to see another sd'r here.

Whoa... so even though my breakfast wasn't what I expected. The cream of chicken soup is great.. I grilled my veggies and tossed em in and made kinda a stew.. but heres the kicker! I made a salad as well.. I'm not sure I'll be able to finsh the chicken stew alone! lol... Ok IP.. you got me.. I believe I'll be full enough to keep on truckin'.
What a great problem to have!.. if you can't eat the salad at lunch, save it for an afternoon snack...

hugs
Old 09-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #45  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
When I go to baseball games, I've been getting either a hamburger or the grilled chicken and tossing the bun. I, also, carry cucumber and celery slices with me to munch on. Another good tool I found was carrying a bag of the BBQ soy chips to eat when I start smelling the nachos all around me and crave something really salty. Have fun and good luck.

Quote:
I get mine from Netrition online or my local grocery store in the produce section (odd place IMO). Netrition has sales sometimes and is cheaper as a whole.
Closed Thread