Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #31  

Default Some responses: total carbs per day, weigh ins, cheats

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I am so mad at myself right now I could spit. Yesterday was the birthday party at my house for two of my kids. Well, I did so good all day until they all got here and we started talking and getting supper ready. Low and behold the next thing I knew I had eaten a cracker with some cheese spread on it. Then two. Dang it. Went out and sat on the deck and drank several glasses of water to get away from the snacks.
Stayed loyal at dinner with my grilled chicken, salad, and spinach. The birthday cake then appeared. Didn't have a piece of it but managed to straighen the left over edges and popped them into my mouth.

I am so disappointed in myself. Believe me, it is not worth cheating!
Although what you did was off program, one cracker and a taste of icing won't slow you down for days. Be gentle with yourself!
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and just get back on track and remember the lesson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Last night when I went dancing at the studio, I was completely dressed in new clothes that fit and no one said a word to me. They did; however, make several wonderful comments to my daughter who is an instructor there. My husband's eyes said enough though!
How delightful that you got and get to see that appreciation (or lust?? ) in your husband's eyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, just had WI #12 and I've hit ANOTHER plateau. Apparently my body hates me currently.

Why is it that when I need to lose weight the most, my body quits responding to this.
Awwww, Soon2B, you're feeling frustrated. Remember the scale isn't the only measure of what's happening and that our bodies work in mysterious ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Frustration!
I had decided I would try to have three really good days before my weigh-in (tomorrow)so the loss would be significant, and this morning I have actually gained a pound over what I was last week!
I did forget to take my potassium yesterday. And I tend to stall at every 5 pound mark, but this is really disappointing. What's worse, is I actually feel worried about facing this person who weighs me. Very defensive.

It's been a bit rough this week, waking up with the shakes and being hungry all the time. I've been on the program for 7 weeks, lost 18 pounds, and have never felt I was in ketosis, if that means you are not hungry and have odd breath.
I hope you can let go of your worry about weighing in. If you need a laugh, go find salesgod's advice about nonsensical comments and behaviour from coaches. That's where all this ferret talk started!

Sorry you've had a rough week. I sometimes have hunger pangs. Sometimes I'll try some water to see if it's just that I'm thirsty and sometimes I'll have another packet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies86tbc View Post
I was at my weigh in last week and have consistantly lost about 3 lbs a week. I was very happy with this. My coach told me I needed to cut my carbs to below 25 g per day for a faster weight loss. I have been miserable ever since I did this. I thought I had everything under control but now I feel like the diet is controlling me for the first time. Ever since I have done this I'm fighting hunger. Can anyone tell me what their coaches are telling them about the daily carb intake. Also i have added walking and pilates to my routine. Since I have done this I'm always thinking about food and hungry. Any suggestions would be helpful
If you were happy about losing 3 lbs per week, what changed your mind? As others have suggested, you might want to check to which carbs your coach was referring. Have IP packets that total < 25 carb? Total carbs/day < 25 g? Total carbs < 25 g/day could be done, but it's not an Ideal Protein protocol that I've seen or read about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
As much as I enjoy my "steak-flavored jello" it was time to update the signature. It oughta be good for a chuckle.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see a goat about a ferret.
Your posts are worth at least a chuckle 96.1% of the time, a snort 62.8%, and a laugh out loud, 47.5%.

I did see your post in the "What do wish your coach had told you thread". I'm being very careful in my travels. All my passengers are on the lookout for a dude with a shrinking backside, wearing a toque with a goat and 3 chickens in the back. If I see you first ...

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-16-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: fix tags; that darn overly aggressive backspace finger!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseinsd View Post
Hi everyone - my name is Stacey and I am a nurse in South Dakota. Although being a nurse has not made me very smart about the decisions I make regarding my body. I had a heart attack 4 years ago, so I quit smoking & gained 20 pounds. Now my doctor is telling me that I need tested for diabetes as my fasting blood sugars have been high on my last three labs. Ugh. I decided finally that I HAVE to do something about my weight for my health. I almost feel like when I quit smoking. I just decided it and have never wanted to smoke again! I'm hoping that Ideal Protein can help me through this. I am glad to have found this web site and hope to gain knowledge from all of you doing it. I can't wait to get started!
Welcome, Stacey. This program is a lifesaver, even though there can be frustrating days. The changes we go through are not so bad considering the alternative of being chronically ill and really miserable as we get older.
I am trying to keep up with a very athletic husband and this is the first program that has really given me hope that I could get back to my healthy self.
You can do it too!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Okay chicks!

I had to share my first REAL NSV today! I tried my size 16 jeans on today, and I can button them up! Are they tight? Yes Do I have a muffin top? Yes! Can I get them done up! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel great!

Thanks for listening! Oh and I cannot figure out the ticker thing... still not seeing the signature option in my user CP?
Old 09-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,

Checkin in on my lunch break. Just wanted to say I had some choc soy balls last night while watching a movie and I felt like I was cheating. So yummy.

Keep up the great work everyone and to those on a plateau/frustrated - hang in there. Every diet has plateaus. You'll break through with a little hard work.

Ciao for now.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
I believe what your coach means is that you can not be having those nasty carbs like potatoes, chips, rice, bread, etc etc. We are all consuming carbs everyday in the IP foods and our veggies. These are "good" carbs. However, there are some veggies that have more carbs than others and IP packets that have more carbs than others. I think Aggies coach is just saying to avoid those higher carb IP packets, bars and veggies.
I agree, damgi...

I think that anybody, newbie or oldie, who doesn't understand the carb concept should read (or re-read) Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book... the link for it is always in the first post of every daily chat thread... lots of other good stuff there too, which I'm Svelting puts a lot of effort into... ( , kiddo!)..

hugs
Old 09-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #36  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Candance5,

Great job on the size 16 jeans. What a great feeling!

