Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for all the good ideas! I am just into my second week, so not bored yet! Good to have some proactive ideas already to go for when I do get that way...
Fairybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #287  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
Thank you for all the good ideas! I am just into my second week, so not bored yet! Good to have some proactive ideas already to go for when I do get that way...
I knew when I started I'd be on IP for many months. I started with recipes the first week so boredom would never have a chance to take hold. I started tons of veggie prep & veggie purées in my soups from the get-go. Part of that was because I knew from the beginning to get in mostly savory instead of sweet. All the sweet just isn't a realistic way to eat & I didn't want to get used to it.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #288  

These are great! I'm on day 3 and getting bored already!
thenewme42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #289  

Thank you for all the wonderful recipes. Was looking for some new ideas and these are great in week 5.
ruderring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #290  

Default Chicken Noodle Soup

Last night I prepared the chicken noodle soup in a small bowl then sautéed a celery stalk, 3 mushrooms, 1/2 head of broccoli with grape seed oil. I added 1/2 chicken bullion while sautéing. Added a cup of water and the rest of the bouillon.
After a high boil I added the LP soup mix.
Very yummy !
alshims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #291  
kw2neat

S/C/G: 239/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Default cheddar snacks

I baked them with a sprinkle of Tabasco on them--going to try other things too. I really liked them better after I baked them.
kw2neat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 255/225/140

Height: 5"4'

Has anyone used a noodle maker for veggies? I saw it on tv and don't remember the name of it.

Last edited by Snickbean; 12-14-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Snickbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #293  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickbean View Post
Has anyone used a noodle maker for veggies? I saw it on tv and don't remember the name of it.

I don't know the one on TV but here is what I bought from Amazon to make 'spaghetti noodles ' from zucchini....
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Vegeta...zJub036ZRTG_tt

The spiralizer works very well - this is a sale deal with extras now - I only got the spiralizer back in July. Nice way to replace pasta and stay OP!

I have a Ninja Pulse machine that I use to shred cauliflower or zuke into rice sized pieces. IMO, easier than shredding with a flat surface shredder.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #294  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickbean View Post

I make my zucchini (and yellow squash and cucumber) noodles with a Julienne Peeler that I got from Bed Bath & Beyond for about 8 bucks. But the Vegetti is the little device you are talking about, I have a friend who bought it and he loves it!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #295  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I make my zucchini (and yellow squash and cucumber) noodles with a Julienne Peeler that I got from Bed Bath & Beyond for about 8 bucks. But the Vegetti is the little device you are talking about, I have a friend who bought it and he loves it!
I use the Vegetti and also love it! My kids like to watch the veggies turn into spaghetti. :-)
ladelineb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:55 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRfirefly View Post
Oatmeal Zucchini Muffins (Phase 1-4)

Ingredients:
1 Ideal Protein Maple Oatmeal Packet
1 Egg White – beaten
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp of Stevia
1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 – 3/4 of small zucchini finely grated.
you may need to squeeze out the extra juice.

Directions:
Beat the egg in a bowl. Add Maple Oatmeal, baking powder, salt, Splenda,cinnamon, and zucchini. Mix and gradually add water until you have a goodbatter. Bake at 385°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Makes 3 regular muffins or12-bite size.
Any time I've tried to make a "bread, cookie, or cake" item it comes out spongy. I just can't handle that texture. Ay suggestions??
Aishee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #297  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishee View Post
Any time I've tried to make a "bread, cookie, or cake" item it comes out spongy. I just can't handle that texture. Ay suggestions??
That's pretty much how they come out.

What makes cakes and muffins fluffy is the proteins in the flour. Packets contain a completely different kind of protein that doesn't behave the same way as regular flour proteins do - so the texture is not going to be the same.

Unfortunately, any time you make a bread-like product with a packet it's not going to be the same as the real thing....but if you're really craving something different sometimes "close enough" has to do
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #298  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aishee View Post
One tip I have found is that the longer you bake the muffins, the more dense they become... I let mine get quite brown - baking them for at least 30 minutes.

The other thing I have found is that if you add some water to the muffin dough/batter -- enough to make it a closer to pancake batter, you can bake it a wafflemaker. Once again - let it cook through for at least 20 minutes.

Finally, whether as puffy muffins with a rather custard like texture, or whether a waffle with some crispiness hot off the waffle iron, they are wonderful vehicles for Walden Farms sugar free pancake syrup! I find that I like them very much!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:45 PM   #299  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I thought I would share this here as well as in the Daily post for future uses. I found it on an Ideal Protein page on Facebook, very good tips....Enjoy

Ideal Weight Loss, LLC
HINTS & TIPS FOR DRINKS & PUDDINGS: What if you choose a drink mix or a pudding and decide you don't like the taste? Try these hints and you might be surprised to find that you fall in love with the taste again!

