Fun with Ideal Protein Packets

You're on Page 9 of 21
Go to
  • Quote: So I finally tried it. I added MIO Frut Punch to Vanilla Pudding

1 Vanilla Pudding packet
    2 squirts of MIO
    Put in a dish and froze it.

It was like eating a fruit gelato.. I found it very good.

Tonight, Tigar ice cream using vanilla pudding packet
    What is MIO?
  • Quote: What is MIO?
    It is a water flavouring that we can't buy in Canada. I was in Montana on the weekend and picked up some. It just makes the water a little easier to drink.
  • Tiger Ice cream
    1 Vanilla pudding packet 2 - 3 drops orange extract 2 -3 drops anise extract

I put the extracts in our shaker, with one ice cube( thickens faster) and the instructions amount of water and the vanilla pudding packet, shake and then pour in a container and put in the freezer.

I use to love tiger ice cream as a kid and still like it once and a while love to have licorice shakes... this was just what I needed after a bad weigh in...
    Enjoy
  • I like to add the Torani Sugar free syrups to my puddings or drinks change up the flavours I love making Vanilla "Ice Caps" yummy treat!
  • I made the chicken soup packet into a taco type soup. Add 0/0/0 stock to thin it out some and add flavor. Add cumin, chili powder, green onions, jalapenos, whatever veggies you like, I added sauteed mushrooms. You could also add the soy patty already cooked and crumbled and divide it into two servings, just double the veggies as well. I had a bunch of soup packets left over from my first week and was trying to find a way to make them edible.
  • Chocolate covered Cherries
    Just love this one... I make the dark chocolate pudding with a couple of squirts of DaVinci's Black Cherry sugar free syrup. Put it in the fridge for a while.... tasted just like the lowries chocolate covered cherry bars... soooo good.

To make it thicken faster I put a couple of ice cubes in my shaker and use cold water from the fridge, it thickens so fast. and is ready in minutes.
  • Quote: ok..so i took one blueberry pancake mix packet and added an egg white and a tiny bit of baking powder and a dash of vanilla and cinnamon along with water...and nuked it in the microwave attempting to get a muffin..and i ended up with a rubbery deflated pancake instead...

Any other thoughts?
    Main problem is using the microwave. However, almost all "muffins" using only the pudding mix will deflate.

The good news is that I have heard there is a great recipe using 1 packet of IP Oatmeal and 1 packet of Pudding to make muffins that actually stay thick and muffin-y. (There is also an oatmeal/ zucchini muffin which is excellent as well).

"Lemon Poppyseed Muffins...er pancakes"

Will look for the other recipe when I get back from my work travels. And if I cant find it, I'll make one up when my clinic gets more Oatmeal in.
  • Quote: I just wanted to bump this up. I have got alot of great ideas from this thread.

I tried the vanilla pudding with the WF caramel last night. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
    Yes, I did this with the nasty ole chocolate pudding, and it was FABULOUS!!
  • What a great big loverly bunch of ideas!!! Thanks!!
  • As a newbie, i love the ideas. Thank you for posting. Gives me hope that i don't have to have plain packets for weeks on end.....I love all your creativity. Keep it up.
  • I asked my nutritionist if I could add some flavoring extracts to my food. I was told that since it has alcohol content I can't use them? Does anybody happen to know an extract brand that doesn't have an alcohol?
  • My coach told me she is going to order in some WF for the first time, I am quite excited about that. Any recomendations? Favorites?
  • Bumping this for hwngrl
  • Quote: My coach told me she is going to order in some WF for the first time, I am quite excited about that. Any recomendations? Favorites?
    LOVE the walden farms caramel syrup...I drizzle some on the dark chocolate pudding and add a little sea salt, it's like salted caramel chocolates. A little disappointed with the chocolate syrup...it's ok, it just doesn't taste as close to the real things as I was hoping it would. I'll still use it, but I'll probably be reaching for the bottle of caramel stuff first.
  • bump for the newbies