My ticker just showed up today. Yours will probably be there soon! Now I have to figure out the Halloween challenge ticker.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Good Morning All and welcome to the newbies from a newbie,
Great day yesterday! I stayed on plan and cooked for my family without even tasting one bit. I know if I taste even one bit I am doomed! I had energy yesterday which was nice too.

Working on Day 3 today. Looking forward to being able to weigh in on Monday and have my first update on weight loss.

Reading lots of posts here keeps me motivated.

Have a great day all!

Blessings,
Cie
Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #38  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Had a bad two weeks with my scale hardly moving and getting frustrated so now I can understand when others go through this. I started IP August 1st and have not had one tad of cheating since.... however because I didn't drink my 10-11 glasses of water every day and eat my 4 cups of vegetables every day my weight loss really slowed down. I was feeling a whole lot more hungrier than before and a lot less energetic too. So here's to a Re-start kick off starting today!!! Writing in the diary seems to help a lot too I still lost two inches off my huge hips even though the weight hardly budged

Have a Great Day everyone
Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #39  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

hi, all. Just got back to work from my initial consult with my coach. She seems great AND (drumroll.....) she knew about YOU! I mentioned I had been reading and reading and learning from you all. She had a smile of approval. She said some of her clients are too overwhelmed to do any pre-reading at all, so she was very glad I was prepared. Because of you all, I knew which products I wanted to select. She told me a new allowed vegetable is spaghetti squash (no other squashes, but that one, yes). I should double check with her that is is not one of the occasional veggies. She said a few more things I'll write down in a post, probably in the weekend thread.

Anyway, excited to chop, chop my veggies tonight (after class) and start IP tomorrow!

Soon 2B Mrs. T, your post made me sad for you. Listen to I'm svelting's advice and look at your most recent progress photo again. You are gorgeous now and you will reach your goals.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #40  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Hey all; hope your having a wonderful day!!

I had my first weigh in today and I am shocked!! Down 9.8lbs & 10.5 inches!!!!! I am so excited to continue my journey on this program and have enjoyed all the information I have gathered from this website, I actually told my coach all about you guys & gave her the link

once again have a awesome day!!!!

Last edited by AvaLynn; 09-16-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hey all; hoe you having a wonderful day!!

I had my first weigh in today and am shocked!! Down 9.8lbs & 10.5 inches!!!!! I am so excited to continue my journey on this program and have enjoyed all the information I have gathered from this website, I actually told my coach all about you guys & gave her the link

once again have a awesome day!!!!
Uh-oh, now you can't say anything bad about her, 'cause she might be reading!.. just kidding!.. congrats on your amazing first weigh in... you're doing great!..

hugs
Old 09-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #42  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Uh-oh, now you can't say anything bad about her, 'cause she might be reading!.. just kidding!.. congrats on your amazing first weigh in... you're doing great!..

hugs
Thank you so much for the congrats and I could never say a mean word about my coach she awesome! She calls me every few days to see how I am or if I need to talk and also text as well so if I ever have a question she's only a text away... Truly just a kind soul this lady

After reading the other posts I see there is many congrats in order so congrats ladies & I hope you are enjoying this program as much as I am!!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
hi, all. Just got back to work from my initial consult with my coach. She seems great AND (drumroll.....) she knew about YOU! I mentioned I had been reading and reading and learning from you all. She had a smile of approval. She said some of her clients are too overwhelmed to do any pre-reading at all, so she was very glad I was prepared. Because of you all, I knew which products I wanted to select. She told me a new allowed vegetable is spaghetti squash (no other squashes, but that one, yes). I should double check with her that is is not one of the occasional veggies. She said a few more things I'll write down in a post, probably in the weekend thread.

Anyway, excited to chop, chop my veggies tonight (after class) and start IP tomorrow!

Soon 2B Mrs. T, your post made me sad for you. Listen to I'm svelting's advice and look at your most recent progress photo again. You are gorgeous now and you will reach your goals.
Hi Wonder Cat! You are one day ahead of me, I am on day 2. Kinda tired today, so taking it easy and drinking tons. My coach knew about this website/thread too, and in fact reference it on one of their handouts. I told her I had researched here prior to starting too. Glad to hear you are feeling good today.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #44  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseinsd View Post
Hi everyone - my name is Stacey and I am a nurse in South Dakota. Although being a nurse has not made me very smart about the decisions I make regarding my body. I had a heart attack 4 years ago, so I quit smoking & gained 20 pounds. Now my doctor is telling me that I need tested for diabetes as my fasting blood sugars have been high on my last three labs. Ugh. I decided finally that I HAVE to do something about my weight for my health. I almost feel like when I quit smoking. I just decided it and have never wanted to smoke again! I'm hoping that Ideal Protein can help me through this. I am glad to have found this web site and hope to gain knowledge from all of you doing it. I can't wait to get started!
Welcome Stacy. I am also a nurse. Choosing to do the IP plan will be one of the best decisions you can make. My fasting blood sugars were also high but after being on this plan they are right in the range of where they are supposed to be.

Also I occasionally go low on my blood sugar on this plan so be cautious with that. Keep a bar handy in case that happens.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #45  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

So, not really sure what's going on with my body.....can TOM really effect weight loss that bad? So W1 I lost 7 lbs. W2 found me only losing 1....but stepped on the scale this morning (W3)....and I was down 7. Am I that big of a yo-yo?? Or is this to be expected every month?

Woohooo!!! So, far I'm down 15 lbs!!!! IN 3 WEEKS!!!!

Last edited by wyoangel; 09-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Closed Thread