Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

Indian Squash Soup

Here's a recipe that was inspired by one suggested to me by my coach:

1 IP chicken soup packet
4 oz water
2 c squash (zucchini or calabasa/Mexican grey squash)
1-2 tsp cumin or to taste
dash of cayenne powder or to taste
1/2 tsp. curry powder or to taste
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp. reduced fat sour cream

Dice and cook squash in about 4 oz of chicken broth in a sauce pan. Puree with an emersion or regular blender to desired consistency. Combine chicken soup mix with 4 oz or so cold water in a shaker cup. Add soup mixture, spices, and olive oil to squash and reheat. Turn off heat and add sour cream. Stir well.

This tastes so good and it's very filling. You don't even taste the squash at all.

Enjoy!

Karen

Last edited by karenfromtexas; 03-03-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling errors
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Default Plain Omelet Souffle!

Found this while doing a web search for things to try....couldn't find it here, so apologies if it exists somewhere!

Thanks to Valdrake at sparkpeople.com for this recipie!

1 pkg. IP plain omelet mix
200 ml. water
1 pkg. Splenda or stevia (optional)
sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
1 Tbsp. Walden Farms orange jam (optional)
1 Tbsp. Walden Farms raspberry or other jam (optional)

Shake or blend omelet mix into water with sweetener if desired. Pour into large microwaveable bowl (a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup is perfect). Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. Put in microwave and cook for approx. 4 min. on 50% power (until all of the liquid egg mixture is solid). The egg white mixture will puff up a lot so make sure you have a large glass bowl or measure or it'll be all over the microwave! It settles down when cooked. Remove the souffle from cooking bowl with rubber spatula and put into serving bowl.

If you want to make it extra special, heat any combination of Walden Farm jams (1 Tbsp. of two jams works well) in the microwave for 1 min. and pour over the souffle. You can eat it hot or put it in the fridge to cool off for a dessert. I added a Tbsp. of Walden Farms marshmallow dip spread on the top to the cold version and had it served to me at a restaurant when the rest of my family was digging into chocolate lava cakes and didn't feel deprived. I also eat it most mornings for breakfast. Play around with combinations of Walden Farms toppings and this is a flexible dish! Enjoy!

***For me, I don't use the sweetner, and put a bunch of pumpkin spice in the mix...I only have W.F strawberry spread, so I use that....but yummy!!

Last edited by countrychic; 03-05-2013 at 12:11 PM.
countrychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 AM   #258  

Default RE: IP Pinterest Group Board

Hey all...I noticed some great recipes on here...I can't keep up with all of you girls....so many great threads with yummy recipes....I'll try and keep up.

Just wanted anyone to know he may be interested about a group Pinterest Board that is entirely pinned with IP recipes...we have over 350 in less than three weeks and they are from IP clinic, various coaches, Steve from Finland and many others. We now have over 2300 followers...so if you want to just follow and pin..or just get some great recipes...here's the link......

...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...ern-chicks/and the link for motivational too......

http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

Since they are both group boards you can either pm here on 3FC or on Pinterst...ADD ME board and leave a message.if you are interested in being a board contributor...you have to get an invite for adding any pins.......Happy Pinning everyone....love your recipes...
thatgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

I just ordered a waffle/omelete maker. I can't wait to try out the IP pudding waffles. I have 2 boxes of pudding and I finally have a use for it.

I make pancakes with the cereal all the time. Has anyone tried to use that in a waffle maker?
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Default Chocolate Muffins

I had a seriously bad craving for some sort of muffin, and was ready to cheat... But I improvised with some of my packets. I am using Alternatives. It's all ProtiDiet packets, but I would imagine it would work the same for IP.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

spray cooking spray on the muffin pan

Ingredients:
1 packet ProtiDiet Chocolate pudding mix
1 Packet of ProtiDiet plain pancake mix
1 egg
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbs of EVOO
1 tbs of fat free milk
2 tsp of Walden Farms Caramel/Chocolate dip

mix with a spoon all together. and scoop in muffin pan. And bake for 15 MINUTES ONLY!

taste better when warm and Enjoy

Last edited by lcheech; 03-11-2013 at 09:43 AM.
lcheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Saw this posted on FinnSteven's Facebook page...gotta try it, it looks delish!

Thanks FinnSteven for sharing it (and sorry for grabbing it, but it looks so yummy I had to post it!)