Before starting, though... I highly recommend that everyone on the Ideal Protein invest in a Blender. Both the shakes and the puddings benefit mixing in a blender...especially when adding ice and making Frappucinos... but also for a smooth, even distribution of the powder/protein.

Many of these hints have been scattered throughout other posts, but its always a helpful reminder to refresh and inspire.

1. Flavor Extracts: Add 1 tsp of extract such as peppermint, almond, rum, vanilla, or a variety of the Torani/ Da Vinci Sugar-Free syrups. Sometimes a splash of flavor can transform something just ok into something you crave.

For example, I didnt like the Strawberry Pudding taste, so I added 1/2 tsp (1 capful) of Arrack extract + 1/2 package sweetener + ice to make it into a delicious marsipan candy flavored milkshake.

Other dieters say that the huge variety of Sugar-Free syrups are life-savers... the black cherry, coconut, hazelnut, pumpkin and Kalua seem to be big winners. (Note that most are carb-free, but a couple have a few carbs in them (Peanut Butter for example.) So read the labels and use in moderation. The tiny amount used for drinks wont affect you, but if you pour on pancakes, you need to check.)

Also note that some coaches discourage using extracts because of the alcohol content used. Since you only use 1/2 tsp (1 capful), I didnt find any negative effects and continue to use extracts for one of my meals per day. However, feel free to use the SweetLeaf drops or sugarfree/carbfree/fatfree syrups instead if you are worried.

2. Sweetener (Splenda/ Truvia/ etc): For the puddings, I often make them into shakes (using up to 2 cups of ice cold water + ice) but find that I need to add the sweetener (allowance from morning coffee) to help perk up the flavor. This was especially important at the beginning of the diet when I was weaning myself off mega-carbs and sugar. The extra water also helps to balance the flavors as well as increasing your portion. I use a blender.

3. Mix & Match: When making the fruit flavored shakes alone in a blender, they foam like crazy. (I like this for evening so I feel fuller). But if you arent crazy about the foam, but still want a smoothie texture, in a sealable container, mix 1 packet of the fruit flavor (Orange/ Pineapple Banana/ Peach Mango) and 1 packet of vanilla pudding. Pour half into the blender and add water, saving the rest for another meal. The vanilla pudding makes it thicker and gives a subtle body to the fruit flavors so the stark orange tranforms into a Creamy Dreamsicle.

4. Spices: Cinnamon is fantastic for your body and also turns a plain drink into something special. Apple Pie or Pumpkin Pie spice gives almost any drink a warm Autumn flavor (The Butterscotch Pudding is one of my favourite versatile mixes that goes well with many things). Cardamom (crushed) gives a sweet, nutty exotic flavor. Chili...especially good Indian Chili Powder...gives a great kick... especially to cinnamon chili chocolate shake.

5. Replace your water with herbal tea or coffee. I love using Celestial Seasonings' BENGAL SPICE (cinnamon, cardemom) in place of water for amazing Frappaccinos. The other day I used an herbal Lemon & Ginger Tea with Vanilla IP Pudding and 1 TB of poppy seeds + 1 packet of sweetener for a beautifully subtle lemon poppy seed Frappacino (I think the lemon pudding would have been too strong.)

6. Try it Hot: The chocolate drink warms up gorgeously for a rich cocoa. Friends say that adding hot coffee to the cappucino drink is also lovely. (Or making the vanilla pudding with cold water, then adding it to hot coffee for a dreamy, creamy vanilla Latte.)

7. Straws: If you still have a hard time with the tastes, straws help.

8. Or if you just hate something, there are usually many other alternatives. The raspberry Jelly tastes like real Jell-o (and is great for your skin and nails.) You can mix the raspberry jelly with the puddings (for 2 separate servings) if you dont like the puddings by themselves.

9. Herbs: Surprisingly, adding handfuls of fresh basil to the lemon pudding or fresh mint to the chocolate or vanilla puddings (along with 1/2 -1 packet sweetener) give them an entirely different taste.

10. Portions: I will almost always increase the amount of water from 8 oz to 16 oz (about 2 cups) when making drinks (or often making drinks out of puddings). You dont lose the flavor and you get so much more to enjoy without guilt. The vanilla pudding is especially successful making a pudding into a drink because it is a bit thicker. A mentioned earlier, the butterscotch pudding is also a favourite because of how many different things I can do with it.

The Ideal Protein diet actually has an enormous range of delicious possibilities... it just might take a little time to find your groove.
This diet really DOES work...and FAST... and there are many choices of foods to eat (There are already over 70 recipes on just this page!) so it is well worth digging a little for ideas on how to make it work for you and finding flavours you love.
bumping to make it easier to find...great tips to remember!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #300  
Starting IP on 12-29-14

S/C/G: 174/164/128

Thanks for all the great recipe ideas. I'm new to IP but down 14lbs in just 4 weeks
LisaN53 is offline   Reply With Quote