Old 12-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #31  

auntdee- wow! you are having great success, what do you eat everyday for your meals.
mahreen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #32  

Old 12-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #33  

One for every 5 pounds lost
Old 12-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #34  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahreen86 View Post
auntdee- wow! you are having great success, what do you eat everyday for your meals.
This is my normal day - a few days a week supper is at 5pm then I reverse the snack and dinner

7am breakfast: IP drink
11am lunch: SALAD - lots of lettuce, spinach, cuc's, celery WF dressing
1pm 1 cups of cooked veg - broc cauli, mushrooms, IP Soup
4pm afternoon snack: IP restricted item
7pm dinner: 7-8 oz of protein with 2 cups of veggies

I found that I need to space my food to fit eating every 3 hours. I also take 3 Potassium tablets a day - B L D. The Magnesium is also spaced 1 at Lunch, 1 snack time and 2 with dinner.

I drink 2 cups a tea per day with Torani SF syrup - 128oz of water

I also make Kale chips to snack on, and cucumber slices.

A few of my supper options-
crab meat stuffed mushrooms, aspargus
taco meat on top of a large salad
grilled chicken with mashed rutabaga and kale
grilled spicy shrimp with Miracle noodles and steamed veggies in a soy-ginger sauce
shreadded roast pork lion in WF BBQ sauce with broc - cauil
mini turkey meatballs with chili powder and WF BBQ sauce and stirfry veggies
Grilled Steak on top of a bed of lettuce with oven roasted rutabaga fries

Supper for me never feels like a diet... friends that have come for dinner say really your on a diet????
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #35  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I will definitely try them.

I also do not drink 100 oz of water and I have been using the olive oil and sea salt.

do you recommend a specific protein bar or brand.
It sounds like your not eating or getting enough water. You might be in starvation mode. Plus you need another protein supplement. You can also add egg whites but only twice a week. I add them to the pudding mixes to make pancakes. You could add them to protein powders, you will need to look up the recipes.

I was on a 3-day vacation and needed some ready to eat options, so here's what I found - and lost 2 lbs that weekend.
Muscle Milk premade shake is good - make sure you read the labels they have a few options- I believe the LIGHT ones are the best. "Oh Yeah" protein wafer bars have a 8 carb count. Aiken's has a line of low carb bars (be careful some not as low as others). There is also a ready made chocolate pudding at GNC that is LOW carb and very close to IP pudding. Pretty Good, too. Soy nuts are good too - hard to find usually health food stores generally.

If you live near a GNC go visit them and tell them your looking for low carb options, the manager at my store was wonderful. Plus he explained the differences between the quaility of proteins. IP has one of the highest levels there is. Once I reach goal I will be using alternate products so I went to see what was available and the education.
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #36  

Thanks auntdee
Old 12-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Michelle is correct, you are not getting enough in and your body is going into starvation mode. You need to eat 4 cups of veggies a day, if you are only eating salad that is not enough, you need to add cucumbers. bell peppers, okra, zuchinni, not just lettuce. Have your night shake later not at dinner time, closer to bedtime. Are you getting the sea salt and the olive oil in? are you drinking at least 100oz of water?...these are some of the things I see that could be keeping you from losing.

My mom loss 50lbs using the EAS shakes.....OH WAIT.....you are not getting enough protein!!!....you need to change and eat a pure protein bar for lunch instead of a shake!!....she would have a protein bar and coffee for breakfast, a shake, 2 cups of veggies and a salad for lunch, 8 ozs of meat, 2 cups of veggies and a salad for dinner and another shake around 9-10pm....so you might try that and see what happens! ....hope these suggestion will help you out...Good Luck!
I added the protein bars and more water, but I havent seen a difference yet. How long does it take to lose weight.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I added the protein bars and more water, but I havent seen a difference yet. How long does it take to lose weight.
Give yourself at least a week, so your body can get used of it. It won't happen over night, sorry to say
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Hello Fellow IPers,
I was just wondering if any IPers out there have hypothyroidism? If so, how successful have you been on the program? How long you have been on the program? What has been your average weight loss? Has anyone made it to any other phases?
I would appreciate any information you could provide. I am into my second week on IP. Week 1 I lost 6.6 lbs - I have never lost 6 lbs in one month so I am very happy I am hoping I have finally found the answer I been looking for.
I love this site!!
I am my second day into my second week, and have hypothyroidism as well. My first WI I was down 5.4 lbs and 6.5 inches! I love this diet too! It is so easy!!!

TBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I have had hypothyroidism since the birth of my second child 3 years ago. I had never struggled so hard to lose weight! I felt like it was hopeless. But on this diet, the thyroid problems seemed like a non issue. I have only been on the program for 8 and a half weeks and met my goal for a loss of 27 lbs. During my first 5 weeks I lost 20lbs, which I never dreamed possible with my struggles on other weight loss programs. Prior, a loss of 3 lbs a month was a big deal. I haven't had my thyroid numbers checked since being on this program, but I'm excited to.

My "alternative med" doc who got me started on this program said sometimes the TSH numbers can be high as a result of liver issues (Conversion of the t3/t4) and the liver can be not functioning it's best because of insulin saturation. He actually suggested this diet to me because I mentioned my high TSH numbers to him. He thought the pancreas "reboot" could help my liver and maybe help the numbers to go down.

KelleyAnn
That is so encouraging! Sounds like my story. I have a total of 40lbs to lose and I have completed week one with a 5.4lb loss. I am hoping to keep losing at least 5lbs a week!!

I thought it was impossible for me to lose weight, but with IP and stories like yours-it gives me hope.

Thanks!
Tracey
TBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #41  

Will cheating here and there cause me to stop losing weight. I dont cheat big, but small, like 4 or 5 chips, a cookie, couple of dates or raisins. I am still having cravings. How do I know if my body is in ketosis?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #42  

Quote:
Will cheating here and there cause me to stop losing weight. I dont cheat big, but small, like 4 or 5 chips, a cookie, couple of dates or raisins. I am still having cravings. How do I know if my body is in ketosis?
THIS IS A NO CHEAT DIET!!!!!.....NO CHEAT MEANS EXACTLY THAT.....NO BITES, TASTE OR NIBBLES OF ANYTHING....IF ITS NOT ON THE SHEET YOU DO NOT EAT IT!!!

Your body will never get into Ketosis if you are taking bites here and there, it just won't happen. IF YOU FOLLOW the sheet, you should be in Ketosis within the first 3-5 days, you may have a bad taste in your mouth, a headache or nausaed but this is only because you are getting the toxins out of your body. YOU have to be STRONGER than the food....I am sorry if you think that I am being mean but if you can not hang for at least 2 weeks without cheating then this may not be the program for you. This is a very strict program and has great results. Just because you are craving does NOT mean you can have it. You have to drink lots of water or hot tea or even veggies.

In order for this program to work you have to follow it to a T and only have what is allowed on the program. You are allowed (by some coaches) to have MIO, propel water, MIO flavorings, Divincy syrups. If it is 0/0/0 then you can have it.

Ok, I am done with my 2 cents, again I am sorry if I come across mean but its just stating the facts. I have been on the program for 32 weeks now and have NOT CHEATED, NIBBLED, TASTED, LICKED or SIPPED ANYTHING that I was not suppose to have. I have loss 108lbs so far, I have control over the food now, the food does NOT have control over me!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #43  

wuv2bloved-

You are right, I need to be stronger and from this day forward I will not cheat. You are having success on this program because you are following it correctly and I will try to do the same.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #44  

Can I have egg whites?
Old 12-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #45  

Quote:
Can I have egg whites?
Yes you can have egg whites