Been experimenting with Phase 1 baking lately...came up with a non-restricted Chocolate Banana loaf this afternoon that was quick and easy to make and turned out great! You know it's a success when your kids ask for seconds! =)

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD:

Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray

In a bowl, mix the following:
1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
2 egg whites (may also work well with 1 whole egg)
1 tablespoon nonfat milk (could use up to 2 for a total of 1 oz nonfat milk in place of using 1 oz nonfat milk with your coffee in the morning)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons Walden Farms chocolate syrup (or 1-2 teaspoons Splenda may work well)
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.

Yields 2 non-restricted products. You could eat half & share the rest, or eat half the loaf today and half the loaf tomorrow, or eat half the loaf for breakfast and half the loaf for a snack, etc
countrychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #262  
started IP 03/18/13

S/C/G: 233/174/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrychic View Post

Thanks FinnSteven for sharing it (and sorry for grabbing it, but it looks so yummy I had to post
You will want to make this I made this last week YUMMY!

Last edited by cdnmomof2; 04-09-2013 at 04:56 PM.
cdnmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #263  

Height: 5'9"

I make chocolate ice cream using the chocolate drink mix. Honestly... I've convinced myself it tastes like a Frosty from Wendy's & I eat it every night while watching TV.

1 pkg chocolate drink mix
1/4 cup water
1.5 cups of crushed ice

Blend in a magic bullet until smooth. Seriously... it's got an ice cream texture & it's so good. This will help me get through the summer months!
leahrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 193/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrychic View Post

Thanks FinnSteven for sharing it (and sorry for grabbing it, but it looks so yummy I had to post it!)

Been experimenting with Phase 1 baking lately...came up with a non-restricted Chocolate Banana loaf this afternoon that was quick and easy to make and turned out great! You know it's a success when your kids ask for seconds! =)

CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD:

Spray a mini-loaf pan with olive oil non-stick spray

In a bowl, mix the following:
1 packet Chocolate Drink Mix
1 packet Banana Pudding Mix
2 egg whites (may also work well with 1 whole egg)
1 tablespoon nonfat milk (could use up to 2 for a total of 1 oz nonfat milk in place of using 1 oz nonfat milk with your coffee in the morning)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons Walden Farms chocolate syrup (or 1-2 teaspoons Splenda may work well)
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Pour all contents into the mini loaf and bake for about 15 minutes.

Yields 2 non-restricted products. You could eat half & share the rest, or eat half the loaf today and half the loaf tomorrow, or eat half the loaf for breakfast and half the loaf for a snack, etc
This is so so so good with chocolate drink + chocolate pudding + Torani sugar-free raspberry syrup!
stephanoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #265  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Height: 5'4"

Talking Latte mousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Instead of using cold water as the liquid, I use cold decaf coffee for a "latte mousse" or cold spice tea for a chai-like treat.

Both are good with the chocolate pudding too.

This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. It's my very first day on IP and I found this website and got hooked immediately. I know it's going to help motivate me to read these posts. I especially like this thread. Thanks again for the inspiration!!
Aprlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #266  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahrb View Post
I make chocolate ice cream using the chocolate drink mix. Honestly... I've convinced myself it tastes like a Frosty from Wendy's & I eat it every night while watching TV.

1 pkg chocolate drink mix
1/4 cup water
1.5 cups of crushed ice

Blend in a magic bullet until smooth. Seriously... it's got an ice cream texture & it's so good. This will help me get through the summer months!

This is cool (literally). I was wondering if we could add ice to the drink packets.
Thanks
Aprlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #267  

bump
ssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #268  

bump
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #269  
Start IP 6/6/2013

S/C/G: 199/153/120

Height: 5ft

I am concerned I've made my chocolate-banana bread into a restricted snack as I've players around with it but when I add the calories up it shouldn't be so. I may not be considering the entire nutritional combination, however. I use:

1 dark chocolate pudding mix
1 banana pudding mix
1 egg and 2 TBLS egg white (I saw a version of this recipe that uses this combination so used it)
2 TBLS non-fat milk
2 TBLS olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp stevia
4 or 5 oz water

What am I not considering? I feel like half a loaf may be restricted because I seem to be in some sort of weight plateau right now. I have not seen my scale budge again this week, after actually gaining a pound last week. I am not so worried about that right now but, again, am concerned that I will see this trend continue if I use this recipe. Also, it is soo tasty it is hard to believe that half a loaf isn't restricted!!
Goodtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #270  
sugar is the devil

If you are tired of the same ole packet and want a flavour change:

Vanilla Chai Pudding
-boil 150ml water and prepare chai tea (I let mine steep for about 5 mins to increase the flavour)
-put in fridge to cool
-mix with Vanilla Pudding

I also tried making a Matcha Vanilla Drink but I need to experiment a bit more with flavourings so it's less bitter tasting (will post when I figure out the right combinations)
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote